- Professional experience of 7+ years in the field of ITindustry focused on Cloud Implementation, Build and Release management, Linux Administration, Software Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Orchestration and Containerization.
- Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible play books and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins.Expertise in working with different Bug Tracking Tools like JIRA, Bugzilla, and Qualitycenter.
- Experience in using Tomcat and JBoss Application servers for deployments.
- In - depth understanding of the principles and best practices of SoftwareConfiguration Management (SCM) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations.
- Experience in requirements gathering, analysis, solution design, development, setup, implementation, testing, customization, maintenance, and support and Data migration.
- Reviewed existing manual Software builds, developed scripts to automate repeated tasks that are more susceptible to errors and risk using Python and Shell Scripting.
- Used Docker as a new level of simplicity to defining and creating applications or services by encapsulating them in containers.
- Experience with container based Virtualized deployments using Docker, with Dockerimages, Docker Hub and Docker registries.
- Excellent Analytical and Communication skills, Quick Learner, Versatile Team player, Organized, Self-Motivated, have the ability to pick up new technologies and solve complex technical problems.
- Experience in working as DevOps engineer for release automation to achieve Continuous integration, Continuous delivery and Continuous deployment (CI and CD).
- Installed and Administered on GIT Server, migrated Projects from Subversion to GIT.
- Experience in maintaining AWS (Amazon Web Services) EC2 (Elastic Cloud Computing) resources like instances, EBSvolumes, snapshots, Elastic Load Balancers (ELB), VPC, AMI's, security Groups, elastic IP's, Key pairs and Amazon Cloud watch for different zones in different environments
- Responsible for operational support activities to ensure availability of customer websites hosted on AWS cloud infrastructure using Virtual privatecloud and publiccloud.
- Managed Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS using ansible, Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Ansible.
- Installed Jenkins Plug-ins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Artifactory) and Deployed Apps using custom ruby modules through Ansible.
- Expertise in using build tools like Maven and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Working experience with Jenkins continuous integration Tools including installation, configuration of jobs, pipelines, security set up and process and integrated with tools like Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Created Jobs for Builds and Deployments, installed several Plugins in Jenkins to support multiple build eco systems required for the implementation of projects.
- Continuously deployed and administered Linux servers using Ansible and automated product installation and configuration.
- Have experience in provisioning infrastructure using Terraform.
- ContainerisedSpring Boot Java Microservices using Docker and created build lifecycles using Maven and Jenkins
- Expertise in writingAnsible playbooks, modules and roles.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous
Configuration Management: Ansible
Continuous Integration: Jenkins
Version Control: Git, SVN
Build Tools: MAVEN, ANT
Cloud Platforms: AWS
Package Management: Nexus, Artifactory
Issue Tracking: JIRA, Bugzilla and SonarQube
Virtualization: Docker, Vagrant and Kubernetes
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 5/6), Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows and Unix
Databases: Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ETL, Datawarehousing.
Web & Application servers: Tomcat and Apache.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk
Confidential, Salt lake City, Utah
- Working with developers to understand project requirements and help create application environments and on-boarding new projects.
- Experience with container based deployments using docker, working with docker images, packaging artifacts(jar, war, python libs, gem ..) and configuration files using gradle. Writing dockerfile, creating deployment script(nomad and yaml) to deploy to cloud environment.
- Create/build, (pre-PROD and PROD) containerized deployment scripts, software release pipeline and CI/CD infrastructure to support the SearchAds ad product that was launched across 40+ countries. Supporting 300+ developers on site.
- Worked with image snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing director structure and managing containers.
- Worked on container deployment on Hashi Corp stack -Nomad and Consul Cluster.
- Experienced in Application deployment using docker, supervisord, nomad into consul clustering.
- Experienced in writing git hooks.
- Experienced in using Artifact Repository for gradle builds.
- Completely handled migration activities from Teamcity to Jenkins
- Debug and resolve multiple build errors on Teamcity/Jenkins on a daily basis and also any deployment errors
- Configured monitoring services using Splunk and integrated applications to it
- Experienced in Artifacts management: Maintain local repo on artifactory for on- premise rpms(s), jar(s). maintain remote repository serves as a caching proxy for three parties artifacts (gem, pip, maven, jcenter...). maintain docker registry for images. Writing up auto-housekeeping tasks using bash/python scripts and automation jobs to maintain daily operations.
- Created the naming strategy for branches and labels and involved continuous integration (CI) system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in's come from the developer.
- Worked with various services of AWS: EC2,,ELB, Route53, S3, CloudFront, RDS, IAM, Cloud Watch and Cloud Formation.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Implemented and designedAWSvirtual servers by Ansible roles to ensure deployment of web applications.
- Implemented & maintained monitoring & alerting of production and corporate servers using Cloud Watch.
- Maintained and developed infrastructure using Ansible, Jenkins, and multiple AWS tools.
- UsedAnsibleTower, which provides an easy-to-use dashboard and role-based access control, so that it's easier to allow individual teams access to useAnsiblefor their deployments.
- Worked on Ansible Playbooks and Ansible Tower to automate repetitive tasks, to deploy critical applications quickly, and proactively manage the changes.
