- Versatile, performance - driven IT professional with 15 years of progressive experience. Tenacious problem solver who excels at identifying and correcting networking issues.
- Expert at developing, troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining, and supporting PC and network based applications, across multiple operating platforms.
- Committed to delivering a level of support that consistently exceeds user expectations. Army veteran.
Networking: Cisco CCNA Citrix VMWare LDAP Novell CNA, LAN implementation; install and configure Ethernet, TCP/IP, print server, file server, Network Infrastructure Services DNS, DHCP, Remote Access Server (RAS) and NAP, Active Directory, NAT/VPN services; manage network users and groups, group policies; diagnose and troubleshoot network problems; network data backup; Ethernet switches and routers; network cabling; install and configure Cisco routers and switches; routing protocols RIP, EIGRP and OSPF, ACLs.
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 7/10, Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016, Linux, UNIX
Hardware: Install and configure motherboards, SCSI and peripheral devices; upgrade memory, adapters and other hardware
Applications: Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft SharePoint 2013, Microsoft Azure, VMware and VirtualBox
Languages: JCL Red Hat Linux 4.0 UNIX Bourne Shell Korn-Shell SQL C-Shell
Software: IBM WebSphere MQ Tivoli BRMS Apache BMC Patrol HP TandemJava NetOp SQL Sybase
Attends Webinars: Cisco, Symantec, NIST, Global Knowledge, Microsoft, Radware
- Provided installation, configuration and upgrades to Linux, AS/400 and HP-UNIX midrange servers, as well as instructing customers and end users the daily tasks of operational support.
- Instituted backup and disaster recovery procedures while maintaining effective up time and reducing costs.
- Provided 24X7 support and when applicable arranged for on-site vendor management.
- Accomplished owner and operator providing on site and off site installation, troubleshooting and project implementation to various clients offering more than fourteen years of experience.
- Developed and managed business critical systems, telecommunications networks and peripheral devices.
- Demonstrated first-rate communication skills to collaborate on all business levels while effectively directing systems processes, operating procedures and on/off site trouble shooting.
Confidential, Mahwah, NJ
- Collaborated with business partners, analysts, and team members to develop high-quality technical solutions supporting the functionality and operating integrity of the company’s main web page (www.ups.com), utilized for package tracking, billing, and payment. Installed software and hardware updates, troubleshot and debugged glitches within system software, and resolved a variety of end-user problems. Worked across multiple operating platforms, including AS/400, UNIX, and Linux.
- Supported key internal global business applications on AS/400, which included PLD (Package Level Detail), Brokerage, Web Sphere, Apache, MQ (Message Queue), CMS (Customer Message Switch), BOSS (Business Order Entry Shipping System), IDORS (International Distributing), Cares (Customer Action Response) and Worldport (UPS Airlines).
- Defined and documented technical requirements for developing and modifying software application modules and provided third-level application support and maintenance.
- Oversaw the renewal of digital s utilized to support data encryption, user authentication, and secure access to applications and information.
- Balanced server load capacity with sister data center in Atlanta to ensure optimal flow of high-volume data and uninterrupted system performance.
Systems Technical Specialist
Confidential, Mahwah, NJ
- Provided technical support for internal users, field reps, and console operators, ensuring that issues were resolved in a timely manner in order to minimize costly downtime errors and mitigate technology-related business risks.
- Taught classes on AS/400 (Operating System, Security, and Database Management) for managers, supervisors, and console operators; designed all materials.
- Developed backup control policy that outlined measures for protecting organizational network / computer resources and preventing loss of data and organizational assets