- To obtain a dynamic, challenging opportunity that contributes to the outstanding success of the business via 15+ years Information Technology experience from various global industries.
- Over 15 years of IT experience with Enterprise System Administration/Architecture on Wintel, VMware and Citrix technologies.
- Virtualization - vSphere 5, 4, Virtual Infrastructure 3, ESX/ESXi 5.x, 4, 3.x, 2.x, vCenter Server, VMotion, Cloning, Resource Pools, Snapshots, VM Performance Monitoring, DRS, HA, vOrchestrator, VMware View VDI, View Composer, View Administrator.
- Strong Experience with Designing, Managing and Maintaining Windows Active Directory infrastructure consisting of Multiple Sites, Domain Controllers spanned across Globe with Win2K8, Win2K3, Win2K and WinNT Platforms.
- Citrix XenApp 5, 6 Installations, Configuration, Maintenance and Troubleshooting. Access Gateway, Presentation Server 4.5/4.0.XenDesktop, Citrix Resource Management, Web Interface, Installation Manager, Citrix Secure Gateway, etc.
- Administrated and implemented server consolidation program through use of VMware ESX, ESXi, P2V, Capacity Planner servers.
- Extensive experience with Windows Server Administration, maintenance, configuration and troubleshooting. DNS, DHCP, Routing and remote access, DMZ servers, Active Directory, Group policies, VERITAS and Arc serve Backup Technologies.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- vSphere 5.1 to 5.5 upgrade, design, administration; SSO; Inventory Services; vCenter Server; Web Clients.
- Windows 2012, 2008 AD, GPO, User Admin, policies, patch management, WSUS, SCCM. vCenter Operations Manager (vRealize) 5.8 Management vSphere Security Hardening, IRS SCSEMs
- ThinApp packaging, VDI Templates, Pool Creations.
- Horizon View 5.3 VDI, Connection Server, Security Server.
- Windows 2012, 2008 Template creations.
- Netscaler 10.5 Deployment and Config
- Power shell scripting for automating new host configurations.
- Dell PowerEdge R820 Systems configuration and installation.
Confidential, Fargo, ND
- Windows 2012, 2008 AD, GPO, User Admin, policies, patch management, WSUS.
- NetApp Datastore creations, VSC, Snap Mirror, OnCommand System Manager. vCenter Operations Manager 5.5 Management; Custom Dashboards for SAP Resources; External Adaptor configs.
- ThinApp packaging for SAP GUI Clients.
- Migration for SAP Bsis from iSeries to Virtualized Environment.
- Power shell scripting for automating new host configurations.
- IBM HS23 Blade Systems configuration and installation.
Sr. Virtualization Engineer
Confidential, Eagan, MN
- Supported a very complex VI environment consisting on 20+ vCenters, 2000+ Hosts and 20000+ VMs
- Windows 20XX, Active Directory, Group Policies, Patch Management, WSUS, Domain Controller, SCCM, etc. vCloud Director 5.1; VDI and regular hypervisor support for vsphere 5 vDS, Trunking, VLAN Tagging, NIC Teaming policies.
- NetApp based Datastore provisioning for new builds
- HP G7, G8 Blades and c7000 Series chassis
- Beta testing vSphere 5.1 Single sign On feature.
- Monitoring via vCOPS; vCenter alarms, etc
- Service manager for ITIL processes.
- Configuration of new ESXi (5.x) clusters for new projects.
- Configuring vDistributed Switches, Storage Profiles, HA, DRS, etc.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Documenting Architectural Changes/Planning for DR Migration and setting up new Virtual Infrastructure.
- Designed policies and best practices with uploads on inter departmental Wiki.
- Migrated existing sites to DR vSphere Infrastructure with HA, DRS, DPM enabled clusters.VMotion, VMware Update Manager, vMA, powerShell, VDistributed Switch, Host Profiles, etc.
- Designed VMware View 5 VDI (Windows 7) Solution for 1500+ Users, View Connection Manager, View Composer, etc.
- VMware View Persona Management policies, Automated Pools, Linked Clones, Custom OS Images (Windows 7), PCOIP, etc.