- Collaborate in the automation of AWS infrastructure viaAnsible, and Jenkins - software and services configuration via Ansible Playbooks.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack Monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Initiated responsibility for administering the SVN and GIT servers which included install, upgrade, backup, adding users, creating repository/branches, merging, writing hooks scripts, performance tuning, troubleshooting issues and maintenance.
- Created Jobs in Jenkins by setting up global permissions and scheduling jobs using poll SCM.
- Migrated legacy applications to a repeatable Continuous Integration platform.
- Create and maintain thousands of virtual machines using Docker and UNIX skills.
- Successfully migratedtheold Jenkins to New Jenkins on a different VPC, providing a solution for all the hurdles in migration.
- Configured Jenkins as a CI engine to build and promote applications to QA, UAT and Staging environments.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing a complete automation solution.
- Represented our team in the Productionwar room and worked on high priority and severe defects with minimal time frame.
- Worked in agroup running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS cloud configuration. Also gain familiarity with surrounding technologies likeKubernetes.
- Automated the Applications and MySQL container deployment in Docker using Pythonand monitoring of these containers using Nagios.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Installed, configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Deployed built artifacts to the WebLogic application server using MAVEN.
- Experience in monitoring System/Application Logs of server using Splunk to detect Production issues.
- Developed automated rollback deployment on Staging/Production server. Purpose is to undo previous deployment in database, properties files and war files changes.
Environment: ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Shell Script, Python, SVN, GIT, AWS, Linux, Docker and Kubernetes.
Confidential, Irvine, TX
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Extensively worked on various cloud environments like AWS.
- Handled operations and maintenance support for AWS cloud resources which includes launching, maintaining and troubleshooting EC2 instances, S3 buckets, Virtual Private Clouds (VPC), CloudFormationTemplate, Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) and Relational Database Services (RDS).
- Experienced in Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Used Ansible to deploy ELK for automating continuous deployment (CD) and configured Nodes and deployment failure reporting.
- Capable of doing Ansible setup, managing hosts files, Using Yaml linter, authoring variousplaybooks and custom modules with Ansible.
- Used Ansible for application of automatic deployment and provisioning to different environments.
- Developed different virtual environments using Docker and Docker Compose to achieve development of low weighted application specific environments.
- Scripting with shell, PowerShell for Docker automatic kicking off virtual instances and other system administration task automations.
- Involved in merging, delivering and rebasing from dev branch to higher level branches in Git. Also, installed configured various Jenkins plug-ins to automate Continuous build deployments.
- End to End Client Server Installation & Customization of Jenkins through the automation of build/deployment process for respective application/project.
- CI/CD pipeline management through Jenkins for automation of manual tasks using Shell scripting.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Jenkins, GitHub, Ansible and AWS.
- Worked on GIT which includes creating new users, Branching, Merging the changes and writing some pre-commit & post-commit hook scripts.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process. Worked with different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Involved in setting up JIRAas a defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining build, deployment scripts for test, Staging and Production environments using ANT and Maven.
- Created Docker images that handled Tomcat installation using major versions on the existing Maven-based image and then worked on building and testing these images.
- Monitoring SDLC process compliance with respect to release and change procedures and suggesting improvement.
- Coordinating with multiple vendors across development leads for deploying packages to QA environments
Environment: ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Shell Scripts, SVN, GitHub, AWS, Docker, Oracle,Tomcat, Apache.
Build & Release Engineer
- Developed installer scripts using Ant, Python and UNIX for various products to be hosted on Application Servers.
- Troubleshoot Build and Deploy Issues, with little downtime.
- Organize and Coordinate Product Releases work closely with product development, QA, Support across global locations to ensure successful releases.
- Implemented Chef to deploy the builds for Dev, QA and Production.
- Build scripts using ANT build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Install, Configure and Administer Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, and SonatypeNexus.
- Parse the Application and System logs using Python and PowerShell for all business applications to proactively monitor and trace errors with automated email alerts to various teams internally.
- Automated Continuous Build and Deploy Scripts for Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration tool.
- Work with application development and operation teams using a variety of automated testing and build, and deploy tools (Maven, Ant, Nexus, Jenkins, SVN, Selenium, and JUnit) to resolve issues with transition to new DevOps solutions.
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools like SVN and GIT.
- Member of the Technical Design team, Build and Release Module for Development of new products.
- Documented release metrics, software configuration process.
Environment: Git, Maven, Jenkins, Tomcat, Apache, Python, Ruby, Chef, Selenium, Artifactory, Chef-solo/server, Oracle.
- Experience in Developing CRON, BASH, PERL, Python shell scripts to automate cron jobs and system maintenance. Scheduled cron jobs for job automation through Autosys. Performed Shell Scripting(bash, python and ruby) to monitor logs, disk space, services and process.
- Wrote Bash and Python scripts for Linux Email server to increase security, to scan and modify emails contents in real time traffic and to automate as much as possible Sys Admin tasks and to comply with HIPPA regulations.
- Installation, integration and management of data backup/recovery solutions. Management and configuration of VMware virtual machines running, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Oracle Linux servers.
- Written Shell scripts to automate the deployments to JBoss Application Servers deployed to Unix/Linux environments.
- Installation, integration, and management of data backup/recovery solutions. Configuration and Management of VMWare machines running Oracle/Sun Solaris, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and Oracle Linux server