- “Versatile IT professional with extensive leadership and technical skills in Commercial, Education, and Medical sectors.
- Extensive experience as DevOps/Build and Release Engineer in solving complex problems with creative solutions, supporting development, Deployment operations in different environments. Excellent communication skills with experience in career development, relations, reporting, and compliance. “
- Skilled IT professional with 7+ years of IT experience in designing and deploying applications using DevOps activities such as Continuous growth, Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous Deployment (CD) in runtime with tools such as Git, Maven, VSTS, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, and managing cloud services with Goggle Cloud (GCP), Azure, and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Used Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services like Compute Engine, Cloud Functions, Cloud DNS, Cloud Storage, SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS concepts of Cloud computing architecture and implementation using GCP.
- Hands - on experience with various load balancing techniques for in-between instances across Network, Applications, and Classic using different tools such as the API gateway, CloudFront, and Direct Connect to work on various networking and transferring static and dynamic content.
- Extensively used Google stack-driver for monitoring the logs of both GKE and GCP instances and configured alerts from Stack-driver for some scenarios. Hands-on Experience in Google Cloud components, Google container builders, GCP client libraries, and cloud SDK.
- Expertise in writing Bash Scripts, Pearl Scripts (hash and arrays), Python programming for the deployment of Java applications on bare servers or Middleware tools.
- Worked on migration and managing multiple applications from on-premise to cloud using AWS services like S3, Glacier, EC2, Route53, AWS Code Deploy, ECS, AWS Lambda, Cloud Front, Auto Scaling, RDS, SQS, SNS, SES, Cloud Formation Template (CFT), VPC, Elastic Beanstalk (EBS), AWS Key Management Service (KMS), and AWS redshift.
- Expertise in using Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as a code (IAC), Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation. Experience in writing new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform and writing Terraform templates to deploy infrastructure on a cloud with EC2, ELB in JSON.
- Experience designing an entire infrastructure to power a microservices architecture on AWS using CFT.
- Experienced in provisioning of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS virtual machines, web/worker roles on Microsoft Azure classic, and Azure Resource Manager.
- Experience working in configuring Azure web apps, Azure App Services, Azure Application Insights, Azure Application Gateway, Azure DNS, Azure Traffic Manager, Azure Network Watcher, and Implementing azure Site.
- Hands-on experience in providing cloud-based infrastructure solutions in AWS with the following tools - Git, Ansible, and Terraform.
- Expertise in DevOps, Release Engineering, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure Automation tools like Git, Subversion, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, and Nagios.
- Expertise in creating Kubernetes clusters with cloud formation templates and deploy them in AWS environment and monitoring the health of pods using Helm Charts.
- Expertise in setting up Kubernetes (k8s) clusters for running microservices and pushed microservices into production with Kubernetes backed Infrastructure. Development of automation of Kubernetes clusters via playbooks in Ansible.
- Experience in working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, creating Docker images, Compose, Docker Registry, and handling multiple images for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Expertise in using Docker to run and deploy the applications in multiple containers like Docker Swarm and Docker Weave. Also worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images, and managing Docker volumes.
- Designed and developed the REST-based microservices using Spring Boot. Also implemented microservices architecture using Spring Boot for making applications smaller and independent.
- Proficient in using Docker swarm and Kubernetes for container orchestration, by writing Docker files and setting up the automated build on Docker HUB.
- Expertise in writing Ansible Playbooks from scratch using YAML functions and utilizing set up and automate the CI/CD pipeline and deploy microservices. Provisioned load balancer, auto-scaling group, and launch configuration for microservices using Ansible.
- Well-versed with Ansible playbooks, modules and roles, wrote many Ansible playbooks for the automation of defined tasks using YAML format and run Ansible scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Experience in writing complex Chef Cookbooks, recipes and configure them by applying node convergence on various production nodes. Used Chef, Chef-Client, Knife, Chef-solo, executable to work on cookbooks, recipes, templates, files, resources and also, to interact with the Chef Server.
