- DevOps engineer with Over 8 years’ experience in Information Technology which includes Cloud Computing (AWS / AZURE / GCP) and DevOps specializing in Infrastructure as Code (IaaC), Platform as Service (PaaS) models
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, Container
Amazon Web Services: CloudFormation, CloudWatch, VPC, EC2, S3, Glacier, EC2 Container Service, Elastic Beanstalk, Snowball, DynamoDB, RDS, Redshift, Direct Connect, Route 53, Identity & Access Management, Lambda, AWS IoT, SNS, SES, SWF, SES, Elasticsearch Service, Code Commit, Security Groups, AMI, Elastic Block Storage, Elastic IP, VPC Peering, Network ACL, Regions, Route Table
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes
Configuration Management: Chef, Ansible, Puppet
Continuous Integration: Jenkins
Build tools: Maven, Gradle
Version Control: Git, GitHub, Bitbucket, Code Commit
Monitoring tools: Splunk, AWS cloud watch, Prometheus, Grafana, Nagios, Wireshark, Zabbix
Ticketing tools: Jira, Splunk, Sysaid
Web servers: Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, Nginx, HAProxy
Operating systems: RedHat Linux 5/6/7, Unix, Ubuntu, Debian, Centos, Linux, Windows &MacOS
Programming languages: C/C++, Java
Testing tools: Selenium
Programming & Scripting Languages: HTML, Python, Bash, Shell, Ruby, Perl
Databases: MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, Aurora, Dynamo DB
Networking: HTTPS, TCP/IP, DNS, FTP, SSH
VMware Services: vSphereESXi 5.5/6, Vcenter 5.5/6, HA, DRS
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer
Environment: AWS, SysAid, Apache Server, HAProxy, JSON, Bash, Chef, Code Deploy, Docker, Puppet, Ansible, Python, YAML, Qualys, Terraform, Cloud Formation, Splunk
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Used IAM to create and manage AWS users and groups and use permissions to allow and deny their access to AWS resources.
- Worked in cloud networking (Azure Express Route and AWS connections)
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Assisted in migrating the existing data center into the AWS environment.
- Experienced with Puppet configuration management system.
- Implement and support AWS Private Cloud implementation.
- Implementedorchestration and containerizationusing Docker, Openshift, Kubernetes and Helm.
- Set up Security Groups with different CIDR and ports for HTTP, HTTPS, RDS, TCP/UDP SSH connections.
- Used CLOUDWATCH for monitoring AWS cloud resources and the applications that deployed on AWS by creating new alarm, enable notification service.
- Set up the SNS notification by creating a topic and creating a subscription in all AWS accounts.
- Worked with the Networking Team to create VPN Connections from AWS to the physical Data Center.
- Developed and maintained the continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) systems using tools like Jenkins
- Configured Cloud watch alarm for the VPN tunnels when if they are down by triggering and email alert to the responsible team.
- AWS Integration with internal DNS configure AWS Virtual Private Cloud to support application development and production.
- Architect and design AWS Private Cloud Subnets, Security Groups, Network Access Controls, configure AWS Elastic Load Balancing for application high availability and performance.
- Developed and maintained the continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) systems using tools like Jenkins.
- Setting up Auto scaling of the instance group using AWS command line tools and AWS cloud environment for Dev/QA environments.
- Created automated pipelines in AWSCode Pipelineto deployDockercontainers in AWSECSusing serviceslikeCloudFormation,Code Build,Code Deploy.
- Worked with AWS code commits to safely store all the codes.
- Used AWS Code Pipeline to design and implement a Continuous Integration and Delivery Pipeline on AWS.
- Experienced in installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of IBM AIX, Linux (RedHat&SuSE), Solaris 2.x, 8, 9, 10, HP - UX 10.x, 11.x, Win NT/2000 Server
- Implemented AWS Code Pipeline and created Cloud Formation JSON templates in Terraform for infrastructure as code.
- Worked inChefandPuppetfor Deployment on Multiple platforms.
- Managed (load balancing and distribution) these containers use used container orchestration tools like Docker, Swarm, Openshift, Kubernetes and Helm.
- Extensive experience in the design and implementation of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment and DevOps processes for Agile projects, working with technologies and platforms including Java, Jenkins, Subversion, Git, Oracle, UNIX/Linux, VM Ware, Docker, Vagrant, Chef, Puppet, AWS.
- Automated configuration management and deployments using Ansible playbooks and YAML for resource declaration. And creating roles and updating Playbooks to provision servers by using Ansible.
- Converted puppet modules to ansible playbooks.
- Installing, Configured and management in Ansible Centralized Server and creating the playbooks to support various middleware application servers.
- Reduced build + deployment times by designing and implementing Docker workflow.
- Built and Deployed Docker images on AWS ECS and automated the CI/CD pipeline.
