- Sr Cloud DevOps engineer with over 8 years’ experience inCloud (Azure, AWS, GCP),DevOps, Configuration management, Infrastructure automation, Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD). I can implement effective strategies for N - Tier application development in bothCloud and On-premisesenvironments. Experience in dealing withUnix/Linux and Windowsserver administration.
- Expertise in Architecting and ImplementingAzure ServiceOffering, such asAzure cloud services, Azure storage, IIS, Azure Active Directory (AD), Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Azure Storage, Azure, Blob Storage, Azure VMs, SQL Database, Azure Functions, Azure Service Fabric, Azure Monitor, and Azure Service Bus.
- Hands on experience on Backup and restoreAzure servicesand in Design and configureAzure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing. Azure cloud services, Blob storage, Active directory, Azure Service Bus, Cosmos DB.
- Expertise in AzureScalabilityand AzureAvailability- Build VMs availability sets using theAzureportal to provide resiliency forIaaSbased solution andVirtual Machine Scale Sets (VMSS)usingAzure Resource Manager (ARM)to managenetwork traffic.
- Experience in migrating on-premises applications toAzureand configuredVNETsandsubnetsas per the project requirement also performedPowerShell scriptingto doPatching,Imaging, andDeployments inAzure.
- Knowledge ofAzure Site RecoveryandAzure BackupInstalled and Configured the Azure Backup agent and virtual machine backup, EnabledAzure Virtual machinebackup from theVaultand configured theAzure Site Recovery (ASR).
- Implemented a CI/CD pipeline usingAzure DevOps(VSTS,TFS)in both cloud and on-premises withGIT, MS Build, Docker, Mavenalong withJenkinsplugins.
- Experience in writingInfrastructure as a code (IaC) inTerraform, Azure resource management, AWS Cloud formation.Created reusableTerraform modulesin both Azure and AWS cloud environments.
- Experience in Infrastructure Development and Operations involvingAWS Cloud Services, EC2, EBS, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, Auto scaling, CloudFront, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, API Gateway, Route 53, Cloud Watch, SNS.
- Expertise in buildingCI/CDon AWS environment usingAWS Code Commit,Code Build,Code DeployandCode Pipelineand experience in usingAWS CloudFormation, API Gateway,andAWS Lambdain automation and securing the infrastructure onAWS.
- Experience in changing over existingAWSinfrastructure toServerlessarchitecture(AWS Lambda, AWS Kinesis)through the creation of aServerlessArchitecture usingAWS Lambda,API gateway,Route 53, S3 buckets.
- Experience inKubernetesto deployscale, load balance,andmanage Docker containerswith multiple names spaced versions usingHelm charts.
- Experience in managed Kubernetes services such asGoogle Kubernetes engine (GKE), Azure Kubernetes and AWS Elastic container service.
- Hands-on in usingOpenShiftfor container orchestration withKubernetes, container storage, automation, to enhance container platform multi-tenancy. Experience withOpenShift, Kubernetesarchitecture and design, troubleshooting issues and multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large-scale applications.
- Proficiency in usingDocker Hub, Docker Engine, and Docker images, Docker Weave, Docker Compose, Docker Swarm, andDocker Registryand usedcontainerizationto make applications platform when moved into different environments.
- Proficient in creatingDocker imagesusingDocker File, worked onDocker containersnapshots, removing images, and managingDocker volumesand implementedDockerautomation solution forCI/CDmodel.
- Extensive experience in installing, configuring and administeringJenkins CItool on Linux machines and usedJenkins Pipelinesto drive all Microservices builds out to theDocker Registryand then deployed toKubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Involvement in developingAPIsusingKubernetesto manage and specify the copies of the containers to run the actual servers in the cloud environment.Scheduled,deployedand managedcontainerreplicas onto anode clusterusingKubernetesand deployedDockercontainers throughKubernetesto manage theMicroservicesusing itsNodes, Pods, ConfigMaps, Selectors, Services.
- Expertise in configuring themonitoringandalerting toolsaccording to the requirement likePrometheusandGrafana, setting upalertsanddeployed multiple dashboardsfor individual applications inKubernetes.
- Experience inConfiguration management toolssuch asChef, Ansible,andPuppet.Wrote Chef Recipes and cookbooks inRubyscripting.
- Hands-on experience in bootstrapping the nodes usingknifeand automated bytesting Chef Recipes, Cookbooks with test-kitchen and chef spec. Refactored Chef andOps WorksinAWS cloudenvironment.
