- A proactive IT professional around 9 years’ experience in AWS - DevOps, Build and Release management involves extensive work towards code compilation, packaging, building, and debugging, automating, managing, monitoring, tuning, and deploying code across multiple/distributed environments.
- Extensive experience in the design and implementation of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) and DevOps processes.
- Experience in using AWS including EC2, Auto-Scaling, Elastic IP's, ELB, Kinesis, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, CloudFront, Cloud Formation, RDS, Athena, Glue, RedShift, Amazon DynamoDB, VPC, Route53, SNS, SQS and, also, migration from on premises network to AWS cloud.
- Automated deployment operations using various tools in DevOps, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure using Jenkins, Maven, Dockers, AWS, GIT, Linux etc.
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging, and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT (GITHub, GITLab), Clear case and VSS.
- Extensively used Docker for virtualization, run, ship, and deploy the application securely for fasten the build/release engineering.
- Performed automation tasks on various Docker components like Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker Machine and Docker Registry. Deployment and maintenance using Micro services using Docker.
- Hands on experience in using Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins.
- Worked on GIT for source code version control and integrated with Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline, code quality tracking and user management with build tools Maven.
- Integrating Ansible and Ansible tower to Jenkins in CI/CD Pipeline Process and deploying build artifacts to target systems (EC2 instances, VM, Physical Database Servers)
- Experience in integrating SonarQube scanner to Jenkins to perform Java Source code analysis from different branches and update the result to the developers.
- Used SonarQube for code coverage and code quality.
- Involved in development of test environment on Docker containers.
- Experience using Maven as a build tool for the building of deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Experience in writing Ansible playbooks for installing WebLogic/tomcat application, deployment of WAR, JAR, and EAR files across all the environments.
- Experience in writing Ansible playbooks by using YAML script to launch AWS instances and used to manage web applications, configuration files, used mount points and packages.
- Experience on Cloud innovations including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service supplier (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS).
- Build servers using AWS including importing volumes, launching EC2, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers in the defined virtual private connection.
- Implemented Terraform modules for deployment of various applications across multiple cloud providers and managing infrastructure.
- Used AWS lambda to run servers without managing them and to trigger to run code by S3 and SNS.
- Creating snapshots and Amazon machine images (AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Kubernetes is being used to orchestrate the deployment, scaling, and management of Docker Containers.
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Good analytical, problem solving, communication skills and could work either independently with little or no supervision or as a member of a team.
- Adapt to new, evolving technologies and implement them in current projects. Good interpersonal skills, quick learning, problem resolving and meeting technical and business needs.
Cloud Technologies: AWS EC2, IAM, AMI, Elastic Load Balancer (EBL), DynamoDB, S3, SNS, Cloud formation, Route53, VPC, VPN, Security groups, Cloud watch, EBS, Athena, EWR
Operating System: Linux, Unix, Ubuntu, Centos, Windows
Scripting: Python, Bash.
Tools: GIT, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Bamboo, Nexus, Artifactory, Docker, Ansible.
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere
Web Server: Apache, Nginx
Tools: Docker, Kubernetes
Confidential - Palo Alto, CA
- As DevOps Engineer, I am responsible for design, build, monitor, and enhance services and production environment.
- Developed and implemented an Agile SDLC and refinement of the Software Configuration Management (SCM) infrastructure.
- Migration of the Source Code from Apache Subversion (SVN) to GIT HUB, and the migration from GIT Hub to BIT Bucket.
- Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments.
- Documented process documents for Jenkins, Bit bucket, CD Pipeline and Code deployment guide for Developers, Testers and Production Management.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Implemented AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. And also, configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Setup a centralized login mechanism (ELK with File beat) based on Docker.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, Chef, Puppet and Sona type Nexus.
- Experience in working on source controller tools like GIT, GitHub, Subversion (SVN), TFS Microsoft Visual Studio and Perforce.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Datadog, Cloud watch and using ELK Stack Elastic Search Logstash.
- Experience in Issue Tracking tools JIRA, Remedy, Service Now and HP Quality Canter
- In-depth knowledge of computer applications and scripting like Shell, Python, Perl, Ruby and XML.
- Expertise in Enterprise repository management tools like Nexus, Artifactory etc.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Experienced in creating source code repository using Bit bucket.
- Involved in DevOps processes for build and deploy systems.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Worked with batch team to schedule and monitor batch jobs on weekly basis.
- Worked as Admin on JIRA tool. Customized the dashboard based on team's requirement.
- Added users, implemented Security and added new projects on JIRA.
Environment: Ansible, Jenkins, Packer, GIT, AWS EC2, Route53, S3, VPC, EBS, Auto scaling, Athena, Glue, Unix/ Linux environment, bash scripting, Github Actions.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
DevOps/ Build/ Release Engineer
- Involved in DevOps migration/automation processes for build and deploy systems.
- Implemented the Build automation process for all the assigned projects in Vertical Apps domain.
- Monitored the UAT/Production Environments for any down time issues by performing regular cron job updates in servers.
- Excellent hands-on experience in installation, configuration and troubleshooting the issues and performance tuning of WebLogic/Apache and Tomcat.
- Created JDBC and JMS resources.
- Hands on working with LDAP configuration. Configuration of Groups, Roles, and policies. Assigning users to Groups and Roles.
- Supported the code builds by integrating with continuous integration tool (Jenkins).
