- 8+ years of experience in IT industry comprising of Development, Systems Administration and Software Configuration Management (SCM) Extensive experience includes SCM, Build/Release Management and Change/Incident Management performing duties such as monitoring, automation, deployment, documenting, and support and troubleshooting.
- Experienced in Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) and Agile Programming Methodologies.
- Extensive Experience with Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins, Hudson, BuildForge, Urbancode, Bamboo, Teamcity) for Deployment purpose.
- Expertise in implementing the Configuration Management Tools like Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Experience in administering WebLogic Solaris & Linux. Experience in Installation, Configuration,debugging (visual studio, Wireshark) Backup, Recovery, Maintenance, and Support of Solaris & Linux servers.
- Experience in GIT, TFS and Rational Clear Case, Rational Team Concert, Rational Quality manager on UNIX and Windows environment.
- Excellent working knowledge with designing installing and implementing VMware ESX.
- Server, VMware Virtual Center, VMware vSphere, VMware Infrastructural Products for Virtualization
- Extensive Support to the Technical team (on - shore/off-Shore) for Deployment, Build, Configuration and Release Managements.
- Good Experience in implementing Puppet, Chef, Splunk, Jenkins, Vagrant,Dockerand DevOps, open stack.
- Extensive knowledge with the big data concepts and Hadoop software.
- Extensive knowledge with Cassandra database.
- In-depth knowledge about the various Wi-FI standards and their functioning.
- In-depth knowledge about the various network protocols and their interlinking.
- Extensive experience with Git in a team environment on UNIX/Linux
- Expertise in writing complex cookbooks, recipes and configure them by applying node convergence on various production nodes.
- Contributed to a method withHashicorpPacker to test new AWS AMIs before promoting it into production.
- Strong experience with modern logging, reporting, and analytics tools
- Expertise in Agile tools like Atlassian Jira, Scrum and Continuous delivery tools like Nexus, NexusPro, Rundeck, Mesosphere, Marathon
- Good Knowledge in bash (shell)/Perl and exposure to Python and Ruby scripting.
- Expertise in using Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven builds.
- Experience with Udeploy, Application Deployment Automation Tools
- Extensive experience working with PAAS, IAAS & SAAS platforms.
- Experience as a Cloud DevOps Engineer.
- Experience with Open Stack and Salt Stack.
- Good Command in Basic Linux, Solaris, and Mac OS and UNIX administration.
Languages: C, C++, JAVA, XML, SHELL, PERL, Python, Ruby.
Application/WebServer: Oracle Web logic server11g/10g /9, Apache, Node JS, Tomcat, NGINX WebLogic 8.1/9.2, WebSphere, JBoss, Oracle ATG web commerce, IIS
Web Services/Technologies: HTML, XML, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, XSD,, XPATH
Databases: MySQL, Oracle 9i/10g, SQL Server, PostGress SQL Mongo DB, Cassandra,DB2
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux - Redhat/Centos/ Ubuntu,Gentoo, Windows NT, MAC OS.
Version Control Tools: Git, CVS, SVN, Harvest, RTC, Perforce, TFS, Clearcase
Scripting Languages: UNIX Shell scripting, Perl scripting, powershell, Ruby scripts, python scripting.
Build &Release Engineering /DevOps: Jenkins, Docker, Udeploy AWS, Azure, Chef, puppet, Vagrant, Atlassian-Jira,Github,Svn,Teamcity, Ansible, Open Stack and Salt Stack, Splunk, Zabbix, Nexus
Confidential, Campbell, CA
SITE REALIBILITY ENGINEER (SRE)/Cloud Engineer
- As a SRE was able to manage 4 Product teams in maintaining and building infrastructure and uptime metrics
- Extensive experience working with PAAS, IAAS & SAAS platforms
- Responsible for day to day build & deployments in pre-production and production environments.
- Handling day-to-day support calls, providing L1 to L3 support responsibility to the customer
- Define and drive changes to the product with the engineering team, giving feedback from customers and field implications upgrading Cassandra version from 2.0.9 to 2.1.8 for 56 nodes in three DC
- Built a new Cassandra DC with vnodes
- Integrated Cassandra backup with DATOS.IO for three DC with total 20 TB
- Upgraded Kafka from 0.8.1 to 1.0 without any downtime for 3 node cluster
- Upgraded Elastic search version to 6.x and built and added more nodes into cluster
- Built new Jenkins server(1.9v) with dockers and custom api
- Worked on mysql backup and restoring and creating new slaves
- Worked on Docker containers deployment using Docker images and Docker swarm to maintain and use from hub.
