- Technology and business savvy individual looking to secure a position in IT systems deployment for a company that offers challenging work and professional growth. Seeking to maximize my contribution to business services by leveraging my talents, expertise, and desire to stay ahead of the IT curve. Leveraging new technologies helping the business cut costs and become more efficient.
- Over seven (7) years of system and network administration experience.
- Architected, planned, and deployed a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) for users reducing the amount of support time for technicians and improve productivity for clients.
- Understanding of business process and how computer systems fit into the business flow.
- Jack of all trades with system management giving insight on how computer systems work together and finding costs that can be reduced or eliminated.
- Administration and management of Citrix/VMware/Microsoft virtualized and cloud computing environments consisting of HP 3PAR and HP c7000 blade enclosures
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Proficient networking knowledge with Cisco IOS.
- Strong applied customer service skills.
- Adept at handling multiple tasks under pressure and working in a fast paced work environment.
- Knowledge of SAM (Software Asset Management) solutions and importance
- Apply best practices to change management and change documentation
Operating Systems: Microsoft Server (2012/2008/2003 ), Microsoft Windows (8/7), Ubuntu
Applications: Microsoft Office Suite (2013/2010), Citrix XenDesktop 7.6, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010/2013, Microsoft Lync Server 2013, Unidesk, SCCM 2012 R2
Environment: s: VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper - V, Citrix XenServer
Network Management: Wireshark, Solar Winds, Spiceworks
Confidential, West Bend, WI
Sr. Systems Administrator
- Implemented Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp 7.6 to replace aging XenDesktop 5.6
- Deployed Unidesk VDI environment to free the help desk from desktop deployments
- Designed fault tolerant VMware environment with HP c7000 blade enclosures
- Use learned knowledge to architect computer systems to save on leasing costs
- Created project plans to virtualize ERP system for better disaster recovery
- Development and deployment of SCCM 2012 R2 server site infrastructure
- Manage EMC VNX 5300 and HP 3PAR 7400 arrays
- Implemented LYNC server 2013 for real time collaboration
- Migrated from thick to thin provisioned SAN to save on storage costs
- Aided in developing fresh ideas on helpdesk and systems integration with business
- Replaced and configured Cisco Catalyst 3750x switch stacks in main building
Confidential, Waukesha, WI
Technical SAM Consultant
- Creating detailed deployment plan and executing software distribution
- Troubleshooting issues with Windows Server environments and transport protocol
- Exploring SCCM settings and extracting useful information
- Working with customers to alleviate network issues with inventory program
- Aiding customer with reducing costs and overhead associated with software licenses
- Compose lowest cost/best method of managing software and hardware assets
- Developed rapport with customers to determine pain points and determine solutions
- Manage and support hosted and on-premise SAM solutions
- Perform an inventory of installed software on client servers and workstations
Client Support Specialist
- Managed a joint Cisco UCS and VMware vSphere 4.1 environment- improving infrastructure security, scalability, and business continuity.
- Led a successful migration to a new Citrix server, XenApp 6 application virtualization solution allowing users on-demand access to applications across the network; provided hands-on user training.
- Responsible for client support covering five globally distributed locations, and 400+ accounts.
- Monitored and maintained network infrastructure / network mapping documentation.
- Updated and installed Trend Micro Office Scan, optimizing virtual desktop endpoint security.
- Performed software installations and upgrades to Windows operating systems and layered software packages; maintaining them in accordance with procedures and service agreements.
- Developed and maintain an IT disaster recovery plan to minimize corporate risk.
- Implemented a cost free deployment solution for imaging client computers, improving IT efficiencies.