- Skilled professional with 8+ years of experience in CI/CD (Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment) process, Strong background in Linux/Unix, Build and Release Management and Cloud Automation like GCP, AWS environment using Terraform, Cloud formation.
- Design and Implement a complete cloud services framework (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and Cloud deployment.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of Source Control Management Systems such as Git and Sub Version (SVN). Created tags and branches, fixed merge issues and administered software repositories.
- Develop terraform configurations and terraform modules for infrastructure provisioning for GCP, AWS
- Expertise in various AWS services like EC2, VPC, Auto Scaling, ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, SNS, RDS, Dynamo DB, OpsWorks, AWS Code Deploy, Cloud Front, SQS, EBS, S3, Route53, Elastic IP’s Lambda, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch and IAM.
- In - depth understanding of principles of software configuration management (SCM), CI/CD in Agile, SCRUM and Waterfall Methodologies.
- Extensively worked on continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Hudson, Team city and Bamboo for end-to-end automation of various build and deployments.
- Integrating Jenkins with Testing Frameworks like Junit, SOAP and Cucumber.
- Experience on Installing and configuring, Apache Tomcat and MySQL database via Chef as per the requirements.
- Experience with security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems
- Experience in Google cloud platform (GCP) automation and services like Compute Engine Storage buckets, Instance groups, VPC Networks and VPC peering, on prem Interconnects, Cloud SQL, Cloud routers, Big query, Firewalls rules, Cloud SQL, IAM.
- Expertise with Automation of Build Docker images, have deployed various Applications through Docker Containers and maintaining different versions in private registries.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm, and Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Experience in creating the company's DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux (RHEL, CentOS) servers and windows.
- Hands on experience using Maven and ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts from source code and static code analysis.
- Good hands-on experience with DevOps configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Established Chef Best practice approaches to systems deployment with tools such as vagrant and test-kitchen and the treatment of each Chef cookbook as a unit of software deployment, independently version controlled.
- Well versed with many different concepts of Chef like Roles, Environments, Data Bags, Knife, Chef Server Admin/Organizations.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that include the installation and configuration of the Puppet Master, Agent Nodes and Admin Control Workstation.
- Knowledge of networking concepts (DNS, TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, SSH, OSI layers, Client/Server architecture and Firewalls).
- Created scripts for system administration using languages such as Bash, PowerShell, Python, Ruby and XML. Also developed and maintained shell scripts for build and release ELK, NAGIOS and CloudWatch tasks.
- Hands on experience on working with System health and performance Monitoring Tools like Nagios, Splunk, CloudWatch and Elasticsearch.
- Hands on experience on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Strong knowledge on Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing Directory structure and managing containers.
- Installation, Configuration and Management of RDBMS and NoSQL tools such as SQL Server, MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, MongoDB& Cassandra.
- Working experience on Automation Testing frameworks like Selenium.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, dedicated and understanding the demands of system maintenance and has good customer support experience and always ready to discuss on latest changes in technology and their automation concepts.
- Experienced in supporting 7x24 production computing environments, on-call and weekend support.
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux/CentOS 5.x/6.x/7, Sun Solaris 11/10, Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
Source Code Management Tools: Git, GitHub, SVN, CVS, Bitbucket
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Continuous Integration Tool: Jenkins, Bamboo
Build Tools: Maven, ANT
Containerization Tool: Docker, Kubernetes
Languages/Scripting: Java/J2EE, Shell, Ruby, Python, PHP
Databases: MySQL, SQL Server, No SQL, Mongo DB
Virtualization Tools: VMware ESXi, Xen Server, Aws/Ec2, Docker
App/Web Servers: Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, JBOSS
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Clear Quest, Bugzilla, New Relic
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, Java Script, XML
Cloud Platform: Amazon Web Services, AZURE, Google Cloud
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, AWS CloudWatch, Splunk, New Relic
Confidential, San Mateo, CA
Cloud /DevOps Engineer
- Expertise in Amazon AWSCloud Administration which includes services: EC2, Cloud Watch, S3, EBS, VPC, RDS, ELB, Route 53, SNS, SQS, Lambda, DynamoDB, Auto Scaling, Security Groups, ECS, Kinesis, RedShift and Cloud Formation.
