- 7+ years of leading the implementation of operational effectiveness and accomplishing technical solutions. Reputably skilled at managing AWS projects, tickets, and at working with teams across various departments
- Experience in a multiplatform Linux environment with hands - on experience in the administration and management of Windows operating systems and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 & 8, Centos 6, and 6.5 systems.
- Strong team player, collaborative, goal oriented, adaptable, ability to multitask, can manage work stress, ability to work within strict deadlines, excellent verbal and written communication skills, project leader experience.
- Solid background in systems and software installation, user and group administration, role base access control, file transfer and sharing; competent in file systems, volume and storage management, patch management amongst others.
Cloud Orchestration: AWS CloudFormation, AWS Lambda, AWS Systems Manager, Docker, Jenkins, ECS, EKS, and Terraform
Monitoring and Event Management: AWS CloudWatch (Events and Logs), AWS SNS, and AWS S3
Configuration Management Tool: Ansible
Identity and Access Management: AWS Organization, AWS IAM, and AWS Workspaces
Governance and Compliance: AWS Config Rules, AWS Organization, AWS Control Tower, AWS Trusted Advisor.
OS: Linux Centos, Redhat 6,7,8 and Ubuntu
Programming Languages: Bash, JSON, YML, Python
Application Delivery: Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Git-hub AWS Code Pipeline, AWS Code Commit, AWS Code Build, and AWS Code Deploy
Network: VPC, TGW, IGW, and NGW
Image and Patch: AWS SSM Patch Manager, AWS Golden AMI Pipeline
Ops Analytics: Splunk
AWS Platform: AWS CloudFormation, AWS Lambda, AWS Systems Manager, S3, VPC, EC2, ELB, RDS, SNS, SQS, Route53, CloudFront, AWS Auto Scaling, Trusted Advisor, CloudWatch, and DynamoDB.
AWS Solutions Architect
- Hands-on experience in AWS provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, ELB, EKS, ECS, Cloud Watch, IAM, SNS etc.
- Configured AWS IAM Groups and Users for improved login authentication
- Implemented security best practices in AWS including multi factor authentication, access key rotation, encryption using KMS, firewalls- security groups and NACLs and S3 bucket policies
- Delegated access across AWS accounts using IAM cross account roles.
- Deployment, automation, management, and maintenance of AWS cloud-based production system.
- Designed, configured, and Managed CICD pipeline using Jenkins.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed reaching one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Created alarms and notifications for EC2 instances and hosts using Cloud Watch.
AWS Solutions Architect
- Worked extensively with AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, Auto scaling, Route 53, IAM, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, SNS, etc.
- Installed the application on AWS EC2 instances and configured the storage on S3 buckets.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers such as EC2 and storage such as S3 buckets using AWS Cloud Watch.
- Created S3 buckets, managed policies for S3 buckets and utilized S3 bucket and backup on AWS.
- Designed high availability and business continuity using self-healing-based architectures, fail-over routing policies, multi-AZ deployment of EC2 instances, ELB health checks, Auto Scaling and other disaster recovery models.
- Optimized cost through instances, selection and changing of EC2 instance types based on resource need, S3 storage classes and leveraging Auto scaling etc.
- Configured Cloud Watch alarm rules for operational and performance for our AWS resources and Applications
- Configured AWS IAM Groups and users for improved login authentication.
- Building, Installing, configuring brand new virtual and physical servers, testing, and deploying Windows 2008 2012, 2016 & 2019 servers, RHEL 7 & 8, CentOS 6.4 servers to the network: OS installation and configuration - standard.
- System hardening, patching (Windows 2008 2012, 2016 & 2019 servers and RHEL 7&8 using 10-Recommended patches), and upgrades (release), on standalone servers (using single user mode).
- Writing basic bash shell scripts to automate processes using crontab; Installing packages and applications
- Configuring Apache and MySQL on Solaris 10 and RHEL 7&8 for virtual and web hosting; building and hosting websites; configuring web hosting company DNS settings: installing and configuring Samba for quick publishing using a third-party web page maker.
- User and security management
- Setting up, configuring and troubleshooting TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS; NFS, CIFS, and samba servers in a multiplatform LAN
- Managing swap configurations
- Performing multiplatform volume management using SVM, LVM, ZFS volume manager, and VERITAS volume manager.
- Troubleshooting Solaris 10, 11 & RHEL 7 & 8 issues emanating from hardware and software related and configuration issues
- Virtualization (VMware Esxi 5, 5.5 and Oracle Virtual Box)
- Setting up a domain on Windows 2008 2012, 2016 & 2019 servers, installing and configuring a samba server on a Solaris10, 11 and RHEL 7, 8 mapping to the windows 2008 and 2019 servers.
- Supporting system users and troubleshooting system issues. Documenting solutions for future reference.
- Installing and maintaining the operating system and related software products.
- Participating in root-cause analysis of recurring issues, system backup and security setup, providing 24X7 supports in Production Testing and Development environments.
- Installing and configuring databases on Unix/Linux platforms