- Expertise in DevOps, Cloud infrastructure and automation which includes Linux, Git Jenkins, & Terraform.
- Providing systemsupport for 7000+ Linux servers (On - premises BareMetal/VMs and AWS/Azure Public cloud instances) including system maintenance, patching using configuration management wif ansible and puppet and software & hardware upgrades. Working on incidents as per SLA.
- Good Knowledge in writing Infrastructure as code (IAC) in terraform, AWS cloud formation and Azure resource management. Created reusable custom terraform modules in both AWS and Azure environments.
- Hands on Knowledge in Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, and manage Docker containers wif multiple names spaced versions using Helm charts.
- Responsible for creating & Managing Dockerfiles for creating necessary base images used for automation of build & deployment environments.
- Experience wif CI/CD methodologies wif TeamCity, Jenkins for end-to-end automation of various build &deployment. Integrated Jenkins wif code quality analysis and review tools like SonarQube.
- Implemented a CI/CD pipeline using Azure DevOps (VSTS, TFS) in both cloud and on-premises wif GIT, MS Build, Docker, Maven along wif Jenkins plugins.
- Created and wrote shell (Bash), Ruby, python scripts, Ansible playbooks for automating tasks.
- Experienced wif working on Puppet orchestration. Worked onPuppet enterprise for Large infrastructure.
- Experience in writing customPuppetmodules & RSpec, PDK unit test for validating & testing teh modules.
- Experience in working Software provisioning using Puppet and Ansible.
- Good Knowledge in AWS & Azure cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, IAM RDS, EKS, ECS, lambda, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, S3, Route 53 and Azure Compute, Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Azure Functions, Azure DevOps, ACS, AKS, Azure Storage, Blob Storage & Azure Monitor.
- Experienced in maintaining micro services using Kubernetes as front-end orchestrator for docker containers and worked on setting up teh Kubernetes Cluster on AWS(EKS) for testing teh different features.
- Experience in monitoring systems & application logs of server using New relic & Splunk to detect issues.
- Good knowledge in TCP/IP, traceroute, tcpdump analysis, sysstat tools, strace, dtrace, nc, curl commands.
- Experience in configuring DHCP, NFS, NTP, DNS zones, A, CNAME, Mail, TXT SRV records.
Operating System: Redhat Family 4.x/5.x/6.x/7.x/8.x, HP-UX B.11.23, B.11.31, hands on Solaris 8/10/11.
Hardware: IBM RS/6000, IBM (P series) IBM Power Systems (Power 4,5,6,7), IBM Blades, HP ProLiant DL380, 385, Dell Power edge 2650, R220, R320, IBMX3650 servers. CISCO UCS.
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible and Puppet.
Infrastructure as Service: Amazon (AWS), Terraform, Azure.
Test and Build Systems: Jenkins, Circle CI, Teamcity, SonarQube, Ant and Maven
Web and Application server: Apache HTTP, Tomcat, Nginx.
Languages: Shell scripting, basics of Perl, Make file, Python, C, C++, SQL, Ruby
Database: PostgreSQL, SQlite, Mongodb
Networking: BlueCat, SolarWinds, DHCP, DNS, SMTP, NFS, CIFS, LDAP, TCP/IP.
Virtualization: VMWare ESX 5.x, 6.x, vSphere, VMware Infrastructure Client.
Other Tools: Docker, SVN, Git, Bitbucket, Gitkraken, Artifactory, Ruby, FPM Splunk, Nagios, Vagrant, Packer, Pulp, Firewalld, NIC Teamd, FTP, Kickstart, rsync, autosys, Control -m, SSSD, Commvault.
Confidential, Hillsboro, Oregon
- Working on Production support for on-premises Linux severs & Public cloud (AWS & Azure) instances. Troubleshooting all OS issues, performing monitoring & troubleshooting of applications/server’s issues wifin teh meet SLA's of customer & providing root cause analysis.
- Provisioning teh AWS & Azure cloud instances wif autoscaling launch configuration and load balancer using custom CIS hardening OS Images using terraform, Makefile & Jenkins automation. Created re-usable terraform modules in both Azure and AWS environments.
- Creating and maintaining teh infrastructure for applications in AWS/Azure using Terraform. Building & automating CI/CD pipelines for different applications. Dockerized microservices, created Jenkins pipeline to upload docker images to ECR & Artifactory. Improving existing Pipeline to create teh ECS cluster using terraform to facilitate teh deployments.
- Working on Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Responsible for building application automation pipeline for deployment into AWS using Jenkins, Antifactory and Terraform wif shell and groovy scripts.
- Worked on SAS Viya 9.4 application installations & configuration on AWS EC2 using Ansible playbooks and Integrated teh SAS jobs wif Apache Airflow.
- Writing shell & python scripts and automating day-to day sys operation activities using Ansible, Puppet. Migrating legacy on-premises servers to AWS and Microsoft Azure Cloud.
- Performing standardsystemadministration tasks, such as patching & upgrading, Performance tuning,CPU & Memory monitoring, good command on Splunk queries & creating alert tasks. Filesystem management of Linux/Unix servers. Performing teh administration of external DNS (A, CNAME, MX, TXT) records.
- Experience wif Ansible and Puppet configuration management to manage teh infrastructure environment. Responsible for large-scalePuppetorchestration implementation & maintenance.