- Develop terraform configurations and terraform modules for AWS resource provisioning
- Setting up private networks and sub-networks using Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and creating a security groups to associate with the networks
- Involved in working on the environments of AWS like EC2, Elastic Search, VPC, Subnets, Routing tables, Internet gateways, IAM, Route53, VPC peering, S3, ELB, RDS, Security Groups, Cloud Watch, SNS on AWS.
- Performed Branching, Merging, Tagging and Release Activities on Version Control Tool, GIT.
- Used ANT and Maven as build tools on Java, PHP projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Experience on TFS with SCM like TFS, Git and build like XAML Build, TFS Build, Deployment using Octopus deployment, TFS Integration with Jenkins, Jira.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Developed strategies and supported tools to create an efficient automated integration and release process using Jenkins.
- Worked extensively with different Bug tracking tools like Jira and Bugzilla.
- Created inventory inAnsiblefor automating the continuous deployment and wrote Playbooks using YAML scripting.
- Setup and maintenance of automated environment using Chef recipes & cookbooks within AWS environment.
- Used AWS lambda to run servers without managing them and to trigger to run code by S3 and SNS. Used Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy into AWS.
- Provisioning, managing and deployment using Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Experience with setting up Chef Infrastructure, bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence in Chef SCM.
- Experience in working with data bags, attributes, cookbooks, recipes and templates in Chef.
- Automated the front-ends platform into highly scalable, consistent, repeatable infrastructure using high degree of automation using Chef, Jenkins, and Cloud Formation.
- Written cookbooks for installing Tomcat, WebLogic, JBOSS, WebSphere, JDK etc. and for configuring load balancers and fail over.
- Created and managed multiple Instances of Apache Tomcat and deployed several test applications in those instances in QA environment.
- Created images and stored in the Docker containers and uploaded to the Docker hub.
- Implemented Docker -maven-plugin in and maven POM.XML to build Docker images for all microservices and later used Docker file to build the Docker images from the java jar files.
- Developed procedures to unify, streamline and automate application development and deployment procedures with Linux container technology using Docker.
- Worked on Kubernetes and Docker images to provide platform as service on private and public cloud in VMware Cloud.
- Development of automation of Kubernetes clusters with Ansible, writing playbooks.
- Integrated of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Programmatically Creating Jenkins job using REST API and Creating jobs using CLI, Integrating several tools with plugins.
- Involved in development of Test environment on Docker containers and configuring the Docker containers using Kubernetes.
- Experience in writing Automation scripts using the python, shell and ruby.
- Experience in monitoring System/Application Logs of server using Splunk to detect Prod issues.
- Monitoring of EC2 instances using Nagios. Involved in Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Experience on call service Nagios monitoring 24/7 and writing custom scripts of Nagios and experience on DynaTrace.
- Reproduced complex environments to replicate issues and eventually resolutions to difficult issues.
Environment: AWS, AWS IAM, AWS EC2, AWS S3, AWS cloud watch, Route 53, Nginx, ANT, Maven, SVN, GIT, GitHub, TFS, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Nagios, Splunk, New Relic, Jenkins, Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, JBOSS, JSON, Java/J2EE, Bash, Shell, Python, PHP, Ruby.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Design and implemented CI/CD pipelines for complete automation
- Highly skilled in deployment, data security and troubleshooting of the applications using Google cloud platform (GCP) automation and services like Compute Engine Storage buckets, Instance groups, VPC Networks and VPC peering, on prem Interconnects, Cloud SQL, Cloud routers, Big query, Firewalls rules, Cloud SQL, IAM.
- Experience with GCS and data pipelines using Dataproc, Dataflow and Pub Sub services and working with Big query to create Data sets and tables.
- Develop and design Infrastructure as code using terraform for various GCP services
- Used GIT, Maven, Jenkins and JIRA as tools for day to day build & release cycles. Converted and automated builds using Maven and Ant. Scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins.
- Managed the software configurations using Enterprise Ansible.
- Used Ansible playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery pipeline. This primarily consists of a Jenkins and Sonar server, the infrastructure to run these packages and various supporting software components such as Maven, etc.
- Setup the Ansible Workstation, Ansible server and Ansible nodes.
