- Diligent and results - driven cybersecurity and network infrastructure professional with 9 years of professional experience on critical DOD & DOE networks.
- Background knowledge encompasses the installation, configuration, maintenance, security, upgrades, and replacements of LAN/WAN hardware and software technologies.
- Heavy experience troubleshooting layers 1-3 of the OSI model. Project lead for numerous internal DOD & DOE installations with superior leadership of teams up to 15 technicians.
- Exceptional customer service and coordination skills involving multiple government agencies. Experience also covers RMF, Security Assessments, POA&M drafts, and NIST compliance.
- I possess CompTIA A+ & Sec+, CCNA certifications, a B.S. in Computer Networks & Cybersecurity, and MBA in IT Management. In addition, I hold active DOD & DOE TS/ SCI clearances. Continuously striving for personal and professional development, emphasizing in leadership, team building, administration, and management skills.
Cisco Ethernet Switches: 29xx, 35xx, 3750,3850, 4500, 6500
Cisco Routers: 2600, 2900,7600,7900
Cisco Firewalls: 5515, Firepower 2130, F5 LTM
Operating Systems: Cisco IOS, MS Windows
Systems Management: Tenable Nessus, Solarwinds, Cisco ASDM, Splunk, ARS Remedy, FACiT, TCATS
Confidential, Livermore, CA
- Administers continuous maintenance for various network infrastructure devices across multiple classifications
- Executed security control assessment using NIST SP
- Conducts weekly compliance scans
- Replaced 20+ Cisco switches
- Remedied major security vulnerability within 24 hour notice
- Updated Cisco Firepower 2130 OS & installed licenses
Confidential, Livermore, CA
- Administers continuous maintenance for network infrastructure
- Renewed F5 BIG-IP LTM’s licenses and upgraded IOS
- Identified security vulnerability by analyzing network devices’ operating systems
- Troubleshot, identified, and resolved network issue preventing external network access
- Upgraded 30+ Cisco switches to current, stable IOS
Systems Control Technician
- Performs 24/7 cyberspace transport maintenance activities for $13M secure long-haul communications
- Tracks performance indicators for 192 C2 circuits
- Sustains daily operations of ticket managing and troubleshooting in support of $15M DISA Site
- Supervises shift workers in support of organization missions, including upgrade training
- Resolved emergency link outage with replacement of two cryptography devices
- Assisted SATCOM terminal maintenance by replacing high-powered amplifier (HPA)
- Installed and configured 6 Enhanced Bandwidth Efficient Modems (EBEM)
- Identified ECU system failure, coordinated with site lead and emergency services to replace coolant line.
- Redesigned NIPR cable infrastructure, terminated & installed over 600ft of CAT5 cable
- Resolved over 500 customers tickets/issues in FACiT & TCATS
Network Infrastructure Technician
- Executed 24/7 operational maintenance on 18 networks of numerous classifications.
- Directly supported over 700 Distributed Ground Station (DGS-2) users.
- Provided technical support for JWICS, NSA, NIPR, SIPR, ISAF, GCTF and USBISCES systems.
- Maintained over 4,000 Voice over IP phones, including installation, configuration, and troubleshooting as part of daily operations.
- Configured, maintained, and troubleshot network hardware, cabling, and crypto equipment.
- Led shift workers in trouble ticket management and project support.
- Led local Unified Computing System Migration of VoIP phones.
- Oversaw network switch replacements, closely managing 564 fiber links.
- Configured NSA network communications path, including circuit patches and data link debugging.
- Expended intrusion detection system reach with additional 250ft fiber run.
- Rebuilt record management program, updated several file plans and correcting 4 program area discrepancies.
- Drove system upgrade configuring 3 auto target networks to support 6 aircraft
- Managed small team for the installation of patch panels, fiber termination and patching for incoming squadron.
- Executed squadron infrastructure move including 4 networks facilitating $62M MILCON project.
- Rectified TS network outage by reconfiguring faulty encryption devices.
- Upgraded Cisco IOS on networking devices spanning across multiple sites.
- Installed dedicated SIPRNet C2 circuit for Group Commander
- Conducted DGS-2 network audits on 835 network items, identified 9 network vulnerabilities and provided solutions
- Remedied TS outage by identifying and repairing damaged network cables
- Directed Command suite move with the relocation of several secure VoIPs
- Outfitted offices for Inspector General team with the installation of numerous PCs, VoIPs, and printers
- Troubleshot DGS-2 NIPRNet fault, identified faulty network card, and coordinated with network admins to rectify issue
- Installed 300ft of fiber cables to aid in squadron relocation
- Executed TS VTC expansion project by installing 45 network devices - received LOA by Wing Intelligence Chief
- Restored HD video services to TS network for UAV by installing two fiber patches and configuring four ports - supporting a $1B DGS-2 weapons system
- Restored ISR live mission video feed by reconfiguring router and firewall access lists