- Aspiring individual with an overall 8+ years of experience in IT industry comprising of delivery management, design, development, release & deployment, and cloud implementation.
- Good experience on DevOps tools such as Chef, Vagrant, Virtual Box, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, SVN, GIT, and Docker.
- Worked on Apache writing python application to convert txt, xls files and parse.
- Write data in JSON format and worked closely with SME to prepare a tool using Map reduce tp maintain versioning of records and involved in setting up standards for SCD2 Mapper.
- Experience working on SOLR to develop search engine.
- Well versed with creation of puppet profiles and role modules.
- Leveraged Hiera to create various re - usable puppet modules.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end-product configuration
- Development and version control of Chef Cookbooks, testing of Cookbooks using Food critic and Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on premise Chef Server.
- Well versed with Ansible Playbooks, modules and roles.
- Experience in Infrastructure Development and Operations involving AWS Cloud platforms, EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, Auto scaling, CloudFront, Cloud Formation, ElacticCache, CloudWatch, SNS.
- Strong Experience on AWS platform and its dimensions of scalability including VPC, EC2, ELB, S3, and EBS, ROUTE 53.
- Ensure data integrity and data security on AWS technology by implementing AWS best practices.
- Integrating AWS infrastructure with Cloud Computing Product - CloudHealth.
- Used cloud based HSM modules for hardware security
- Experienced in cloud automation using AWS cloud Formation Templates, Chef, Puppet.
- Well versed with Open stack based cloud infrastructure.
- Set up Continuous Integration for major releases in Jenkins.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experienced with build automation tools like Ant and Maven.
- Experienced with Docker container service.
- Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Dockerfile.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms.
- Integration, deployment and automation of application servers Tomcat, Web Logic across Linux platforms.
- Experience in implementing and administering monitoring tools Splunk and Nagios.
- Experience in using Bug Tracking tools like JIRA and HP Quality center.
- Extensively experienced in Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby scripting on Linux.
- Automated the process of launching and stopping/terminating EC2 instances on Amazon AWS with BOTO.
- Used Python fabric for AWS instance provisioning.
- Experience in administrating, deploying and managing UBUNTU and CENTOS servers.
- Expertise in Agile Testing Methodologies &Software Test Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experience of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Methodologies & Validations to ensure the Quality Assurance Control.
- Experience extending AD into VPC.
- Experience in deploying system stacks for different environments like Dev, UAT, Prod in both on premise and cloud infrastructure.
- Strong experience in working in Linux and Windows environments.
- Good analytical, problem solving, communication skills and ability to work either independently with little or no supervision or as a member of a team.
Operating Systems: Windows, Ubuntu, REDHAT, Linux, Unix, CentOS, Solaris
Build Tool: Ant, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, MS Build
Version Control Tools: CVS, GIT, Tortoise SVN, Perforce and Clear case.
Devops Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Cruise control Anthill pro, Bamboo, Ansible, RunDeck, Terraform, Chef and Puppet.
Cloud: AWS, AWS-CLI and Microsoft Azure
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, Mongo DB, MS Access, PostgreSQL, RDBMS
Virtualization / Containers: Amazon AWS, Oracle Virtual Box, Docker, OpenStack, VMware.
Web/AppServers: Apache Tomcat, Oracle web logic, IBM web sphere and Demandware
Monitoring & Logging Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Loggly, Zabbix
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, XSD, XSL, XPATH
Bug Tracker & Testing: JIRA, Remedy, Junit, Test Rail, Bugzilla, HP Quality Center
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
Confidential, WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA
Sr. DevOps /AWS Engineer
- Migrating and maintaining build and test environments into the Cloud Infrastructure.
- Created Server instances on AWS. Tomcat, Swagger and hawtio are installed and used for deploying Micro-services.
- Used Cloud watch logs to move application logs to S3 and create alarms based on a few exceptions raised by applications.
- Used Cloud Front to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers.
- Used BOTO and Fabric for launching and deploying instances in AWS.
- Experience in extending Active Directory Domain Services (AD) into Cloud
- Develop Cloud Formation scripts to automate EC2 instances.
- Implement and maintain the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using Cloud Watch.
- Used cloud based HSM hardware security module that enables you to easily generate and use your own encryption keys on AWS cloud flexibility and enables to scale you by adding and removing HSM on demand.
- Built Cloud infrastructure for Multi-Tier Applications with Failover and High Availability Mode.
- Support current migration of Data Center to Amazon Cloud.
- Utilize AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Responsible for maintaining 4-5 Different Testing/QA Environments and erection of the PROD Environment in AWS.