- Worked on the creation of Puppetmanifestfiles to install tomcat instances and to manage configuration files for multiple applications.
- Experience in configuring and managing Puppet master server and also experience in updating and creating modules and pushing them to puppet clients, Experience implementing puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Experienced in using Build Automation scripting like MAVEN, ANT, and MSBUILD as build tools for building deployable artifacts (JAR, WAR) from source code.
- Developed Maven and Gradle Scripts to automate the build process. Managed the Maven Repository using the Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Responsible for Plugin-Management in Jenkins according to requirement Upgrading and Degrading Plugin Versions, Hands-on experience with Bash, Perl, Python, and Ruby scripting.
- Expertise in Installing, configuring & administering Jenkins on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins like GIT, ANT, Ansible, Sonar, Deploy to Container, and Build Pipeline.
- Experience in managed version control tools like SVN, GIT, and Bit-bucket for branching, merging, and resolving conflicting errors.
- Experience using Mongo DB third-party tools (Mongo DB access manager) and mongo-built in binaries to monitor and analyze the performance of Mongo DB. Also experience working on various databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, NoSQL, Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience working on various Networking protocols and networking IPs like TCP/IP, Access Control Lists, VPN, DHCP, DNS, SSH, NTP in various projects.
- Experienced in Linux/Unix System Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Migration, Upgrades, Patches, Troubleshooting on RHEL, Debian, CentOS.
- Extensive experience in JIRA for bugs tracking, storyboarding, creating, and planning sprints. Also engineered Splunk to build, configure and maintain heterogeneous environments. Experience using Nagios for managing and monitoring the server and network infrastructure.
- Experience working with Vault Secret Management and Consul to provide security credentials tokens and API keys.
- Good understanding of OSI model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, and TFTP). Used SQL to perform basic database administration.
Agile: Scrum, Waterfall, and Kanban.
Application Servers: Web Logic, WebSphere Application Server, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, and Web Sphere.
Automation & Configuration tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, Vagrant, and Terraform.
AWS: EC2, S3, RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, CloudWatch, CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, VPC, IAM, CloudFront, CloudFormation, RedShift, Lambda, DynamoDB, SMS, SNS, and SWF.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Remedy, and ServiceNow.
Build Tools: Maven, Gradle, Ant, and MS Build.
Cloud Environment: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and Open Stack.
Database: MySQL, My SQL Server, Oracle 8i/9i, AzureSQL
Frameworks: MVC, TestNG, Junit, Spring Boot, and Microservices.
IDE Platforms: Eclipse, NetBeans, Microsoft Visual Studio
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Ngnix, Splunk, and ELK.
Networking Protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WAN, LAN, FTP/TFTP, and SMTP.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat, CENTOS, and Ubuntu), Solaris, DEBAIN, MacOS, and Windows.
Orchestration Tools: Kubernetes, DockerSwarm, Apache Mesos, Google Cloud Engine, and Open shift.
Version Control Tools: GIT, GITHUB, GitLab, Subversion (SVN), CVS, Bitbucket, and ClearCase.
Virtualization Technologies: VMware ESXi, Windows Hyper: V, Power VM, Virtual box, and KVM.
Web Servers: Tomcat Apache, JBoss and Web Logic, and Web Sphere.
Confidential, Detroit, Michigan
Sr. Cloud/ DevOps Engineer
- Worked on google cloud platform (GCP) services like compute engine, cloud load balancing, cloud storage, cloud SQL, stack driver monitoring, and cloud deployment manager.
- Setup GCP Firewall rules to allow or deny traffic to and from the VM's instances based on specified configuration and used GCP cloud CDN (content delivery network) to deliver content from GCP cache locations drastically improving user experience and latency.
- Highly skilled in Configuring and administeringAWSlikeEC2 instances, EBS volumes and snapshots, AMI's, Security Groups, Elastic IP's (EIP), Key pairs, Autoscaling, Elastic load balancing, AWS Cloud Formation, and Amazon Cloud watch for different zones.