- Written Maven scripts, Installed Jenkins, written shell script for end-to-end build and deployment automation.
- Build Continuous Integration environment (Jenkins) and Continuous delivery environment (Puppet).
- Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins, Chef, and Puppet.
- Able to create scripts for system administration, AWS using languages such as BASH and Python.
- Build server deployment on Cloud (EC2) servers with help of DevOps tools like Puppet.
- Excellent experience in writing the Unix and shell scripts in order to automate the process of daily monitoring, build and deployment activities.
- Expertise in writing MAVEN/ANT scripts for automation of build and deployment. Maintain a Live Like environment to test any production issues on the setup and push it into production.
- Configured and maintained stress server in different geographical location and provide setup in every release to perform stress testing.
- Configuration Management using Subversion (SVN) and maintained admin related files.
- Automating the regular tasks in Subversion and streamlining the process of access to SVN.
- Migrated Projects from SVN to GIT.
- Hands on working experience with Jenkins continuous integration Tools including installation, configuration of jobs, pipelines, security set up etc.
- Production deployment with Docker.
- Hands on with AppD installation, Configuration and monitoring set up.
- Hands on with automation build scripts like Maven.
- Hands on with GIT / GIT Hub for code check-ins/checkouts and branching and various other functions.
Environment: Jenkins, JIRA, OpenStack, Maven, GIT, Apache ANT, Tomcat, apache, Java/J2EE, Subversion, Puppet, AWS, Python, Unix Shell Scripting.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Sr. DevOps Engineer/Cloud Engineer
- Created the AWS VPC network for the Installed Instances and configured the Security Groups and Elastic IP's accordingly.
- Set up the build and deployment automation for Java based projects by using Jenkins and Maven.
- Hands on experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB, RDS, SNS, lambda and EBS etc.
- Created and maintained various DevOps related tools for the team such as provisioning scripts, deployment tools and staged virtual environments using Docker.
- Worked with Docker for portable Deployment of applications.
- Install, configure, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of Atlassian tools like Bit Bucket, Jira, Confluence and Jenkins etc.
- Automated the Bitbucket Server repository creation using Jenkins by invoking Python libraries.
- Administered Jenkins continuous integration server installation and configuration to automate application packaging and deployments.
- Used various plug-ins to extend the base functionality of Jenkins to deploy, integrate tests and display reports.
- Worked on DevOps operations using different tools for achieving Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Ability to quickly understand, learn and implement the new system design, new technologies, data models and functional components of software system in a professional work environment.
- Able to create scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python, created Lambda functions to upload code and to check changes in S3, DynamoDB table.
- Monitor RDS instances and Elastic Load Balancer for performance and availability.
- Experience in dealing with AWS- Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, and Auto-Scaling.
- Worked on DevOps methodologies and cloud infrastructure automation tools like Terraform and Ansible in AWS environment.
- Experienced in Setting up the CI/CD pipelines by writing Jenkins files using Groovy language.
- Used Docker, Kubernetes to manage micro services for development of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Created Docker images using a Docker Files, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Worked on various types of applications like java applications, Nodejs, React applications etc.
- Managed Kubernetes cluster, deployed all the applications into K8s using Jenkins as CI/CD tool.
- Maintained Artifactory to store all the artifacts as well as related dependencies.
Environment: Linux, Python, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Maven, Jenkins, Instana, AWS, Shell Script, Tomcat, Artifactory, My SQL, DocDB etc.
Confidential - Johns Creek, GA
Build & Release Engineer
- Build & Release engineer for a team that involved multiple development teams with parallel releases.
- Software Configuration management (Automate CI & CD pipeline using Maven, Jenkins & GIT).
- Expertise in SCM concepts like branching, merging and tags in GIT.
- Automated build and release process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Developed Jenkins scripts to have Infrastructure as a service.
- Configure new applications and software updates as required including upgrades, installations, validations and setting up new servers.
- Administer and maintain build and release processes using source code management tools, build and integration tools, and automated testing tools.
- Used Build Forge for Continuous Integration and Deployment in Web Sphere Application Servers.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing, and release management.
- Verified if the methods used to create and recreate software builds are consistent and repeatable.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas as per the schedule published.
- Managed Clear Case repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Used JIRA for change control & ticketing.
- Wrote Puppet Manifest files to deploy automated tasks to many servers at once.
- Automated Clear Case based release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Developed basic Shell/Bash/Perl Scripts for automation purposes.
- Handled code reviews and merging Pull requests.
- Diagnosed and resolved issues relating to local and wide area network performance.
- Worked with JIRA, a tool that handles DCR (Defect Change Request) & MR (Maintenance Request).
- Written playbooks for WebLogic, JDK and Jenkins, Tomcat, and deployment automation.
- Resolving merging issues during build and release by conducting meetings with developers and managers.
- Rolled out Chef to all servers and used the Chef Node database to drive host configuration, DNS zones, monitoring & backups.
- Formulated and executed designing standards for DNS servers.
- Worked closely with software developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems.
- Able to create scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as Bash and Python.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Implemented Maven builds to automate JAR and WAR.
- Involved in taking the weekly backups of the repositories and managing the repositories.
- Troubleshoot various systems problems such as application related issues, network related issues, hardware related issues.
Environment: Maven, Build Forge, JIRA, RHEL, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, Web Sphere, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, AWS.