- IT professional with around 7 years of Information Technology industry experience with ability to accomplish all aspects of the UI design and deployment of the application i.e., Software deployment engineering
- Expertise in AWS Administration Services like EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, RDS, Dynamo DB, Auto Scaling, Security Groups, AWS IAM Services in Users, Groups, Policies, Roles, AWS Access Keys and MFA.
- Managed multiple AWS accounts with multiple VPC's for both production and non - production environments where primary Objectives included automation, build out integration and cost control.
- Experience in Linux/Unix System Administration, Network Administration and Application Support working on Red Hat Linux 5/6/7, environments.
- Experience in Package Management using Red Hat RPM/YUM and Red Hat Satellite server.
- Experience in working with Version Control Systems/ Source Code Repository tools like GIT, Bit bucket maintaining /troubleshooting the CM tool in UNIX and Windows environment.
- Integrated Jenkins with various Build tools to achieve successful implementation of Jenkins CI/CD pipeline, Developed Scripted pipeline to version control various pipelines and maintain the Source of Truth.
- Implemented CI/CD using Jenkins. Configured security to Jenkins and added multiple nodes for continuous deployments. Deployed applications using build tools like Ant and Maven. Strong understanding of build.xml and pom.xml files.
- Worked on Nexus, Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven builds to upload/download the built Artifacts.
- Expertise in analysis, design and development of custom solutions/applications using Microsoft technology stack.
- Experience in database design and development using SQL Azure, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access
- Implemented Chef/Puppet as Configuration management tool, to automate the repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and manage the changes.
- Used Ansible to auto deploy servers rapidly as per the requirement. Implemented and designed AWS virtual servers by Ansible roles to ensure deployment of web applications.
- Good Experience in working with container-based deployments usingDocker, Docker images, Docker file, Docker Hub, Docker Compose and Docker registries. Developed Docker files to create Images of the Build that are later used in the Task and service definitions to deploy tasks on AWS ECS clusters on AWS EC2 instances.
- Configured AWS Lambda as an event-driven, server less computing to automatically run code in response to events and automatically manage the computer resources required by the code.
- Hands on experience on working with System health and performance Monitoring Tools like Nagios, Splunk, Cloud Watch and ELK to monitor OS metrics, server health checks, filesystem usage etc.
- Experience in programming/Scripting languages like C, C++, Java, XML, shell scripts, Python, Ruby, Chef (DevOps) to automate the deployments using scripts.
- Wrote automation scripts inPythonfor Extracting Data from JSON and XML files.
- Good hands-on working experience in Application and Web servers like IIS, Tomcat, Apache, JBoss, Nginx.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Expertise in dumping a code into the microprocessor using the Assembly language, got awareness regarding chips like 8081, microcontroller and voltage controller and charge controller.
Version Control Tools: GIT, GitHub
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Sonar
AMI creation/CD tools: Spinnaker, packer
IAAC (Infrastructure as a code): CloudFormation, Terraform(v0.11.3)
Log analysis tools: Splunk, ELK
Performance Monitoring Tools: Nagios, APPD
Web technologies/languages: HTML, XML, JAVA Script, java, Assembly language
Ticketing tools: Jira, Confluence, ServiceNow, HPSM
Configuration Management Tools/Scripting tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, terraform, Shell Script, JSON, Python, groovy
Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Open stack.
Web/ Application Servers: Apache, Tomcat, JBoss 4.x/5.x, WebLogic, Inginix, IIS
Arti-factories: Nexus, Artifactory, Docker Hub
Virtualization: Docker, Kubernetes
Testing Tools: Junit, JMeter
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu), Windows 2003/2008/R2/2012
Software: FASM, TURBO C++, PUTTY, NALAB VIEW
Confidential - Herndon, VA
- Responsible for migrating the on-premises application capital markets operations portal from data centers to cloud (AWS) with services ECS, ELB, VPC, SG’s route 53 etc.,
- Developed the shared library used for Migration wrote in groovy which helped around 10-11 applications to get migrated in an automated fashion for containerized platform.
- Developed the automated CFT’s (CloudFormation’s) generation for yaml, json using the python based up on the user input given in the properties file.
- Developed the CFT’s for the ELB, lambda, ecs, security groups based up on the application requirement and integrated it in the Jenkins shared library where the developer need not to maintain the CFT scripts at all in the SCM repository less risk from infrastructure side (Hiding the infrastructure code).