- Experience in handlingAnsibleto manageAWSenvironments and automate the build process for coreAMIsused by all application deployments includingAuto ScalingandCloud Formationscripts.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling, and VPC to build secure, highly scalable, and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Designed scalable and highly available Domain Name System (DNS) within AWS Cloud to route traffic to AWS Cloud from users connected using AWS Direct Connect for larger deployments.
- Planned, designed, and configured Hybrid cloud which enabled servers containing highly sensitive data on-premise while connecting with servers migrated to Google Cloud.
- Configured and implemented the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI Jenkins server and worked on setting up Upstream and Downstream Jobs in Jenkins and used pipeline plugins to manage them.
- Configured, monitored, and automated Google Cloud Services as well as involved in deploying the content cloud platform using Google compute engine, Google storage buckets.
- Created Google storage buckets and maintained and utilized the policy management of these buckets and Glacier for storage and backup on Google cloud. Also Configured a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources.
- Implemented a production-ready, load-balanced, highly available, fault-tolerant, auto-scaling Kubernetes - Google Cloud Platform infrastructure and microservices container orchestration.
- Worked in an environment majorly involved in Infrastructure as a code (IaaC), execution plans, resource graph, and change automation using Terraform. Managed GCP infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Implemented several Test-Driven Development (TDD) & Behavior Driven Development (BDD) while writing test-cases for several java and python scripts using languages Cucumber and Behave for the Unit-tests and integrating them into Jenkins pipeline.
- Written some Templates for GCP infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments and automated infrastructure provisioning occasionally with Terraform and Packer and even automated the image build process using Packer.
- Created and deployed Kubernetes pod definitions, tags, labels, multi-pod container replication. Managed multiple Kubernetes pod container scaling, and auto-scaling.
- Deployed pods using Replication Controllers by interacting with Kubernetes API server defining through declarative YAML files.
- Implementation of new tools such as Kubernetes with Docker to assist with auto-scaling and continuous integration (CI) and Upload a Docker image to the registry so the service is deployable through Kubernetes. Use the Kubernetes dashboard to monitor and manage the services.
- Implemented Docker-maven plugin in Maven POM to build Docker images for all microservices and later used Docker file to build the Docker images from the java, jar files.
- Implemented puppet modules for server housekeeping & actively involved in architecting the puppet infrastructure to manage servers in different environments & deployed web apps using Puppet by developing the manifests. Also responsible for creating and importing all the environments required for running the project.
- Automated configuration and deployment of Linux and Windows using Puppet, also developed automation scripting in Python (core) with the use of Puppet for deploying and managing Java applications on Linux servers.
- Implemented and designed Google Cloud virtual servers by Ansible roles to ensure deployment of web apps. Used file module in Ansible to edit files on remote systems. Used Ansible Tower for running playbook streams in real-time.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of GCP Nodes and Test Playbooks on Google Cloud instances using Shell and PowerShell. Created the Projects, Job templates, and Inventory in Ansible Tower and Integrated the GitHub and setting-up the complete Pipeline process for application teams.
- Bundled automation content with Ansible roles to make the content reusable & made possible advanced execution in automation & Installed packages on remote Agent-less nodes through Ansible playbooks with Ansible roles.
- Well-versed in using Ansible and Ansible Tower to automate repetitive tasks, to deploy critical applications quickly, and proactively manage the changes and wrote several playbooks to manage Web applications.
- Set up GCP Firewall rules to allow or deny traffic to and from the VM’s instances based on specified configuration and used GCP cloud CDN (content delivery network) to deliver content from GCP cache locations drastically improving user experience and latency.
- Configured and implemented the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI Jenkins server and worked on setting up Upstream and Downstream Jobs in Jenkins and used pipeline plugins to manage them.
- Built end-to-end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus to orchestrate changes across servers and components. Maintained the Nexus to store the war, jar files which are deployed by using Ansible in Jenkins.