- Dockerized Jenkins with Master and Slave architecture inOpenShiftplatform(V 3.5) and automated the build jobs.
- Developed Docker images to support Development and Testing Teams and their pipelines and distributed images like Jenkins, Selenium, and Elasticsearch, Kibana and Logstash (ELK).
- Provisioned local Docker registry to save all the images and invoke the images through Jenkins jobs, which is a Docker compose.yaml file, helps spin up containers on a local VM for all the integration
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus and UDeploy to orchestrate changes across servers and components.
- Managed Docker orchestration and Docker containerization usingKubernetes
- DevOps Practice for Micro Services usingKubernetesas Orchestrator.
- Managed GitHub as a Source code management tool and Git as a versioning tool for the projects to create daily backups and checkpoint files.
- Worked integrating Nagios(Nagios Core 3.3.1,4.x) for all teams with different OS to slack, PD,email
- Integrated Postmortems with PD
- Setup Prometheus for all nodes to check stats and mysql
- Managed and built VMware ESXI servers (5.1.0, 6.5)
- Worked on building KVM servers and migrating guest from esxi into KVM
- Worked on Automation backup and recovery processing
- Utilize the full Systems Administrations team to ensure the operabilityand highly availability of over 600 servers spread across three domains which consists of trusted/non-trusted environments, Group Policy management, DNS, DHCP, VmWare, On and Off-Premises
- Implemented squid proxy,HA,ngnix
- Installed, Configured and Managed Monitoring Tools such as Sense, Nagios, Cloudwatch for Resource Monitoring
- Worked on different version of puppet (2.7.26, 3.4.2, 4.10.12)
- Built a deployment of open-sourcePuppet4.x with PuppetDB, Hiera, etc. Wrote roles, profiles and component
- Rewrote manyPuppetmodules to modern code-quality standards.
- Built a load-balanced, version-controlled, Hiera/r10k-enabledPuppetenvironment.
- Integrated CloudWatch with PD and slack alerts for all aws accounts
- Worked on creating Bastion for aws accounts
- Migrated download servers to aws and distributed images via CloudFront
- Wrote and deployed numerous CloudFormation templates
- Deployed mirror cluster for kafka in aws with 3 node cluster
- Extensive experience with designs consuming cloud services/technologies, specifically on AWS (CloudFormation,EC2, EBS,ELB/ALB,LAMDA, ECS,CLOUDFRONT,CLOUDTRIAL, RDS,ROUTE53,SNS,SQS,AUTOSCALING, KMS, IAM, STS, CloudWatch, S3, VPC, VPN,security groups)
- Secured Data is stored in MySQL. Vault (byHashiCorp) secures, stores and tightly controls access tokens and passwords used by the overall platform, started in the AWS cloud and currently integrates with several services like: AWS AIM, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon SNS, Amazon RDS.
- Integrated vpn tunnels for aws accounts
- Created aws accounts from scratch vpn/vpc/sg/ and subnets with public/private in different AZ
- Migrated/built new DC ‘s
- Upgraded OS for team from ubuntu12.04 to 16.x from all nodes without downtime
- Worked on installation and configuration of Red Hat Linux OS, CentOS, Ubuntu,Gentoo
- Worked on integrating LFS plugins for all ditservers
- Integrated NMS for network bandwidth of vpn metrics for DC’S
- Reviewed and modified access control lists (ACLs) on network switching and routing equipment as needed to maintain security standards.
- Good understanding ofnetwork skills and security principles protocols, routing, switching, filtering, firewall rules, TCP/IP, SSH
- Experienced with web security, SSL, TLS or HTTPS
- Worked on setting LDAP/AD
- Worked and wrote troubleshooting/Runbooks guides and design work flow in wiki for on call people
- Created Dashboard metrics with dashing.io to create a wallboard widgets for uptime metrics
- Used Device42 for uploading certs keys and inventory of all barracuda appliances
- Worked On call for whole product operation
Confidential, SanRamon, CA
Cloud Devops Engineer
- Worked as a Devops for a team that involves three different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Secured multiple business benefits, cost savings and performance improvements via management of Devops projects
- Automated repetitive tasks within the technical infrastructure to streamline and improve overall quality through the high availability of resources - resulting in a 36% reduction in support times
- Deployed java applications to application servers in agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Supported 2000+ AWS Cloud instance's and used AWS command line Interface to manage and configure various AWS products
- Developed strategy to migrate Dev/Test/Production from an enterprise VMware infrastructure to the IaaS Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud environment
- Worked with Amazon IAM console to create custom users and groups
- Migration of ec2 instances from one region to another Configuration of site- to- site vpn and open vpn using Linux ec2 instance.
