- Over 7+ years of experience as a Build and Release Engineer, Devops Engineer and Linux Administration and in automating, building, releasing of code from one environment to other environment and deploying to servers.
- Very good experience to design, implementation and automation of complex cloud application.
- Experienced in Build and Deployment of Java, .NET, ASP.NET applications on to different environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production, which includes designing, development and implementation.
- Used Google Cloud Platform(GCP) services like Compute Engine, Cloud Functions, Cloud DNS, Cloud Storage and SaaS, PaaS and IaaS concepts of Cloud computing architecture and implementation using GCP.
- Established AWS direct connect between client’s data center and AWS data center location and had deployed. Developed AWS cloud formation templates and setting up Auto scaling for EC2 instances
- Set up different kinds of Build triggers including - Gated -Checking, Continous Integration. Responsible for Continous Integration(CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Automated configuration management and deployments usingAnsible playbooks and YAML. CreatedAnsible Playbooks and Puppet Manifests to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx, Apache Spark and other applications.
- Experience in development and configuration experience with software provisioning tools like Chef, Puppet, Docker and Ansible.
- Managed Docker orchestration and Docker containerization usingKubernetes.UsedKubernetesto orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Worked with optimization of server resources, Amazon Elastic Cloud instances and website security, Mule ESB (EAI)/Service Mix, Web services /REST, Amazon AWS, Chef and Puppet.
- Wrote deployment Automation scripts for multiple DOTNET and JAVA/J2EE Applications. Used Ant/Maven and make for building Java/J2EE Applications.
- Involved in Shell and Perl scripts for compilation and deployment processes and automation of builds and Power shell for Windows deployment and Administration.
- Developed and deployed web applications on AWS at the production level.
- Automated the infrastructure using Terraform and making it auditable by storing all the infrastructure changes in a version control system like GIT. Setting up elastic search clusters on Microsoft Azure using Terraform scripts primarily.
- Analyzed the ANT build projects for conversion and converting to Maven build projects. Developing pom.xml files for Maven build scripts. Implemented Maven builds to automate JAR and WAR.
- Proficient DB administration (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, MySQL, MS SQL, T-SQL, Sybase) knowledge for maintaining and performing required DB tasks.
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and Implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Expertise in troubleshooting the problems generated while building, deploying and in Production support.
- Extensive experience with software build tools like Apache Maven, Apache Ant.
Operating Systems: Unix, Windows, Linux
Configuration management tools: Puppet,Chef,Ansible
Logging and monitoring tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK Stack (Elastic search, Log stash, Kibana).
Scripting: Perl, PowerShell, Shell Scripting, Python
Language: C, C++, .NET, PL/SQL, HTML, Java
Database: Oracle, MySQL
Build and CI tools: Maven,Ant, Jenkins, Cruise Control, Build forge, MS build
Web servers: Web sphere, Web logic, Tomcat
Issue tracking tools: IBM Rational Clear Quest, JIRA
Cloud platform: GCP,AWS,Azure
Confidential - Georgia,Atlanta
- Involved in migration of databases from on premise to AWS RDS, Migrated the MySQL and MsSQL database servers using Database migration service in AWS.
- Worked on google cloud platform(GCP) services like compute engine, cloud load balancing, cloud storage, cloud SQL, stack driver monitoring and cloud deployment manager and experience in GCP services such as App Engine, Compute Engine, Kubernetes Engine, VM Instance, Security scans, Firewall rules,Snapshots,Metadata, Instance Templates,Workloads, Monitoring, VPC Network, Logging.
- Design & implemented VPC service for extension of customer's on-premises datacentre with AWS Cloud using AWS VPC and VPN & Direct connect services. Configured the user's accounts for Continuous Integration - Jenkins, Nexus and Sonar.
- Experience in designing a Terraform and deploying it in cloud deployment manager to spin up resources like cloud virtual networks, Compute Engines in public and private subnets along with AutoScaler in Google Cloud Platform.
- Designed and implemented new procedures for infrastructure migration using Terraform. Automated cloud infrastructure using Terraform and making it auditable by storing all the infrastructure changes pushing into GIT repository.