- Setup up Git repositories, SSH keys for Agile teams, and Configured, deployed GIT repositories with branching, forks, tagging, merging, and notification management. Analyzed and resolved conflicts related to merging of source code for SVN/GIT.
- Used Jenkins as a CI tool for Creating new jobs, managing required plugins, configuring the jobs selecting from SCM GIT, build triggers, build systems and post-build actions, scheduled automatic builds, notifying the build reports in form of XML using JUnit, and save in Nexus repo.
- Created Pre-commit hooks in Perl/shell/bash for authentication with JIRA Pattern Id while committing codes in SVN, limiting file size code and file type and restricting development team to check-in while code commit
- Deployed and configured JIRA, both hosted and local instances for issue tracking, workflow collaboration, and tool-chain automation.
- Working on creating various types of indexes on different collections to get good performance in Mongo database and extracted files from Mongo DB through Sqoop and placed in HDFS and processed it using Hive.
- Launched Database for MySQL and Oracle using RDS in multiple Available zones have set up monitoring for CPU Utilization and limited DB connections by implementing alarms using Splunk.
Environment: GCP, MySQL, Mongo DB, Oracle, Groovy, Bash, Python, Boto3, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, GitHub, GIT, Maven, TomcatApache, Web-sphere, Puppet, Behave, Cucumber, Ansible, Splunk, Consul, Nexus, RHEL, shell.
Confidential, Raleigh, North Carolina
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Worked in highly collaborative operations team to streamline the process of implementing security Confidential Azure cloud environment and introduced best practices for remediation.
- Gathering the requirements from the clients about the existing applications to apply the security measures.
- Understand the latest features like (Azure DevOps, OMS, and NSG Rules) introduced by Microsoft Azure and utilized it for existing business applications.
- Creating, validating, and reviewing solutions and effort estimates of converting existing workloads from classic to ARM-based Azure Cloud Environment.
- Developed automation system using PowerShell scripts and JSON templates to remediate the Azure services.
- Worked on GIT to maintain source code in Git and GitHub repositories and implemented automation for deployments by using YAML scripts for massive builds and releases.
- Created builds and release pipelines in VSTS and done deployments using SPN (secure endpoint connection) for implementing CI/CD and also created LTA (Logical Technical Architecture) diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Used tools like Visual Studio Community Edition, Visual Studio Code, Power Shell ISE, and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Wrote shell scripts to handle server processing migrating applications from .Net to Python monitoring applications and server performance with Splunk and Jenkins.
- Worked on Jenkins to implement Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat/Web Logic Application Server.
- Developed applications and methods with Python for ETL, writing and reviewing code for server-side Python applications.
- Had done POC on implementation of continuous deployment pipeline with Jenkins and Jenkins workflow on Kubernetes.
- Assist with configuration of Cloud Compute systems using OpenStack on Ubuntu, collaboration using Orchestration with Keystone, Kubernetes, and other functions within Open Stack.
- Responsible for Configuring Kafka Consumer and Producer metrics to visualize the Kafka System performance and monitoring.
- Worked for 5 scrum teams (Java, AEM, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, SVN, git, Agile methodology, cucumber scripts, sonar, XL Deploy, and XL Release, SharePoint, CI/CD automation from scratch, Docker).
- Conducted Dry-Run Tests to ensure fool-proof execution of customized scripts before execution in production environments.
- Experienced in building, deploying, and integrating Java-based web applications in a UNIX, including exposure to J2EE/.NET architecture (especially BEA Web Logic, Tomcat, and WebSphere).
- Oversaw the quality of Automated Build plans to help the Delivery process to NON-PROD and PROD Environments.
- Worked on implementing backup methodologies by Power Shell Scripts for Azure Services like Azure SQL Database, Key Vault, Storage blobs, and App Services.
- Practical experience of spinning up multiple resources in minutes usingARMtemplates to reducerepetitive work.
- Configured Cloud Network Architecture using Azure Virtual Networks,VPN, andExpress Routeto establish connectivity betweenon-premiseandCloud.
