- Total 11+ years of experience as Linux/Unix System Administration & Having 6+ years of experience as SME DevOps Engineer, 5+ years of AWS and all its tools used, 5+ years of experience in Site Reliability Engineering, 5+ years of experience in WebLogic Administration, in Information Technology with Unix/Linux and Middleware Engineering, Design, Build and Operational support for Infrastructure Management.
- Good analysis, communication, administration, team co - ordination and interpersonal skills.
- Strong experience in shell scripting/programming language (bash/csh/tcsh shell).
- Migration experience app2cloud at private/hybrid & AWS cloud environment.
- Experience in Technical Leads, Project management, and People management.
- Created continuous integration system using Ant, Jenkins, Ruby Chef full automation, Continuous Integration, faster and flawless deployments.
- Has practical applied knowledge in certain key technical areas such as virtualized environments, high availability, and storage management.
- Experience working on performance tuning, troubleshooting production issues involving multi-tier architecture solution.
- Responsible for the achievement of SLA objectives and ensuring that compliance with contract terms and conditions is achieved. Drive/manage service quality and improvement of service delivery processes.
- Responsible for providing RCA to the client as per issue.
- Responsible for the achievement of Customer Satisfaction objectives for services delivered by the team.
- Responsible for ensuring that team delivers projects that are technically sound and comply with defined standards and procedures.
- Responsible to fix security non-compliance alert remediation and provide a permanent solution
- Gives technical support and consultancy to other teams as required.
- Experience in Business continuity and Disaster Recovery planning and its execution
- Provide architectural designs for cloud-based infrastructure.
- Strong in Unix/Linux Infrastructure Administration activities and its automation
- Deep understanding for WebLogic Administration, installation, configuration & it’s deployment (GUI, Console and Silent modes). WLST for automation of WebLogic & it’s domain creation/configuration.
- Well versed with webservers & reverse proxies like Apache iPlanet & haproxy
- Familiarity with LDAP (light weight access protocol) and its queries.
- Followed best practices for secure our environment by better sudoers mechanism in place
- Mastery in all kind of package installation over Linux/Unix environment
- Good understanding of end-to-end content lifecycle, web content management, content publishing/deployment, and delivery processes
- Having excellent knowledge & understanding on network & firewall tools & technologies
- Followed best practices for our environment to be compliant.
- Excellent team player with good communication and written skills
- Self-motivated team player with excellent problem-solving skills and ability to learn new technologies and tools quickly.
Operating System: Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu), Unix (Solaris/AIX), MacOS
Versioning Tools: GIT, CVS, Tortoise SVN
Bug Tracking Tools: Service Now, HP Quality Center, Remedy, JIRA
CI Tools: Chef, Jenkins
Programming Languages: Unix Shell scripting, Java, C, C++, Ruby
Storage: NetApp NAS (Network attached storage), AWS S3, Glacier, sdf volume
Web Server: iPlanet 6.1 & 7.0, Apache 2.2 & 2.4
Middleware Application: WebLogic Application Server 8.1 through 12cR2, WebSphere Application Server
Scheduler: Cron, Jenkins
User Authentication: NIS/LDAP
Monitoring Tool: HP SiteScope, New Relic, Graphite, Sensu, Splunk (log monitoring)
Other Tool: Putty, Tomcat, Node.js, python, Kafka, RabbitMQ
Confidential - Richfield, MN
System / DevOps / Site Reliability - Engineer
- Hands-on application management and support for AWS cloud and on-prem production environments, including full-stack diagnosis, fault resolution and root cause analysis
- Proactive monitoring of production systems and identify issues before service impact.
- Drive and Implement monitoring tools/metrics/reports for tracking application/service performance
- Collaborate with engineering and system teams to drive changes and ensure optimal application performance and resiliency. service and system performance analysis, service capacity planning, and service continuity validation for multiple applications.
- Implement automated scripts/tools to automate operational tasks/activities.
- Review and influence design, architecture, standards, and methods for deploying, monitoring and operating services and applications.
