- Motivated and experienced network engineer with broad knowledge and demonstrated experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting network routers, switches, and Wi - Fi access points.
- Possess extensive knowledge of network topology, IT operations, architectures, network infrastructure design, configuration, and management to create a network solution with teh specifications set by teh client.
- Ability to work with command line configurations on routers and switches that included VLANs, VTP, HSRP, BGP, QoS, DHCP, and STP to ensure proper functionality of teh network.
- Possess a Secret Security Clearance. Veterans' Preference: 10-point preference based on being a service-connected disabled veteran.
- Agile Environment
- Audio/Visual Support
- Business Analysis
- Cisco Communications
- Cybersecurity Principles
- Data Analysis
- Firewall Analysis
- IEEE Standards
- Network Analysis
- Network Security
- Networking Support
- Virtual Private Networks
OPERATING SYSTEMS/VIRTUALIZATION: Windows 7/8/8.1/10, MAC OS (9.0 to 11.2), Linux/Unix (Hummingbird & Passport), Citrix application virtualization 4.0 - 6.5, VMWare, Microsoft Terminal Services, Citrix XenApp, ConnectWise
SUPPORT SOFTWARE / ERP / CRM APPLICATIONS: MS Office, Office365, SAP, Oracle, WebEx, WebPro, QicTic, SView, RDC, VNC, Zendesk, Slack, Zoom, Google Suite
WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY: Mobile phones iPhone, iPad, iPod, Blackberry | Wireless OS iOS, Blackberry RIM, Android
TICKETING SYSTEMS: Remedy, ServiceNow, JIRA | SCRIPTING Python, Lynx, Bash
NETWORKS: Cisco IOS, Routing & Switching, Security, Wireless, Voice over IP (VoIP), VLANs, LAN, WAN, ARP, TCP/UDP, VPN, Windows AD & Group Policy, LDAP, Citrix, VPN, MS Exchange, TCP/IP and addressing schemes, DHCP, DNS, basic understanding of cable and Internet networks, associated headend or hubsite equipment and switch operations, Domain Controllers
DOCSIS Network Engineer
- Participate in DOCSIS planning/deployment operations, network architecture design and engineering.
- Integrate communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Validate and confirm changes as well as upgrades on multi-vendor equipment (Arris, Casa, Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.) in order to facilitate maintenance window updates.
- Create Methods of Procedure (MOP configurations) for Field Engineers by using automation tools, Python, Lynx, and Bash.
- Maintain hardware and software, including Cisco networking devices and Crestron audio systems equipment.
- Assist with teh maintenance, configuration, and deployment of Cisco IP devices in a large enterprise network.
- Design and implement LAN, WAN, firewalls, VPNs and other network systems to increase downstream and upstream bandwidth capacity.
- Identify security vulnerabilities and implemented procedures to ensure data center met all security requirements
- Perform functional networking analysis and cost - benefit studies to determine proper allocation of resources.
Systems Engineer II
- Instructed end users in teh selection, use, and design of audiovisual materials.
- Maintained Active Directory; created user groups and user accounts; reset passwords; maintained Exchange Email Server.
- Provided assistance with systems planning, business network analysis and process improvement initiatives.
- Managed full software implementation planning process including teh specifications, techniques and strategies.