- DevelopingPowerShellscripts and ARM templates to automate the provisioning and deployment process.
- Installedpatcheson Windows and Linux servers using Automation scripts.
- ImplementingAzure Custom Policies. These policies allow customers to define their own rules for using Azure.
- Providing technical orientation sessions and guidance forNew App Teams.
- Handling escalated support ticketstill closure for MS Azure IaaS platform.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams (firewall team, database team, application team) in the execution of this project.
- Used Service-Now tool for managing incidents and change request tickets.
- Experience in troubleshooting the SQL Server connection issues on incremental deployments.
- Provided status to Business Level management and Technical and conducting Proof of Concept for Latest Azure cloud-based service.
Environment: Azure, PowerShell, XL Release, XL Deploy, Kubernetes, Kafka, GIT, Python, AWS, Redis, VMware, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, SVNPuppet, Open Stack, Docker, Jira, Maven, VSTS, Apache Tomcat Application Server, Salt stack.
Azure DevOps Engineer
- Cloud Administrator on MicrosoftAzure, involved in configuring virtual machines, storage accounts, resource groups. Created VM’s in MicrosoftAzure(IaaS) for migratingVirtual Machinesand applications fromcloudpremisestoAzure. Implemented a production-ready, load-balanced, highly available,fault-tolerantKubernetesinfrastructure.
- Worked onCloudFrontto deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers.
- Implementing and managing global intranet projects using Scrum (Agile framework),Office365, MicrosoftAzure, Hybrid Active Directory, PowerShell, and SharePoint Infrastructure Management tools.
- AdministeringActive Directoryand User & Group administration. ProvisionedAzureresources likeSQL Database, Web App, Storage Account, Redis Cache, Virtual Machine, and HDInsight using Azure Resource Manager (ARM).
- Performed provisioning ofIAAS, PAASVirtual Machines, and Web, Worker roles on MicrosoftAZURE ClassicandAzure Resource Manager. Deployed Web applications onAzureusingPowerShell Workflow.
- Hands-on experience inIAMrequirement analysis, implementation of Access Gateways and SAML, OAuth, WS-Fed based integrations using Ping Federate.
- Utilize and apply Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)IAMfor resources Prepare AzureADconnect in a development environment for an upgrade in the production environment. Review Access Control lists in Active Directory and reviews privileged accounts.
- ManagesIAMproject implementation. Meets project deadlines. Develops and maintains documentation for theIAMproject.
- EstablishedSSOconnections usingSAML andOAuth protocols in theAD AzurePaaS Solutions - (DR on the cloud usingAzureRecovery Vault,AzureWeb and Worker Roles, SQLAzure,AzureStorage).
- MigratedBlobStoragefor document and media file table storage for structuredDatasets,Queuestorage for reliable messaging for workflow processing, and file storage to share file data.
- ConfiguredAzureVPN Point to Site, Virtual networks,AzureCustom security, Endpoint security, and firewall, Designed and configuredAzureVirtual Networks (VNets), subnets,Azurenetwork settings,DHCPaddress blocks,DNSsettings, security policies, and routing.
- Worked with various vendor VPN devices like Cisco ASA, Palo Alto Firewalls, SonicWALL Devices, Sophos firewalls for enterprise customers to migrate their network from On-premise to Azure Cloud.
- Configure Network Virtual Appliances, Web Application Firewall, Network Security Group to enhance security for users Worked with XML files, to configure the .NET core application as well as PowerShell code.
- WrittenAnsiblePlaybooks withPythonSSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations ofAzureNodes and Test Playbooks onAzureinstances usingPythonSDK and Automated various infrastructure activities like continuous deployment, application server setup, Stack monitoring usingAnsibleplaybooks.
- Configuration Automation and Centralized Management withAnsibleand Cobbler. ImplementedAnsibleto manage existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers. Customized theAnsiblemodules for finding facts aboutAzurecloud and taking actions to manage those alarms during deployments.
