- Overall, 5 years of experience in IT Industry with ability to accomplish all aspects of the software configuration management (SCM) process, DevOps, and Build/Release management.
- Extensive experience in Linux/Unix system Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble shooting on RHEL and Ubuntu.
- Experience in Server infrastructure development on AWS Cloud, extensive usage of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, EC2, RDS, S3, Route53, SNS, SQS, and Cloud Trail.
- Ability to manage SCM processes which include compiling, packaging, deploying and application configurations.
- Expertise in Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Puppet, Docker, Ansible.
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management).
- Extensive experience in using Version control systems includes Subversion (SVN), GIT, and Clear case.
- Experience programming languages Python,Java, and Linux/Unix.
- Expertise in using build tools like Maven, ANT and Gradle for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Experience in managing the artifacts generated by Maven in the Nexus repository.
- Involved in the functional usage and deployment of applications in WebLogic and Apache Tomcat Server and Cassandra.
- Has extensive knowledge of the scripting including different languages Shell, Perl and python.
- Used Shell, python, bash scripts to automate the infrastructure using Chef, Ansible.
- Design and Implemented Cloud Orchestration solution using AWS EC2, Docker andKubernetes.
- Good understanding of managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Good experience in converting build.xml into pom.xml to build the applications using Maven.
- Strong command on source controller concepts such as Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Experience in creating Splunk dashboard for collecting logs.
- Efficient experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository managers for Maven builds.
- Strong ability to Troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Good knowledge on Java OOP’s concepts like Inheritance, Encapsulation, Abstraction and Polymorphism.
- Ability to grasp latest technologies and to properly apply new tools to build applications.
- Good Interpersonal Skills, team - working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions.
Operating systems: Linux (Red Hat 4.x, 5.x, 6.x,7.x), WINDOWS NT/2000/2003/XP/ VISTA/7, UNIX - Sun Solaris v 9, 10, Ubuntu 12.x,13.x,14.x,15.x
Programming / Scripting languages: Shell, Ruby, C, C++, XML, PL/SQL, Java, HTML, Perl, PowerShell, Python.
Web Servers / Application Servers: Apache2.0/2.2/2.4, Apache Tomcat5.5/6.0/7.0, WebLogic, WebSphere, NginixJBOSS, My SQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MS Access, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, DB2, HP ILO.
Tools: Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, XLDeploy, XLRelease, Maven, CVS, SVN, GIT, Nexus, NagiosVagrant, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Splunk.
Virtualization: VMware ESX, ESXi, vSphere 4 and vSphere 5Citrix.
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g,11g, DB2, SQL Server, Mongo DB.
AWS (services): EC-2, ELB, VPC, RDS, IAM, Cloud Formation, S3, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trial, SNS, SQSSWF, EBS.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images, and handling multiple images primarily for installations and domain configuration.
- Responsible for the Installation, Configuration and Administration of JBoss/Wild fly Application Server and configured the JBoss domain on RHEL.
- Integrated AWS Cloud Watch with AWS EC2 instances formonitoringthe log files, store them and track metrics.
- Hands-on experience on Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages changes.
- MySQL container deployment in Docker using Python and monitoring of these containers.
- Responsible for deploying artifacts intoWebLogicApplication Servers for Development and Integration Test environments.
- Implemented Cloud Watch metrics on client AWS EC2, S3 resources.
- Infrastructure deployment automation usingPythonand Ansible.
- Experience in design micro services deployment using Docker andKubernetes.
- Hands on experience in creating pods and managing on the cluster environment onKubernetes
- Creating the build script using the ANT as build tool, forJava/J2EEweb applications.
- Configured JDBC connection pools and data sources for JBoss/Wildfly server instances.
- Configuring Nginx for proxy RESTful API calls to micro-services in Docker containers.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tool onjavaprojects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks for installing webservers like Apache and Nginx.
- Monitor the health and performance of production systems and applications using DataDog monitoring tool.
- Configured and setupKubernetesCluster environment with 3 masters and 5 minions.
- Monitored AWS cloud resources to collect and track metrics by using monitoring service, AWS Cloud Watch.
- Used SonarQube for continuous inspection of code quality, code coverage and unit tests.
- Worked on monitoring, apps deployment, AWSStorageand AWS EBS (Diskstorage).
- Create and manage Elastic BlockStorage(EBS) and S3 buckets Grant permission and implement versioning on S3 buckets Create AMIs of instances and snapshots.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Experience in working with GIT to store the code and integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the playbooks.
- Used Ansible for the security and compliance areas of the web application based on requirements.
Environment: Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, JBoss, Python, Java/J2EE, Maven, GIT, AWS, Kubernetes, Nginx, Data Dog, PagerDuty, Slack, SonarQube, Jira, Linux.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven in Linux environment
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the Chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Hosted the web application on AWS cloud and provided end-to-end solution to integrate into S3 Buckets.
