- Around 8 years of IT experience comprising of Systems Administration and Software Configuration Management (SCM). Extensive experience includes DevOps Build/Release Management and Cloud Management using AWS.
- Primary duties include automating processes to achieve CI/CD for deploying various applications by integrating tools like GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Apache, Docker, Chef/Ansible, Jira, Nexus various testing frameworks like Junit, various app servers like WebLogic/WebSphere/JBoss along with establishing within the Enterprise to move code across Dev, QA, SIT, Stage and Prod Environments.
- Experienced in working on both On - Premise and Cloud (AWS) platforms utilizing DevOps/Agile operational processes.
- Expertise in AWS Cloud utilizing various services like EC2, VPC, ELB, Auto-Scaling, Security Groups, Route53, IAM, EBS, AMI, RDS, S3, SNS, SQS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudFront & DirectConnect and other services of AWS family.
- Built and configured a virtual data center in the AWS cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including (VPC), Public & Private Subnets, inbound & outbound Security Groups, Route Tables, and Elastic Load Balancer.
- Used AWS lambda to run servers without managing them and configured to trigger, to run code using S3 and SNS.
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs and Glacier for QA and UAT environments as well as, infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Designed and distribution of data across all the nodes and Clusters on different availability zones in AWS Redshift and experienced in automating the infrastructure using Terraform in AWS console.
- Performed application migration to Docker and containers for various projects and established the use of Blue/Green Deployments, Load Balancers and AWS EC2 spot instances.
- Experience in creating dashboards in Google Stackdriver. Can setup alerting and create custom metrics using Google API developer tools.
- Used Jenkins to deploy code to Google Cloud, create new namespaces, creating docker images and pushing them to container registry of Google Cloud.
- Experienced in Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config Maps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Good understanding of OpenShift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Knowledge in Building/Maintaining Docker container-based clusters managed by Kubernetes using OpenShift container management platform, and Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Dockerfile.
- Coordinated/assisted developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion (SVN) and GIT source control tools.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for building deployable artifacts such as WAR/EAR from source code.
- Created Jenkins Jobs for Builds and Deployments and installed several plugins to support multiple tools required for the implementation of projects.
- UsedJenkinsPipeline (Pipeline as code) withJenkinsfilefor many CI/CD Deployments.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes using Knife, wrote Recipes and Cookbooks, and uploaded them to Chef-Server.
- Well versed with many different concepts of Chef like Roles, Environments, DataBags, Knife, Chef Server Admin/Organizations.
- Worked extensively on Ansible automation engine that automates cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, Intra-service orchestration, and many other IT needs.
- Experienced in developing Ansibleroles and AnsiblePlaybooks for the server configuration.
- Experience in working with GIT to store the code and integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the playbook.
- Excellent knowledge on Java/J2EE and developing Ruby, Shell/bash, XML, HTML, and Perl Scripts for automations.
- Experienced in using Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic and WebSphere Application servers for deployment.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MySQL and SQL Server by using PL/SQL for data integrity and proficient in multiple databases likeMongoDB, Cassandra, MySQL, PostgreSQL, ORACLE.
- Experienced in Virtualization technologies VMWare, Virtual box, Vagrant to creating virtual machines and provisioning.
- Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource/Network Monitoring, and Log Trace Monitoring.
- Experienced with monitoring/graphing tools including InfluxDB/OpenTSDB, Grafana, and ELK stack.
- Experience in Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for centralized logging and then store logs and metrics into S3 bucket using Lambda function
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Rally, Remedy, HP Quality Center and IBM Clear Quest.
- Strong comprehension of central advancements like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, system administration and security best practices and capable chipping away at Windows Active Directory, DNS, DHCP.
- Experience in System Administration on various platforms which includes Red hat Linux, Solaris, SUSE Linux, CentOS, Windows environments, VMware ESX/ESXi and VMware vSphere.
AWS Services: Ec2, Elastic Beanstalk, EFS, VPC, RDS, S3, Glacier, IAM, Kinesis, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, DynamoDB, Lambda, Route53, SNS, SQS, API Gateway, Code Pipeline, Code Build, Elastic Search, Code Deploy etc.
Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef
Languages: Python, Java, .Net
Source Code Management: GIT, Bitbucket, Code Commit
Operating systems: Windows, Linux, Unix, Ubuntu, RHEL, Cent OS and Solaris
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, Oracle Application Server
DevOps Tools: AWS Code Pipeline, Code Build, Code Deploy, Elastic Beanstalk, Jenkins, Bamboo, Docker, Jira, Bugzilla, Splunk, Nagios
Confidential, Montgomery, NY
Sr DevOps/Cloud Engineer
- Worked on Amazon AWS EC2 cloud services for installing, configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images like Amazon Linux AMI, Redhat and Ubuntu.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Created Python scripts to totally automateAWSservices which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Used the orchestration frameworkKubernetesto deploy production-scale fleets of dedicated servers in containers and simplified the configuration management.