- WrittenChefCookbooks, recipes using Ruby to automate the installation of Middleware Infrastructure like Apache Tomcat, JDK, and configuration tasks for new environments.
- Executed the automation from commit to deployment directly intoAzureVM by implementing a CI/CD pipeline with the help ofJenkinsandChef. Setting upChefInfra, bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence inChefSCM.
- Worked onAnsibledeployments, written variousAnsiblechiefrecipes,cookbooks,playbookswith multiple roles, tasks with loops,templates, service management, host variables, and group variables.
- Built scripts inshellforMavenbuilds and integratedMavenwithJenkinsto run the automated build process as a part of continuous delivery. Worked in convertingbuild.xmlintopom.xml to build the applications usingMaven.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure.Dockerhas been a core to this experience, along withMarathonandKubernetesfrom the logs and database in the required format.
- Introduced the use of tools and automation to assist with asset management, including Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), PowerShell & SQL.
- Created additionalDockerSlave Nodes forJenkinsusing customDockerImages and pulled them toECR. Worked on all major components ofDockerlikeDockerDaemon, Hub, Images, Registry, Swarm.
- UtilizedJenkinsmaster/slave architecture to distribute builds on nodes and triggerJenkinsjob to build the artifacts usingMaven, deployed theTerraformtemplates to create the stack.
- CreatedDocker imagesusing aDocker fileworked onDocker Container Snapshots, managedDocker Volume, and implementedDocker Automationsolution forContinuous Integration / Continuous Delivery model.
- AutomatedDockerimage deployment to a dev and production environment using Jenkins and ansible.
- Automated MySQL container deployment inDockerusing Python. Involved in creating and working throughDockerimages, containers, andDockerConsoles for managing Application Life cycle.
- Experience in developing Power BI dashboards/reports from data sources like SQL/Azure SQL server, Cosmos DB, and SSAS cubes Developing mobile applications using React Native Build and maintain multiple backend API's using Node.JS.
- Implemented &maintained the branching, tagging & build/release strategies using SCM tools likeGIT, and maintained build packages usingTeamFoundationServer(TFS) onLinux&Windowsplatforms.
- Create the Virtual Machine cluster and load balance for VM's usingPowerShellin SQL & Windows Scripted security reports and management tools in PowerShell.
- Automated Installation and configuration ofApache,Tomcatservers usingPythonand supported implementations ofKafkaandRabbitMQmessage servers runningLinuxandWindowsserver Installation, Configuring, Deploying, Troubleshooting, Administration, and maintenance ofIIS.
- Analyzing theIISlogs to collect information about server events, server performance, and user activity.
- Configuring and managing anELKstack, set up the ElasticsearchELKStack to collect, search and analyze log files from across the servers and Evaluated system logs usingthe ELKsoftware stack.
- MonitoringSPLUNKauthentication and permission for supporting large-scaleSPLUNKdeployments and usedJIRAfor bug tracking, issue tracking, and project management.
- UsedGITas source code management tool, created local repo, cloned the repo and performed add, commit,push, stash, branching,created tags operations. Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in GIT.
- Maintenance ofJIRACloud running with Azure Web Services. Integrating Jira and Service Now using Task top plug-in.
- CreatedSplunkSearch Processing Language (SPL) queries, Reports, Alerts, and Dashboards.
- ConfiguredSplunkfor all the mission-critical applications and using Splunk effectively for Application troubleshooting and monitoring post-go lives.
- DevelopedPython scriptsto automate the build and deployment process for deploying the web services and createdBash, shell, and python scriptsfor various Systems Administration tasks to automate repeated processes.
Environment: VMware, Azure (Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage, Azure AD, Resource Groups, Office365, RBAC), PCF, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Maven, Jenkins, GIT, Cassandra, AEM, Python, Ruby, Shell, Jira, Dynatrace, TFS, Splunk, Oracle, WebLogic Server, VMware, Nexus, Java, .Net, LDAP, JDK, GitHub, Linux.