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation also experienced in working with Pivotal cloud foundry maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Created Ansibleroles and playbooks to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the new infrastructure. Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Build and maintained Dockercontainer clusters managed by Kubernetes, Linux, Bash, GIT,Docker on GCP. Utilized Kubernetes and Dockerfor the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to Build, Test, Deploy.
- Orchestrated the computing, networking and storage infrastructure of Kubernetes cluster, utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build test and deploy.Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Deployed and configured Git repositories with branching, tagging, and notifications. Experienced and proficient in deploying and administering GitHub and used branching strategies for using Version Control Systems like GIT and GitHub.
- Responsible for building/deploying consistently repeatable build/deployments to company production and non-production environments using JENKINS & BUILD Pipeline like MAVEN.
- Splunk deployment, configuration and maintenance across a variety of UNIX and Windows platforms. Proven track record of quickly diagnosing problems for database, application, network and system/server issues using CA Spectrum and eHealth, Nagios, Riverbed APM and TTW, Splunk, and PRTG
- Worked on NoSQL database MongoDB to replica setup and sharding. Also experienced in managing replica set. Installed, Configured, and Managed Monitoring Tools such as Nagios for Resource/Network Monitoring.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Batch, Python, Shell script and Created scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python.
Confidential - Short Hills, New Jersey
Sr. Devops/Cloud Engineer
- Hands on experience in Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations, patterns, and practices in Windows Azure and SQL Azure and in Azure web and database deployments. Worked as an administrator on Microsoft Azure and part of Devops Team for internal projects automation and build configuration management.
- Extensive experience in Windows AZURE (IaaS) migrating like creating AZURE VMs, storage accounts, VHDs, storage pools, migrating on premise servers to AZURE and creating availability sets in AZURE. Build and Installed servers through Azure Resource Manager Templates (ARM).
- Defined several Terraform modules such as compute, Network, Operations, Users to reuse in different environments. Involved in using Terraform and Ansible, migrate legacy and monolithic systems to Amazon Web Services.
- Worked on Terraform for automating VPCs, ELBs, security groups, SQS queues, S3 buckets, and continuing to replace the rest of our infrastructure. Using Terraform as a tool, Managed different infrastructure resources Cloud, VMware and Docker containers.
- Maintained high availability clusters and standalone server environments and refined automation components with scripting and configuration management (Ansible) and written the Ansible YAML scripts to configure the remote servers.
- Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system. Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages. Used Ansible to configure Tomcat servers and maintenance.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured KubernetesInvolved in creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Used Docker in Environment variables, Configuration files, Option types and Strings & integers and experienced in creating Docker images for applications and setting up Networking around containers.
- Performing updates and upgrades on the systems currently on the network for performance and auditing purposes.
- Extensively worked with Scheduling, deploying, managing container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes and experienced in creating Kubernetes clusters work with frameworks running on the same cluster resources.
- Driving efforts to containerize our various micro-services via Docker and Jenkins, builds automatically trigger based on code submissions to our internal GitHub repo's. Built out a Jenkins stack with numerous slaves to support a large number of CI/CD pipelines for our micro service builds & automation.
- Responsible for creating and managing projects in Jenkins for various environments like development, QA, UAT and production and continuous integration with SONAR.
- Involved in Installing and configuring GIT distributed version control tool and written pre-commit, post-commit, post-receive hooks in GIT.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Worked with New Relic for application log monitoring, deployed New relic with automated cloud formation templates.
- Worked on creating the Python scripts for the GIT Pre-push and SVN Commit hooks.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
Environment: Azure,Openstack,Terraform,Chef,Ansible,Docker,Kubernetes,Jenkins,GIT,Maven,NewRelicPython, Java,Linux,Sonarqube,shell,cloud formation,GITHUB.
Sr .Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Managed On-site OS, Applications, Services, Packages using Ansible as well asAWSfor EC2, S3, ELB with Ansible Playbooks. Installed, deployed, and overhauledAWSCloud-based servers and administrations as per Federal benchmarks and task rules.
- CreatedAWSS3 buckets, performed folder management in each bucket, Managed cloud trail logs and objects within each bucket.Server migration using cloud services likeAWSfrom physical to cloud environment. Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems onAWS.
