- Technology professional with 7+ years of experience in the IT industry as a Devops Engineer, L1, L2 Application Support Analyst with extensive work experience and good in - depth knowledge in Retail and Banking Industry.
- Extensive skills in Maintenance, Enhancement and Production/Application Support for Java applications using Devops tools, Senior System Support.
- Experience in dealing the servers using the Ansible and Python for the Configuration management purpose.
- Experience working with and supporting CA Technologies Workload Automation AE in UNIX environments.
- Extensive knowledge of Job Information Language (JIL) and capabilities to recommend suggestions that will comply with internal standards and CA best practices.
- Extensive skills in writing the python scripts for automating the routine tasks and also related to Ansible modules.
- Proficient in AWS cloud architecture design & development using various components services likeEC2, Auto scaling, ECS, S3, RDS, VPC, Cloud Front, Route53, Cloud Watch, lambdaetc.
- Proficient in automating various Devops infrastructure activities inCI/CD pipeline, Application Server setup, Stack monitoringusingAnsible playbooksand on Integrating Ansible withRun deck and Jenkins.
- Experienced inCloud automationusingAWS Cloud Formation, terraform templates, Amazon Cloud (EC2) Hostingand AWS Administration including S3 andIAM Services.
- Vigorously worked onAnsible playbooks, inventories, created custom playbooks written inYAML language, encrypted the data usingAnsible Vaultand maintained role-based access control by usingAnsible Tower.
- DevelopedCI/CD systemwith Jenkins onKubernetescontainer environment and utilizingKubernetes and Dockerfor the runtime environment for theCI/CD systemto build, test and deploy. Experienced working onDocker hub, creating Docker imagesand handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Worked on LDAP servers for provisioning the access to the users and many operations like CRUD operations on the server using the LDAP Commands
- Expertise on Alerts set-up tools like Geneos and Netcool Alerts
- Good Hands-on experience in AppDynamics
- Successfully implemented 24 * 7 models to support application for various geographies.
- Analyzing broken job Flows and fixing it.
- Proficient in production support roles which includes the Problem/Incident Management, Release/Deployment, Application Monitoring,Service RequestsandReporting, Change/Configuration Management.
- Ability to independently handle L2 issues as an Application Support Analyst.
- Proficient in implementing of ITIL process models
- Responsible for tracking of trouble tickets and resolution of escalated incidents.
- Strong expertise in SQL and writing the complex queries for reporting data to the systems.
- Extensively working on different test regions from Unit testing to User acceptance testing and production deployment of the applications.
- Competent in conversing with the Business Users, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) Developers and the QA Team.
- Implemented SQL scripts, stored procedures, triggers and indexes for various database operations.
Job Scheduling tools: Autosys R11, CA Technologies Workload Automation AE;
Operating System: Linux, Unix, Windows 2010(NT, XP); Languages Java 5&6, HTML;
Databases: Oracle 10g, 11g; Scripting Python, Shell Scripting;
Application Server: Web logic 9.2 & 10.3, JBoss, Web sphere;
Configuration Management tools: Ansible;
Cloud environment: AWS services.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Sr. Application Support / Devops Engineer
- Used Nagios and Splunk for Continuous Monitoring.
- Implemented intuitive dashboards with a variety of graphical visualizations, efficient and reusableSplunksearches, custom platform related features and system integrations and apps.
- Used Ansibleto manageWeb Applications, Config Files, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packagesto assist in building automation policies
- Implemented Devops Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI & CD) Process stack using GITHUB/ GIT, Jenkins.
- Developed python scripts for the ansible modules.
- Hands on Devops experience in Writing Python modules for Ansible customizations and creating inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using Ansible Tower
- Written scripts in Python to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation-using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Configured and maintained the ansible playbooks, roles for the configuration purpose and also doing the multi-server deployment in to the production environment.
- Provided on-call support whenever and also prioritization of incidents based on the impact to the business.
- Resolving the user-issues and also taking care of immediate attention of user-issues whenever required.
- Responsible for the FTP account creations and also taking care of issues related to the FTP environment.
