- Over 8 Years of professional work experience as Linux Admin, Build & Release/DevOps Engineer with AWS Cloud platform experience with mentoring skills and good understanding of the principles.
- Experience with Container based deployments by using Docker. Expert in using Docker Engine, Docker Hub, Swarm,Docker Registries and buildingDocker Images at root of the repository.
- Hands on experience in the design, implementation and support of automated Containerized Infrastructure using Kubernetes.
- Experience in authoring custom Terraform Scripts to automate the deployments.
- Extensive experience in Server infrastructure development on AWS Cloud by using AWS services like EC2, ECS, EBS, ELB, Lambda, S3, RDS, Glacier, DynamoDB, VPC, Route53, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, IAM, Certificate Manager, SNS and Auto Scaling in a scalable production environment.
- Expertise in using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM) to provide access for users in different environments.
- Skillful in infrastructure automation by using AWS services like Elastic BeanStalk and CloudFormation.
- Ability in development and execution of Shell scripts, XML and Python Scripts to automate the administrative tasks.
- Expertise in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments by using Source Code Management tools like Bitbucket, GitHub and Version control tools like GIT, Apache Subversion (SVN).
- Extensively worked on administrating tools like Jenkins, Bamboo for leveraging continuous integration and continuous delivery processes for service development.
- Experienced in using Ansible as a configuration management tool and developed Ansible Playbooks to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx and other applications.
- Hands on experience in Installing, Configuring of Puppet server - clients and wrote Puppet Manifests to automate infrastructure.
- Experience in managing Chef as Configuration management tool by developing Chef CookBooks and Recipes.
- Experience at automating the release process of products using shell scripts with tools like Apache Ant and Maven.
- Expertise in using various repository management tools like Sonatype Nexus and Artifactory to deploy and manage artifacts. Configure bug tracking tools like JIRA and Bugzilla.
- Expertise in configuring Log monitoring tools like ELK (Elasticsearch, LogStash & Kibana), Nagios, Splunk, Filebeat and Grafana to monitor logs of applications in prod and non-prod.
- Worked with code quality tools like SonarQube to find if there are issues in the code by setting Quality Gates, Quality Profiles and Quality Rules.
- Expertise in trouble shooting the problems generated while building, deploying in a multi-component environment and as part of production release support.
- Used ECS Blox framework and used its Daemon Scheduler to launch Log monitoring agent in every node.
- Worked with Vagrant to automatically provision multiple virtual machines.
- Deployed and managed many servers utilizing both traditional and cloud oriented providers like VMware and Amazon EC2.
Version Control Tools: Git, SVN, CodeHub.
Source Code Management: GitHub, Bitbucket.
Configuration Tools: Terraform, Ansible, Chef and Puppet.
Build Tools: Maven, Ant.
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, AntHillPro, Bamboo.
Quality Code Tool: SonarQube.
Micro Services: Docker(Swarm), Kubernetes, AWS ECS.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla.
Repository Manager: Nexus OSS, Artifactory.
Web/Application Servers: Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, JBOSS, Oracle WebLogic and IBM WebSphere.
Languages & Scripts: Java, C, Python, Shell, XML and PHP.
Monitoring Tools: ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), Grafana, Filebeat, Nagios, Splunk
Database: Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB 7 SQL Server, RDS, DynamoDB and InfluxDB.
AWS Cloud Services: EC2, ECS, EBS, ELB, Lambda, S3, Glacier, VPC, Route 53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, AMI, Certificate Manager, SNS, Auto Scaling and BLOX.
Confidential, Malvern, PA
- Primary tasks include building a CI/CD pipeline using AWS, Jenkins, Maven, GitHub, Nexus OSS, Tomcat, SonarQube to deliver continues delivery.
- Migrated various JAVA and PHP applications into AWS environment.
- Used Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts and managed containerized applications using its nodes, Config Maps, Selectors and Services.
- Involved in authoring Terraform scripts to automate and deploy AWS cloud services.
- Worked on Docker Container to create Docker Images for different environments.
- Experience working on Docker Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Created various Amazon Machine Images (AMI) to launch similar instances in future.
- Created function in Lambda that aggregates the data from incoming events, then stored result data in Amazon Dynamo DB and S3.
- Created VPC’s and configured Public and Private Subnets, Internet Gateways, Security Groups etc., to it. Configured Load Balancers to the applications to serve the incoming traffic in better manner.
- Authored Shell Scripts, Python Scripts to maintain weekly backups for applications and databases for disaster recovery and stored them in Amazon S3 Buckets.
- Maintained EBS volumes for storing the complete data of the instances and later mounted those volumes to new servers in case the old instances were crashed.