- Integrating VMware ThinApp with VDI environment for lower footprint & better performance.
- Server Consolidation for existing Datacenter involving P2V, V2V for 800+ odd Servers,vSphere Security Design, vCloud Director, Managing Virtual Resources for hosted Apps, VMs.
- Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Domain Services,SCCM 2007,GPO, DNS,WSUS,Security Auditing, Cross Domain Trusts, User and Group Management, etc.
- HP Gen 6,7 Blades(ProLiant BL460c)Setup, Virtual Connect, Onboard Administrator configurations and Upgrade.
- Supporting existing VMware Infrastructure (5 vCenters, 300+ Hosts, 3200+ VMs)
- Change Management Control and Problem, Incident management using Service Now; acted as Change approver for vSphere Infrastructure
- Windows2003/2008 Server Template builds, Security hardening.
- SEP11, 12Management; Managed Client administration and deployments
- Designed, Documented and Implemented vSphere Infrastructurewith HA, DRS, DPM enabled clusters.
- Conducted meetings with Business owners for establishing Project needs and setting Deliverables.
- ManagedVMware Upgrade Projectfrom Virtual Center 2.5 to vSphere 4 suite.
- ManagedServer Consolidation Projectfor existing Datacenter involving P2V, V2V for 450+ odd Servers.
- VMware View 4,5& XenDesktop 5Proof of Conceptfor Telecommuters
- DesignedBestPractice Documents, Infrastructure Build, Visio Diagrams & Whitepapers.
- IBM Blade Setup (HS22, HS22V and X3850M2, X3950M2, etc.)
- Worked with SAN Admins to design & configureClariion(CX3, CX4 series) andSymmtrixVMAX based LUNs.
- Supported existing VMware Infrastructure (vSphere 4, ESX 3.5, VC 2.5) consisting of 50+ Hosts and 900+ Guests (Windows and Linux).
- Change ManagementControl and Problem, Incident management using Remedy
- Security Lockdowns for Hosts and Guests usingVMware Compliance Checker, STIGs
- VMware DRS, HA, VMotion, vOrchestrator, VCB, VMware Update Manager, Host Update Util., VDistributed Switch, Host Profiles,etc.
Sr. Infrastructure COnsultant
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Design, Document and Engineered VI Environment and Windows Network for 6 physical sites.
- ClusteredVMware ESXi4on HP DL380 G6,Virtual Center 4.0, VMotion, VMware HA, DRS, VirtualMachines templates, Sysprep, etc.
- Created 6 Datacenter Infrastructure based onWindows Server 2008 64bitActive Directory with 3 parallel networks i.e. Business Network, DMZ and Management.
- VM Server prep for SAP deployment.
- Citrix XenApp 5.0Farm configuration, 10 Serversconsisting 6 sites, 20+ application publishing. Setting up Web Interface, Secure Gateway.
- Power Shell, Shell & VB Scripting for various Administrative tasks.
- Built, Deployed and ConfiguredVMware Guestson Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2008 andWindows 2003 Servers.
- Windows OS build, IP Configurations, Domain Builds,Active DirectorySite Builds, GPO, andSupport & Administration.
- SSL, VPNdeployment through ISA and NPS.Windows 2008 Remote Desktop Publishing.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.5002.333 , Installation, Configuration, Custom Client Package build and remote/local deployments
- Windows Server 2008 64bit Domain Controllers, DHCP, DNS, KMS Servers.
- Windows ISA 2006 Server, Network Policy Server, Certification Authority (PKI).
- SQL 2005 Server setup and Database restores.
- ITIL, Change Management
Windows tier 3 consultant
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Third tier support ofVMWare ESX, P2V Conversions, Virtual Center, Citrix PS4.5 and XenApp Server, Citrix Policies, Publishing Applications, Streamed Applications, Citrix Load Evaluators, Windows AD, ADAM, Windows IIS and Terminal servers.Vista GPOs, Extensive Group Policy creations.
