- AWS certified cloud engineer with around 10+ Years of experience in IT industry comprising of Systems Administration and Change Management, Software Configuration Management (SCM), Build and Release management and Process Engineering.
- Currently working on Enterprise - wide development team for AWS-Greengrass based application, middleware, patching and configuration deployment engineering.
- Experienced in Automating, Configuring and deploying instances on AWS and Data centers, also familiar with EC2, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation and managing security groups on AWS.
- Private Cloud Environment - Leveraging AWS and Chef to rapidly provision internal computer systems for various clients.
- Develop Chef cookbooks and role/profiles for installation and configuration of software for required for various applications/blueprints.
- Wrote python scripts to manage AWS resources from API calls using BOTO SDK and also worked with AWS CLI.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks to launch AWS instances and used Ansible to manage web applications, configuration files, used mount points and packages.
- Setup Chef workstation, server and nodes and wrote scripts to deploy applications on Dev, QA, production environment.
- Maintenance and Vulnerability Management of Hybrid infrastructure and CI/CD using Chef - Cookbooks.
- Experience with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, managed On-site Applications/ Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining build, deployment scripts for test, Staging and Production environments using ANT, Maven, Shell and Perl Scripts.
- Maintained high Availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation component with scripting and configuration management ( Chef ).
- Hands-on experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS), Storage, Web Apps, Active Directory, Application Insights, Internet of Things (IoT).
- Strong experience in automating Vulnerability Management patching and CI/CD using Chef and other tools like GitLab, Jenkins, and AWS/Open Stack.
- In depth Knowledge of AWS cloud service like Compute, Network, Storage and Identity & access management.
- Hands-on Experience in configuration of Network architecture on AWS with VPC, Subnets, Internet gateway, NAT, Route table.
- Responsible for ensuring Systems & Network Security, maintaining performance and setting up monitoring using Cloud Watch and Nagios.
- Experience in working on version controller tools like GitHub (GIT), Subversion (SVN) and software builds tools like Apache Maven, Apache Ant.
- Extensively worked on CI/CD pipeline for code deployment by engaging different tools (Git, Jenkins, CodePipeline) in the process right from developer code check-in to Production deployment
DevOps Tools: Puppet Chef, Ansible, Docker and Splunk
Cloud Platform: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure.
Programming Languages: C, C++, Python3.
SCM Tools: SVN, Bitbucket, GitHub.
Operating Systems: Linux (Ubuntu, Lubuntu, RedHat, CentOS), Unix, Windows.
Databases: SQL, MySQL, MariaDB, SQLite
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios
Confidential, Lexington MA
Sr. Enterprise Systems Engineer
- Built S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Work with other teams to help develop the Puppet infrastructure to conform to various requirements including security and compliance of managed servers.
- Built a VPC, established the site-to- site VPN connection between Data Center and AWS.
- Develop push-button automation for app teams for deployments in multiple environments like Dev, QA, and Production.
- Perform troubleshooting and monitoring of the Linux server on AWS using Zabbix, Nagios and Splunk.
- Management and Administration of AWS Services CLI, EC2, VPC, S3, ELB Glacier, Route 53, Cloudtrail, IAM, and Trusted Advisor services.
- Created automated pipelines in AWS CodePipeline to deploy Docker containers in AWS ECS using services like CloudFormation, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, S3 and puppet.
- Worked on JIRA for defect/issues logging & tracking and documented all my work using CONFLUENCE.
- Integrated services like GitHub, AWS CodePipeline, Jenkins and AWS Elastic Beanstalk to create a deployment pipeline.
- Good Experience in architecting and configuring secure cloud VPC using private and public networks through subnets in AWS.
- Amazon IAM service enabled to grant permissions and resources to users. Managed roles and permissions of users with the help of AWS IAM.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using Technologies like Chef.
- Initiating alarms in CloudWatch service for monitoring the server's performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage etc. to take recommended actions for better performance.
- Configured AWS Multi Factor Authentication in IAM to implement 2 step authentication of user's access using Google Authenticator and AWS Virtual MFA.
- Included security groups, network ACLs, Internet Gateways, and Elastic IP's to ensure a safe area for organization in AWS public cloud.
- Writing UNIX shell scripts to automate the jobs and scheduling cron jobs for job automation using commands with Crontab.
- Design AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Created scripts in Python-Boto which integrated with Amazon API to automate greengrass device provisioning, certificate creation, subscription configuration and greengrass deployment.
Environment: AWS, Python, Chef, Shell Script, aws-boto3, containers, Ubuntu, AWS EC2 S3 ELB, PXE boot, Jenkins, GIT, Jira, CloudWatch, PHP, MySQL.