Confidential, Overland Park, KS
AWS Engineer, RMS
- Assisted in the release of project-related materials for internal and external stakeholders by creating reasonable plans
- Manages tickets and move cases into a higher level of solution agreement
- Performed application server builds inEC2 environmentand monitoring them using cloud watch And Creating Private networks and subnetworks and bringing instances under them based on the requirement inAWS.
- Worked on core AWS services such as Setting up new server (EC2) instances/services in AWS, configuring security groups, and setting upElastic IP's, Auto Scaling and Cloud Formation
- Created functions and assigned roles in AWS Lambda to run python scripts.
- Performed testing modules and integration Open Source tools and infrastructure on Linux, Python, deployment management systems on AWS CI/CD and monitoring tools code reviews and audit and analyze.
- Setting up scalability for application servers using command line interface for Setting up and administering DNS system in AWS usingRoute53Managing users and groups using the amazon identity and access management (IAM).
- Creating snapshots andamazon machine images(AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Used EC2 as virtual servers to host Git, Jenkins and configuration management tool likeAnsible. Converted slow and manual procedures to dynamic API generated procedures.
- UsingJenkins AWS CodeDeploy plugin to deploy to AWS. Automated deployment of builds to different environments usingJenkins.
- WroteAnsiblePlaybooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. RunAnsible Scripts to Provide Dev Servers.
- Built servers using AWS, importingvolumes, launchingEC2, RDS,creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection
- Created backup of Amazon machine Images (AMIs) of EC2 instances using Packer, and critical business data forDisaster Recovery(DR) and upgrading to new instance types for better performance.
- Tracked and maintained user requested enhancements and changes.
- Participated in calls with business users, developers and weekly status meetings.
- Involved in setting the jobs and system to process the data from different stream to specific using the CA AWA
- Involved in the architecture of the system for scheduling the jobs to run smoothly and effectively using the CA AWA.
- Worked on Incident detection, prevention and resolution as needed to help ensure the availability of the CA AWA UC4 system and scheduled batch jobs
- Created AppDynamics dashboards to monitor the CPU performance and memory leakages.
- Involved in analyzing the issues, reporting to the DEV Team for the fixes
- Automated event run process for Daily, weekly, monthly jobs to run by various calendars for the applications of different product classes using the CA Automic workload Automation tool.
Senior Application Support Analyst
- Effective communication, escalation and engagement with users, application owners and senior stake holders across all areas.
- Good Understanding on the application flow and the systems involved for handling the day to day Business.
- Provide L2 Support to any user issues that may arise during Business hours.
- Batch monitoring and handling the batch jobs actively on timely basis during the overnight batch.
- Worked on Shell scripts to automate any manual tasks.
- Responsible to send out application status reports and user reports within defined SLA.
- Interacts with user and provide solutions before any business impact.
- Responsible to handle application that sends out daily Statements, margin and activity files to business user.
- Takes ownership ofescalationsand perform trouble shooting, analysis, research and resolution using advanced query and programming skills. Resolves complex issue.
Application Support Analyst
- Worked on FIX protocol and has good knowledge on the protocol.
- Build & deployment, configuration of the application on to Integration, UAT & Production infrastructure in both UNIX and Windows
- Identifying defects/discrepancies to identify the root cause by debug or analyzing logs.
- Wrote and maintain scripts to monitor system functionality and performance.
- Monitoring Autosys Batch Jobs and analyze the log if job fail and enhanced the Shell script to make the job successful
- Worked on ticketing application to manage tickets and maintain SLA and OLA
- Improvised run books for the team to minimize operational errors
- Supported multiple regions overnight batch and the intraday batch jobs to make sure it goes smooth without any issues to the data in the production.
- Involved in the change and release management activities during the week-end as per the change and release process.
- Worked on Priority user tickets which require immediate attention and resolution of the issues.
- Supported for the Dev, UAT, QA and Production environments.
- Participated in adding the disks to the production environment by working with the required team with a change ticket during the off hours of the business.