- Actively participate and/or commit in the execution of tasks required to meet milestones and deliverables set by the SCRUM team throughout the release cycle.
- Design, develop, and improve cloud infrastructure
- Represent operations and standardize best practices on infrastructure
- Manage a multi-origin, zero-downtime, highly scalable web infrastructure
- Build, scale, and secure infrastructure, focusing on fully automated Linux environment
- Develop operational practice for technologies like Opscode Chef, multiple Public Cloud platforms, Basho Riak, Cassandra, Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, Sensu, Splunk, Graphite, Solr
- Perform zero-downtime deployments across multiple globally distributed origins
- Build solutions or use leading open-source technologies including Opscode Chef cookbooks
- Participate in a L2-L3 rotating 24/7 on call schedule, roughly one week out every six
- Automate the provisioning of environments cooking up some recipes with Chef, or through Terraform, and deployment of those environments using cloud formation templates and containers like Docker
- Create and maintain documentation of different AWS environments and service usage
- Design and develop automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting reviews to ensure work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and accessing the overall quality of delivered components
Confidential - Waukesha, WI
DevOps (Chef) / Infrastructure & Automation Engineer
- Team management & multiple Projects handling.
- Install, setup Chef on-premise at enterprise level and maintenance.
- Migrate services from on-premise to multiple clouds (Hybrid & AWS).
- Automatic code deployment & its configuration using chef (DevOps CI tool) inside network & at cloud environment with mentoring others in team.
- Chef auto-deployment of various infrastructure packages like RabbitMQ etc
- Create, implement, and maintain security policies and data bags to ensure compliances
- Write codes on Chef for auto provisioning infrastructure, installation of software has and services
- Take a lead role in collaboratively maintaining cookbooks in the Chef supermarket as well as in the in-house repository
- Ensure core recipes are supported on multiple Linux flavors and its platforms.
- Create and maintain knowledge base.
- Verify infrastructure automation meets compliance goals and is current with disaster recovery plan.
- Mentor and train entry and intermediate level staff in the practice and community.
- Contribute to fine tuning the change management process for reliability and speed.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and analyst/consultant, to understand project needs, gather & document requirements.
- Help clients understand the best mix of technologies, design solutions and services and how they should be delivered to maximize effectiveness.
- Be responsible for CI/CD implementation using SCM tools.
- Implement different components of infrastructure (Monitoring, Logs Management, Consolidation tools etc.).
- Be responsible for infrastructure planning, scaling, and monitoring process implementation.
- Educate teams on technical and workflow considerations of Docker adoption.
- Source control versioning using CVS, SVN, GIT.
- Good hands experience using MAVEN and ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (jar, war, ear) from source code.
- Exposed to all aspects of SDLC (software development life cycle) such as Analysis, planning, design, developing, testing & implementing it.
- Cloud to SaaS Platform like AWS, Service Now
- Apache web-server installation & it is all configuration deployment with chef itself.
- Always maximize use of chef-DevOps tool as CI so that environment can be efficient and stable and time saving for upcoming stuff
- Security implementation of iptables & login mechanism over LDAP and all this handled by chef to maintain consistency & stability across infrastructure
- Make build via Jenkins & deploy it automatically from it.
- Jenkins use for scheduling jobs excellent collaboration & coordination with several teams to get various projects release work get done.
- Train the junior/other team members with tools & technology we used in our environment
- Link applications and its changed nature to CMDB for better supportability mechanism in place in our such big environment where it has lot of dependencies, like Network/Firewall/DNS/LDAP/DB etc
- Prepare documentation at organizational wiki-page & have make sure we all as team keep it up to date.
- Understanding on issues (like performance) and troubleshooting them at both non-cloud & cloud-based infrastructure and provide right solution(s).
- Monitoring the whole infrastructure & its performance using HP SiteScope monitoring tool.
- Very strong on Unix/Linux administration and maintenance skills.