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Continuously managed and improved the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure, and deployment tools.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Worked on installing Docker using Docker toolbox and worked on the creation of Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Worked with Docker and Kubernetes on multiple cloud providers, from helping developers build and containerize their application (CI/CD) to deploying either on the public or private cloud.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom-sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning instances created in AWS cloud and set up/build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Provide highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create AMIs for mission-critical production servers for backup.
- Experience and good knowledge in AWS (Amazon Web Services) services like EC2, S3, Glacier, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), RDS, SNS, SWF, Cloud watch, Route53, and Lambda.
- Built and Implemented a complete CI stack to migrate from a Puppet stack into Terraform with Chef in AWS.
- Experience in Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, SCRUM, Clear Case, Clear case to Stash Migration, Waterfall methodologies.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git and built Continuous Integration (CI) environment Jenkins and Continuous Delivery (CD) environment.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Implemented Release schedules, communicated the Release status, created Rollout Plans, tracked the Project Milestones, prepared the reports and chaired the Release calls, and worked for a successful Release of JIRA Application and used JIRA to track issues and Change Management.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Configured SSH, SMTP, Build Tools, and Source Control repositories in Jenkins. Installed multiple plugins to Jenkins. Configured Proxy to get auto-updates.
- Server configures management via Chef and System orchestration via Ansible and designing and implementing for fully automated server build management, monitoring, and deployment using Chef.
- Maintain Chef and Puppet servers and management applications that can use Service Now (CI) data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, services, or packages installed on physical or virtual machines.
- Create Chef Automation tools and builds, and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Created Python scripts to automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket, and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Planned release schedules with agile methodology & coordinated releases with engineering & SQA for timely delivery.
- Troubleshoot the automation of Installing and configuring applications in the test environments.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX - Bash, and Shell script.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), VDI, Linux, Ansible, Git version Control, VPC, AWS EC2, S3, Route53, EBS, IAM, ELB, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Nagios, Subversion, Jenkins, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting.
- Installed, configured, and managed OVM Hypervisor Cluster Servers, Linux Servers, VMware ESXi Servers, and Dell EqualLogic SAN.
- Performed data migration across multiple UNIX/Linux, RHEL/OEL/Solaris/HPUX servers, and Windows Servers.
- Experience in architecting and configuring secure VPC through private and public networks in AWS.
- Perform installation, configuration, and testing of a LAMP stack on AWS.
- Perform migration of production LAMP stack to AWS.
- Configured Mail relaying, virtual host, POP3 & IMAP4 services, and enforce security policies.
- Managed user accounts, System Security, Network Printers, and Backup Systems.
- Ensured server security integrity by reviewing and implementing server networking policies outlined by the company.
- Troubleshooting system, network, and user issues, as well as diagnosing hardware/software problems and providing solutions.
- Configured and maintained Samba Server, NFS Server, NIS Server and clients, DNS clients, and AutoFs File systems.
- Adding network printers and conducting day-to-day system administration, including backup/recovery in NAS environments.
- Network management of TCP/IP networks and IP address management.
- Installed, configured, and managed Veritas NetBackup disaster recovery, and Library system.
- Issues related to NFS, NIS, LVM, Grub corruption, configuration and maintenance of RAID (level 0, 1, 5) troubleshooting VERITAS Volume Management and cluster server environment.
- Gained experience working with vSphere, VMWare, VMWare Orchestrator, working with templates and ISO Linux configurations.
- Provided inbound technical support inquiries over the phone, email, and Help Desk ticket tracking system. Documented detailed resolutions, system changes in the ticketing system, and confirming the requestor's satisfaction.
- Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls.
- Attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in the environment.
Environment: Solaris, OEL, Red Hat Linux RHEL, AWS, Oracle 11g/12g, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NFS Server, SAMBA, Apache, POSTFIX, POP3 & IMAP4, SMTP, MySQL, LVM, TCP/IP, and VMware.