- A highly motivated and experienced Network Engineer with over 10 years of experience in deploying, migrating and supporting critical multi - site redundant network environments.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to effectively communicate with team members and all levels of management and staff. Tech Savvy with rapid learning ability and strong analytical skills.
VMware: ESXi 4.0, 5.0, 5.5 & 6.0
Server Blades: Dell PowerEdge M520 and M610, Dell M1000e Chassis, Cisco UCS B Series and C Series
Storage Devices: Dell EqualLogic PS6100 Series and 6500 series
Cisco UCS Severs: UCS B-200-M3, UCS C240 M3S
Cisco Voice: CUCM 6.x, 7.x, 8.x; Cisco Unity; Cisco IP Phones - 794X, 796X phones
Servers OS and Roles: Windows 2003, 2008 R2, 2012 R2, MS SQL server 2008/2012, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, IIS Server, WSUS, Bigfix, SCCM.
Virtualization Engineer- Windows/VMware Consultant
- Supported a datacenter consolidation project: Helped move, remove and shutdown and decommission old Servers, Switches, Routers and appliances.
- Managed Decommissioning of old Windows and Unix servers: I was a point of contact of decommissioning od all servers. Created a CR to power down servers and then continue to facilitate the decommissioning process and tasks.
- Built a decommissioning documentation for the team
- Supported project deployments and troubleshooted performance issues related to ESXi, Virtual Machines, vCenter, Server 2008 and Server 2012
- Provided Tier 3 level technical expertise supporting Microsoft core technologies, such as Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, application servers, Exchange Servers, SQL servers
Senior VMWare & Windows Engineer
Confidential - Vienna, VA
- Responsible for design, deployment, and Tier 3 support of various Microsoft Windows 2008/2012/2016 server and VMware 5.5/6.0 environments
- Providing Tier 2 -3 level technical expertise supporting Microsoft core technologies, such as Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, application servers, Exchange Servers, SQL servers, and
- Assisting with IBM BigFix endpoint management suite deployment. Provide engineering and development support as well as end-user support related to IBM BigFix.
- Windows Server Patch Management using IBM BigFix
- Automation and generating report using Powershell Scripts
- Primary support for CISCO IronPort Cluster.
- Monitored and Managed Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
Senior Systems Administrator
Confidential - Arlington, VA
- Administers, installs, and upgrades Windows 2003, 2008R2 and 2012 servers both physical and virtual environment
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures; contribute to and maintain system standards, policies, and procedures
- Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting system hardware, software, and operating system issues
- Ensure correct installation, configuration, use, and maintenance of our windows server infrastructure
- Strong hands-on experience with vSphere systems administration and support including VMotion, HA, DRS, VDS, Affinity rules, vCenter, storage migrations.
- Strong hands-on experience with vSphere problem determination, capacity planning and root cause analysis.
- Strong hands-on experience with vSphere Thin Provisioning, Resource Pools, and Host Profiles
- Strong hands-on experience with vSphere Standard and Distributed Switches
- Research and recommend automated approaches for system administration tasks where possible.
- Create and Maintain SOPs and train junior staff as necessary
- Self-starter; able to manage multiple tasks efficiently for on-time delivery
- Worked and is working on a multiple projects that needs powershell script automation to change the SQL service accounts on multiple environments (Development and QA)
- Successfully helped migration (promoting) of Domain controllers from 2003 to 2012. My part on this project was to change the DC IP addresses on more than 1000 servers using powershell.
Senior Windows/VMWare Administrator
Confidential - Alexandria, VA
- Installing and configuring ESXi host servers and vSphere environment
- Production VM environment: 5 Datacenter, 90+ ESXi hosts, 20+ clusters and over 800 VMs
- Lab and Dev VM environment: 3 Datacenter, 9 Clusters, 40+ ESXi hosts, and over 800 VMs
- Successfully migrated Dev, QA and Prod VM environment from ESXi 5.1 to 5.5
- Ensure proper settings are set within the Cluster, HA/DRS for high computing VMs
- Windows Server Templates
- Deploying Virtual Servers
- VMware Virtualization Resource Management- Resource Pooling, Memory Ballooning, Resource allocation and Snapshots
- Troubleshooting ESX performance host and vCenter performance
- Killing and Restarting Host Processes (vmware-serverd e.t.c, troubleshooting vCenter host disconnects)
- Server Migration- VMware Converter P2V and V2V
- Operation of High Availability(HA), Dynamic Resource Scheduling(DRS) and VMotion
- VMware Update Manager.- Updating ESX Hosts and Updating VM Tools
- Storage/Backup technologies (Snapshots, Storage VMotion, Storage Migration) Cloning
- Hardware Troubleshooting and Fault Isolation: Dell Open Manage Tools and Diagnostics; RAID Failure Remediation; Driver, Firmware and BIOS Updates; placing a H/W service call to DTI or hardware vendors.
- Windows Server Performance monitoring using Task manager, Perfmon, NetIQ, TeamQuest and Free Disk cleanup script
- Troubleshooting windows/application/service hang/crashed services, Windows debugging, logging and memory dump configuration, disk space management
- Windows 2012, Windows 2008 OS Installation.
- RAID 1/5 Setup and Partitioning (Disk Tools-Diskpart e.tc.)
