- 9+ years of experience in Configuration Management, Build and Release management involving extensive work towards code compilation, packaging, building, and debugging, automating, managing and deploying code across multiple environments.
- In - depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management).
- Extensively experienced in Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby scripting on Linux. Automated the process of launching and stopping / terminating EC2 instances on Amazon AWS with BOTO.
- Expertise in AWS Services like EC2, IAM, Subnets, VPC, Cloud Formation, AMI, S3, SNS, SES, RedShift, CloudWatch, SQS, Route53, CloudTrail, Lambda, Kinesis and RDS and obtaining High Availability and Fault Tolerance for AWS EC2 instances utilizing the services like Elastic IP, EBS and ELB.
- Used Chef for server provisioning and automating infrastructure. Development and version control of Chef Cookbooks, testing of Cookbooks using Food critic and Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on premise Chef Server.
- Experienced in Administration of Production, Development and Test environment’s carrying Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, and Centos servers.
- Experience in working on version control systems like Subversion, and GIT and used Source code management client tools like GitBash, GitHub, Git GUI and other command line applications etc.
- Design and Deploy Google cloud Platform Solutions using Google services like compute engine, cloud storage buckets, persistent disks, cloud load balancer, auto scaling groups, cloud deployment manager, stackdriver, cloud IAM and cloud DNS.
- Good understanding of Openshift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters along with installing of Docker using Docker toolbox. Created Docker images using Docker file.
- Experience in working with cluster management and orchestration features like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, creating Docker images, compose, Docker registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Deployed and configuration of Microservices into Kubernetes Clusters using Jenkins and ECO Pipeline. Extensively worked with Scheduling, deploying and managing container replicas onto a node cluster usingKubernetes. And worked with building Kubernetes run time environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy in an open source platform.
- Hands on experience in setting up database in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket to ensure fault tolerance and high availability.
- Proficiently experienced in Amazon Web Services(AWS) cloud platform and its services like EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, VPC, VPN, Dynamo, EBS, ELB, SNS, Glacier, Auto-Scaling, IAM, Route53, AMI, Security-Groups, CloudFront, CloudWatch, OpsWork, and CloudFormation through AWS management console and AWS CLI (Command Line Interface).
- Experienced with build automation tools like Ant and Maven. Well versed with Open stack based cloud infrastructure. Implementing and administering monitoring tools Splunk and Nagios.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Experience in deploying artifacts such as JAR, WAR using build automation tools like Ant, Maven and Gradle to write pom.xml and build.xml and used MAVEN repository using NEXUS Tool to share snapshots and releases.
- Experience in Installing, upgrading and configuring SUSE, Solaris, Dell, IBM and HP x 86 server, Centos, VXVM, SVM Red Hat Linux using Kickstart Servers and Virtualization with VMWare vSphere ESXi, vCenter.
- Experience in provision of automation tools like Chef, Puppet, Terraform and Ansible, in addition to deployment tools like SVN, GIT, PVCS, Clear Case, Clear Quest, Perforce, Cruise Control, Jenkins and Bamboo
- Hands on experience in Linux based database management systems in creating and upgrading like RDBMS, MySQL, MongoDB, NoSQL, Cassandra clusters, including backup and recovery planning.
- Expert in deploying the code through web application servers like Web Sphere/Web Logic/ Apache Tomcat/JBoss, Nginx and their installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting.
Operating System: Redhat-Linux (5x, 6x& 7x), CentOS (5x, 6x and 7x), Ubuntu, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Azure
CI/CD: ANT, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Bit Bucket, TFS, SVN, Nexus, Artifactory, SonarQube, Junit, Webhooks with Git/SVN, uDeploy, Bamboo
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible and Terraform
Containerization/Virtual: Docker, Apache Mesos, Kubernetes, VMware
Database: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, CouchDB
Web/App Servers: Apache, IIS, HIS, Tomcat, WebSphere Application Server, JBoss
Scripting: Shell scripting, Python, Vagrant, Perl scripting
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, and XML, Servlets, JSP
Monitoring: Splunk, Nagios, Monit, SolarWinds, Pandora FMS
Tracking: JIRA, Remedy, Clear Quest
Confidential - Charlotte, NC
DevOps Engineer/Web Systems Engineer
- Design, planning, integration, implementation, scalability, problem definition and resolution of Web and ecommerce engineering, installing Tomcat and Apache Web server binaries for different versions and related components across all environments.
