- Around 7+ years of comprehensive experience in the areas of DevOps, AWS, Azure and Linux Administration.
- Expertisein Configuration and Administration of RedHat EnterpriseLinux, Sun Solaris, CentOS, RHEL, and Windows.
- Hands on experience in a dynamic environment: Installing, Upgrading, Patching, Configuring and Performance Tuning on UNIX system software and hardware.
- Experience with Version Control Systems like GIT, CVS, SVN, ACCUREV, Perforce, and IBM Rational Team Concert.
- Experience in migrating infrastructure and application from on premise to Cloud.
- Adequate knowledge on using Amazon Web Services likeEC2,S3bucket, RDS, EBS, ELB, Auto - Scaling, AMI,IAMthroughAWSConsole and API Integration with Ansible Playbooks.
- Outstanding facility with load balancers, routers and switches and excellent knowledge of database installation and configuration principles
- Create and maintain set of Linux and Windows servers in AWS cloud.
- Experience in dealing with Microsoft Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, VMs, Cloud Services, VPN, Resource Groups, Express Route, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto- Scaling and Traffic Manager
- Implementing infrastructure on new AWS systems and migration of existing Linux and Windows-based infrastructure to AWS and Azure Cloud platforms and automated using Terraform, Cloud Formation Templates
- Networking communication skills and protocols such as TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, LDAP, DHCP, NTP and SMTP.
- Experience in working with Micro service Architecture, Docker containers, Docker-Compose and Kubernetes.
- Experience with application level containerization management with Docker and Kubernetes Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple apps.
- Extensive experience in writing builds using MAVEN, ANT, MS-build as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Setup code repositories Like GIT, SVN and managed plugins for Jenkins for scheduled automatic checkout of code.
- Expertise in setting up (CI/CD) Continuous integration and Deployment Pipeline for J2EE, NodeJS and Python applications as well as Docker Containers using tools such as Jenkins, Anthill pro, Team city, Bamboo and AWS Code Pipeline.
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using scripting languages such as Java, Shell scripting, Python, Ruby, PHP PERL.
- Installing, administering Red-Hat using VMware, Xen, and Oracle Virtual Machine based hypervisors.
- Experience working with log monitoring tools syslog and ELK Stack (Elastic search, Logstash, Kibana), also used Cloud Watch, Nagios and Splunk for monitoring
- Solution implementation and troubleshooting all network related issues.
- Good knowledge in writing shell scripts like bash automate routine tasks like Selective file removal, disk space utilization & Process management.
- Executed software delivery automation using Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus, and similar tools and demonstrated how coding practices are influenced by SonarQube code quality scan.
- Able to work in a fast pace environment and to meet deadliness
Programming & Scripting Languages: Java, Python, Shell, C, PHP, Bash, Perl, SQL
Operating Systems: Windows Variants, Linux/Unix (Red Hat, Ubuntu, Solaris, AIX, SUSE Linux) RedHat 5/6, AIX, Centos, Windows Server, MacOS.
Virtualization and Cloud: Oracle VirtualBox, VMware, OpenShift, Vagrant, Docker, AWS, Azure
Source Control: GIT - GitLab, GitHub, GitStash, SVN, ClearCase
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Ansible, CloudFormation, Terraform
Build Automation and CI/CD: Ant, Maven, Bamboo, Jira, Jenkins/Hudson, Kubernetes, IBM Udeploy, Spinnaker
Web/Application Servers: Apache, Iplanet, Nginx, Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic
Bug Tracking and CM tools: JIRA, HP Quality Center
Monitoring and Alerting: Nagios, Splunk, AWS CloudWatch, AWS SNS
Sr. DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
- Involved in Architect, build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Ansible with AWS Cloud Formation and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Built and developed CI/CD pipeline from scratch and taught the workflow to developers and QA.
- Configured Jenkins as a common build engine to build and deploy applications using Spinnaker to DEV, QA, and PROD environments.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images of node.js components, creating Spinnaker pipelines and deploying them through Kubernetes.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and configured Kubernetes.
- Involved in migrating the infrastructure from on-prem to AWS.
- Experience in configuring Amazon EC2 instances and launching the new instances with same configuration by using AMI's (Amazon Machine Images).
- Installed application on AWS EC2 instances and configured the storage on S3 buckets.
- Build and operate OpenShift Kubernetes container platform on AWS for various applications teams.
- Responsible for using AWS Console for deploying and operating AWS services specifically VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, IAM, ELB, and Cloud Formation.
- Built monitoring and metric gathering systems around OpenShift using Sensu, Grafana and Prometheus.