- Experienced inAnsibleTower, which provides an easy-to-use dashboard and role-based access control and in developingAnsibleplaybooks for managing the application/OS configuration files in GIT hub, integrating with Jenkins, and Verifying with Jenkins plugins, deploying the application in Linux environment.
- Experience inAnsiblesetup, managing hosts file, UsingYAMLlinter, authoring various playbooks and custom modules with Ansible and Ansible Playbooks to automate in AWS services like LaunchingEC2, ProvisioningIAM, ConfiguringVPC,EBS, Monitoring usingCloud WatchandCloud Trail.
- Well versed in configuring an automated toolPuppetthat included installation and configuration ofPuppetand writtenmanifestsand modules for apuppetto do tasks like applicationdeployment,configurationand createfilesystems.
- Expert in Setting up Continuous Integration (CI) by configuring Build, Code, Deploy and test automation Jobs inJenkinsfor different applications and in creation and deployment using Codeship to automate branch & project creation in Git using (Groovy language) in Jenkins file and automating (using Ansible).
- Professional indeployingand configuringElasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana(ELK) and AWSKinesisforlog analyticsand skilled inmonitoringservers usingNagios,Splunk,AWS CloudWatch, Azure MonitorandELK.
- Skilled withPython, Bash/Shell, PowerShell, Ruby,Perl,PowerShell,JSON,YAML,Groovy. DevelopedShellandPythonScripts used to automate day to day administrative tasks and automation of thebuildandrelease process.
- Experience inJava, C, C++, C#, Net, and ASP.Netto manageSoftware Configurationsand builds in aUNIXenvironment.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in implementingService-Oriented Architecture (SOA)usingXMLbasedSOAP/RESTful API Web Services.
Public & Private Cloud Technologies: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), OpenStack, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
Containerization Tools: Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, Apache Mesos, OpenShift
Configuration Management: Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt Stack, Terraform
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, GitLab CI, Travis CI, Hudson, VSTS, TFS.
Build & Testing Tools: Maven, Ant, Gradle, Selenium, JUnit, NUnit, xUnit
Version Control Tools: Git, Subversion, GitHub, Bitbucket.
Performing/Monitoring & Bug Tracking Tools: ELK, Nagios, CloudWatch, Azure Monitor, New Relic, Splunk, Grafana, Prometheus, Confluence, and Jira. VMware ESXI, Vagrant, KVM, Windows Hyper V, Power VM, vSphere 5Citrix
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, Nginx, WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, Samba, SQL Server.
Databases: Dynamo DB, MySQL, RDBMS, NoSQL, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, Mongo DB, Oracle DB
IDE Tools: MS Visual Studio, NetBeans, Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, PyCharm, Oracle SQL Developer
Networking/Protocols: DNS, DHCP, FTP/TFTP, NFS, SMTP, TCP/IP, NIS, HTTP/HTTPS, WAN, LAN, Palo Alto, Cisco Routers/Switches
Scripting/Programming Languages: Python, Shell Scripting, Bash Shell, Korn Shell, Ruby, Groovy, PowerShell, YAML, Perl, C, C++, .NET, ASP.NET, Java, Java/J2EE, Go.
Operating Systems: RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, Solaris, Windows, MacOS.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
Sr Azure Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Created recommendations on how to duplicate a subset of on-premise machines to theAzure Infrastructure as a Service(IAAS) offering which will be used for disaster recovery. This analysis included the specifics to synchronize on-premise data with SQL Server and SharePoint instances hosted in VMs.
- Worked on Azure Site Recovery and Azure Backup- Deployed Instances on Azure environments and in Data centers and migrating to Azure usingAzure Site Recoveryand collecting data from all Azure Resources using Log Analytics and analyzed the data to resolve issues.
- Configured Azure Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) as a part of Azure AD Premium to securely authenticate users and worked on creating custom Azure templates for quick deployments and advancedPowerShellscripting. Deployed Azure SQL DB with GEO Replication, Azure SQL DB Sync to standby database in another region & Fail over configuration.
- Worked onServerless services, created and configuredHTTPTriggers in theAzure Functionswith application insights formonitoringandperformingload testing on the applications using theVisual Studio Team Services(VSTS)alsocalled asAzure DevOps Services.
- CreatedAzureAutomation Assets,Graphical runbook,PowerShell runbookthat willautomatespecific tasks, deployedAzure ADConnect, configuringActive Directory Federation Service (AD FS)authentication flow,ADFSinstallation usingAzure AD Connect, and involved in administrative tasks that includeBuild,Design,DeployofAzure environment.
