- DevSecops and senior AWS Solution Architect Professional and consultant with 15+ years of IT industry experience in Cloud, DevSecops, Software Application development and Integration, Automation, Production Support, CI/CD, Change/Release and Configuration management in Agile (scrum) Methodology.
- Experienced Cloud and DevSecops senior Engineer with over 15 years of IT industry experience in Software Analysis, Design, Development, Automation and Maintenance of on premise and Cloud based Applications and Services using AWS Services and offerings.
- 12 years of experience in DevSecops, Release Management, Automation and AWS - IaaS, SaaS & PaaS platforms.
- Expertise in architecting solutions for migrating on premise applications & services to AWS.
- Hands-on in creating and deploying JSON/YAML format templates to automate provisioning of AWS Infrastructure and Resources using CloudFormation and Terraform templates.
- Specialized in fully automated Release Management and continuous deployment processes using CICD best practices.
- Automated the process of installation, configuration of the web application servers likeWebSphere/WebLogic/Tomcat/JBOSS using Ansible / Chef / Puppet.
- Virtualized the servers usingDockerfor the test environments and dev-environments needs, also configuration automation usingDockercontainers.
- Experience in creatingDocker Containersleveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creatingDocker Containersfrom scratch.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, and fault tolerant Kubernetesinfrastructure along with istio service mesh setup.
- Worked on setting up Kubernetes cluster where we deploy dockerized microservices onto multiple environments like DEV, TEST, and PROD using kubectl.
- Experienced in using Build Automation scripting likeMAVEN, ANT and Gradleas build tools for building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- DevelopedMaven and GradleScripts to automate the build process. Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, usedDockercoupled with load-balancing toolNginx.
- Understand hosting plans, services available and analyse impact if there are any changes.
- Experience in developing custom orchestrators for automating cloud infrastructure services.
- Strong in performing concurrent cloud service deployments across AWS Regions and Availability Zones.
- Expertise in network topology design and implementation on AWS - IaaS cloud.
- Good Confidential implementing Resiliency and Auto-Scaling scenarios (Instance Scale-up & Scale-down, Application Throttling) for cloud service deployments.
- Researches new software development & configuration management methodologies or technologies and analyse their application to current configuration management needs.
- Clear understanding of DevOps implementation scenarios in Agile Scrum environments.
- One click deployment automation. Build and Environment verification testing.
- Installed applications on AWS EC2 instances and configured the storage on S3 buckets.
- Perform S3 buckets creation, policies and the IAM role based polices. Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch, AWS CloudTrail and Splunk for Infrastructure monitoring.
- Build environments from scratch using AWS Cloud Formation templates and Terraform modules, importing volumes, launching EC2 and RDS instances, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs), Elastic Cache in the defined virtual private cloud.
- Deploy applications on AWS by using Elastic Beanstalk Migrated applications to the AWS cloud. Build and configure a virtual data centre in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, NACLs, Elastic Load Balancer and Route53.
- Implement Continuous Integration using Jenkins and Cloud Formation Update Stack. Use EC2 Container Service (ECS) to support Docker containers to easily run applications on a managed cluster of AWS EC2 instances.
- Leveraged AWS Lambda created python and node.js functions to automate operational, Batch jobs and clean-up tasks based on event triggers.
- Worked with agile teams in migrating existing application to a highly-durable, enterprise-class level cloud platform resulted in 35% efficiency. Delivered cost-effective, easy-to-use cloud computing platform, using Amazon Cloud, S3, RDS, EC2, Docker, ECS.
- Expertise in Infra DevOps, Release Engineering, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure Automation using CloudFormation, Docker, Terraform and Ansible.
Core Expertise: AWS services - IAM, EC2, VPC, S3, ROUTE 53, EBS, ECS, EKS, RDS, DynamoDB, Lambda, ElasticBeanstalk, ElastiCache, CodePipeline, CodeDeploy, CloudFormation, Terraform, CloudWatch, API Gateway, Splunk, Datadog, Nagios, JAVA/J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, Go Lang, XML, JSON, YAML, SOAP, RESTful, Tomcat, sql/plsql, ETL, puppet, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Kubectl, istio, Helm, SVN, Git, Jenkins, Gitlab, Maven, Ansible, Python, Terraform.