- I played a key role in building Docker images; create build and deployment configurations to deploy applications on OpenShift. Developed Ansible playbooks to do a automated recovery process upon the failure of OpenShift MASTER.
- Planned the architecture for migrating applications from bare metal and AWS to OpenShift. I have done few Upgrades and scaled OpenShift environment.
- Designed a patch process and wrote Ansible playbooks for patching OpenShift-RHEL, atomic OS and bug fixes for OpenShift. Developed and implemented a continuous back up process using Ansible to back up ETCD data directory of OpenShift using Ansible playbooks.
- Build and Managed GIT repositories for Branching, Merging, and Tagging by using Git Hub.
- Set up Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling.
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven builds.
- Experience in pushing and pulling the artifacts to Nexus from Jenkins builds.
- Involved in troubleshooting the build issues and ultimately solving them.
- Used Team city and Urban code for building and deploying on prem components.
- Created a new CI/CD pipeline using GitLab and GitLab CI for other teams.
- Troubleshooted and fixed the issues day to day faced by developers and QA.
- Provided continuous and automated way of testing using Jenkins for QA team.
- Experience in writing Ansible playbooks for Packer and Terraform to create and deploy AMI'S to AWS.
- Deployed the static content to apache web servers and applications to Tomcat Application server
- Wrote Python, Perl and Shell scripts to monitor installed enterprise applications
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure.
Environment: AWS, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Apache, Centos, RedHat, Ubuntu, Tomcat, WebLogic, Clusters, Python, Shell, Chef, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, GIT, Nexus, Atlassian Stash, Ansible Tower, CloudWatch, Java, Node.js, Lambda, Web Servers, DynamoDB, Amazon RDS, VMware
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
- Involved in configuring AzureBackup Service for taking backup of AzureVM and data of on premise to Azure and building and installing servers through AzureResource Manager Templates (ARM) or AzurePortal.
- Involved in migrating Services from On-premise to Azure Cloud Environments, design, deployment and maintain the implementation of Cloud solutions using Confidential Azure and underlying technologies .
- Deployed AzureIaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Implemented AzureAD using AD connect, configured SSO and multifactor Authentication
- Designing and implementing for fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by Using DevOps Technologies like Chef
- Responsible for CI/CD (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery) process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT, Stash Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Responsible for Distributed Version Control Systems like GIT, SVN
- Involved in leading Automation Deployment Team by working with Chef.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Tortoise SVN and implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance Automated SQL Scripts, Batch Scripts Deployment to staging and production.
- Deployment and management of web services with Tomcat and JBOSS provided end-user straining for all Tortoise SVN, JIRA users to effectively use the tool.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process. Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to move from one environment to other environments.
- Created and maintained the Jython deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application server.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between Projects.
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
Environment: Azure, Chef, Terraform, Jenkins CI/CD, Nagios, Jira, SHELL, Python, VPC, Autoscaling, Apache, JBoss, Nginx, Tomcat, GIT, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Blue/green deployment
Confidential, Orlando, Florida
- Designed AWSCloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates
- Expert knowledge in designing SPA using Angular JS, Angular2
- Designed and developed Microservices using REST framework and Spring Boot and used Bootstrap along with AngularJS in creating the Application
- Used NodeJS for doing non-blocking design operation for server-side code and Angular.js framework in developing various UI components
- Development of Python API's for monitoring of data acquisition and automation of data quality check process
- Responsible for maintaining and expanding AWS(Cloud Services) infrastructure using AWSStack especially worked with database setup and maintenance and created AWSEC2 instances
- Designed services to store and retrieve user data using Mongo DB database and communicated with remote servers using REST enabled Web Services on Jersey framework. Involved in writing Spring Container and Controller classes
- Used Hibernate to extract and HQL to query the data from MYSQL database
- Used Jenkins to perform Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Implemented a GIT mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both Git and SVN
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT
- Deployed JAVA/J2EE applications through Tomcat Application servers
- Deployed Spring Boot based microservices in Docker and Amazon EC2 container using AWS
- Worked with RabbitMQ for messaging with social application in the bank monitored it
- Used JIRA tool for Issue/bug tracking, monitoring of work assignment in the system
- Re-design and implement CI build system using Jenkins
- Worked with executed unit test cases by using JUNIT for accuracy of code and logging with log4j
Build & Release Engineer
- Build, manage, and continuously improved the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools
- Deployed .NET applications to application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Used Ant scripts and Perl/Shell to automate build and deployment Process.
- Designed and implemented the Java and Open source stack with the following tools Maven, Docker, and Jenkins.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud, integrating it with Puppet.