- Setting up of Site to Site Vpn between different regions on Aws.
- Monitor all Aws instance through Nagios
- Created and updated Bash scripts and modules, files, and packages.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Design of Cloudarchitectures for customers looking to migrate or develop new PaaS, IaaS, or hybrid solutions utilizing Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Created chef cookbooks to automate system operations. Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Implemented CI and CD for database using Jenkins and UDeploy.
- Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker hub.
- Managed Docker orchestration using Docker Swarm.
- Designed and Developed Bamboo Build deployments on Docker containers.
- Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker hub.
- Configured the Chef-Repo, Setup multiple Chef Work stations
- Managed the configurations of servers using Chef and configured Jenkins builds for continuous integration and delivery.
- Utilized Chef, Puppet and Opswork as configuration management tools to deploy consistent infrastructure across multiple environments.
- Followed agile principles and used JIRA for maintenance and Bug development tasks.
- Involved in design and deployment of multitude of Cloud services on AWS stack such as EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM, while focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS CloudFormation.
- Leveraged AWS Cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Used Elastic Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed in Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker.
- Created Docker file for each micro service's and also changed some of the tomcat configuration file which are required to deploy Java based application to the Docker container.
- Worked on Jenkins, Bamboo for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Performed all Linux operating system, disk management and patch management configurations, on Linux instances in AWS
- Installed, Configured and Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios, Cloudwatch for Resource Monitoring.
Environment: Git, Github Jenkins, Chef, Docker, Nagios, Jira, AWS, Confluence, Flowdock, Jabber, Cassendra, Haproxy, ANT, Shell Scripts, IAM, CFT, Cloud foundry, AWS.
Confidential, Lexington, KY
AWS/Linux /DevOps Engineer
- Linux System & Middleware Administrator responsible for the day to day administration and administration of RHEL 5, 6/ CentOS which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting server issues.
- Defined and Implemented CM and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedures.
- Experienced in the Design/Architecture of AWS and hybrid cloud solutions.
- Demonstrated competency with the following AWS services: EC2, EBS, S3, RDS, VPC, Route53, ELB, IAM, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation and Ability to make recommendations on how new AWS offerings fit in the company architecture.
- Expertise interraformfor multi cloud deployment using single configuration
- For Implement automation and provisioning frameworks using Ansible/SaltStack.
- Configuration Management and source code repository management using tools like TFS, GIT, Perforce, Subversion (SVN), RTC, agile tools like JIRA, scrum and CI tools like Teamcity, Bamboo, Jenkins. n infrastructure withDockercontainerization
- Experience in creating AWS AMI, have usedHashicorpPacker to create and manage the AMI's.
- Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use ofDocker.
- Enforces the overall Configuration Management Plan as it relates to CM tool use including the necessary procedures, policies and processes for establishing and maintaining integrity in software baselines.
- Attend ongoing client meetings to introduce and answerAzurePAAS and IAAS questions as they arise, covering important application migration considerations and options.
- Hands-on development experience and a strong passion for the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL & PHP) development stack.
- Designed and implement tools and interfaces to support investigation of logged data
- Designed and implement a central dashboard with mechanism for collecting alerts.
- Maintain a high level of personal productivity and quality and help others within the team organization and company to make improvements.
- Worked in development, testing and production environment using SQL, PL/SQL procedure, python, Ruby, PowerShell and shell scripts and managed hosting the servers like Tomcat, apache and NGINX
- For automated and consistent Deployment purpose we use JIRA, Mesosphere, Marathon, UDeploy and Nexus to Deploy and rollbacks of applications.
- Worked closely with Project Managers to understand a code/configuration release scope and how to confirm a release was successful.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services. Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2; auto-scaling; and VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts, and are able to quickly evolve during development iterations
- Build, manage, and continuously improved the build infrastructure for global software development
- Hands on experience in creating and customizing Splunk applications, searches and dashboards.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, Continuous Delivery is being enabled through Deployment into several environments of Test, QA, Stress and Production using Nexus and Jenkins.
- Work closely with the Networks and Security Team in opening firewalls and DNS requests required for the infrastructure and applying the SSL and F5 for secure application delivery.
- Meeting the release milestones, attending weekly release meetings.
- Participating in design, code, and test inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues/defects; participate in other meetings.
- Documented and edited the deployment procedures, customer facing and resolution issues on WIKI for our feature references.
- Worked in 24/7 Production Support on a bi-weekly basis.