- Utilize Puppet for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS.Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC). Utilize S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Hands on in integrating AWS infrastructure with Cloud Computing Product known as CloudHealth.
- Cost Optimization, Assets management & Monitoring the infrastructure using the Cloud computing product(CloudHealth).
- Responsible for Tagging all the AWS Resources across the board.
- Architecture of a SaaS solution for a product with Amazon EC2 Cloud. (AWS).
- Delivered architecture designs and solutions for public, private and hybrid clouds covering the cloud architecture tiers and portfolios of cloud services IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
- Hands on experience with Chef and OpsWorks in AWS cloud environment and implemented Chef-Kitchen on AWS and Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
- Ensured, successful architecture and deployment of enterprise grade PaaS solutions using Pivotal Cloud Foundry(PCF) as well as proper operation during initial Application migration and net new development.
- Use puppet and Chef Automation tools for configuration management in different systems.
- Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl & Python), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Focus on continuous integration and deployment, promoting Enterprise Solutions to target environments.
- Work with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Provide oversight and guidance for the architecture, development best practices for application hosting, and infrastructure deployment for each application.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion (SVN) and Git source control.
- Expertise in Sharing distributed Cassandra and Mongo dB system
- Managed Git repository, code merging, and production deployments.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for SVN and Git.
- Implement, maintain and support reliable, timely and reproducible builds for project teams.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Involved in all phases of the Software development life cycle (SDLC) using Agile Methodology.
- Wrote Java8 utility classes to access web services from server side.
- Integrated the application with spring framework for implementing Dependency injection and provide abstraction between presentation layer and persistence layer.
- Core service uses the main database and the other Micro services use their individual databases to access and store data.
- Worked as part of Micro-services team to develop and deliver Maven projects to deploy on Tomcat.
- API contracts are documented and rendered using Swagger for QA and BA teams to view.
- Load testing SOAP interfaces using SOAP UI, Groovy Script. Used Groovy on SOAP UI to implement many load test implementations. Worked on micro services architecture implementation.
- Communicated with other departments by using Web Services with the help of SOAP, WSDL.
- Business logic has been implemented using Array list, Map and Sets of Collections API.
- Implemented Spring MVC 3.2, which includes writing Controller classes for handling requests, processing form submissions and performed validations using Commons validator.
- Used Spring Dependency Injection, spring application context features in the application.
- Created Docker images using a Dockerfile, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing docker volumes.
- Brought up infrastructure and services through Mesos and Marathon.
- Evaluated Marathon and Kubernetes for Docker container orchestration.
- Deploying local clusters as well as deployments on AWS and Azure using docker.
- Manage network security using Load balancer, Auto scaling, Security groups and NACLS.
- Experience with analysis of logs and performing root cause analysis for various issues coming up on daily basis
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic using Node.js.
- Monitoring Live Traffic, logs, Memory utilization, Disk utilization and various other factors which are important for deployment.
Environment: Java, Linux, Maven, Nexus, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Docker, Marathon, Nginix, Nagios, GIT, AWS EC-2, Route 53, S3, VPC, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, EMR, SQS, Autoscaling, ELB, Shell Scripts, Unix/ Linux environment.
Confidential, RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC
DevOps/ AWS Engineer
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) Written CloudFormation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Expertise in using tools like Chef/Puppet to treat Infrastructure as code.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment setup using Ansible Playbooks and used Ansible tower to setup a Continuous Delivery pipeline using Git, Jenkins and Sonarserver.
- Experience on Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management (CM) tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploying important applications and manage changes effectively.
- Responsible in performing static code analysis and code coverage in Jenkins using Jacoco and PMD plugins for various java project builds and sending reports, graphs and feedback to respective teams.
- Managed and configured the GitHub using Nexus tool to automate the build process and used the same to share snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Developed Python and Shell scripts for system administration and automation tasks, such as automating tasks like removing old files, taking backups of important files, file transfers among servers, etc.
- Configured SonarQube code quality tool and integrated it with Jenkins. Implemented to analyze code quality metrics, to verify the code standards.
- Experience in setting Cronjobs on Jira servers by using Jenkins.
- Profound knowledge of different development methodologies like Waterfall, Agile and Scrum.
- Strong experience utilizing Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments - checking out code from SVN/Git and use ant/maven to build war/jar artifacts.
- Used MySQL, DynamoDB and ElacticCache to perform basic database administration. Build out server automation with Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins/Maven for deployment and build management system.
- Built Continuous Integration environment Jenkins and Continuous delivery environment.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git.
- Worked on different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Rally and Remedy.
- Worked with container based application deployments using Docker, with Kubernetes and have a good knowledge on Vagrant.