- Developed around the 5 centralized pipelines for resource provisioning in the AWS, deployment of application configurations with the parameter store properties creation based up on the user input via config pipeline, ECS pipeline for ecs application deployment, CloudWatch pipeline for alarms.
- Developed customized pipelines for the common’s jars pushing and the route 53 creation which are unique pipeline for especially the application collateral integration manager.
- Maintaining the Jenkins pipelines to run with stages without error from scm to deployment using uDeploy for deploying infrastructure and application deployment.
- Implemented the sonar qube code quality tests where the code is sent to sonar website using curl commands getting the accuracy based on the code input from sonar project properties which is also integrated in the shared library
- Finding out the security vulnerabilities to de-commission them and onboard to the latest software and versions
- Working on the SAM (small account model) where we can break down the entire business to small application to make the infrastructure available under single aws account.
- Working on the Kubernetes POC to better complex the application ho sting in order to save the cost for the company.
- Developed the automated mars json files creation which in turn creates the multiple CloudWatch alarms based up on the input per application specific
- Responsible for the automating the CloudWatch alarms with incidents tickets in prod using the mars and regular email alerts in QA and test and incident generation in PROD
- Deployed the target groups for ecs containers to auto scale based up on the health check per application via nginx container.
- Responsible for on-call support 24*7 during prod release and as well responsible for the incidents that got created when the services get disruptions.
- Responsible for cross account connectivity for some of the resources where the traffic flows from the SNS to SQS and vice versa etc.., .
- Responsible for including the Dynatrace inside the container to gather metrics and generate the alerts for the metrics that we get from the service container.
- Responsible for the URL monitoring, will generate the incident if the service health check reports the code 4XX or 5XX etc., other than 200 in order to maintain the zero down time of the application.
Environment: uDeploy, jenkins1x, jenkins2x, antifactory, nexus, AWS services, Docker, terraform ruby, python, shell, groovy
Confidential - Richmond, VA
DEVOPS ENGINEER/JENKINS ADMINISTRATOR
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Managed and improved build systems and integrated test automation framework, providing support for continuous, nightly and milestone builds across multiple streams of development and assisted developers with the timely resolution of any build failures.
- Migrated client’s application from a physical data center environment to AWS cloud utilizing relevant services (Including Cloud formation, VPC, EC2, R53, S3, RDS, ELB, SNS, SES, IAM, Cloud watch, cloud trail), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, auto-scaling and disaster recovery.
- Focused on Infra as a code and deployment approach using agile practices and the implementation of processes, methodologies and techniques configured for the specific project.
- Responsible for contributing reasonable changes in the lead retrospective meetings and training on the usage of JIRA tool to track the changes.
- Design and implements solutions in all the application teams (automation of processes, reports or monitoring)
- Migrate applications from deprecated platforms like Nexus, Subversion, Jenkins1.x, uDeploy to Cloud Nexus, GitHub, Jenkins2.x, Artifactory
- Manages and co-ordinates Wipro offshore DevOps team for platform and infrastructure deliverables
- Interacts with Network, Unix and application feature team to maintain legacy infrastructure including patching, updates.
- Troubleshoot various issues and maintain the Jenkins platform status.
- Manages the organization’s platform applications deployed in the Amazon Web Services public cloud platform and internal data center
- Work on Jenkins Data pull, delete, restore the Jenkins jobs and update the weekly/monthly reports
- Troubleshoot the issues in GitHub and resolve the merge conflicts using commands in CLI and UI.
- Resolve issues that occurred in the production environment during the on-call support for the Jenkins platform
- Install and implement new feature request plugins, runtimes and functionality requests by the users.
- Create the new Jenkins master accordingly by the user request and also adding the new feature to the existing master as well.
- Adding the required code for the chef cookbooks in order to add the plugins, runtimes, master request contents.
- Develop automation code using Opscode Chef and ruby to build AWS environments autonomously
- Test automation code in virtual environments and with testing tools such as Test Kitchen and Chef Spec.
- Create documentation for Chef best practices to be used by developers as a guide to Chef Automation.
- Testing the output in the local environment by spinning up the stack to validate the code changes.
- Creating a pull to pass the integration environment where the code will pass through OSS scan security and lint checks.