Databases: Oracle, DB2, MySQL, Postgres, MS SQLServer, Cassandra, Gemfire
Secret Management: CyberArk Vault, Hashi Corp Vault
Version Control: Subversion, Git, GitHub, Bitbucket, Nexus, Artifactory, Gitlab
Build and CI/CD: Ant, Maven, Gradle, Nexus, Git, GitHub, Bitbucket, Artifactory, SonarQube, Veracode, Jenkins, Gitlab
Configuration/Infrastructure Management: Puppet, Chef, Ansible and Terraform
Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS and EKS
Operating Systems: Windows Server, Unix/Linux (RHEL), Ubuntu, Centos, Solaris
Confidential, Plano, TX
Senior Devops AWS Engineer
- Setup Gitlab automated CICD pipelines to deploy dockerized go microservices to EKS cluster in AWS.
- Automated the EKS istio service mesh configuration deployment and deployed through Gitlab pipelines.
- Created istio Gateway, Virtual services and setup SSL certificates on EKS clusters created from scratch for whole new application environment.
- Setup end to end CI/CD pipelines so that each commit a developer makes will go through standard process of software lifecycle and gets tested well enough before it can make it to the production.
- Setup Continuous integration with Gitlab and make use of wide range of inbuilt options available to setup smooth developer friendly workflows.
- Helped individual teams to set up their repositories in Gitlab and maintain their code and help them setting up jobs which can make use of CI/CD environment.
- Have built Docker images and written Docker files which can be used to automate all developer tasks.
- Created Terraform Templates to spin up AWS resources with infrastructure pipelines.
- Worked on initial set up of AWS resources like RDS Postgres, EKS and Lambda functions.
- Made use of ELK stack for logging all the activity and create indexes which can be queried by Kibana. Written queries for kabana to fetch data for the dashboards.
- Created Dashboards and analytics for the app services monitoring and logging analysis.
- Troubleshooting the application service connectivity and performance issues with endpoint testing using postman and curl tools.
- Worked with AWS IAM service creating new IAM users, groups, defining roles, policies and Identity providers.
- Created alarms and trigger points in CloudWatch based on thresholds and monitored logs via metric filters, utilized AWS CloudWatch to monitor the performance environment instances for operational and performance metrics during load testing.
- Converted existing AWS infrastructure to Serverless architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis), deployed via Terraform and AWS CloudFormation.
Confidential, Westlake, TX
Senior Devops Cloud Engineer
- Created CICD pipelines in Jenkins and integrated multiple stages of delivery pipelines for FFIO Applications.
- Responsible for installation & configuration of Jenkins to support various Java builds and Deployments.
- Worked on automating udeploy monitoring and restarting offline agents for both nonprod and prod environments. Created python scripts to access external APIs to get the APP servers environment data.
- Setup Hygieia server and on boarded several applications and created the widgets for various Hygieia plugin collectors
- Setup Kubernetes cluster in Dev environment on openstack platform and provided training sessions to the Devops team to do the app deployments in Kubernetes cluster.
- Provided support to APP Development Teams on various DEVOPS issues raised in the nonprod and prod environments.
- Worked on Oracle Datical upgrade in several DB pipelines and provided support on the same.
- Worked on POC to deploy DB schema to AWS RDS instances using Datical pipelines.
- Worked on Datalake POC which involves setting up AWS Lambda functions, S3 buckets and Sagemaker configuration using cloud formation Templates.
- Worked on setting up concourse and PCF pipelines to deploy applications in AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Created Python scripts and setup Jenkins jobs to restart offline agents on nonprod and production servers to provide self service capability to APP teams.
- Worked on resolving IPA server provisioning configuration issues written in Ansible playbooks.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Devops and Automation Lead Engineer
- Built and deployedCI/CDpipelines. OrchestratedCI/CDprocesses by responding to GitHub/Bitbucket triggers.
- UsedCI/CD tools Jenkins, Git/GitHub/Bitbucket,Jira and Docker registry/daemon for configuration management and automation usingAnsible.
- Developed, maintained and enhanced pre and post build scripts(Shell and Python).
- Designed and documentedCI/CDtools configuration management.