Environment: Red hat Linux 5/ 6/7Solaris 9 &10, VMWare, AWS, Open stackDell DRAC, WebLogic Server 10.3,11g/12c, Oracle 10g/11g, JBoss AS 7.1, Tomcat 6.0,7.0, Apache 2.2. GIT, PostgreSQL, Zabbix,Redis, Riak, Vagrant, Dockers, WebSphere 6.1/7/8.5.
Confidential, Mahwah, NJ
DevOps/Build and Release Engineer
- Coordinating Release effort amongst various teams (Development, QA, performance Testing and Production) in geographically separated environment.
- Worked on Build and deploy software artifacts and code across multiple engineering environments and the production environment.
- Knowledge on Deploying Couchbase, Tomcat and Elasticsearch clusters usingDocker
- Generated and maintained the Project SCM plan. Created hooks and managed permissions on the branches for GIT.
- Developing analytical methods, real-time data analysis and statistical methods with Python, for data analysis, processing and integration for standardized and non-standardized reports.
- Deploy Apache/Tomcat applications usingAnsible
- Monitoring the logs and security UsingAnsible
- Manage release management and deployment, building SharePoint Farm inAzure, non HA- Farm for development, QA, and UAT environment
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment usingAnsible
- Manage backups and restore for the newly createdAzurebased SharePoint environment.
- Configured Source Code Management tools with Bamboo and executed triggers in SVN.
- Provided on-going support and administration for SVN, ClearCase, ClearQuest and ANT build automation.
- Involved in the migration of code from SVN to GIT.
- Worked closely with developers to define and configure application servers, virtual hosts, web applications, web resources, back-end resources as well as deployment of EJBs across multiple instances of WebSphere.
- Created GIT repositories and specified branching strategies that best fitted the needs for the client.
- Configured local Maven repositories and multi-component ANT projects with Nexus repositories and scheduled projects in Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Experience working on Cucumber as part of the Behavior Driven Development adopted by the company.
- Written Selenium scripts and used them for unit testing and integration testing.
- Integrated SVN into Hudson / Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Worked on bothAzurePaaS and IaaS based SharePoint environment
- Conducted performance testing of Apache and Tomcat management services.
- Architected and implemented automated cloud infrastructure using Chef
- Create, maintain and customize complex JIRA project configurations including workflows, custom fields, permissions and notifications.
- Expertise building and monitoring software projects continuously with a CI tool, Bamboo, Hudson, Cruise Control, Build Forge, Visual Build Professional.
- Automated legacy infrastructure in the interim while working through.
- Architected and implemented automated cloud infrastructure using Chef.
- Reduced the time to on-board new developers by writing a Sinatra app to automate all common new-developer tasks like setting up their desktops, virtual machines, GIT accounts, and development environment.
- Built deployment pipelines using Jenkins as a frontend for continuous deployment to local staging and test environments and to production environments on demand, using a combination of Ruby, Ansible, AWS tools, and shell scripting.
- Written automation scripts for Ansible and in house custom AWS framework.
- Created a best practices Build environment using Jenkins, Packer, immutable instances, and AWS.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Maven, Tomcat, JBoss, SVN, Ansible, Selenium, Bamboo, ANT, Maven, Cucumber, Shell, bash, UNIX, GIT, AWS, Chef.,, TFSSAST/DAS TKIC, KAPE, SP
Linux/Build and Release System Engineer
- Responsible for integrating development teams by managing builds, documenting the development efforts and working with Production support team in releasing the builds on schedule. Mentoring fellow team members to release the builds and drive daily activities.
- Responsible for managing onsite and offshore team of 8 in delivering the project on time.
- Responsible for daily stand- Confidential to addressing the issues across Development and QA teams
- Define and implement processes to make the team more productive
- Analyzing, breaking larger to detailed tasks.
- Work with senior management and teams to manage release schedules for QA and Production teams
- Closely work with development and QA teams in getting daily changes to manage build and deployments to Development, QA and performance servers
- Create, automate and manage the builds and responsible for continuous integration of builds using TFS, Clear Case and SVN, UNIX, Tomcat, IBM Message broker.
- Documenting build, install and deployment instructions Production team.
- Setup Linux based application and automated build process using Sub version, Ant, Maven, Bash Shell script tools
- Work with production support team in deploying the builds
- Taking care of security scans for the code before deploying builds
- Identify infrastructure needs and working with operations teams to manage various server activities for Development, QA and Performance environments.
Environment: Red hat 5, Linux 5.x WebLogic Server 8.1 sp3/sp5,Apache 2.0., JDK 1.4,WebLogic 9.2.