- Used Security Groups and Routing Tables to control inbound and outbound traffic from an instance.
- Developed Cloud Formation templates and also launched AWS Elastic Beanstalk for deploying, monitoring and scaling web applications using different platforms like Java, Docker, Python etc.
- Involved in NAT and requesting certificates by using Certificate Manager. Created Identity Access Management (IAM) roles for DEV and QA environment and attached roles to them for security purpose.
- Extensively worked on AWS Identity Access Management for creating Users and adding policies to restrict gaining of unauthorized access.
- Setting up databases in AWS using RDS, DynamoDB, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups and archives to Glacier archives, and configured AWS Redshift for data Warehousing.
- Used CloudWatch Events to collect data from other AWS resources and transfer them to SQS and SNS for alerting.
- Used Jenkins for continues integration and Jenkins Master Slave Architecture to run Jenkins build in remote RHEL Servers.
- Ran Log aggregations, website Activity tracking and commit log for distributed system using ApacheKafka.
- Integrated Apache Kafka for data ingestion.
- Performed defect tracking and Management in JIRA.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system and used Ansible to manage Web apps, Environment configuration files, Users and Packages.
- Integrated Ansible with Jenkins to provide Automation, Continuous Integration through Jenkins. Managed nodes over SSH/Power shell using Ansible.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack Monitoring using Ansible Playbooks.
- Configured Filebeat to send logs from Apache Tomcat to ElasticSearch, used Kibana and Grafana for visualizing and maintaining system Logs.
- Extensively worked with Apache Tomcat as application server and configured Nexus OSS with Jenkins as a Repository, Artifact manager and SonarQube for monitoring continuous code quality.
- Involved in writing Maven build scripts and POM files for generating java based artifacts such as JAR, WAR and EAR.
- Managed GitHub as a Source code management tool and Git as a versioning tool for the projects to create daily backups and checkpoint files.
Environment: Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, GitHub, git, Maven, Ansible, Terraform, JIRA, SonarQube, Grafana, ELK, Nexus OSS, Jenkins, Tomcat, Shell Scripting, Python, Java, Kafka, RHEL, RDS, DynamoDB.
Confidential, Franklin, TN
- Intensively worked on RHEL and used AWS EC2 to launch Linux servers.
- Used SonarQube for source code analyzing and maintained Quality Gates, Quality Rules to find vulnerabilities in the code.
- Responsible for maintaining ELK (Elastic search, Logstash, Kibana) to monitor the logs and debug the issues raised as soon as possible.
- Used BitBucket as a source code management tool and GIT as version control tool.
- Used amazon S3 buckets to store the log files and backup files for further analysis.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, CloudWatch, ELB, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS CloudFormation.
- Developed CloudFormation Templates to launch Instances, VPC's and configured Route Tables, Internet Gateways to VPC’s.
- Used AWS Lambda to run servers without managing them and to trigger and run code by S3 and SNS.
- Worked with AWS IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups for security purpose.
- Created new roles and policies in AWS Identity Access Management (IAM) and added users to them. Installed, Configured and Maintained DNS using Route53.
- Utilized AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Worked with EC2 container services (ECS) to build and manage docker containers in effective manner. And maintained EC2 Container Registry (ECR) to save our own Docker images.
- Worked with Chef Recipes/Cookbooks which involved installing, updating, deployment, configuring the infrastructure and many more.
- Responsible for managing the Chef-Client nodes and upload the Cookbooks to Chef-Server from workstation.
- Developed and maintained Chef libraries utilized in the Automation and Orchestration.
- Configured and administered JBOSS web server and deployed many applications to Nginx application server.
- Installed and administered Nexus OSS to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars which are used during the build.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins and Maven as build framework.
- Managed builds and made necessary changes to MAVEN build scripts and Used Shell and Python scripting to deploy artifacts that are built by Maven.
- Responsible for deploying various application through Docker containers.
- Virtualized the servers using Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. Also, configuration automation using Docker Containers.
- Worked extensively with different Bug tracking tool JIRA.
- Developed Python and Shell Scripts for automation of the build & release process and automate many routine and regular timed tasks.
Environment: AWS, Chef, Git, BitBucket, Maven, Python, RDS, Dynamo DB, ELK, JIRA, Nexus OSS, Jenkins, JBOSS, Java, Linux, RHEL, Nginx, SonarQube, Docker.
Confidential, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Responsible for migrating from Bamboo to Jenkins as continues integration tool.
- Worked on the transition project, which involves migration activities from Ant to Maven to standardize the build across various applications.
- Administer and Maintain Source Code Repositories including GIT, Subversion.