- Installed and configured Nexus repository manager for sharing artifacts between internal teams and created proxy Nexus repositories to speed up the build process.
- Created a Continuous Integration and Delivery process to include support building of Docker Images and publish into a private repository- Nexus v3.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, and fault tolerant Kubernetesinfrastructure.
- Worked on private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Containerized Microservice applications such as Spring Boot, Angular and NodeJSapplications using Docker.
- Create required components to enable a private, internal only cloud infrastructure
- Created dynamic routing/load balancing capability enabling large application scaling.
- ManagedKubernetescharts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of theKubernetesapplications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Responsible for installation & configuration of Jenkins to support various Java builds and Jenkins plugins to automate continuous builds and publishingDocker images to the Nexus repository.
- Automated and updated the security groups to allow only the specific CIDRs.
- Created monitoring capabilities for all pieces of the infrastructure.
- Created views to show health and performance of the infrastructure, containers, and the applications.
- Trained staff on effective use ofJenkins, Docker, Ansible and Kubernetes. Trained staff onKubernetesadministration.
- Implemented continuous delivery framework usingJenkins, Mavenon multiple environments.
- Provided guidance to development regarding effective microservice architecture deployments.
Confidential, Owings Mills, MD
Devops & AWS Lead Engineer and Consultant
- Architecting solutions for migrating on premise Enterprise applications & services to AWS. Working as DevOps Architect to setup CI/CD Pipelines, Release Strategies, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure and Automation using Chef, Docker, Puppet and Ansible.
- Responsible for doing assessment of existing Application architecture and performing proof of concepts to experiment new tools and technologies for fitment analysis.
- Build and configure a virtual data centre in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, NACLs, Elastic Load Balancer and Route53.
- Creating and deploying Terraform templates and JSON/YAML format templates to automate provisioning of AWS Resources.
- Build environments from scratch using Terraform templates in AWS, launching ECS/EC2 and RDS instances, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs), Elastic Cache in the defined virtual private cloud.
- Automating deployment of applications on AWS by using Elastic Beanstalk and RDS instances to the AWS cloud.
- Implement Continuous Integration using Jenkins and Cloud Formation Update Stack. Use Elastic Container Service (ECS) to support Docker containers to easily run applications on a managed cluster of AWS EC2 instances.
- Leveraging AWS Lambda service, API Gateway, SQS/SNS and create python and node.js functions to automate operational, Batch jobs and clean-up tasks as needed.
- Creating security framework and Authentication approach using IAM users, roles, policies, Key management along with the monitoring and alerting of TEST and production corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch, AWS Cloud Trail and Splunk for Infrastructure monitoring.
- Setup code pipelines for Auto services applications on DEV/SIT/QUAL/PROD Environments in AWS using services VPC, EC2, S3, ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, EFS, SQS, SNS, Auto scaling, ECS, API gateway, Lambda, RDS instances, Cloud Formation, cloud watch.
- Designing deployment procedures and doing proof of concepts to test the cloud services compatibility to existing application.
- Architecting AWS infrastructure solutions using Docker and ECS cluster and provisioning AWS infrastructure using Terraform Templates.
- Worked on converting spring boot application into containerized Microservices using Docker and deployed on AWS ECS cluster and configured Autoscaling.
- Worked on writing AWS lambda functions using python to load the JSON Output files to DB2 database running on Mainframe on Premise Datacentre.
- As a lead prepared the Sprint planning tasks and defined the action items for the same as an additional responsibility.
Confidential, Franklin, TN
Devops & AWS Consultant
- Setup CI/CD process for Quore applications on TEST/QA/PRODUCTION Environments in AWS using services VPC, EC2, S3, ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, Autoscaling, ECS, API gateway, Lambda, RDS instances, CloudFormation, cloud watch.
- Worked on multiple POCs to test the Continuous Integration process using Cloud based SCM and Issue management tools like Bitbucket cloud and Atlassian Jira cloud using Jenkins continuous Integration.
- Provided AWS infrastructure solutions for Quore using Elastic Beanstalk provisioning using CloudFormation Templates.
- Worked on POC to implement containerized Microservices using Docker and deployed on AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
AWS & Devops Engineer and Consultant
- Created Production/TEST/Development Environments in AWS using services VPC, EC2, S3, ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, Autoscaling, ECS, API gateway, Lambda, RDS instances, Redshift, CloudFormation, cloud watch, cloud trail.