Confidential, Lexington MA
Advanced Linux Administrator
- Remastering the original lubuntu operating system to custom fit the medical device.
- Setting up Jenkins and configured jobs to build customized ubuntu linux operating system.
- Configured firewall for IoT devices.
- Creating and maintaining debian packages for user applications.
- Setup Virtual environments for configuration management tools.
- Created and maintained scripts for chef to maintain configuration for IoT devices.
- Configured Secure file transfer (SFTP) servers for transferring files between on-premise and cloud environment.
- Troubleshot the systems user applications, Linux kernels, Linux device drivers, the underlying hardware and resolved most complex issues.
- Evaluate new products and performed proof of concepts testing of various application and systems from vendors such as HP, Dell, Microsoft, VMWare, EMC and NetApp.
- Created proof of concepts for Infrastructure monitoring platform through Datadog.
- Created Operating system Installer scripts from scratch using shell script.
- Automated Operating system installation over network using PXE.
- Used bitbucket (git) for source code version control
- Used JIRA for issue tracking and monitoring.
Environment: Shell Script, chef, python, containers, KVM, Ubuntu, AWS EC2 S3 ELB, PXE boot, Jenkins, GIT, Jira, CloudWatch, AWK, expect, SED, Perl, PHP, MySQL.
Confidential, Waltham MA
- Created scripts in Python (Boto) which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Involved in designing and developing Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon SWF, Amazon SQS, and other services of the AWS infrastructure.
- Running build jobs and integration tests on Jenkins Master/Slave configuration.
- Managed Servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Puppet configuration management.
- Involved in maintaining the reliability, availability, and performance of Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) instances.
- Conduct systems design, feasibility and cost studies and recommend cost-effective cloud solutions such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Responsible for monitoring the AWS resources using Cloud Watch and also application resources using Nagios.
- Created AWS Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for instance RDP/SSH logon, worked with teams to lockdown security groups.
- Involved in complete SDLC life cycle - Designing, Coding, Testing, Debugging and Production Support.
- Maintained automation and developed Python test scripts, run regression/sanity test release binaries.
- Used Bash Shell Script, AWK, expect, SED, Perl, PHP, MySQL, High Charts for the above operation.
- Planned and assembled very accessible, private AWS clouds.
- Made and oversaw cloud VMs with AWS EC2 command line clients and AWS administration reassure.
- Made screens, cautions and warnings for EC2 has utilizing Cloud Watch.
- Setup Elastic load-balancers for various applications to guarantee high accessibility of utilization.
- Utilized Amazon Route53 to oversee DNS zones and furthermore give open DNS names to flexible load balancers ip.
- Utilized Amazon S3 to reinforcement database occasions intermittently to spare previews of information.
- Built and configured Jenkins slaves for parallel job execution.
- Created and managed puppet modules and chef recipes for system configuration tasks.
- Automated application installation through CI and CD.
- Automated security patch installation with bash shell script.
- Managed and supported application migration from private cloud to public cloud (AWS)
- Worked with JIRA for issue tracking and monitoring.
- Performed PXE network installations to install Ubuntu Linux in ATCA and HP servers
- Built and administrated Continuous Delivery pipelines using Git, Jenkins
- Attended SCRUM meetings from Feature complete until Technical acceptance phases of project.
- Presented reports to the Project manager about the progress and issues tracking key project Milestones, plans and resources.
- Reported defects for the failed test cases and tracking the status on the daily basis.
- UNIX administration and strong software debugging skills.
Environment: AWS, Python-Boto, Shell Script, Docker containers, Ubuntu, CentOS, AWS EC2 S3 ELB, PXE boot, Jenkins, GIT, Jira, Puppet, Chef, Crucible, OpenStack, CloudWatch, Perl, PHP, MySQL.
Confidential, Woonsocket, RI
Linux Systems Engineer
- Created and managed scripts to monitor performance metrics
- Created scripts to alert if the data collection obstructs.
- Configuration & package installation through YUM.
- Deployed and Configured iSCSI server and Client.
- Configured, Installed and Troubleshot Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
- Handled and troubleshot issues like RPM packages, boating, User management and backup.
- IP bonding for load balancing and fail over.
- Hosted and secured web pages using Apache web server and SSL.
- Monitored day-to-day administration and maintenance operations of the company network and systems working on Linux Systems, creating and deploying LVM, resizing the logical volume and volume group.
- Configured and administered LDAP, NFS, FTP, SAMBA and POSTFIX Servers in Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Created, deployed and managed Linux VM using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager, which included moving and migrating VM from one cluster to another cluster or within the same cluster.
- Firmware upgrade, managed the servers, collected Logs, open KVM console for troubleshooting.
