- 7+ years of experience in designing Build process, Software Product Development, Process Automation, Build and Deployment Automation, Release Management, Packaging Quality Control, Source Code repository & Environment management.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, Chef, Puppet and Sonatype Nexus.
- Expert in Cloud Technologies like Amazon Web Services (AWS) VPC, EC2, Cloud Formation, S3, IAM, RDS, Route 53, Cloud Watch, Dynamo DB and Elastic Cache.
- Experience in utilizing Cloud Watch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS, DynamoDB tables, EBS volumes; to set alarms for notification or automated actions and to monitor logs for a better understanding and operation of the system.
- Experience in automating build platforms/continuous integration using DevOps architecture.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code.
- Implemented high availability with Azure Classic and Azure Resource Manager deployment models.
- Extensively used Jenkins for continuous integration and for End - to-End automation for all build and deployments. Extensive experience using Build and Automation tools including ANT and Maven.
- Automated, designed and implemented continuous integration using GIT, Jenkins, Ansible.
- Expertise in UNIX performance monitoring and kernel tuning and Load balancing to ensure stable performance.
- Profound knowledge in configuring VLANs, multi-layer switches and supporting STP, RSTP, PVST, RPVST in synchronous with trouble-shooting of inter-VLAN routing and VLAN trunking using 802.1Q
- Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Extensively used Docker for virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy the application.
- Development of automation of Kubernetes clusters with Ansible, writing playbooks.
- Good experience with Docker and Kubernetes on multiple cloud providers, from helping developers build and containerize their application (CI/CD) to deploying either on the public or private cloud.
- Excellent working knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suite and OSI layers.
- Aggressive Problem solver, technically precise, Analytical Thinker, Sharp troubleshooting skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially with respect to technical documentation/support proven track record as an individual contributor and as a member of a team.
Cloud Technologies: AWS (VPC, EC2, S3, Cloud Watch, RDS, Elastic Cache, IAM), Microsoft Azure
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker.
DevOps: Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Vagrant, Docker, Nagios, Terraform, Git.
Middleware File Systems: WebLogic, WebSphere and Tomcat, UFS, VMware, VSphere
Scripting languages: Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl, Shell Scripting
Version Control Systems: GIT, Sub Version, CVS
Virtualization: Oracle VirtualBox, VMware, Vagrant
Database: Elastic Search, Oracle 10.x, MySQL 5.0.2, SQL Server 2005, Postgres SQL, MongoDB
Platforms: Linux (Red Hat, SUSE), Solaris, HP-UX, Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS, Windows
Networking: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP
Web Server: HTTP, Web logic, WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Nginx
System Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Dynatrace
Senior AWS DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Birmingham, AL
- Implemented AWS arrangements utilizing EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling gatherings.
- Used IAM to make and oversee AWS clients and gatherings, and use consents to permit and deny their access to AWS resources.
- Developed scripts in Python which incorporated with Amazon API to control various activities.
- Assisted in moving the existing data Center into the AWS environment.
- Architect and support AWS Private Cloud resources.
- Support and Configured all cloud services including AWS Direct Connect to On-Premise datacenter
- AWS Integration with inner DNS designs AWS Virtual Private Cloud to help application creation and implementation.
- Architect and design AWS Private Cloud Subnets, Security Groups, Network Access Controls, configure AWS Elastic Load Balancing for application high availability and performance.
- Design EC2 instance architecture to meet high availability application architecture and security parameters.
- Setting up Auto scaling of a particular instance gathering utilizing AWS command line tools and AWS cloud environment for Dev/QA environments.
- Automated the Applications and MySQL container deployment in Docker utilizing Python and observing of these compartments utilizing Nagios
- Reduced build + deployment times by planning and executing Docker work flow.
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes.
- Comfortable and adaptable with introducing, refreshing and configuring various kinds of UNIX and Windows.
- Documented all build and release process related items. Level one support for all the build and deploy issues encounter during the build process.
- Automated deployment of builds to various situations utilizing Jenkins.
- Implemented and maintained the branching and build/release methodologies using GIT.
- Responsible for writing the Release Notes, documenting all the useful info about the release, software versions, changes implemented in current release, Defects fixed, Labels applied.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure automation tooling (AWS cloud arrangement, EBS)
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Web server, Nginx and Application Servers, for example, Tomcat, Oracle web logic server.
- Implemented Puppet modules to install configure and maintain web servers like Apache Web Server, Nginx.
- Developed Puppet Manifests utilizing ruby for provisioning applications and contents.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
Environment: EC2, RDS, S3, IAM, VPC, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, SNS, EBS, Route 53, ELB, Amazon Machine image, Elastic Bean Stack, Python, Shell scripting, Linux, MySQL, Jira, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Puppet, GIT, App Dynamics, Splunk, Dockers.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in AN Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole method. Developed Maven build scripts and integrated with Jenkins for automation.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins by installing, configuring and managing plugins for Continuous Integration (CI) and end to end automation of all build and deployments.
- Enabled Continuous Delivery through preparation into many environments like Dev, Test, Staging and Production.
- Installed, configured and managed docker Containers, Docker images for Web Servers and Applications servers like Apache, tom cat using Docker and integrated with Amazon MySQL RDS database.
- Integrate Jenkins with Bitbucket to support automated builds whenever developer commits code utilizing GIT hooks.
- Developed Puppet modules to change automate deployment, configuration and lifecycle management of key clusters.
- Automated cloud deployments utilizing Puppet, python and AWS CloudFormation Templates.
- Created Cloud Formation Templates to integrate and launch EC2, Elastic aches, S3, ELB, and RDS.
- Design roles and groups for users and resources utilizing AWS Identity Access Management (IAM) and managed network security using Security groups, and IAM.