- Troubleshooting OS Installation, Windows Activation, SysPrep, Cloning and Ghosting
- Robocopy and XCopy Tools
- Share and File Level Permissions, NTFS File and Share permissions. Printing and Application installation.
- NIC Teaming
Network | Systems Administrator
Confidential - Washington, DC
- Provide high level administration and maintenance for IT systems and server infrastructure supporting multiple users across multiple domains.
- Build, install and configure server blades: this includes updating the blades’ firmware, install VMware ESXi (5.0 and 5.5)
- Planned, installed and configured 5+ vCenter Servers, 60+ Blades and 300+ virtual machines.
- Troubleshoot and resolve enterprise virtualization problems.
- Advanced Working knowledge building, deploying and installing Microsoft Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, 2008R2, 2012.
- Advanced experience in using Active Directory for managing multiple domain environments.
- Works with server team members on server design, configuration, testing and implementation on various Dell server platforms and storage related hardware (Dell, HP, and IBM).
- Experience with Dell EquaLogic storage devices (SANS) with enterprise applications; install and configure end to end environment including cabling Storage, Network and Server as well as load necessary operating system and build application on top ensuring optimized performance is achieved.
- Windows administration, patch deployment and system configuration
- Configuring Cisco routers and switches, experience with EIGRP and OSPF routing, troubleshooting of LAN/WAN, Frame Relay and T1 related issues
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Access layer switches, enabling switch pot access to establish connectivity
- Adding new VLANS, configuring and troubleshooting of VLANS in a switched networks
- Experience with Dell NetVault backup technologies, storage networks/ storage systems of 300+ server
- Draft, coordinate and finalize documentation to ensure the integration of virtualization within the Enterprise. This includes accurate documentation of capabilities.
- Analyze and report outages and corrective actions
- Utilized Tenable Nessus to examine all information assurancevulnerabilitieson all Servers. Analyzed notification alerts and weeklyvulnerabilityassessmentscan results and provided guidance to system owners of requiring system patch management.
- Performed analysis and reporting onvulner abilities of supported systems to ensure corrective actions are taken to remediate and/or mitigate each weakness or absence.
Confidential - Washington, DC
- Assists with installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and administration of existing network systems.
- Provide configuration and management of Active Directory, group policy objects, and accounts administration for Windows servers' 2008 R2 and 2003.
- Performed Windows 2003 Server activities, to include Installing and monitoring Active Directory, DNS, WINS, and DHCP services.
- Provided technical support with resolving issues with Windows Server 2003, Active Directory, and Exchange 2003 messaging servers.
- Remote system management using remote control applications (VNC, WebEx, LogMeIn, etc.)
- Maintain management of replication for 50 plus active ships and sites - that includes configuring automated replication transmission, maintain current replication email address for each site, and resolve replication issue
- Work directly with clients (users) in all locations, investigate and resolve issues related to the NS5 database system
- Analyze MySQL database and system logs and proactively troubleshoot issues
- Create a new MySQL database for new sites, cut new MySQL DBs for existing sites, load and test them
- Set up, configure and manage a testing environment for NS5 (MySQL database) software upgrades, hotfixes and patches
- Perform upgrades and fresh installations of NS5 software and associated database for all Maritime Administration servers
- Perform a monthly database backup of the US Maritime Administration servers
- Performed weekend maintenance tasks to include installing patches, upgrades, and security updates.
- Provided maintenance of Exchange 2003 mailboxes and information stores which included defragging and compacting using ESEUTIL utility.
- Worked with the networkmanager in planning, designing and upgrading USPTO Training network infrastructure also providespostnetworkupgrade technical support.
- Configured user and computer Accounts in Active Directory and ensured appropriate Domain Access.
- Deploying desktops and laptops using Microsoft USMT Tool and Altiris PCT Transplant Tool
- Performing an unattended Windows XP installation, Deploying Service Packs using Altiris
Technical Support Engineer - Tier 3
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of computers including, but not limited to, desktops, monitors, laptops, printers, scanners and other devices
- Troubleshoot all PC and network issues relating to hardware, software, and user errors
- Installed applications, patches, devices, memory on laptops and desktops
- Diagnose and troubleshoots serious virus infections, spyware issues, and optimizes work station performance using industry best practice methodologies, processes, and tools while maintaining workstation security policies and operational status.
- Install and configure software like Matrox, Pivot Pro for multiple monitor use and for rotating monitors to any 360 deg position respectively
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, document, and resolve technical issues surrounding in-house software applications like OACS, Edan, EAST and other Patent Examiners toolkit
- Evaluates new software and hardware to insure proper implementation and maintenance procedures
- Installing and supporting Windows XP professional, Win 2000 Server & professional and Windows 2003 Server
- Providing virus detection and removal services, as well as diagnosis and troubleshooting of network interface hardware and software
- Troubleshoot and resolved desktop problems log and updated trouble tickets using Remedy ARS
- Creating new Active Directory users, managing Active Directory Group
- Manage Local Groups and User in the Active Directory
- Supporting users on applications using SMS tool
- Troubleshooting and resolving Blackberry clients, Palm PDA devices, helping them with setting up and configure their blackberry with Outlook to synchronize their emails