- Worked on various CICD Continuous Deployment pipeline with Jenkins, Maven, Jfrog Artifactory, and application servers like Apache, Nginx.
- Performing upgrades, automating processes & procedures, identifying & mitigating technical problems, developing documentation.
- Implementing a CI/CD (Continuous Integration /Continuous Delivery) framework using Jenkins, Maven & Artifactory in Linux environment and Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Git, Confluence, Jira and Cloud Foundry
- Writing Docker files (MSB- Multi stage build), creating images and Docker containers and troubleshooting.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing a complete automation solution and involved in development of test environment on Docker containers and configuring the Docker containers using Kubernetes.
- Managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters along with installing of Docker using Docker toolbox. Created Docker images using Docker file, also deployed application in PKS Environment.
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds into Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes. Used Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, templatize Kubernetes manifests, provide a set of configuration parameters to customize the deployment and Managed releases of Helm packages
- Installing and configuring tomcat, automating processes & procedures, tuning & troubleshooting java applications running on Linux.
- Updated & Deployed Nginx, Nginx Brotli and Apache packages using Udeploy. Automated the process of build and deployment using Jenkins and Udeploy.
- Working on Jira, Git, Artifactory, Jenkins and scripting experience using Shell Perl or Python.
- Hands on experience in customizing Splunk dashboards, visualizations, configurations, reports, Indexers and search capabilities using customized Splunk queries.
- Used AppDynamics to monitor Application performance.
- Implementing Tomcat Instances by using the Docker engine for running several Containerized AppServers; wrote Kubernetes yml files, checking the logs, troubleshooting and deploying the application.
- Developed automated processes that run daily to check disk usage and perform cleanup of file systems on UNIX environments using shell scripting and CRON.
Confidential - Fort Worth, TX
DevOps Engineer /Cloud Engineer
- Experience in Server infrastructure development on AWS Cloud, extensive usage of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Cloud Formation, Lambda, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, Dynamo DB and Cloud Trail.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates. Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Worked on creation and managing IT infrastructure and application stack using AWS Cloud Formation and writing the template file using JSON.
- Installed and configured Kubernetes, Chef Server/workstation and nodes via CLI tools and wrote Docker files to create new images based on working environments for testing purposes before deployment.
- Worked on Creation of Pods and managed using Kubernetes. Utilized Kubernetes for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build test and deploy.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT and shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant’s build.xml.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks, encrypted the data using Ansible Vault and maintained role-based access control by using Ansible Tower and Implemented IT orchestration using Ansible to run tasks in a sequence which can work on different servers.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks and securing a server with Ansible and Provisioning, deployment with Ansible and Worked on developing Ansible Go Scripts for automating regular tasks. Wrote Ansible playbooks for installing Tomcat, JBoss, Nginx, WebLogic, and WebSphere for configuring load balancers and fail over.
- Proficient with container systems like Docker and container orchestration like EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes, worked with Terraform.
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven and Worked on authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin and managing Maven repositories.
- Worked on installing of Docker using Docker toolbox and worked on creation of Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle. Implemented several Tomcat Instances by using the Docker engine for running several Containerized AppServers.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and releases of Helm packages.
- Created and maintained Python scripts for Automating Build and Deployment Process and Creating Web Based Application by Using Django Framework. Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operation
- Installed, Deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x, CentOS and installation of packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers.
DevOps AWS Cloud Platform Engineer
- Setup and builtAWSinfrastructure resources like EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Used various services of AWS for this infrastructure. I used EC2 as virtual servers to host Git, Jenkins and configuration management tool like Ansible. Converted slow and manual procedures to dynamic API generated procedures.
- Created Docker containers for Testing environment to test the applications, built Docker images automatically with Jenkins pipeline by using the plugins like CloudBees, Docker pipeline, and Amazon EC2 Plugin.
- Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins, created Local, Virtual Repositories in Artifactory for the project and release builds, repository management in Maven to share snapshots and releases of internal projects using JFrog Artifactory tool and Managed project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Configured SSH, SMTP, Build Tools, and Source Control repositories in Jenkins. Installed multiple plugins to Jenkins. Configured Proxy to get auto updates.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Prod).
- Performed SVN to Git migration with careful analysis and migrated all branches, tags, along with commit history using Git -SVN utility.
- Installed and Configured Jenkins for Continuous Integration and performed continuous deployments with push button operation mechanisms and end to end automation of Continuous Deployment and Configuration Management.
- Utilizing EBS Volumes management and snapshots for backups using script. Worked in configuring Elastic Bean Stalk for developers to quickly deploy application for testing and pushing developed code for testing.
- Used Maven as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code and developed/implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion (SVN) and GIT source control.
- Installed, configured and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server and WebSphere Application Server on Red Hat Linux.
- Used Kubernetes for automated deployments, scaling and management of containerized applications across clusters of hosts for application deployments of docker images.
- Administering and maintaining Atlassian products like JIRA, bamboo for tracking the releases, managing all the source code and integrating with Bamboo.
Build and Release Engineer
- Expertise in using built tool ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as jar & war from source code with Java build/automaton tools such as ANT and Maven.
- Used Nexus for periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery, sharing artifacts and handling dependency management within the company.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT.Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with ANT and ANT Repository (Nexus Artifactory) and Deployed the EARs and WARs in TOMCAT Application server using ANT script as a CI/CD Process.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Installed puppet Server and clients to pick up the build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Worked with Build & Release team to enhance the current process to implement a better software packaging and delivery by automation using Jenkins & puppet.
- Established Puppet Best practices approaches to systems deployment with other tools and managing Puppet as a unit of software deployment and independently version controlled.
- Implemented a Continuous Deployment pipeline with Jenkins, BitBucket, ANT, Jfrog Artifactory, and application servers like Apache, Nginx.
- Build scripts using ANT build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments also used ANT as a dependency management tool to manage all the dependencies that are required.
- Managed Git repository, code merging & production deployments. Assisted developers with, applying appropriate branching, establishing labeling conventions using Subversion, Git source control.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Installing, configuring and updating Red Hat Linux 3/4/5 and CentOS on HP ProLiant /Dell servers using kickstart & support for various applications run on Linux environment, configuration, performance tuning, patching and maintenance. Monitoring, analyzing, and responding to security events utilizing security event management and reporting tools.
- Worked with outside vendors on implementation of network switches, load balancers and traffic generators within existing configuration, setup and implementation of new configurations and integration of new technology on HP ProLiant /Dell servers.
- Administration in VERITAS Volume Manager and VERITAS Cluster Server and Maintaining DNS, Network File Services (NFS), and DHCP, printing, mail, web, and FTP services for the enterprise.
- Performed tasks on F5 load balancer like installing and renewing SSL certificates and bouncing servers with performance issues after taking them out of the server pools.
- Configured LDAP clients on server test and troubleshoot for maintaining network and data security
- Scanning the newly assigned LUNs to the serves and assigning them to volume group and increasing the file system using Red Hat volume manager.
- Installation and support of VMWARE ESX/ESXi 3.5/4.x/5.x server which hosts the virtual servers for the test/dev/staging environment.
- Installation, configuration and support VMware vSphere including networking and storage configurations, Vcenter 4/5, Update Manager, and Administering VM's across 3 Datacenters running 1800+ VM's.
- Implemented Vcenter Operations supervisor and configured the infrastructure and integrated into the environment. Installation, Configuration, Maintenance and Administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4/5/6 and SUSE Enterprise Linux.
- Build, configure Virtual Machines and templates and building, deploying the Virtual Machines from those templates in Vcenter and Configured the machines accordingly
- Configured, maintained, applied changes and fail-over schedules of HA servers running Veritas Cluster Server and Redhat Cluster Server.
- Performance tuning for VMware ESXi hosts and Virtual Machine, setting up their CPU affinity rules, allocating resources and fine-tuning storage, connecting and configuring SAN and NAS storage into the ESXi and Hyper-V servers
- Creating NTFS shares on Windows Servers and provide permissions to users.
- Installed WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat and Apache Web server binaries for different versions and related components across all environments.