- Hands - on technical leader, security analyst, project leader with extensive experience in risk analysis, policy creation, security issue remediation, and coordinating project teams.
- Executing the development and implementation of enterprise security programs in compliance with multiple regulatory and functional requirement frameworks.
- Familiar with financial services and banking industries. Expertise in IT security audits for systems supporting web application processing, and organizational internet presence. Proven ability in security process and organizational design - in particular enterprise level security solution design, implementation, and management experience for solutions.
- Directly responsible for intrusion detection, SIEM implementation, Patch Management and Log Management solutions.
- Self-motivated and capable to work independently or in a team with demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks to accomplish maximum results, timely completion of projects, and ability to address organizational problems with innovative solutions.Vulnerability & Risk Management Security Monitoring, Analysis & Reporting Disaster Recovery
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Information Security Engineer
- Perform security product analysis and implementation for cloud platforms for Managed Cloud Security Service
- Assess Customer’s Cloud security requirements (technical/governance)
- Document Cloud security product implementation standards and associated governing policies.
Confidential, Somerset, NJ
Information Security Analyst
- Created Security Policies, Standards and Procedures for SHI’s Cloud Operations for management approval and implementation.
- Executed the development and implementation of enterprise security programs in compliance with multiple regulatory and functional requirement frameworks.
- Manage the team accountable for maintaining security compliance for Cloud customer requirements.
- Coordinate with the Cloud Architecture Team for Cloud design and oversee vendor implementation of security controls and work as part of project teams to ensure that security controls are deployed and maintained consistent with security policy.
- Manage resources required to execute the information security program for SHI Cloud operations.
- Ensure that the information security controls agreed to Cloud customer contracts are performed.
- Manage and execute vulnerability assessments against SHI’s critical information systems through assessments of operating systems, web applications, networking devices and other technology.
- Evaluate risks associated to identified vulnerabilities and provided guidance and work with different groups in remediating the identified vulnerabilities.
- Implement mitigation controls for vulnerabilities via patch management process and intrusion detection signature update process.
- Direct SHI Cloud operations team to accomplish project goals that ensure all security controls are implemented to secure Cloud services.
- Manage project teams to ensure that security controls are deployed and maintained consistent with security policy.
- Implement and manage Cloud access control aligning with Cloud security policies.
- Design, implement and manage Cloud data encryption. Manage RSA Key Manager Key Vault and Brocade ADX load balancers for Cloud Data Encryption.
- Implement and Manage Firewall, IPS defense system and Antivirus & Malware protection. McAfee Firewall Enterprise, McAfee Firewall Control Center, McAfee Network Security Platform (IPS), McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (Antivirus and Malware protection), Checkpoint VPN.
- Developed policies for Vendor Management and External Service Providers for Cloud operations.
- Negotiated Vendor Contract for External Cloud Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)operations.
- Negotiated with vendors for external vulnerability assessment tools. Provide cost benefit analysis and identify the right vendor and product for the procurement for external vulnerability assessment services.
- Coordinated and negotiated with Vendor for the procurement of Splunk log management solution. Implemented Splunk log management solution to collect, use and analyze all log data in real time.
- Developed and Managed the implementation incident reporting and incident management program
Confidential, East Rutherford, NJ
Information System Security Engineer
- Implement and manage environment-wide compliance with requirements mandated by FISMA, Financial Management Services, Federal Reserve Bank, Payment Card Industry (PCI), and actionable memorandum received from high level Department of Treasury officials.
- Define and document security policies as per NIST security guidelines.
- Manage the implementation of security standards and validate as per NIST recommendations.
- Manage and perform internal security auditing to measure the effectiveness of security controls and security defense systems.
- Performed technical audits of the Information technology functions for compliance with all existing policies, procedures, and standard business practices
- Develop and document audit process for all existing information system controls and newly implemented information security controls.
- Provide security guidance as part of new architecture design, review, and implementation process.
- Managed the implementation of ArcSight Log Management Solutions.
- Identified and negotiated with information technology operation teams to allocate resources in designing and implementation of Log Management and IDS network defense systems.
- Review all user and privileged access controls and grant access based on the requirements for the responsibilities and need-to-know.
- Implement and Manage Intrusion Detection Devices: IDS Enterprise Management Servers, NIDS and HIDS devices, Updating NIDS Signatures and HIDS Policies.
- Implement and Manage McAfee Foundstone Enterprise Wide Vulnerability Assessment tool and performed enterprise wide Vulnerability Assessment.
- Assisted with the forensic investigation of security breaches and legal matters associated with such breaches.
- Performed vulnerability assessments against high visible environment. Identified potential risks to critical information through assessments of operating systems, web applications, networking devices and other technology.
- Prepare and distribute monthly Security Metrics Report to Executive Management detailing status of environment-wide security posture. Monitor and update all Information security program activities to higher management.
- Review and provide security approval for all firewall rule implementation.
- Responsible for security exploit mitigation via patch management process and intrusion detection signature update process.
Systems Security Engineer
- Performed key consulting services during design and development of IT security priorities for long-term strategic analysis.
- Developed and Implemented information security policies, procedures, and standards for business functions.
- Maintain Windows Desktop and Server Security Standards and Compliance.
- Deploy and Manage Symantec AntiVirus protection for Windows.
- Provided and documented end user training for customized desktop builds, and centralized software and data usage.