- ConfigureContinuous Integrationfrom source control, setting up build definition withinVisual Studio Team Services (VSTS)and configurecontinuous deliveryto automate the deployment ofASP.NET MVCapplications toAzure web appsand managedAzure Active Directory,Office 365and applied upgrades on a regular basis.
- Implemented aCI/CDpipeline withDocker,Jenkins(TFSPlugin installed),Team Foundation Server (TFS),GitHubandAzure Container Service, whenever a newTFS/GitHub branchgets started,Jenkins, ourContinuous Integration (CI)server, automatically attempts to build a newDocker containerfrom it.
- Worked withTerraformTemplates to automate the Azure IaaS virtual machines using terraform modules and deployed virtual machine scale sets in production environment.
- ManagedAzureInfrastructureAzure Web Roles,Worker Roles,VM Role, Azure SQL,Azure Storage,Azure ADLicenses,Virtual Machine Backupand Recover from a Recovery ServicesVaultusingAzure PowerShellandAzure Portal.
- WrittenTemplatesforAzure Infrastructure as codeusingTerraformto build staging and production environments. IntegratedAzure Log AnalyticswithAzure VMsfor monitoring thelog files, store them and track metrics and usedTerraformas a tool,Manageddifferent infrastructure resourcesCloud,VMware, andDockercontainers.
- Worked onOpenShiftforcontainer orchestrationwithKubernetescontainer storage, automation to enhancecontainerplatform multi-tenancy also worked on withKubernetesarchitecture and design troubleshooting issues andmulti-regionaldeployment models and patterns forlarge-scaleapplications.
- Deploying windowsKubernetes (K8s)cluster withAzure Container Service (ACS)fromAzure CLIand UtilizedKubernetesandDockerfor the runtime environment of theCI/CDsystem tobuild,testandOctopus Deploy.
- UsingAnsiblecreated multipleplaybooksfor machine creations andSQL server, cluster serverand my SQL installations.
- UsedAnsibleto Setup/teardown ofELKstack (Elasticsearch, Log stash, Kibana) and troubleshoot the build issues withELKand work towards the solution.
- WrittenAnsible handlerswith multiple tasks to trigger multiple handlers and to decouple handlers from their names, making it easier to share handlers among Playbooks and Roles.
- ManagedKubernetescharts using Helm, Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Implemented Docker -maven-plugin inMavenpom.xml files to build Docker images for all Microservices and later used Docker file to build the Docker images from theJavajar files.
- Designed, wrote and maintained systems inPython scriptingfor administeringGIT, by usingJenkinsas a full cyclecontinuous deliverytool involving package creation, distribution, and deployment ontoTomcat applicationservers via shell scripts embedded intoJenkinsjobs.
- MaintainedArtifactsin binaryrepositoriesusingJFrogArtifactory and pushednew Artifactsby configuring theJenkinsprojectJenkins Artifactory plugin.
- Involved inJiraas defecttrackingsystem and configure various workflows, customizations, andpluginsforJira bug/issue trackerintegratedJenkinswithJira,GitHub.
- Worked withNagiosforAzure Active Directory&LDAPand Data consolidation forLDAP users.Monitoredsystem performance usingNagios, maintainedNagiosservers and added newservices & servers.
- Built andmanageda highly availablemonitoring infrastructureto monitor differentapplication serverslikeJBoss, Apache Tomcatand its components usingNagios.
Environment: s: - Azure, PCF, Office 365, Terraform, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Azure ARM, Azure AD, Azure Site Recovery, Kubernetes, Python, Ruby, XML, Shell Scripting, PowerShell, Nexus, JFrog Artifactory, Jenkins, Git, Jira, GitHub, Ansible, Docker, Windows Server, TFS, VSTS, LDAP, Nagios.
Confidential, Lakewood, CO
Sr AWS Cloud / DevOps Engineer
- Provisioned and administeredEC2instances and configuringEBS, Simple Storage(S3)cross region replication,Elastic Load Balancer, configure Auto scaling, setting up CloudWatch alarms, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), mapping with multiAZ VPCinstances andRDS, based on architecture.
- Worked on Amazon EC2 setting up instances,virtual private cloud(VPCs), and security groups and created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions and used BOTO3 and Fabric for launching and deploying instances in AWS.
- ConfiguredAmazon S3, Elastic Load Balancing, IAMandSecurity Groupsin Public and Private Subnets in VPC, created storage cached and storage volume gateways to store data and other services in the AWS.
- Architected and configured a virtual data center in the AWS cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups and Route Tables.
- Used Security Groups, Network ACLs, Internet Gateways, NAT instances and Route tables to ensure a secure zone for organizations in AWS public cloud.
