Operating Systems and Software: Solaris, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Redhat, Ubuntu, Windows XP - 7Samba, VMware, VirtualBox, Postfix, Active Directory, Sendmail, Bind shell scripting, ssh, sftp, scp, xvm Ops Center, SOGo, nginx, MariaDB, dovecot ngios, nginx, Vontu data loss protection, nessus, nmap
Enterprise Availability Engineer
- Responsible for managing the lifecycle of problems.
- Uncover root cause of problems, build known error database, minimize impacts of incidents, proactively prevent problems through alert review.
- Write continuing service improvements.
Remote Support Technician
- Provide phone support for wireless devices for non - technical users for major ISP.
- Troubleshoot Linux modems and wifi routers.
- Troubleshoot ethernet and 802.11 connectivity issues.
- Coordinate field support and technical installations.
- Oversees day-to-day operations and manage a team of technicians.
- Planned and implemented network and server upgrades or migrations.
- Installed and maintained firewalls using OpenBSD pf, Firewalls are install in fail-over mode using carp for high availability.
- Installed and maintained Brightmail anti-spam and content filtering.
- Configured filtering for HIPPA and PHI filtering and alerting for email and instant messaging.
- Used Vontu add-on module for data loss prevention.
- Developed training classes for staff on medical records and HIPPA and the use of text messaging and PHI.
- Audited scheduling and billing software and processes for security and best practices.
- Developed medical record keeping processes for compliance for Medicare and Florida Agency for Heath Care Administration regulations.
- Maintained antivirus software on workstations and servers using clamAV.
- Developed disaster recovery plans and patient evacuation plans per state regulations.
- Subject matter expert on IDS/IPS. Responsible for presentations, product demos and proof of concepts for the Snort IPS product line.
- Installed and configured Confidential 's Snort IPS Linux based appliances and trained clients on use and configuration of the IPS product.
- Worked with clients on the integration of Snort alerts into Security Information and Event Management systems such as ArcSight, McAfee, Confidential and SolarWinds.
- Made presentations and demos for Confidential clamAV.
- Assisted customers testing Open Source Snort on Linux.
- Responsible for presentations, product demos and proof of concept for Solaris x86, xVM Opt Center, xVM Server, VDI and Sun Connection.
- This product group allows the virtualization of Solaris, Linux and Windows operating systems on the xVM hypervisor.
- Automated installation of virtualized Red Hat Linux on xVM server using Kickstart.
- The Sun VDI software is a broker for desktop virtualization. xVM Ops Center is the datacenter automation tool for discovering and managing physical and virtual assets. Sun xVM Server can import VMDK and VHD images in order to interoperate with VMware ESX server and Hyper-V.
- Demos and proof of concepts included importation or installation of virtual machines, patching, creating hardening scripts, installation of applications of the various operating systems.
- Because the xVM product line competed directly with VMware products familiarity with VMware was required.
Senior Sales Engineer
Confidential, New York, NY
- Responsible for presentations, product demos, proof of concept for enterprise and large enterprise customers.
- Product specialties included Enterprise Vault, Confidential Mail Security (BrightMail) product line, Vontu data loss prevention software and Instant Messaging Manager.
- The discovery process of the sales cycle included understanding the current mail and spam situation.
- Then uncovering the particular industry requirements for messaging such as retention requirements, HIPAA or Sarbanes-Oxley. Next would be to define any proprietary data. Once this was accomplished a complete in bound/out bound system was constructed to match policy requirements. In bound mail was filtered for spam and malware.
- Any mail or instant messages that were flagged by various policies would be copied and archived using Enterprise Vault.
- All structured and unstructured data that could represent proprietary data was loaded to prevent data leakage at the network edge.
- All of these tools could be integrated with the Confidential Endpont security Suite.
- Work with customers to install BrightMail on Linux servers or configure and install the BrightMail product on Linux based appliances
- Installed and configured TurnTide anti-spam product based on FreeBSD and later Linux appliances.
Senior Security Engineer
Confidential, New York, NY
- Install, configure and maintain Cisco intrusion detection sensors, Intruvert IPS, Cisco PIX firewalls and netForensics security information manager.
- Provide security consulting and network monitoring for 40,000 host government healthcare environment.
- Prepare weekly reports, daily vulnerability updates and real time security alerts to department managers and network administrators.
- Provide product security evaluations.
- Conducted quarterly network and end point vulnerability scans.
- Installed and maintained netForensics applications on Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers.
- Installed and maintained Nagios on Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Installed and supported company's line of content filtering, anti-virus, anti-spam and smart card products.
- Installed and supported Linux based appliances.
- Installed and supported Solaris based mail relays.
- Configured CheckPoint firewalls for use with CheckPoint Content Vectoring Protocol devices.
- Wrote utilities for managing Linux systems.
- Sales presentations and product line demonstrations.
- Presales installation, evaluation and support.
- Consulted on network design and capacity planning. VAR product training and support. Sales Engineer.
- Installations of eToken and RSA SecurID token authentication products.