- ManagedKubernetescharts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of theKubernetesapplications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and Managed releases of Helm packages
- Container management using Docker by writingDockerfilesand set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed byKubernetes, Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker. Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of theCI/CDsystem to build, test deploy.
- Experience using Kubernetes Engine and administrate Kubernetes clusters in GCP design networks for Kubernetes PODS Services, Ingress and Egress rules
- Activity involved Cloud to Cloud Migration from Azure to GCP and On prem Data centers to GCP
- Managed servers on the Microsoft Azure Platform Azure Virtual Machines instances using Puppet Configuration Management. Created Puppet manifests, profiles and roles modules to automate system operations.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Designed, configured and deployed Azure automation scripts for a multitude of applications utilizing the Azure stack (Including Compute, Web Mobile, Blobs, ADF, Resource Groups, HDInsight Clusters, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, and ARM), Services and Utilities focusing on Automation.
- Installation, Configuration and upgradation of Azure services by using automation to reduce manual effort.
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling.
- Experienced with Docker container service.
- Involved in building own PaaS with Docker, deployed various applications through Docker containers.
- Worked with various scripting languages like Shell, Ruby, PHP and Python. Wrote Python scripts for pushing data from Mongo DB to MySQL Database.
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Nagios and Splunk.
- Migrated Splunk from a search head pool to a fully clustered environment.
- Doing capacity Assessment for new requests of servers i.e. calculating CPU and Memory for new servers according to the current/future Applications running on the system.
Environment: GCP, Azure, ANT, Maven, Nexus, Jenkins, GIT, SVN, JIRA, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, SonarQube, Nagios, Splunk, Web services, Shell, python and ruby scripting, J2EEE, SQL, MYSQL, TFS, windows, Linux.
- Developed build using Maven as build tools and used CI tools to kick off the builds move from one environment to other environments.
- Implement test automation framework into CI/CD pipeline using TFS and TeamCity.
- Managed the Source Code to have Latest Version of code available from the production releases.
- Create and Maintain Subversion Branching, Merging and Tagging across each.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Production releases and performs builds using Hudson Continuous Integration using Maven Scripts.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- SCM Policies are implemented by defining Build and Release Management, Change Management, Version Management and Deploying.
- Wrote Python and Bash scripts to perform deploys dynamic content to Tomcat Webserver and WebSphere App Servers.
- Managing Daily Builds, Weekly Builds, Nightly Builds and Builds on fortnight basis.
- Troubleshoot the issues raised in Jenkins while using for continuous integration and deployment.
- Integrated Jenkins with different code quality analysis tools like Cobertura, Find Bugs, and Check style.
- Conducting analysis on ANT build projects for conversion and converting to Maven build projects.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Installed Chef-Server Enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation/Bootstrapped the Nodes using Knife.
- Worked on Installation and configuration, monitoring tools Nagios for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status.
- Used Maven as abuildtool on java projects for the development ofbuildartifacts on the source code.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge and worked with Upgradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Worked with JIRA for creating Projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the projects & Created Mail handlers and notification Schemes for JIRA.
- Experience in working on source controller tools like Subversion (SVN), GitHub. And, analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for SVN and Git and Maintained history of all the repositories using Subversion and Git.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server using SQL, PL/SQL for data integrity.
- Performs primary validation of the applications and Identify, troubleshoot the issues on daily deployments.
System Admin/Support Engineer
- Executed the release Runbooks and coordinated release maintenance tasks for the applications
- Involved in writing and organizing Shell and Perl scripting for building complex software systems.
- Support systems and performance
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker
- Proficiency with Automating Shell Scripts. Worked as a single point of contact for the testing team for various business/application related queries.
- Experience with production releases and support for any issues
- Proficient in JVM performance fine tuning and other performance enhancement techniques.
- Hands on experience in maintaining WebLogic in preproduction, Dev, QA and staging environments.
- Experience on performing User Acceptance Test (UAT).
- Configured and administered connection pools for JDBC connections.
Environment: Environment: RedHat Linux, SUSE Linux, SAN, NFS, Debian servers, GIT, Jenkins, CI/CD, Puppet, Chef, ANT, JIRA, Python.