- Configured the AWS ALB to route the traffic from target group to right targets on AWS ECS.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Environment: VPC, Subnets, Ec2, Snapshot, Lambda, Ami, Internet Gateways, Cloud Watch, SNS, S3, Cloudfront, Cloud Formation, MySQL, ORACLE, Glacier, IAM, Ansible, Terraform,Phyton, Jenkins, Windows, Arti Factory, SVN, ECS, Docker,Openshift, Kubernetes, Helm, Python, Chef, Puppet, CI/CD, Nagios, AppDynamics, Splunk, Network, Active Directory ( AD ), CLI, ANT, Maven, Shell, Linux, Jira.
- Configured and managed various AWS Services includingEC2, RDS, VPC, S3, Glacier,Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, Elastic Cache, SQS, SNS, API gateway, SDK, AMI and Route 53.
- Developed Cloud Formation templates to spin up resources such as EC2, EBS, RDS, VPC, S3, EKS, IAM on AWS cloud.
- For backup, took snapshot of existing volumes and created AMI from running servers and restored it in case of emergency.
- Wrote variousLambdafunctions for automating the process on the Cloud.
- Managed database tables that can store and retrieve any amount of dataand serve any amount of traffic usingMySQL and ORACLE.
- Worked with Puppet configuration management system
- Created S3buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and usedS3bucketandGlacierfor storage of static content and backup onAWS.
- Managed User/Accounts, roles and attached policies using AWS IAM service.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks to launch AWS instances and used Ansible to manage web applications, configuration files, used mount points, packages and Worked on playbooks for Ansible in YAML.
- Provisioned the highly available EC2 Instances usingTerraformand cloud formation and wrote new plugins to support new functionality inTerraform.
- Installation and migration of on-premiseJenkins, Arti factory and SVN toAWScloud infrastructure.
- Created automated pipelines in AWSCode Pipelineto deployDockercontainers in AWSECSusing services like CloudFormation,Code BuildandCode Deploy.
- Managed docker containers using orchestration tool Openshift, Kubernetes and Helm.
- Involved inChefandPuppetfor Deployment on Multiple platforms.
- Worked onJenkins CI/CD pipelinejobs for end-to-end automation to build, test and deliver artifacts and Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process and managing artifacts in Nexus Repository.
- Experienced on working with on-premises network, application, server monitoring tools likeNagios,Splunkand onAWSwithCloudWatch monitoring tool.
- Configured and maintained network related implementation and system securities using Security Groups, SSL Certificates, subnets, Internet Gateways, SSH keys, AWS Access/Secret Keys, Iptables, Network ACL’s and different protocols such as SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and FTP.
- Used CloudWatch to monitor and created alarms for high CPU usage, stopped services and low space on volumes.
- Extensive experience in using Build Automation tools like,ANT,Maven, ArtifactoryandJenkins.
- Configured AWS CLI and performed necessary actions on the AWS services using Shell Scripting and Linux Scripting.
Confidential, SFO, CA
Sr. Systems Engineer
Environment: AWS EC2, S3, VPC, VMware, Windows 2008, IIS, ASP.net, SQL Server, CloudWatch, Cloudformation, JIRA, Git, VPC, Ant, chef, Red Hat Linux5/6, Bash Scripting, Active Directory, Apache, Tomcat, Docker, Vagrant, Jenkins, Data Domain 9500, 9800, DD4500, DD99, DPA 18.1/6.5,, Avamar 18.1/7.5MAVEN, Websphere, Tomcat, Centos, Ubuntu, Unix, Windows XP, BASH & KORN Shell, JAVA/J2EE, Agile, Web Sphere, Batch file, SQL Scripts, Awk, Sed.
- Building software packages on Red Hat Linux (RPM) and Solaris (DataStream package format)
- Experience in installation, configuration, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of Linux, Power Systems.
- Perl development to create a suite of tools to support the automated provisioning of new Linux and Solaris servers using Sun's JET (Jumpstart Enterprise Toolkit)
- Re-implemented a multi-platform system interrogation agent in Perl (originally in Java), covering system, network, storage and software components. Formatting output as XML.
- Wrote tools in Perl to login & interrogate Sun ILOM & XSCF & HP ILO via SSH and telnet.
- Configured and maintained the volume groups, logical volumes using LVM, VERITAS Volume Manager and Solaris Volume Manager.
- Perform builds for all products for supported platforms (OSX, Linux, Windows, Android).
- Coordinate release cycles and maintain active branches, Configuring the policy attributes for taking the backup of clients.
- Freezing and unfreezing the Medias. Expiring, importing and duplicatingthe media.
- Troubleshooting of Backup jobs and restore jobs, Configured and administered vaulting process to send the tape offsite to Iron Mountain, Creating SLP for managing Duplication to tapes from Data Domain. Creating VMware backup policies and selecting individual clients for backup. Data Domain 9800 Configuration and file system creation.Restarting NetworkerServer services.