- Actively participated in the automation effort. Wrote security & web architecture provisioning scripts for Ops code Chef, in Ruby.
- Deploying and managing many servers utilizing both traditional and cloud oriented providers (for example, Amazon EC2) with the Chef Platform configuration system from first light, through initial technology development, and into production and maintenance.
- Automating The Build process using Subversion (SVN), and Maven.
- Using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Windows servers and uses theNagiosfor the Windows performance monitoring.
- ImplementedDevOpsbest tools and practices such as centralized logging (ELK) server monitoringNagiosand Automation Ansible.
- Performed DevOps for Linux, Mac and Windows platforms
- Involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon AWS using EC2, S3, and EBS. Evaluate Chef Framework and tools to automate the cloud deployment and operations
- Design, develop and implement an automated Linux (Centos, Amazon) infrastructure using Collective and AWS and move existing applications off windows seamlessly to it while aggressively growing.
- Integrated Build dependencies and dependency blocking strategy in Bamboo.
Environment: SVN, GIT, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA, Python, JAVA/J2EE, Web Logic, Chef, Unix/Linux, TFS, Windows, Perl,Shell, Jira, Apache Tomcat, XML, Java/J2EE.
Cloud/Build and Release engineer
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool withANTand Maven to schedule the builds.
- UsedPuppetto manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points and Packages.
- Gathering Information from the Clients and providing consultation by performing POC and setup the Build/Deployment and Release Management
- Created custom developer tools and workflows for testing and releasingPuppetcode.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Java base project by using Jenkins and Ant
- Automated the Build Process using Jenkins and handled complete Build and Release process including code, documentation and supporting testing team along with the server Administration.
- Installed and administered Atlassian tool set includingJIRA, Confluence, Fisheye, Crucible, and Bamboo.
- Build automation to use with the continuous integration scenario for triggering coordination with TFS Release Management
- Created GIT repositories and specified branching strategies that best fitted the needs for the client.
- Worked in Perl and Java, primarily on Solaris, using Sybase, SVN, JBoss, Cruise Control, Apache, mod Perl.
- Wrote Shell scripts to automate SVN branching, merging, tagging and various other version control tasks
- Created Perl Scripts for complex Data parsing, Analysis and Report generation and created Shell scripts for generation of Disk Space, Archive, system monitoring for staging environment.
- Developed and maintained build script using Apache ANT for J2EE, NANT and MS Build for .NET to perform builds efficiently.
- UsedAnt,NAnt,MSBuildandto perform Software Builds.
- Developed custom functionality such as document uploads and document move with the SharePoint API using ASP.Net and C#
- Wrote Shell scripts to automate SVN branching, merging, tagging and various other version control tasks
- Worked as an SCM in automating the build and deploy process through AnthillPro and Build forge on deploying applications in WebLogic.
Environment: MSBuild, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Puppet, Remedy,TeamCity, Jira, TFS, Perl &Shell scripts, SVN, Clear Case, Unix,CVS, Solaris, Apache, IIS, Tomcat 5,WebLogic
- Responsible for System Administration, System Builds, Server builds, Installs, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and Fine-tuning on UNIX Red Hat linux systems.
- NIC bonding/NIC Teaming configuration in Linux/UNIX/Windows/VMware systems to increase the bandwidth or redundancy based on requirement by the application
- Used MAVEN and ANT as build tools for building deployable artifacts through Jenkins (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Performance Tuning and Management for linux server and working with the application/database team to resolve issues.
- Creating the file systems using Red Hat volume manager and performing the health check on regular basis for all linux servers.
- Planned and performed the upgrades on linux operating systems and hardware maintenance on HP and POWER servers like increasing memory, disk, replacing failed hardware.
- Configuration and administration of LDAP, NFS, FTP, SAMBA and POSTFIX Servers in Red Hat Enterprise linux.
- Assembled Puppet Master, Agent, and Database servers on multiple Red Hat Enterprise
Environment: ANT,Maven,Perl,MSBuild,linux,Unix,ShellScript,perlscripts,splunk,Nagios,AWS,pyhton,RedHat,NFS,FTP,Apache Tomcat.