- Performance metrics includes, CPU, pass rate, response time, etc.
- Automated log file deletion from the servers.
- Automated day to day activity involved in performance testing operation and other manual tasks to make sure the process is smooth.
- Prepared technical document for the same.
- Assisted release managers and change management coordinators by communicating and coordinating the release activities.
- Prepared weekly productivity reports and submitted test metrics to the management.
- Managed and maintained defects and change requests got from customers in project by using ClearQuest.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between Projects.
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Provided extended support to development and QA team.
- Documented the entire system monitoring process and provided on call support.
Linux Systems Automation Engineer
- Supported AIX, and Linux problems assigned by client operations.
- Installed RedHat Linux using Kickstart and applying security polices for hardening the server based on the company policies.
- Managed DNS, FTP, Apache servers in Linux.
- Installed, configured and maintained DNS, FTP, TCP/IP and Samba on Red Hat Linux.
- Installed, configured and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server, WebSphere Application Server and Samba Server on Red Hat Linux.
- Worked on User admin groups, maintaining account and monitoring system performance using Nagios.
- Managed systems routine backup, scheduled jobs like disabling and enabling CRON jobs, enabled system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Managed UNIX's server services such as Bind DNS, Postfix, Apache web server, Tomcat, MYSQL.
- Worked on the source code, software builds, versioning, & defect tracking on software maintenance tasks/projects.
- Created, deployed and managed Linux VM using VMWare and automated day to day maintenance of VMWare systems using vRealise Automation tool.
- Implemented, administered, and supported heterogeneous environments with expertise in Red Hat Linux.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Used Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven.
- Performed PXE network installations to install Red Hat Linux in HP servers
- Worked on Building new servers from scratch and server monitoring operations using monitoring tools (Nagios, Zabbix).
Environment: Shell Script, SVN, Bind DNS, Postfix, Apache web server, Tomcat, WebSphere, MYSQL, ANT, Maven, expect, FTP, SFTP, Samba, NFS, CRON, KVM, AIX, RedHat, Nagios.
- Wrote Shell scripts for system maintenance and automation of server.
- Created BASH shell scripts to automate CRON jobs and system maintenance. Scheduled CRON jobs for job automation.
- Worked closely with the development and operations organizations to implement the necessary tools and process to support the automation of builds, deployments, testing and infrastructure (infrastructure as code) using puppet.
- Performed network based automated installations of Operating System using Kickstart for RHEL Linux
- Installed and Configured Mail server of Sendmail, and Postfix.
- Cloned and troubleshot VM ESX hosts and guest servers.
- Implemented RAID techniques and the creation of Disk groups and volumes.
- Used JIRA as a Change Management/ Work Management/ SCRUM Agile Tool.
- Spearheaded unit testing of developer code; collaborated effectively with local / offshore teams and users to ensure code met client requirements and achieved targets for application functionality, stability, and availability.
- Installed, setup, configured, security administration and maintained flavors of servers like Active Directory, NFS, FTP, Samba, LDAP, DHCP, DNS, SMTP/Mail Server, Apache Servers, Proxy Servers in heterogeneous environment.
- Installed/Configured/Maintained/Administrated the network servers DNS, NFS and application servers Apache and Samba server.
- Worked on UNIX shell scripting for system/application in automating server task, installing and monitoring applications and data feeding file transfer and log files.
- Worked with Red Hat Package Manager RPM and YUM.
- Worked with and Network Attached Storage (NAS) Team as well to allocate it different servers.
- Patched and packaged administration using PKGADD, PKGRM and RPM, Up2Date tools.
- Worked on a production support environment by creating server monitoring and alerting system.
Environment: Shell Script, CRON, puppet, Sendmail, Postfix, Kickstart, Apache web server, NFS, FTP, Samba, LDAP, DHCP, DNS, SMTP/Mail Server, RAID, Jira, RPM, YUM, NAS, RedHat, CentOS.
- Installed, configured and maintained Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
- Installed Operating System and configured kernel parameters for Linux/Unix servers.
- Worked on creating, maintaining and troubleshooting Disk partitioning, LVM and file management.
- Worked on configuring TCP/IP, network interface, assigning static routes and hostnames.
- Created shell scripts for automating the daily maintenance and update processes in the production environment.
- Administered local and remote servers using SSH (secure shell) tool on daily basis.
- Installed, updated, and configured the necessary packages using the RPM and YUM software/package management.
- Monitored user and group administration, password management, file accessing and advanced file permission privileges.
- Automated some jobs by deploying the CRON tool for job scheduling processes.
- Deployed and installed new servers and their appropriate services for various applications in Linux.
- Ensured the health and security of the Linux boxes which were in use.