- Business Intelligence Reference Architecture for secured access to Federated Data Warehouse using Kerberos delegation between Windows and UNIX (DB2), Crystal Reports and Business Objects.
- Citrix Applications publishing UAT, QA and Production.
- Server remediation and Migration project consisting 600+ Citrix Servers. Created a new Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 Farm and migrating servers from old XPe farm
- MSI, MST Installer packages creation for various applications.
- GIS application publishing with Citrix NetScaler
- Implemented Citrix XenApp with Server 2008 in isolated environment.
- Physical to Virtual conversion,Renaming Servers, IP Configurations, etc.
- Network security requests completed for all project roll outs on the Active Directory site.
- Secured channel setup between Windows, UNIX and Mainframe using IPSEC, FTP over SSH.
- Implemented Cross Platform authentication using key tabs and SPNs for SSO.
- Implemented BIRA with Server 2008 in isolated Hyper-V environment.
- Symantec Endpoint ProtectionAdministration, Policy Creation, AV Packages creation for end users.
- Security Scripts and Issuances, Security Profiles Configurations and Security Templates for ServerHardening.
- Maintain whole disk Encryption (Bit Locker, Utimaco Safeguard)Change Management Coordinator for Windows Team. System Monitoring via BMC patrol and System Center Operations Manager 2005, Configuration of SNMP Traps and SCOM clients/agents, VPNout of home office as needed to support systems.
Wintel Systems Engineer/Consultant
Confidential, Conway, AR
- Grid Computing Project, setup testing environment including various installations: Windows 2003 Ent. Servers (Virtual Servers on ESX3.0), Citrix PS 4, SQL 2005 (Administration and Distributed Databases), Windows System Update Server 3.0, HP-Mercury, QTP, IBM Rational ClearQuest, etc.
- VMware ESX server builds and Wintel Windows 2003 Server builds thereafter.Active Directory and Windows 2003 Terminal Server security roll out for ClearQuest developers (in China) for Grid testing.
- Citrix Isolated application publishing along with MSI, WSF packages.
- Citrix Presentation Server 4 for secured access (Secure gateway) to overseas customer
- Configurations for SQL 2005 (Administration and Distributed Databases)
- Patch Management System setup with Windows System Update Server 3.0
- HP-Mercury, QTP, IBM Rational ClearQuest, etc
- Change Management Procedures. ITIL Terminology
- Access Lockdown using GPO.
- Citrix Application publishing for overseas Software testers.
- Implemented new Dell Power Edge 2850 blades and enabled Confidential SAN connection (with SAN Team) then server handoff to development team for testing.
- ITIL Practiced procedures i.e. Change Management, Configuration Management, etc.
Sr Wintel Engineer
- Windows Active Directory infrastructure Management consisting of 30 Domain Controllers spanned across Australia and Asia.
- 3000+ Servers on Win2K3, Win2K and WinNT Platform. Deployment of 25+ ESX 3.0 Servers with 150+ Windows 2K3 Virtual Servers, Virtual Center, Service Console Configurations.
- SAN Connectivity, LUN Assignment ( Confidential ).
- Installed Citrix Metaframe XP servers, configured servers for load balancing, configured applications set up Network Neighborhood for clients and resolve problems on client through Netmeeting.
- Tier-2 support functions for remotes access issues for Citrix users. Created test site for Citrix Metaframe XPe farm under Windows 2003 for various application testing as published application such as Documentum, Iris, etc. Vulnerability Assessment reporting using Shavlik NetChk Protect 5.6.0 for scanning of Networks.
- Security Checks for ensuring no obsolete account existence.
- Security logs/Timestamps analysis. Group Policies/Audit Policies and Disk Quotas.
- Patch Management using Shavlik NetChk Protect 5.6.0 and Microsoft SUS server.
- Maintained DNS and DHCP servers. Managed DFS and Cluster servers with Confidential .
- Maintained Files and Folder Security Permissions, etc.
- Software deployment using SMS 2003, Operating System Deployment with SMS.
- Technical documents creation and upkeep KB. Queue Management in Ticket Reporting System like Remedy Action Request System and Unicenter Service Desk.