- Worked on migration services like AWSServer Migration Service(SMS) to migrate on-premises workloads to AWS in easier and faster way using Rehost "lift and shift" methodology and AWSDatabase Migration Service(DMS), AWS Snowball to transfer large amounts of data and Amazon S3 Transfer Acceleration.
- Worked in anAgiledevelopment team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Puppet & Chef.
- WrittenTerraformscripts to automateAWS serviceswhich includeELB, CloudFront distribution, RDS,EC2, database security groups,Route 53, VPC, Subnets, Security Groups, andS3Bucket and converted existing AWS infrastructure toAWS Lambdadeployed viaTerraformandAWS CloudFormation.
- ImplementedAWS Elastic Container Service (ECS)scheduler to automate application deployment in thecloudusingDockerAutomation techniques.
- ImplementedDocker-maven-plugin inMaven pom.xmlfiles to buildDocker imagesfor allMicroservicesand later usedDocker Fileto build theDockerimages from theJava jar filesalso CreatedDockerimages using aDocker File, worked onDocker containersnapshots,removingimages and managingDocker volumes.
- WrotePythonscripts using theBoto3library to automatically sign up the instances inAWS EC2andOpsWorks stacksand integrated withAuto Scalingwith configuredAMI’s.
- UsedGitversion control to manage the source code and integratingGitwithJenkinsto support buildautomationand integrated withJiratomonitorthe commits.
- Worked onAWS costsby writing theAnsible Playbooksfor autoStart/Stopof AWS resources at the time of the day by triggering it fromJenkinsand knowledge onRHELonAnsible Playbooks,ModulesandRoles.
- Designed variousJenkinsjobs to continuously integrate the processes and executedCI/CDpipeline usingJenkins,Ansible PlaybooksandAnsible Tower.
- Deployed and configuredChefserver including bootstrapping ofChef clientnodes for provisioning and experience in developingChef recipesthroughKnifecommand-line tool, customized Ruby scripts to create Chef cookbooks to manage systems configuration onChef Serverto initiateChef Nodes.
- AWS Cloud management usingChef Automationand automated the cloud deployments using chef, python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- UsedJenkinsand pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to theDocker-registryand then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed usingKubernetes.
- Set up and managedELK ( Elasticsearch, Logstash & Kibana)Stack to collect, search and analyzelog filesacross servers, log monitoring and created geo-mapping visualizations using Kibana in integration withAWS CloudWatchandLambda. Evaluated system logs using ELK software stack.
- Created automation and deployment templates for relational andNOSQLdatabases includingMongoDBandRedis.
Environment: - AWS, Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, Git, Jira, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Maven, Nagios, ELK, Java, SonarQube, Shell, Bash, Ruby, Python, DynamoDB, Cassandra.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Cloud / DevOps Engineer
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost allAWS stack (Including EC2, S3, AMI, Route53, RDS, SNS, SQS, IAM)focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, andAuto-ScalinginAWS Cloud Formation.
- Maintained the user accountsIAMRoles,Route 53(CNAME),VPC,RDB,MongoDB,SQS&SNSservices inAWScloud.
- CreatedPython scriptsto totally automateAWSservices which includes web servers,ELB, Cloud Frontdistribution, database,EC2and database security groups and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Involved in creating the company's DevOps strategy in a mixed environment of Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, and RHEL) servers.
- Experience in writingAnsible playbooksby usingYAMLscript to launchAWS instancesand used to manage web applications, configuration files, used mount points and packages.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks, inventories created customplaybookswritten inYAMLlanguage, encrypted the data using Ansible Vault & maintained role-based access control by usingAnsible Tower& Implemented IT orchestration using Ansible to run tasks in a sequence which can work on different servers.
- Virtualized the servers using theDockerfor the test environments and development environment and performed configuration automation using Docker containers.
- WroteCI/CDpipeline inGroovyscripts to enable end to end setup ofbuild & deploymentusingCloud Bees Jenkinsand developed an end to endCI/CD PipelinesinJenkinsto retrieve code, perform tests and push buildartifactstoNexus.
- Wrote scripts for thebuild,deploy,maintainusingJenkins,Git,Maven,Python,and Bashand worked onCI/CDinvolvingRun Deck JenkinsandAnsibleto complete the automation from commit to deploy.
- WrotePythonscripts using theBoto3library to automatically sign up the instances inAWS EC2andOps Works stacksand integrated withAuto Scalingwith configuredAMI’s.
- UsedGitversion control to manage the source code and integratingGitwithJenkinsto support buildautomationand integrated withJiratomonitorthe commits.