- Maintaining teh services like NTP, LDAP, NFS, DNS, Network Manager and Managing teh OS configuration files (like Sudoers, Crontab, Limits.conf & Commvault, Splunk, CrowdStrike agent services & TLS/SSL certificates), OS Packages and user account Id’s using Puppet across teh Linux environment.
- Writing Documentation on Confluence for better understand to team members.
- Providing 24X7 production support for 7000 + Linux on premise servers & Cloud instances.
Environment: RedHat 6.x/7.x/8.x, CoreOS, AWS, Azure, Dockers, Puppet, Ansible, Git, Jira, Pulp, New Relic, Splunk, Artifactory, Packer, Terraform, SAP, SAS Viya, Apache Airflow.
DevOps/Linux Systems Engineer
Confidential, Chicago, Illinois
- Administration, Installation, configuration, troubleshooting and performance tuning of Unix/Linux distribution such as RHEL Linux, Centos & IBM AIX, HPUX Systems on both physical & Virtual servers.
- Responsible for maintaining Linux servers as well as ensuring teh health and stability of teh server. This included troubleshooting possible package/library conflicts using various OS, server and application logs.
- Troubleshoot server OS and application issues throughrootcauseanalysis and vendor support cases.
- Provided systemsupport for 1000+ Linuxservers including routine maintenance, patching, and system backups and restores, and software and hardware upgrades.
- Built Physical servers & cloud/non-cloud virtual Linux server in VMware using IBM Cloud Orchestrator
- Performed OS and memory upgrades on Linux servers in physical/Virtual cloud environment.
- Experience in managing Virtual machines RHEL 6.5, 6.8, 7.0 servers onVMware vSphere hosts.
- Handled Leap Second on 31st December 2016 for all RHEL servers by patching NTP package & NTP configuration changes.
- Experience in AWS, which included managing application in teh cloud and creating teh instances.
- Worked wif AWS IAM to generate new accounts, assign roles and groups.
- Worked on Installation and configuration of automation Tool Puppet. Has good hands on knowledge of creating and maintaining theDockercontainers. Writing Bash & python scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Experience on File System, Disk management, Monitoring System components such as CPU, Disk, RAM.
- Worked on installation, configuration and volume/disk management using VERITAS Volume Manager (VxVM), and VERITAS File System (VxFs) in AIX and logical volume manager (LVM) in Linux.
- Experience in troubleshooting memory issues and performance issues usingDynatraceand IBM Tivoli Performance Viewer and tuning teh system forJVMparameters.
- CPU & H/W performance testing via strace and various utilities like sar, vmstat, iostat, Nmap. Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling using control-m jobs, enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Work on incident tickets using ServiceNow ticketing tool to resolve issues such as high CPU/MEM usage, performance issues, and application support issues. participating in a 24x7 on-call rotation basis to respond to critical incidents wifin teh SLA for Red hat Linux, IBM AIX and HP UX servers.
Environment: Red Hat 6.x,7.x, AIX 5.3,6.1, HP-UX B.11.23, B.11.31, AWS, GPFS filesystems, Dynatrace, IBM Tivoli.
Linux Systems Administrator
- Installation, Configuration and maintenance of Red Hat Linux, CentOS physical and virtual servers.
- Worked on Installation and configuration of automation Tool Puppet.
- Experienced wif working on Puppet Master and Puppet Agents. Defined Puppet Master and Puppet.
- Created and updated Puppet manifest and modules, files and packages stored in teh GIT repository.
- Maintaining teh product upgrades and implementing for client requirements. Maintaining teh documents for solving all teh tickets.
- Responsible for monitoring all servers, system log; diagnosing CPU's, memory, disk, or space issues
- Perform daily systemmonitoring, verifying teh integrity & availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, verifying completion ofscheduled jobs.
- Managing teh E-mail Sever, Proxy Server, Fax Server, Chat Server, SSL VPN, Cluster, Bandwidth Manager, Bandwidth Aggregate, Dial-in Server, DHCP Server and File Server.
- IP and Static Route Configuration in Linux Server. Managing Proxy server and Firewall (iptables).
- Expertise in creating a User and Group Administration wif Disk Management.
- Upgraded teh Linux servers from Cent OS 6.0 to 7.0
- Good Knowledge about teh Domain Registration, DNS (Name Servers) Manages, A record, MX record, CNAME and FTP records. Domain name changes done in Mail Server wifout effecting teh existing domain mail loses wif auto forwarding.
- Added Static routes in teh Servers to connect teh branch offices using WAN Setup.
- Wrote shell scripts for system administration tasks such as monitoring file system size, CPU, Memory and network performance and generation of daily system report.
- Performed an initial configuration on a router and server. Configured IP address, Subnet masks, gateway address and DNS addresses on routers and hosts.
- Managed File Systems - Files and directory type’s ufs, ext2, ext3, fsck, e2fsck, and tune2fs.
- Perform System Backups and Restores - Using tar, gzip, bzip commands and dump. Remote Management ssh, scp and remote copy.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 6.x, Ubuntu 12.04.4, Fedora 6.x 7.x CentOS 5.x 6.x Operating System, Puppet, DHCP, DNS, User Management, Network Management.