- Configures and maintains application and database physical and virtual instances (VMWare, Amazon EC2)
- Automated the Credential rotation on Jenkins (Vault app role, standard username password) with groovy script.
- Automated customized plugins installation on Jenkins with groovy init.d scripts.
- Responsible for detecting the large logs on the master and send it to the ELK for monitoring
- Automated the plugin download and uploads to artifactory via shell scripting, Check the dependencies of the plugins as well .
- Trouble shooting with various AWS resources like EC2, S3, VPC, ASG, VPC’s, cloud watch and IAM .
- Work to add IAM/Minion roles to the AWS accounts, make sure the trust-relation shops between the accounts were added with the proper IAM roles
- Responsible for maintaining docker runtime containers in all the agents of Jenkins via chef.
- Run the builds end to end CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code
- Trouble shooting with various AWS resources like EC2, S3, VPC, ASG, VPC’s, cloud watch and IAM.
- Work to add IAM/Minion roles to the AWS accounts, to get the connectivity between Jenkins agents and the AWS accounts.
- Troubleshooting the network connectivity from a Jenkins agent to the desire hosts.
- Monitoring and writing the autoscaling for the CPU utilizations for the Jenkins masters and the Jenkins agents, if the utilization exceeds the autoscaling takes place
- Creates the Admin groups for the Jenkins master in order to get the developers access that Jenkins master via AD
- Builds the cookbook for the desired code version and spinning up local environment to make sure changes made will not affect the current infrastructure.
- Joins for on-call 24/7 production incidents to help the user get their build pass through the error.
- Responsible to create the prod incidents in ServiceNow for emergency change order for the Paper proof of that incident
Environment: uDeploy, jenkins1x, jenkins2x, artifactory, nexus, AWS services, Docker, Chef, terraform ruby, python, shell, groovy
Confidential - Germantown, MD
Devops /Cloud Engineer
- Migrated on premise Infrastructure on to AWS Cloud using Rehost “lift and shift” methodology and developed Continuous Integration pipeline using Jenkins to deploy a multitude of applications utilizing the AWS services Including VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, and IAM, Elastic load balancing, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Watch by focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Implemented AWS Code Pipeline and Creating Cloud formation templates and Launched EC2 Instances using Amazon machine Images (AMIs) (Linux/ RHEL /Ubuntu) for development, test and production environment with respect to specific applications and created users, groups, assigning roles and permissions using IAM service.
- Experience in deploying Kubernetes cluster using Kops, Kube-Adm on AWS and VMware. Configured Kubernetes Master and various nodes, configured Consul for service discovery, interacted with API server using Kubectl command line utility
- Configured AWSECS for deploying and orchestrating containers by defining tasks and services. Leveraged Blue Green deployment by developing Ansible playbook to change configuration of services to ramp up or down the number of Tasks running in the overall cluster
- Automated the creation of S3 buckets and policies and IAM role based policies trough Python Boto3 SDK. Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies and archived files in Glacier and by using AWS Database Migration Service (DMS) migrate homogeneous migrations such as oracle to oracle and Oracle to Amazon Aurora.
- Maintained Microsoft IIS 7.5 webserver during deployments and production for .net applications.
- Configured ElasticLoadBalancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups and Worked on Cloud Watch alerts for instances and using them in Auto-scaling launch configurations.
- Eliminated the states that are accumulated in Jenkins server by developing the scripted pipeline in Groovy to version control and make it distributable across organization
- Worked on Python Boto3 Scripts to Automate AWS services, include web servers VPC, ELB, RDS, EC2, IAM,S3 bucket, Cloud Front Distribution and application configuration. This Script creates stacks, single servers or joins web servers to stacks.
- Developed AWS Cloud Formation Templates to deploy complete Stack in multiple accounts. Developed Cloud-Init scripts to bootstrap newly spun instances on to the Chef Server.
- Developed Continuous Integration pipeline using Jenkins and developed various Bash and Python scripts for deploying the applications on to the AWS Cloud and on premise VMWare vSphere Infrastructure.
- Developed Jenkins pipeline which creates the images of all the successful build and pushed then in the AWS ECR that is later consumed by the Kubernetes cluster to do the rolling deployments by consuming the images.