- Restore client data based on user requests from DBA and application owners.
- Configured Exchange, SQL and RMAN backups as per the request.
- SQL Database backups troubleshooting and Agent installation.
- VMware backup trouble shooting and configuration.
- Experience in configuring replication in Avamar and Data Domain.
- Support current migration of Data Center to Amazon Cloud.
- Enhance and Maintain a large-scale Hudson/Jenkins-based build infrastructure.
- Established efficient processes and scripts for change management with the aid of Chef.
- Diagnose issues with Java applications running in Tomcat or JBoss.
- Created and maintained Jenkins jobs that execute shell script.
- Deployed json template to create a stack in CloudFormation which include services like Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon VPC, and other services of the AWS infrastructure.
- Configured, maintained and administered Linux systems that host build and release engineering apps by constantly monitoring system load and memory consumption.
- Experience working with Monitoring tools such as CloudWatch.
- Setting up of component builds which compile and package the components into OS specific.
- Assembly, deploy jobs to list the exact configuration of packages with all their dependencies, settings and deploying them to various environments for running tests.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automatedbuild, testing and deployment of the products to various developments.
- Promote code through Dev-Test-staging-pre prod automatically.
- Familiar and experienced with Agile Scrum development.
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for Agile development.
- Creating software packages for factories.
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments.
- Setup code review tool Gerrit with GIT and integrated with CI system to help developers do peer code reviews & identified issues in code early in the cycle using code analysis.
- Created AWS Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for instance RDP/SSH logon, worked with teams to lock down security groups.
- Responsible for creating and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in Solaris, CentOS and Redhat Linux.
- Installed and configured MySQL and oracle database on Linux servers.
- Initial troubleshooting and resolution of network connectivity issues.Experience in documenting processes and procedures that are followed in fulfilling a task.
- Maintain the build process to support ongoing R&D.
Confidential, NYC, NY
Environment: Linuxinstances, AIX Servers, HP-DL380 G6/G8 and DELL R710/720 and 920, p8/p7 Series, VeritasNetBackup 8.0, 7.7.2, 7.6, 7.5IBM TS3584, SL8500, SL3000, Data Protection Advisor DPA, Symantec OpsCenteIBM-Blade Centre (Chassis Blades HS23, HS-22 & Racks), HMC V7R7.7.0, ILO, KVM, RHEL 6/5, VMware-vSphere.
- Installed, maintained and upgraded Red hat Linux and Solaris Servers using kick-start based network installation.
- Configured and administered multiple production Red hat 4/5/6 servers across multiple platforms.
- Worked on various Unix/Linux clusters such as Oracle RAC, SAP service guard S2S and Local, Service guard CFS S2S and Local, Linux VCS HA Cluster S2S.
- Day-to-Day tasks include Avamar agent installation, configuration of
- Avamar Server and Client Servers on both UNIX and Windows.
- Proficient in Avamar VMware Backups configuration and restore.
- Configuration of Data Domain for backups and administration and support of Data Domain, SQL Database backups troubleshooting and Agent installation, VMware backup trouble shooting and configuration, Oracle archive log troubleshooting for failed backups, VMware backup trouble shooting and configuration.
- Perl development to interact with LDAP (AD) servers to query & modify person, host &netgroup data.
- Installation, setup, configuration, security administration and maintenance for flavours of servers.
- Worked closely with SAN team, allocated storage to the server and shared with its cluster nodes.
- Most of these tasks are performed using native Korn Shell and Perl scripts system resources from one partition to another partition.
- Preparation and execution of server patching and upgrade on more than 500 servers including HPUX, AIX, Solaris and Red Hat Linux servers.
- Configured the yum repositories for installing and updating the packages on the Red Hat Linux.
- Experienced in configuring and maintaining System Securities using IPTABLES.
- Experienced in networking with LAN, WAN, Routers, Gateways, etc.
- Working on Volume management, Disk Management, software RAID solutions using VERITAS Volume manager. File system Tuning and growing using VERITAS File System (VxFS).
- Configured, maintained, applied changes and fail-over schedules of HA servers running Veritas Cluster Server and Red Hat Cluster Server.
- Coded various Perl/Shell scripts to automate backup and recovery.
- Expert in setting up SSH, SCP, SFTP connectivity between Linux hosts. Experienced in DNS, NIS, NFS, CIFS, FTP, NIS, Samba Server, LDAP, remote access, security management, and system troubleshooting skills.
- UNIX Shell/Perl scripting for job automation. Creating zones for application.
- Created ZFS file system in Solaris 10 using Zpool and ZFS and created Veritas file systems 5.0, RAID 0, 1, 5 volumes.
- Installed application connectivity software to enable IBM print services. Configured and administered firewall rules, including the use of SNORT, NMAP to effectively monitor system files, port security, and network traffic activity coming through the firewall.
- Implemented Oracle RAC high availability application cluster on RHEL 4.5