- Experienced in Writing Chef Recipes to automate ourbuild/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Setting up client server model of Chef in development environment of OCI.
- Provided access to EC2 resources, code repositories, and other AWS resources through IAM administration.
- Worked on Marathon in deploying, scaling, and killing an application on a Docker Container for Mesos framework.
- Worked with Hashi corp Terraform to create AWS components like EC2, IAM, VPC, ELB, Security groups.
- Worked on setting up Splunk to capture and analyze data from various layers Load Balancers, Webservers, and application servers.
- Created Jenkins pipeline jobs using Groovy Jenkins file.
- Configured RDS instances using Cloud formations and Hashi corp Terraform.
- Deployed applications on WebSphere Server and maintained Load balancing, High availability and fail over functionality.
- Deployed application using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) CLI.
- Integration implementation of Jenkins, uDeploy, JIRA and Crucible for DevOps automation.
- Worked on documentation - Chef Basics, Initial setup of Chef, Data bags implementation, Coding standards, Cookbook document, testing docs.
- Server Consolidation and Migration of Applications on Oracle Enterprise and Java/J2EE Applications.
- Configuration of Jenkins, Identifying and installing required plug-ins to Jenkins, writing Groovy scripts to configure build jobs, Build Pipelines.
- AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Involved in AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based on automation Hashi corp Terraform, Python, Bash Scripts.
- Worked on setting up SSL configurations in the WebSphere environment.
- Load and performance analysis and improvements for MySQLServer and Cassandra databases.
- Converting production support scripts to Chef recipes.
- Testing of cookbooks with Chef-spec.
- Created monitors, alarms, and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Responsible for configuring management of different application layer modules.
- Responsible for Database build, release, and configuration.
- Supporting different projects build & Release SCM effort e.g., branching, tagging, merge etc.
Environment: Chef, Jenkins, Python, Java/J2EE, Groovy, Maven, AWS, Hashi corp Terraform, Mesos, WebSphere Application Server, Jira, Linux, ELK.
- Installed, configured, and administered Apache Http Server, Tomcat server and deployed applications on it.
- Building and supporting environments consisting of Testing, Development and Production.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins in Linux environment.
- Create pipelines for Jenkins jobs.
- Implementing a CI/CD using Jenkins with build tools Maven and Gradle.
- Working with Jenkins plugins. Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Work in migrating code from SVN to GIT repo (stash/bit bucket), clean the GIT repo (purging files).
- Responsible for all software builds, including continuous integration builds, nightly builds, and release builds. (Using GIT, SVN, Gerrit code review tool).
- Monitoring and performance tuning the build applications using Nagios.
- Extensively focused on managing existing applications and increasing scalability with AWS Load Balancing (ELB).
- Management and creation of Maven poms and Ant tasks.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat application Server.
- Good knowledge on Docker integration. Troubleshooting Boot related problems.
- Involving in monitoring and metering for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) for OpenStack Cloud.
- Knowledge in Implementation of horizontal auto-scaling use cases using OpenStack components - Heat, Ceilometer, LBaaS.
- Responsible for Deployment Automation - Puppet, Custom Puppet modules, Python.
- Maintaining the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, SES and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure. Automated the build process using Jenkins.
- Provided end-user straining for all Tortoises SVN, JIRA users to effectively use the tool.
- Worked with DBA team for database performance issues, network related issues on Linux Servers.
- Performed security, users, group’s administration, and daily backup and restore operations, networking service, performance, and resource monitoring.
Environment: OpenStack, Puppet, Docker, Ant, Maven, Tomcat, Nagios, AWS, Subversion, SVN, GIT, Python, Ruby, Nexus, Sonar, Jenkins, CentOS, PERL, BASH, UNIX.
Build Release Engineer
- Developed build and deployment processes.
- Used IBM Rational Clear Case (UCM) as Version Control.
- Managed Clear Case repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Involved in creating new elements in Vobs.
- Developed Shell/Batch/Perl Scripts for automation purpose.
- Resolving merging issues during build and release by conducting meetings with developers and managers.
- Managed builds and wrote Build scripts for JAVA/J2EE and Web Sphere based applications.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Worked closely with software developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Implemented Maven builds to automate JAR and WAR.
- Involved in JUnit Testing of various modules by generating the Test Cases.
- Integrated builds with Code Quality Tools like Cobertura, PMD and Checkstyle.
- Used Build Forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into WebSphere Application Servers.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing, and release management.
- Verified if the methods used to create and recreate software builds are consistent and repeatable.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
Environment: Clear Case, Java/J2EE, Maven, Build Forge, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, Web Sphere.