- Built EAR and WAR files with custom configuration settings using Maven Tool Kit and further developed Ansible Playbooks to pull the Artifacts stored in Nexus to continuously deploy the archives on to Apache Tomcat Web Server, IIS Servers and WebSphere Application Servers
- Migrated few Cloud formation templates to Terraform by using various AWS modules and Secured the Terraform state file in S3 buckets. Used Terraform Plan to meticulously detect and analyze the changes that will be inflicted after Terraform Apply.
- Worked on Ansible as Configuration management tool to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deployed critical applications and Implemented Ansible Tower dashboard and role-based access control that is easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Developed Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots and managing Docker volumes also deployed Docker Swarm using Ansible.
- Worked on Docker to containerize the Application and all its dependencies by writing Docker file and Docker-Compose files and Docker container snapshots and managing Docker volumes and deployed Docker Swarm using Ansible.
- Setup Docker to automate container deployment through Jenkins and Worked on Docker container to create Docker images for different environments.
- Worked on Docker and Kubernetes on cloud providers, from helping developers build and containerize their application (CI/CD) to deploying either on public or private cloud.
- Implemented BLUE GREEN deployment to maintain zero downtime to deploy process in Tomcat, WebLogic and JBoss using Python and shell scripts to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers and automating administration tasks.
- Extensive working experience and Design/Plan, Installation in various Linux4/5/6/7flavours (CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu, Fedora, Solaris and Debian), Windows Server 2008-R2/2012-R2, SUSE Linux 10/11, Sun Solaris 8/9/10
- Worked on web servers like Apache and application servers like Web logic, Tomcat, WebSphere, JBOSS to deploy code and Integrate with Jenkins (CI) for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Configured ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) to analyze and visualize the Application and system logs, Configured Splunk forwarders to detect SSL certificate expirations and Nagios to detect Network Latencies between systems.
- Scheduled Splunkbased Reports and Alerts to monitor the system health performance and breachesand maintained Splunkbased native Role and User creation
- Worked on s troubleshooting both server and application level issues and logging JIRA tickets as per the requirement.
- Actively participant in scrum meetings, reporting the progress and maintain good communication with each team member and mangers.
Environment: AWS, Ansible, Chef, RHEL, VMware, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Python.
Linux Admin/Devops Engineer
- Worked on installation, configuration and maintenance Debian/Redhat, CentOS and Suse Servers at multiple Data Centers.
- Configured RedHat Kickstart for installing multiple production servers.
- Installation, Configuration and administration of Ec2 servers.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using puppet.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Up gradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Developed and supported the Red Hat Enterprise Linux based infrastructure in the cloud environment.
- Proficient in using all Amazon Web Services including EC2, EBS, IAM, S3, ELB.
- Experience working with production servers at multiple data centers.
- Experience in migration of consumer data from one production server to another production server over the network with the help of Bash and Perl scripting.
- Used Puppet for Monitoring system and automation.
- Installed and configured monitoring tools Nagios for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status.
- Integrated Maven build to Anthill Pro.
- Experience in AWS, which included managing application in the cloud and creating instances.
- Developed automation scripting inPython (core)usingPuppetto deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Worked on Version controller like GIT and integration tools: Jenkins.
- Logged events from forced crash dumps and troubleshoot server issues.
- Configured yum repository server for installing packages from a centralized server.
- Installed Fuse to mount the keys on every Debian Production Server for password-less authentication.
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools (PUPPET, Ansible).
- Installed and configured DCHP server to give IP leases to production servers.
- Management of RedHat Linux user accounts, groups, directories and file permissions.
- Applied the Clustering Topology that meets High Availability and Failover requirement for performance and functionality.
- Installation, Configuration and administration of DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS, NIS+ and Send mail on Redhat Linux/Debian Servers.
- Configured, managed ESX VM’s with virtual center and VI client.
- Installed packages with yum and rpm.
- Installation and configuration of Postgres SQL database on RedHat / Debian Servers.
- Performed Disk management with the help of LVM (Logical Volume Manager).
- Configuration and Administration of Apache Web Server and SSL.
- Created and maintained network users, user environment, directories, and security.
- Provide the support of building the server, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, software installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting and KVM.
- Provided 24/7 on call support on Linux Production Servers. Responsible for maintaining security on Red hat Linux.
Environment: uDeploy, jenkins1x, jenkins2x, antifactory, nexus, AWS services, Docker, Chef, terraformruby, python, shell, groovy