- Installed Jenkins and created Deployment Jobs for Various Projects
- Extensively used ANT tool to do the builds, Integrated ANT to Eclipse and did local builds
- Release Management and Scheduler tools like Nolio and Control-M
- Documented release builds and source control procedures and plans
- Performed daily/week software builds and releases for their promotion to the production environment.
- Implemented the setup for Master Slave Architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Managing the code migration from TFS, CVS and Star team to Subversion repository.
- Configured application servers like Tomcat to deploy the code
- Created UCM Projects, Development and Integration views for Development and Integration Streams
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Create plan and deploy Nagios monitoring server environment
- Implemented PowerShell scripts that automated creation of contacts from Active Directory users and updating of address books -increasing productivity and efficiency
- Provided end-user training for all Subversion (SVN) users to effectively use the tool
- Designed Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process
- Used CHEF for application automatic deployment and provisioning to different environments. Used Harvest and CVS for repository integration to Anthill Pro for code.
- Automated the tasks using Chef.
- Configured Bamboo Server and Remote Agent on Windows Server as a CI Server.
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Bamboo
- Created and maintained user accounts, roles on MySQL, production and staging servers.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existinginfrastructure.
Environment: .NET, Windows, MySQL, SVN, Ant, Maven, Shell/Perl, Nagios, Open Stack, PowerShell, ORM, TFS, SCM, GIT, Jenkins, JIRA, MS Build, Tomcat, Control-M, Puppet, Puppet DB, Bamboo, Chef, Oracle
Associate Software Engineer
- Implemented the iterative development process using the Agile methodology.
- Designed and implemented (SOA, SOAP) next-generation system on a distributed platform.
- Extensively used Exception handling and Multi-threading for the optimum performance of the application.
- Worked on the integration of different applications that are developed on FuseESB Architecture.
- Built and deployed the applications using Maven.
- Played a major role in designing & developing JSP pages and XML reports. Developed Servlets and tags for JSP pages.
- Developed few module Web pages using Spring IOC and Hibernate.
- Generated property list for every application dynamically usingjava J2EE.
- Involved in design (using RUP, Visio) and implemented (SOA, SOAP) next-generation system on a distributed platform.
- Extensively used XSL as an XML parsing mechanism for showing Dynamic Web Pages in HTML format.
- Used Portal toolkit plug-in for creating, testing, debugging and deploying Portlets using IBM WebSphere Portal Server.
- Implemented OWAS (Open Web Application Security) mechanisms for secure bank transactions.
- Implemented Searching based algorithms for searching key-terms in application.
- Implemented SOAP protocol to get the requests from the outside System.
- Used CVS as a source control for code changes.
- Developed coding using SQL, PL/SQL, Queries, Joins, Views, Procedures/Functions, Triggers, and Packages.
- Provided development support for System Testing, Product Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Data Conversion Testing, Load Testing, and Production.
- Installation and Administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3, 4, 5 SLSE10 using Kick start including monitoring, scaling and capacity planning and hardware maintenance of Sun fire servers.
- Installation and Configuration of Red Hat Satellite on Dell power edge 2650.
- Installation and configuration of CYGWIN on Windows in order to access UNIX system from Windows Operating Systems.
- Perform regular update to the latest patches for SUN Solaris and Linux machines.
- Configuration of Naming Services like DNS, DHCP, NIS, LDAP Novell directory. Implementing Master and Slave servers for NIS, DNS.
- Expert in Installing, configuring and maintaining apache/tomcat, samba.
- Co-ordinate with web admin team in installation of BEA Web Logic Server 8.1.
- Creating, Mounting and Troubleshooting NFS File systems on different OS platforms. Troubleshooting and fixing day-to-day problems related to the servers.
- Building Sun Solaris Servers from scratch with Jumpstart and Flash Archives for upcoming projects.
- Hands on Migration Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.0 to RHEL 5.0.
- Responsible for Oracle database security and patching, Oracle database capacity analysis and planning.
- Providing 24 x 7 supports to various application level server level & network level Monitoring & troubleshooting of any data center outages.
- Hands on VMware for installing Linux and SUSE Linux and windows on virtual machines.
- Managing disk storage with VERITAS Volume Manager 3.5/4.1 and Solaris Volume Manager with VERITAS File System
- Network trouble shooting using ndd, Traceroute, net stat, ifconfig and snoop.
Environment: Windows 2008 R2/2008/2003 Servers, Windows 7,8,10, Symantec Endpoint Protection, VMware vSphere 5, Active Directory, Symantec Net backup DLO, Microsoft Outlook, Airwatch MDM.