- I have 14 years of experience in system architecture and development of complex data systems for Enterprise and small business. Proven ability to lead multiple development teams on high - profile initiatives consisting of multiple cross-functional dependencies locally, remotely, and off-shore. Strong business acumen and comfortable interacting directly with customers, stakeholders, and executives at all levels. Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Easily learns new technology and can quickly determine alignment of new technology within tactical and strategic vision. Proven ability to effectively manage constantly changing priorities across multiple simultaneous projects within fast-paced environments.
- I have been building and expanding software development teams for 10 years ranging in size from one to ten. At the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, I established the .NET/SharePoint/SQL Server development team. The team offered application development services to customers throughout the Federal Reserve System. I led this effort successfully over the course of 6 years, building my team from scratch while simultaneously remotely leading a business intelligence team of 3 Developers, 1 QA, and 1 BA residing at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York for the later 4 years. Leading these teams in the hands-on matter that I did, including development, architecture, and leadership, gave me the opportunity to broaden the scope of my skill set very wide, with significant depth. I left the Federal Reserve after six years in search of what I could not find there, the reality of leading near the bleeding edge of technology and the many opportunities to make an impact on the world, big or small. At that time, that technology was the cloud; Now, that technology is AI/ML, Graph, Cognitive, Quantum, IoT, HoloLens, etc.
- I started my current position in February 2018 upon which I inherited an existing small team, the operations department as my internal customer and a 3rd party IT consulting group that was in the middle of migrating Dynamics 365 from 3rd party cloud hosting providing directly to Microsoft Azure. The 3rd party has since completed the migration and handed the entire system off to me which I also now manage the daily operations and support of. I am currently responsible for all aspects of information technology operations, information security, systems architecture and development efforts and manage a small team.
- One of my primary roles is leading the Application Development and DevOps teams to deliver innovative, cost efficient strategies and solutions that follow Agile methodologies and maintain HIPAA, PCI, and SOC 2 compliance. I am currently leveraging the latest Microsoft technology to execute platform modernization and consolidation efforts, decrease system complexity, and eliminate down-time. I have current hands-on experience with the management and customization of Microsoft Dynamics 365, Office 365, and the Microsoft Power platform (PowerApps, Power BI, and Flow). I am also very hands-on with the latest Azure services available in the area of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML), Sales and Customer Insights, Cognitive Services, and Bot Services.
- I am looking for an opportunity to take my career to the next level with a company that has a vision and needs a hands-on technical leader/architect who can execute and deliver. In such an opportunity, I would directly influence IT strategy as well as be accountable and critical to its success. I have a passion for continuous learning, efficiency, and exploring new ideas.
Microsoft Azure Services: Azure SQL Database, Azure Functions, Azure Logic Apps, Azure App Services, Azure Storage Accounts, Azure Stream Analytics Jobs, Azure Data Factory, Azure Active Directory, Azure Cognitive Services, Azure Bot Framework, Azure Machine Learning, Azure Key Vault, Azure Event Grid, Azure Service Bus, Tenant Administration
Microsoft Office 365: Dynamics 365 for Sales Enterprise, PowerApps, Flow, Power BI, OneNote, SharePoint Online, Teams, Sway, Forms, Planner, Visio, Tenant Administration, Licensing
Development Tools\COTS Applications: Visual Studio Team Services, Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Report Builder 1.0 - 3.0, Tableau, Nintex, Project 2010/2013, Visio 2010/2013, Office 2010/2013, Eclipse, NetBeans, JUnit, NUnit, MagicDraw, Rational Rose, MATLAB, Putty, CVS, SVN, AutoCAD
Systems\Servers\Operating Systems: SharePoint Server 2010/2013/Online, Windows Server, Windows 95 - Windows 10, IIS, Active Directory
Database Systems: SQL Server, MySQL
IT Director / Cloud Solutions Architect / Lead Engineer
- Responsible for all aspects of information technology operations, information security, systems architecture and development efforts.
- Lead Application Development and DevOps teams to deliver innovative, cost efficient solutions following Agile methodologies and maintaining HIPAA, PCI, and SOC 2 compliance.
- Leveraging the latest Microsoft technology to execute the following: platform modernization and consolidation decrease system complexity and eliminate down-time improve customer engagement through email, chat (live person and chat bot), SMS, marketing analytics, surveys, etc. provide unmatched integration and collaboration experiences across departments
- Pairing Microsoft Dynamics 365, Office 365, and the Microsoft Power platform (PowerApps, Power BI, and Flow) with cutting-edge technology made available on Microsoft Azure to identify new opportunities such as:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) opportunities
- Leveraging Azure Machine Learning studio to develop predictive analytics around patient engagement
- Sales and Customer Insights using advanced Cognitive Services and AI
- Leveraging Speech-to-Text with Text Analytics to gauge patient sentiment over years of recorded call center inbound/outbound calls. Leveraging Chatbots, QnA Maker, and LUIS to deliver patient specific engagement experiences
- Automated case creation and management for various patient journey scenarios
Senior Architect / Cloud Engineer
- Lead diverse technical teams, local and off-shore
- Data architecture, modeling, & ETL development
- Manage Azure services for performance
- Manage Azure costs within budget
- CI/CD, Scrum, Kanban, VSTS, Git
- Integrate externally sourced data
- Email marketing campaign automation
- Power BI data models and analytics
- Xamarin mobile applications development
Lead Software Engineer
- Team lead for .NET & SharePoint development at FRB Kansas City
- Team lead (remote) for BI project with FRB New York
- Conduct interviews of .NET & SharePoint candidates
- Mentor junior and mid-level developers
- Active participant as a council member on multiple system workgroups and development communities
- Lead research of vendor solutions, development platforms, and third-party frameworks
- Make recommendations on platform agnostic application delivery solutions
- Consult with customers to develop technology strategies and map objectives into roadmap initiatives
- Provide estimates, work breakdown structures, and resource assignments on team projects
- Implemented high-volume ETL system using SSIS to pull data from SQL Server, MySQL, DB2, and 3rd party data into DW.
- Integrated 3rd party Compliance and Regulatory software solutions into existing ETL infrastructure.
- Implemented self-service BI infrastructure utilizing SSRS.
- Performance tuned SQL Server database, T-SQL queries, stored procedures/functions, and SSIS packages.
- Defined development best practices and standards for SSIS and SSRS.
- Worked closely with System/Data Architects and DBAs on strategic planning for ongoing ETL development and support.
- Produced extensive ETL System Documentation consisting of data flows, execution plans/schedules, and process mappings.
- Consistently held project team members accountable on their deliverables.