- IntegratedDocker container-based test infrastructure toJenkins CItest flow and set up build environmentintegratingwithGitandJirato trigger builds usingWebhooksandSlave Machines.
- ImplementedGitforBranching,Merging,Taggingand maintaining the version across the environments onLinuxplatforms and, designed and implementedGit Metadataincluding elements, labels, attributes,triggers, hyperlinks.
- Installed and configured DHCP, DNS, and web servers like Apache, IIS, and mail servers like SMTP, IMAP, POP3, and file servers onRHELservers.
- Implemented aCI/CDframework using Jenkins, Maven & Artifactory in Linux environment and Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Git and JIRA.
- MaintainedJenkinscontinuous integration tool usingshell/Perlandrubyscripts for automating releases to different environments.
Environment: - AWS, Chef, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins, Docker, Ruby, Python, Linux, Bitbucket, GitHub, Nagios, Shell, Bash, groovy, RHEL, Apache, IIS, Linux, SMTP, IMAP, POP3, RHEL, VMWare vSphere, Jira.
Build and Release Engineer
- UsedJenkinsas continuous integration tool: creating new jobs, managing required plugins, configuring the jobs selecting required source code management tool, build trigger, build system and post build actions, scheduled automatic builds, notifying the build reports.
- Develop/Improve continuous integration scripts and automation scripts and perform database deployments, Responsible for troubleshooting environmental issues.
- Implementing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery framework using SVN, Bitbucket, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, Nexus, Control Tier, Make in Linux environment.
- Involved in the Consulting, Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation of automated Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment pipelines and test automation solutions.
- Worked on in creating various modules and automation of various facts inPuppet, adding nodes to enterprisePuppet Masterand managingPuppet agents. CreatingPuppet manifestsfiles and implementingPuppetto convertIaC.
- IntegratedBitbucketwithJIRAfor transition JIRA issues from within Bitbucket Server and monitored the JIRA issues in Bitbucket Server.
- Implemented and configuredNagiosfor continuous monitoring of applications and enabled notifications via emails and text messages.
- Builtand managed a highly availablemonitoringinfrastructure to monitor different applicationserversand its components usingNagios.
- Designed and scripting usingAntforJ2EE,Web Services, ReusableJARS,Web ClientandOpen Sourcein creating Masterbuild.xmlbuild Properties and provided technical support to thedevelopment teamfor compilation problems.
Environment: - Linux, Windows, Tomcat, Jira, Confluence, Hudson, Bamboo, JBoss, Puppet, Puppet DB, Ant, Maven, SVN, Bitbucket, Nagios, Java, Shell Scripting, Python, Bash, Perl, Kickstart, Java, Agile, Scrum, Splunk.
- Installation, administration, configuration of RHEL 5/6 including package management, patch management, regular system administration tasks.
- Install Red hat enterprise Linux 5.4, RHEL 5/6, SUSE 10/11, and Ubuntu, CentOS on HP and IBM servers, creating partitions on the EVA 4400 using Linux volume Manager (LVM) to create disk space.
- Manage Virtual Machines, Installing VMware Tools, Creating Templates, Cloning, Deploy Virtual Machines using Templates, Converting Physical to Virtual Machines (P2V).
- Working with developers to load software onto UNIX servers and debugging Scripts.
- Performed package and patching management and debugging in all flavors of UNIX& Linux.
- Troubleshooting and analysis of hardware and failures for various Solaris servers.
- Perform daily maintenance routines on Linux servers, monitoring system access, managing file space, and tuning the system for optimum performance.
- Monitored server and application performance & tuning via various stat commands (vmstat, nfsstat, iostat) and tuned I/O, memory.
- Administered security, users, disks, Groups administration, File Sharing Permissions, daily backup and restore operations, networking service, performance, and resource monitoring.
- Installed and Administered VMware ESX 3.5 in multi-cluster environment with 8 physical nodes in each cluster.
- Installed and maintained several Linux and Windows servers on virtual environment.
- Created users on Active Directory, synched the users on JIRA and assigned groups and spaces.
- Created events, email notification schemes and assigned project roles on JIRA.
- Network trouble shooting using 'netstat', 'ifconfig' and Worked closely with Vendors on Hardware Problems, software fixes.
- Administration of NFS, NIS, DNS, Samba and Send mail servers.
- Respond to all UNIX / LINUX systems problems 24x7 as a part of on call rotation and resolving them on a timely basis.
Environment: RHEL 4/5, CentOS 4/5, Fedora 9/10/11(beta), Ubuntu 8.10/9.04 Server, Debian SID, VMwareESX, Veritas File System, Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas Cluster Server.