- Involve in deep analysis for Infrastructure related issues and get them resolved on time under pressure.
- Good hands on various versions of WebLogic installation, configuration and maintenance.
- Knowledge of WebLogic installation of all 3 modes - GUI, Console and Silent mode
- Creating cluster for WebLogic which helps ultimately for high availability of application for running business without interruption.
- Implement security policies for the system using WebLogic so that unauthorized can be avoided.
- Nice understanding of ear, war, jar WebLogic deployments - stage, no-stage, external stage mode
- Administration and configuration of iplanet, apache, Microsoft iis web servers proficient in developing scripts using the shell and wlst technologies
- Excellent troubleshooting skill for any issues comes to our way tcpdump & snoop for packet capture and analyze them using WireShark tool
- Implementation of jdbc connection pool and multipool configuration in WebLogic
- Installation for vnc-server, vnc-client, x-windows server for X related stuff
- Chef to automate infrastructure tools & packages sudoers setup for system level access security mechanism implementation installation of packages using rpm and yum
- Well understanding on Network, Firewall & F5 load balancer
- Specialist in migration whole environment. rsync to synch the data
- Working experience with Hypervisor (VMWare) for all virtualization needs.
- Linux version el5, el6, el7 work experience
- Find and mitigate vulnerability in the infrastructure
- Work on networking & security implementation
- Developing python scripts for various automation of infrastructure needs
- Wrote python scripts to parse XML documents.
- Python/Bash Scripting for automation and monitoring system processes.
- Evaluated architecture proposals for data migration. Designed a serverless data ingestion pipeline leveraging multiple AWS services, which was the most cost-efficient solution that reduces workload by 30% and affordable for a DevOps team to execute and operate.
- Mentored cloud engineers on application failover / failback test across AWS regions. Drove the progress and achieved the targeted goal of error-free transition
- Troubleshot and resolved web application issues resulting from customers and other departments with a high success rate. solutions for some of the Major organizations on AWS Cloud Operating Systems CentOS/RHEL 5.x 6.x 7.x
- Experience working on administering various AWS Services using AWS management Console, AWSCLI and using Amazon API using python, Node.js & Java.
- Experience working on Migrations from On-Prem to AWS Cloud.
- JFrog Artifactory repository used for Jenkins Build & it’s deployment process
- GitLab & Git repository for more automated way for CI/CD deployments
- Jenkins build compilation using Maven
- Sonar Cube for static analysis of code to detect bugs, code smells and security vulnerabilities
- Manage Infrastructure with AWS IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) & Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Terraform safely and predictably create, change, and improve infrastructure
- Being GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation compliance)
- Follow ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) processes & it’s standards
Infra Sr. SME
- TESTING (QAT/NXQAT) Environment set up Including: -
- Code Drops (Application Deployments)
- True Ups
- Troubleshooting Defects Thread dump, via log files etc
- Domain Creation
- Environment configurations setup
- User (Realms administration creation, defining roles etc
- Windows and SQL Authentication for the users
- Logs Management.
- Shell Scripting
- On call Support for 24*7 (On weekends)
- Application backup with tar and zip.
- Space and log files monitoring.
- New UAT / SIT / PROD Environment set up Including: -
- Domain creation and Clustering.
- Environment configurations setup.
- Connection Pool / Data source configuration.
- JMS services configurations.
- Application Deployment.
- User (Realms administration creation, defining roles etc .
- Logs Management.
- Performance Tuning jdbc, threads, heap, network parameters etc
- Node Manager Configuration
- Machine (Node) configuration
- Troubleshooting Heap, GC, thread dump, via log files etc
- On call Production Support for 24*7 (On rotational basis)
- Creation of implementation plans for production activities, present in Change Advisory Board, Attend Red Team Review.
- Prod and Pre-Prod Block Point (System Maintenance) meetings
- Application level RCA
- Change Request Implementation (PROD, UAT, SIT)
- Block points and system maintenance
- Application backup with tar and zip.
- Space and log files monitoring.
- Process management.