- Efficiently managed Firewall configurations, Firewall Rules Review and Approval for Firewall Rule Implementations
- Prepared disaster recovery and business continuity plan with Principal Engineer.
- Implemented and managed data backup and off-site storage procedures
- Provide recommendations for selecting external support contractors. Negotiate support agreements and fees associated for providing professional services
- Proficiently conducted comprehensive Sun Solaris security configuration audit, Application Security Analysis and reporting utilizing Tripwire, QualysGuard and AppScan.
- Sun Solaris 8 & 10 System Administration and Security compliance solutions for Sun Solaris.
- Developed, planned and managed the implementation of UNIX, Windows and Database Security Standards.
- Coordinated with business owners for the allocation of resources in information technology operations for the Security Compliance Monitoring and Reporting.
- Developed and Managed the implementation incident reporting and incident management program
- Developed, supervised and guided the implementation of Real time Event monitoring.
- Manged the team responsible for the proactive remediation of Infrastructure Vulnerabilities.
- Implement mitigation controls for vulnerabilities via patch management process.
Systems Security Engineer
- Designed and developed security compliance solutions for UNIX and Windows environment.
- Implementing Symantec Enterprise Security Managers and deploying ESM Agents.
- Creating Policies for UNIX and Windows Security Standards. Security Compliance Monitoring and Reporting.
- Testing and Deployment of ESM Security releases and new versions.
- Creating reports from Symantec Enterprise Reporting (Cognos ReportNet Server)
- Designed and developed security solutions for server environments Solaris 8, Solaris 10, AIX and Windows.
- Design & implementation of NetIQ Vulnerability Manager and NetIQ VigilEnt Security Agents for Windows, Active Directory, Novel, Netware, Oracle, Sybase and Microsoft SQL 2000 Server.
- Symantec Enterprise Security Manager (ESM 6.5) Security Compliance Monitoring and Creating Policies for Security Standards. Testing of ESM Security releases and new versions.
- Provide Security Configuration Standards for Windows, UNIX, Oracle and Sybase.
- Conducted Training programs for System Administration on NetIQ, Symantec ESM & Security remediation.
- Developed and enforced information security compliance for Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- Real time Event monitoring and Responsible for the proactive remediation of Infrastructure Vulnerabilities.
- Recommended improvements in all identified deficient areas and prepared detailed reports of all findings for senior management
- Develop & Maintain standards and compliance documents for operating systems
- Provide Security Configuration Standards for Database Security Compliance, Oracle and Sybase.
- Proficiently conducted comprehensive multi-flavor UNIX security configuration audit encompassing production, test, and development environments.
- Identify and select infrastructure components and resources to ensure effective implementation of information system security controls.
- Provide progress reports on the implementation of information security controls to inform business owners and to ensure identified gaps are properly addressed.
- Test, Analyze, Provide Documentation and Certify to Deploy Intel and Unix Platform based Auditing, Security Monitoring and Reporting software Internet Security Systems, LT Auditor, NetIQ VigilEnt Security Manager, NetIQ Vulnerability Manager, NetIQ Security Manager, NetIQ VigilEnt Security Agents, Symantec Enterprise Security Manager/Agents for Windows NT/2000, Windows 2000 Active Directory, Novell Netware, Microsoft SQL 2000, Sun Solaris, AIX, Red Hat Linux, Oracle and Sybase.
- Administering Sun Solaris, IBM AIX, Compaq Tru64 UNIX, SCO UNIX, Windows NT and Windows 2000 Servers.
- Performance tuning and TCP/IP Network troubleshooting
- Administering Windows NT Primary Domain Controller, Backup Domain Controllers and Stand-alone Servers.
- Administering Windows 2000 Active Directory Domain Controllers.
- Administering Sun Solaris Sendmail Servers, Microsoft Exchange 5.5 mail servers, Windows NT IIS and FTP servers, Windows NT RAS server and Windows NT VPN server.
- Installed and Configured Sun Solaris Jumpstart server.
- Administration of Symantec AntiVirus and Trend Micro InterScan VirusWall for AntiVirus protection for Windows NT/2000 Network System.
- Daily Backup using Veritas Netbackup 8.5 for Windows server.
- Deployment of Wins, DNS, DHCP, SMS and other Windows NT services and troubleshooting.
- Administering IBM Websphere 3.5 Advanced Edition application server on Sun Solaris and IBM AIX.
- Administering Solaris UNIX and Windows NT Operating Systems. Design and Implement Computer Network System for Computer based applications for Printing and Publishing. Provide extensive support to Local area Network Services and Users using software applications for publishing. Monitoring & Performance tuning UNIX system. Security Administration of Norton Antivirus for Windows NT servers and Windows NT network system. Rolling out new software applications.
- Designed Installed and Administered Digital OpenVMS Dec Alpha Computer Network System for Computer Aided Design for Textile Printing. System Administration, Security Administration and Maintenance of Sun Solaris Unix servers.
- Designed, Installed and Maintained Electrical and Electronic Installations, Programmable Logic Controllers. Installed and maintained uninterruptible power supply systems, analyzed power utility and provided solutions for computer grade uninterrupted power, provided product training on UPS systems for sales personnel.
- Designed electrical distribution systems in buildings and industrial plants, designed electrical control systems in motor control centers; designed and installed distribution panels; estimated, fabricated, tested and commissioned electrical distribution panels; estimated for laying of cables, installed electrical systems in buildings and industrial plants; installed motors and motor control centers