- Worked completely on creating applications which are totally scalable and extremely available in AWS (load balancing) with full automation.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Worked on AWS ECS to create containerized Tasks. Created ECS repos and traced image of apache and php using Jenkins.
- Responsible for the migration of applications supporting apache, JBoss and jetty to AWS.
- Worked on POC for Cisco Stealth watch Cloud Concentrator. Deployed cloud agents on to the EC2 instances and put in cloud concentrator.
- Worked on AWS Code Deploy, to deploy the applications on to the end environment.
- Merging all developer workings copies with shared mainline server for Continuous Integration. Performed Branching, Tagging, and release Activities on Version management Tool GIT.
Environment: Azure, AWS, Red Hat Linux 6&7, Centos 6&7, EC2, Cloud formation, VPC, S3, IAM, Route 53, Code Deploy, Lambda, Apache, Jenkins, Maven, Sonar qube, Tomcat, RDS, MySQL, ECS, Docker, Newrelic, puppet, Bit bucket, Jira.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Developed scripts for automation of all the recommendations provided by CIS & apply then to the Golden AMI so that the Ec2 Servers are most secure.
- ConfiguredCloud watch alerts. Created support case with AWS for any critical issues and follow-up.
- Installed and configured Postfix mail server for email alerts.
- Deployed and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management
- Launching and configuring of Amazon EC2(AWS) Cloud Servers using AMI's (Linux/Ubuntu) andconfiguring the servers for specified applications using Jenkins.
- Automated the complete application using python (for non-windows) & windows Power Shell.
- Setup and launch Amazon Linux and RHEL and Windows ec2 instances, network interface with Elastic IP’s.
- Used Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments.
- Experience in configuring Puppet Master and Puppet agents wrote Manifests to update the Puppet agent using Puppet Master.
- Setup and Configuration of Puppet Configuration Management with specific client requirement such as Create user/remove user, Install /Remove packages and package updates, Configure multi nodes.
- Managed Amazon Web Services like EC2, S3 bucket, RDS, EBS, ELB, Auto-Scaling, AMI, IAM through AWS Console and API Integration with Puppet Code.
- Configured and managing ELBs, Configured and managing S3 storage.
- Designed / developed distributed private cloud system solution usingdocker on CoreOS.
- Developed Networking policies forDockerContainers.
- UsedKubernetesto deploy scale, load balance, scale and manageDockercontainers with multiple names paced.
- Created AMI images of the critical ec2 instance as backup using aws CLI and GUI, Created RDS database.
- Created support case with AWS for any critical issues and follow-up.
- Monitored and worked on alerts for Web server Application pool.
Environment: AWS Services: EC2, S3 & IAM, cloud watch, VPC, RDS database, Jenkins, Docker, GIT, Puppet, Apache 2.x/3. x. Red Hat Linux 4.0, 5.0, Windows, JIRA, Python Scripts, Shell Scripts.
- Configured Jenkins as a common build engine to build and deploy applications to DEV, QA, and UAT and PROD environments with focus on DevOpstools CI/CD.
- Administered Git Repositories and managed account administration, branching, merging, patch fixes and snapshots by creating post commit and pre-push hooks using Python in Git Repositories.
- Knowledge in understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Used the version control system Git to access the repositories and used in coordinating with CI tools.
- Designed the Branching/Merging strategy for all Lobs and to have unique Build/release strategy across platform.
- Experience in creating Jenkins file in the root of a repository by using Groovy that contains a definition of Jenkins Pipeline to automatically manage and execute jobs based on repository branches.
- Worked with Continuous Integration tool Jenkins to build and test the team's software projects and automated Maven builds by integrating them with continuous integration tool Jenkins.
- Used Puppet to create manifests and modules to automate deployments and install rpm's.
- Developed the scripts to push patches, files and maintain configuration drift through the Puppet tool.
- Middleware management of WebLogic, WebSphere and Tomcat. Created the clusters in WebLogic.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Experience in build & deployment in DevOpsthrough automation using scripting languages such as Shell, Bash, Ruby, and Python.
- Experience with patching both manually and automated.
- Created automation and deployment templates for relational and NoSQL databases (standalone and RDS), including MS SQL Server, ORACLE, MySQL.
- Install and configure Splunk for Data retention and log management.
Environment: Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat, Shell, Ruby, Python, MS SQL Server, ORACLE, MySQL, SCM, Splunk, CentOS
- Deployment and support for quality and production oracle databases.
- Managed and administrated of all UNIX servers, includesLinux operating systems by applying relative patches and packages at regular maintenance periods using Red Hat Satellite server, YUM, RPM tools.
- Planned and performed the upgrades toLinux (RHEL 5x, 6x, SUSE 10, 11, CENTOS 5, 6, operating systems and hardware maintenance like changing memory modules, replacing disk drives.
- Handling NFS, Auto Mount, DNS, LDAP related issues.
- Monitoring CPU, memory, physical disk, Hardware and Software RAID, multipath, file systems, network using the tools NAGIOS4.0 monitoring.
- Performing failover and integrity test on new servers before rolling out to production.
- Planned, scheduled and Implemented OS patches onLinux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with the OS build failures.
- Used Chef for managing server application server such as Apache, MySQL, and Tomcat.
- Installation, configuration, and customization of services Sendmail, Apache, FTP servers to meet the user needs and requirements.
- Performing kernel and database configuration optimization such that it limits I/O resource utilization on disks.
Environment: Red HatLinux 5.x, 6.x, Autosys, CentOS, VMware vSphere 4.0, VMware ESX 3.5.0, GIT, Shell Scripting, MySQL, Tomcat, Nagios.