- Orchestration of Docker images and Containers using Kubernetes by creating whole master and node
- Configured plugins for the integration tools to the version control tools.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
Environment: AWS, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, VDI, VPC, Route53, EBS, SQL, ELB, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, Docker, Kubernetes, Jira, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Azure, Unix/Linux, Python, Ruby, Shell scripting, Git.
Confidential, BELLEVUE, WA
DevOps/ AWS Engineer
- Planning, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and VMWare Vm's as required in the environment.
- Used security groups, network ACLs, Internet Gateways, NAT instances and Route tables to ensure a secure zone for organizations in AWS public cloud.
- On boarded and migrated test and staging use cases for applications to AWS cloud with public and private IP ranges to increase development productivity by reducing test-run times.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Implemented and maintained Chef Configuration management spanning several environments in VMware and the AWS cloud.
- Working on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer(ELB) and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Creating S3 buckets, also managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for Archival storage and backup on AWS.
- Utilize AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Worked on integrating GIT into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Anthill-Pro, Jenkins
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers. Conducting meetings with developers and managers to resolve merge issues during build and release.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Puppet Master, Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Upgradation or Migration of Puppet community and Puppet Enterprise.
- Built Continuous Integration environment (Jenkins, Nexus). And Continuous delivery environment (puppet, Yum, rsync).
- Conduct load and functional QA testing of platform/code/architectural changes, and contribute to configuration management in Saltstack and Python.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks with Python SSH as a wrapper to manage configurations of OpenStack Nodes and the test playbooks on AWS instances using Python
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python (boto and fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes, also worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Well Versed with Configuring Access for inbound and outbound traffic RDS DB services, DynamoDB tables, EBS volumes to set alarms for notifications or automated actions.
- Expert Knowledge in Bash Shell Scripting, Automation of Cronjobs.
- Implemented a GIT mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both GIT and SVN.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Configure and ensure connection to RDS database running on MySQL engines.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), GIT, VPC, Route53, EBS, SQL, ELB, Cloud watch, CloudFormation, Saltstack, Docker, Jira, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting.
Confidential, DALLAS, TX.
Build and Release Engineer
- Developed and implemented the software management for the release of web applications.
- Configured Jenkins for performing builds in all the non-production and production environments and to automate the code-checkout process.
- Experience in User management and plug-in management for Jenkins
- Configured GitHub with Jenkins and scheduled jobs using POLLSCM option.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Ant and Maven as tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Developed and maintained build and release documentation and baseline builds.
- Used Ant, Maven and Gradle as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Modified ANT Scripts to build the JAR files, class files, WAR Files and EAR Files.
- Deployed EAR and WAR files into WebLogic and Apache Servers.
- Code reviewing and merging Pull requests.
- Management of configuration files, services, packages using puppet automation tool.
- Installing and configuration of Tomcat for development and Testing Environments.
- Experience in writing Shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Experience in writing pom.xml and ant build.xml for build scripts.
- Installed and configured Nexus Repository Manager to distribute build artifacts between the teams in the organization.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
Environment: Jenkins, GitHub, Ant, Maven, Jar, WAR, EAR, Web Logic, Apache Server, Xml, Nexus.
Jr. Linux / Unix Administrator
- Responsible for Management and administration of all UNIX servers, includes Linux operating systems by applying relative patches and packages at regular maintenance periods using Red Hat Satellite server, YUM, RPM tools.
- Used to Plan and perform the upgrades to Linux (RHEL, SUSE, CENTOS) operating systems and hardware maintenance like changing memory modules, replacing disk drives.
- Handling NFS, Auto Mount, DNS, LDAP related issues.
- Performing failover and integrity test on new servers before rolling out to production.
- Deployment and Configuration of application server Tomcat deploying Java and Web Application.
- Writing Shell scripts for automation of daily tasks, documenting the changes that happen in the environment and in each server, analyzing the error logs, analyzing the User logs, analyzing the /var/log/messages.
- Monitoring CPU, memory, physical disk, Hardware and Software RAID, multipath, file systems, network using the tools NAGIOS monitoring.
- Planned, scheduled and Implemented OS patches on Linux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with the OS build failures.
- Used Chef for managing server application server such as Apache, MySQL, Tomcat.
- Installation, configuration, and customization of services Sendmail, Apache, FTP servers to meet the needs and requirements of the user.
- Performing kernel and database configuration optimization such that it limits I/O resource utilization on disks.
Environment: Red Hat Linux, Autosys, CentOS, VMware vSphere, VMware ESX, GIT, Shell Scripting, MySQL, Tomcat, Nagios.