- Maintained DNS records using Route53. Used Amazon Route53 to manage DNS zones and give public DNS names to elastic load balancers IP’s.
- Empowered cloud Watch alerts utilizing custom scripts to screen host and OS level measurements and conveying the measurements toCloudWatchdashboard.
- Implemented cloud migration strategies, defining delivery architecture, creating the migration plans, designing the orchestration plans, and more. Assist in creating and executing of migration run books.
- Used AWS Server Migration Service (SMS) to automate the migration of on-premises VMware vSphere and Hyper-V virtual machines to the AWS Cloud.
- Deployed AWS SMS connector onto VMware Vcenter and configured a Vcenter service account role to get catalogue information in the VMware Data center onto AWS console for Migration.
- Created a Jenkins plan for launching the AWS infrastructure using Terraform and written Chef recipes for installing some agents like CloudWatch, Trend-micro, ELK onto the newly launched EC2 instances.
- Experienced in Cloud automation usingAWSCloud Formation templates, Python, Ruby, Chef, Vagrant. Chef for configuration management of virtual environments, and Vagrant for virtual machine and resource.
- Deployed and configured Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration withAWSLambda and Cloud Watch.
- Auto scaling of Web Application instances based on the Cloud watch alarms during sudden increase in network traffic.
- Automated EBS snapshots job (daily and monthly) based on TAG on EBS volume usingAWS CLI tool.
- CreatedDockerImages using aDockerfile, worked onDockerContainer Snapshots, removing images and managingDockerVolumes deployed usingkubernetes.
- WrittenKubernetesdeploymentYAML files of microservices, replication controllers, Helm charts, Scheduler.
- Created consistent environment usingKubernetesfordeploymentscaling and load balancing to the application from dev through production, easing the code development anddeploymentpipeline by implementing Docker containerization with multiple namespaces.
- ManagedKubernetescharts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of theKubernetes applications.
- Worked on rolling updates using the deployments feature inKubernetesand implemented BLUE GREEN deployment to maintain zero downtime to deploy process in Tomcat, Nginx using Python and Shell Scripts to automate log rotation of logs from web servers.
- Installed, Configured and automated the JenkinsBuild jobs for CI and AWS Deployment pipelines using plugins like Jenkins-EC2 plugin, AWS Code Deploy, S3 andJenkins-Cloud Formation plugin.
- WroteJenkinsfilecore pipeline and push to the source code management to create continuous delivery pipeline.
- Implemented new projects builds framework using Jenkins and maven as build framework tools and Integrated Docker build as a part of Continuous Integration process and deployed local Registry server.
- Installed and maintained Chef DK for storing cookbooks and in documenting the pattern and use of Delivery CLI to automate the adeptness in Chef and maintaining and accessing the infrastructure through Chef Compliance and Inspect the node to test the infrastructure by specifying the policies to follow.
- Created Chef Cookbooks to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx, Apache Spark and used GZIP to forward compressed files to destination node/instances.
- Created Ansible playbooks for apache tomcat to deploy static and dynamic content.
- Integrated Ansible Tower with Jenkins to deploy code to different servers to build auto scaled systems.
- Maintained the log archives using CloudWatch, Nagios, Splunk and LogStash.
- Eliminated extended downtime of network and processes by installing and configuring a Nagios server to monitor Windows/Linux servers.
- Logging Server Remotely using NGINX proxy server. To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to Setup/teardown of ELK stack (Elastic Search, Log stash, Kibana).
- Experience customizing JIRA projects with various schemas, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes.
- Experience in writing various Automation Scripts to automate manual tasks, deploy applications, application build scripts/versioning etc. using languages like Shell, Perl and Python based scripting.
Confidential, Caldwell, NJ
DevOps/Cloud Automation Engineer
- Involved in designing and deploying a large application utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Beanstalk, SNS, SQS, IAM, ELB, VPC, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, Lambda, Cloud Formation) focusing on high availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Configured IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups. Managing IAM accounts (with MFA) and IAM policies to meet security audit & compliance requirements. Setting up the group policies using JSON.
- Performedmigrationof Microsoft SQL server, MariaDB, PostgreSQL to RDS and MongoDB, Cassandra to DynamoDB.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to automate inAWSservices like Launching EC2, Configuring VPC, EBS, Monitoring using CloudWatch and CloudTrail.