- Created and maintained several build definitions and publish profiles to handle automated builds in an Agile / SCRUM environment.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build, management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins Nodes/Agent, VMWare, Amazon EC2.
- Deployed continues delivery pipeline by using Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, Tomcat, AWS.
- Worked on Installation, Configuration of Puppet server-clients and deployed, maintained infrastructure using Puppet Manifests.
- Involved in several Productions, Implementation and managed Deployment process via Puppet and designed Puppet modules to manage configurations and automate installation process.
- Used Artifactory as a repository management tool to store the .war or jar artifacts in a versioning manner that are generated in the build process.
- Used GitHub as source code management tool.
- Installed and monitored code quality tools like SonarQube to check the standards of the code and to analyses the source code.
- Deployed web servers like Nginx and Automate NGINX/PHP/MySQL Setup and Monitor
- Worked on Nginx, configured reverse proxy for Apache also fine-tuned configurations with rigours performance testing.
- Installed, configured and administered application servers like Tomcat to deploy many java applications.
- Developed Shell, Python Scripts to automate daily, weekly builds primarily using Maven & Ant for some legacy projects.
- Configured Splunk alerts and created dashboards for monitoring.
- Daily tasks include monitoring Bugzilla to find and rectify the issues.
Environment: RHEL, Maven, Ant, Apache, MYSQL, RDS, Jenkins, Subversion, GIT, Puppet, GitHub, SonarQube, Artifactory, Nginx, AWS, Tomcat, Splunk, Bugzilla, Shell scripts, Python, VMware.
Build and release Engineer.
- Perform daily maintenance routines on Linux Servers, monitoring system access, managing file space and tuning the system for optimum performance.
- Primary duties include Build and Deployment of the Java applications onto different environments Dev, QA and UAT.
- Used to maintain number of RedHat Linux servers by deploying them on VMware.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Responsible for Plugin Management, User Management, regular incremental backups and regular maintenance for recovery.
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Continuously monitored for the Disk Space onbuildmachines with Shell Script scheduled to run as Cron job and sending email notification upon reaching a threshold value of disk usage.
- Managed the application, server configurations and automated the deployments of application to the Web, IBM WebSphere application server.
- Install host firewall IP Tables for RedHat Linux and Centos.
- Used ANT as a build tool on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Prepared role back strategies for various deployment activities in Subversion (SVN) and Performed all necessary Subversion support like branching, merging and tagging, checkouts, import, export.
- Scripting using Shell, Python Scripts for compilation and deployment processes.
- Configured Bamboo as a Continuous Integration tool and designed a continuous build process.
- Responsible for large-scale Puppet implementation and maintenance. Puppet Manifests creation, testing and implementation
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Configuration Files, Databases, Commands, Users Mount Points, Packages.
- Remote system administrationusing tools like SSH, Telnet, and Rlogin.
- Responsible for maintaining monitoring tools like Splunk and Nagios to check the log files and rectifies the errors.
- Installed Urban Code Deploy Server and agents required to deploy in various environments.
Environment: ANT, Apache Subversion (SVN), Bamboo, Puppet, IBM WebSphere, Oracle Web logic, Splunk, Nagios, VMware, UDeploy, Java, Red Hat Linux, Shell scripting, Python.
- Daily tasks include Maintenance, System administration and installation of software from RPM, YUM and familiar with TCP/IP network configuration
- Automated installation of RedHat Linux for multiple production servers and implemented many automated tasks through Crontab.
- Automated many administrative tasks using Shell, Python, XML and PHP.
- Configured SAMBA to get access of Linux shared resources from Windows.
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of DNS Servers, Mail Servers, FTP Servers, NFS, NIS+, RPM and SAMBA Web Servers on Linux platforms for Load balancing.
- Used LVM extensively in Creating/Modifying/Deleting the Volume groups and Adding/Removing the physical disks and Mirroring volume groups and logical volumes.
- Worked extensively on different tools like Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas File Systems, Veritas Net Backup and Disk Suit for disk management.
- Rectified many issues by implementing best practices in System Log Analysis, Backups, Network Operating Center Security, User Account/Permissions management and System/Software auditing.
- Involved in troubleshooting many Software, Network and Hardware problems.
- Managed and provided support to all UNIX servers and RedHat LinuxOS that runs Oracle databases and NetBackup enterprise.
- Integrating Oracle WebLogic and Apache and deploying EAR, WAR files in WebLogic Application server.
Environment: RHEL, LVM, Apache 1.3, Oracle 8i, NIS, NFS, Samba, Veritas File System, NIM, Oracle WebLogic, Shell Scripting, Python.