- Utilize Cloud Watch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS DB services, Dynamo DB tables, EBS volumes to set alarms for notification and to monitor logs for a better understanding and operation of the system.
- Used AWS CLI for EC2 creations and S3 uploads and authenticated downloads. Setup the scripts for creation of new snapshots and deletion of snapshots in RDS.
- Worked withTerraformfor automating VPCs, ELBs, security groups, SQS queues, S3 buckets, and continuing to replace the rest of our infrastructure.
- Leveraged kops implemented aKubernetesContainer Orchestration solution within AWS allowing for easy management, creation and recovery of AWS assets.
- InstalledDockerusingDockertool box and createdDockerfiles for different environments.
- Implemented theDockerfor wrapping up the final code and setting up development and testing environment usingDockerHub,DockerSwarm andDockerContainer Network.
- Established a local dev workflow aroundminikubeto validate deployments in Kubernetes and created REST API to store, update, read and delete bucket information on Console using Kubernetes interfaces.
- Created deployment automation of all the microservices to pull image from the privateDocker registry and deploy toDockerswarm cluster using Ansible. usedJenkinsas continuous delivery tool involving package creation, distribution and deployment onto tomcat application servers via shell scripts embedded intoJenkinsjobs.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Git Stash Repositories, views and the access. Used automated code check-outs in Git and created branches.
- Implemented GitHub Organization Pipeline job which will automatically manage repositories with aJenkinsfilewithin them consisting of series of independent steps that are automated through Production.
- Maintained settings.xml in Maven for permissions to users and deploying the artifacts directly to Nexus Repository.
- Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keepAWSserver's template minimal and written recipes and cookbooks for configuring server side through Chef.
- Worked on deployment automation of all the Microservices to pull image from the private Docker registry and deploy to Docker swarm cluster using Chef.
- Utilized Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Incorporated Ansible and Vagrant to provision testing environments and model network configuration changes.
- Developed Ansible scripts for an automated server provisioning and Docker images for isolation, reducing the time between provisioning and deployment.
- Built provisioning engine that utilizes Ansible to implement deployments to multiple platforms including VMware andAWS.
- Installed Ansible Tower and wrote playbooks, created roles to rollout configurations to different environments.
- Installed and configured Splunk for log monitoring and forwarded system stats to Splunk indexer, created dashboards and alerts using this data.
- Implement monitoring solutions Zabbix to monitor health of systems and generate proactive alerts for systems entering a degraded state.
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Ruby, Bash, Power Shell, Python and Run deck.
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Web server, Nginx and Application Servers like Tomcat, JBoss.
- Created JIRA issues to prioritize and acts on what's important and stayed up to date with what's going on around the project.
- Seamlessly transitioned AWS infrastructure from EC2-Classic to VPC, overhauled AWS accounts to follow recommended security best practices, reduced AWS costs by over 40%.
- Setup and launch Amazon Linux and RHEL and Windows EC2 instances, network interface with Elastic IP's.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions. Configured and managing security groups and VPC.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure in various resources, VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, RDS in Cloud formation JSON templates.
- Implemented Auto Scaling withChefand Assignchefroles to EC2 instances.
- UsedChefto manage Web Applications, Config Files, Database Commands and Packages.
- Involved in Setting up Continuous Integration Environment using Jenkins and responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Worked extensively with MAVEN build tools for writing pom.xml files respectively.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Used Apache Tomcat as application server for deploying the artifacts.
- Installed and administrated JIRA and Confluence in Integration environment and QA environment.
Confidential - McLean, VA
Build Release Engineer
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python and shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant's build.xml.
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Maven/Hudson.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Configured Jenkins to obtain the code from SVN and GIT, and analyzed them using the SonarQube/Sonar Scanner, built them using Maven and ANT and store the successfully built artifacts to Artifactory and Nexus.
- Created and configured many jobs in Jenkins to help CI & CD pipelines using many plugins like DSL plugin, parameterized Trigger plugin, pipeline view plugin, Extended email plugin etc.
- Branching and merging code lines in the Subversion and resolved all the conflicts rose during the merges.
- Modified ANT scripts to build the JAR's, Class files, WAR files and EAR files from VOB's.
- Deployed the Java applications into Apache Tomcat web application server.
- Deployed the applications to WebSphere Application Server 5.0 and static content to Apache web servers.
- Utilized Jira for issue reporting, status, and activity planning.
- Involved in setting up Jira as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for the Jira bug/issue tracker.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Jenkins and Jira.