- Experience in managing AWS VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) environment with around 250+ Linux, RHEL and Ubuntu instances.
- Architecting AWS infrastructure solutions. Expertise in automating cloud infrastructure (IaaS & PaaS) provisioning using CloudFormation Templates.
- Migrating and managing multiple applications from on premise to AWS cloud environment and maintained user accounts for dev, TEST, QA and production.
- Provided Configuration Management and Build support for more than 20 different applications, managed build automation and deployments on both TEST and production environments using Chef and Docker.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins, Git, Artifactory, Bitbucket, Nexus and AWS AMI’s, whenever a new Git branch gets started, Jenkins automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it.
- Leveraged AWS services such as code pipeline to create CI/CD pipeline and cloud watch and cloud trail to create Monitoring dashboards and network traffic logs.
- Deployed services using Docker containers by leveraging ECS and ECR services to do the auto scaling on peak utilization.
- Setup Pivotal Gemfire cluster in AWS cloud and deployed services connecting to ELB having Gemfire locators registered to load balance the traffic among the cluster.
- Created RDS instances to provision the Oracle database servers utilized by UI applications.
- Configured Route53 hosted zone record set pointing to ELB load balancing traffic to multiple instances in different Availability Zones.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Installed and configured Splunk monitoring tool, while using it for monitoring network services and host resources.
Lead System Engineer, AWS and Devops
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure resources using VPC, EC2, ECS, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Groups, Autoscaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation with JSON/YAML templates.
- Handled continuous deployment using Jenkins and managing projects in Jenkins to spin virtual servers in AWS (public/private/hybrid) cloud.
- Defined and Implemented Configuration Management and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedures. Automated build and release processes using python and pearl scripting.
- Successfully worked and deployed multiple business solutions inMobile Telecom Industry platform such as Roaming Data Clearing, Financial clearing, Mobile payment gateway and Banking domains.
- Worked on Chef Infrastructure configurations and JSON and YAML templates to set up new TEST/QA cloud environments. Also worked on Ansible playbooks in related projects.
- Setup CI/CD pipeline to various services using Jenkins, Maven, svn, Git and shell scripts.
- Migrated repositories from SVN to GIT and setup automated code pipeline.
- Implemented and supported a Cassandra NoSQL based database and associated RESTful web service that persists high-volume user profile data for vertical teams. Migrated high-volume OLTP transactions from Oracle to Cassandra to reduce Oracle licensing footprint. Used as the technical basis for new Cassandra projects.
- Manage all CM tools (JIRA, Confluence, SVN, Maven, Jenkins, Puppet, ANT, and Git) and their usage / process ensuring traceability, repeatability, quality, and support.
- Re architect a legacy SVN repository from pure script dependency and no representation of releases to clear direction regarding where code resides and the difference between releases.
- Well versed with the Software Engineering and Project Management methodologies like traditionalWaterfall andAgile (Scrum) methodologies.
Environment: AWS - EC2, IAM, VPC, S3, EBS, Cloud formation, API GW, Terraform, JAVA/J2EE, SPRING, Hibernate, SOAP/ RESTful, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, Cassandra, ETL, Pearl, Python, Puppet, Chef, Docker, Ansible, SVN, Git, Jenkins, Maven, VMware.
Senior DevOps Consultant / SME
- Experience inChange/Release Management, Project Coordination, Production Support, Business Process Modelling, Business Requirements, writing technical specifications, VISIO Diagramming, process flows, Systems Design and Service Management.
- Installed applications on AWS EC2 instances and configured the storage on S3 buckets.
- Worked extensively on creating build and configuration management scripts for both test and production infrastructure using puppet and chef.
- Experience in using VMware technologies like vSphere, vCenter etc.
- Understanding of networking concepts, configuration of networks, Router Configuration and firewall security, TCP/IP, VPN and Ports.
- Strengths include big picture focus while developing strategic business solutions which include: Critical Success Factors, KPIs and Process Re-engineering.
- Expertise in preparing pearl and python scripts for automation and code deployment on integration servers.
- Other responsibilities include Code Reviews, JUnit Test creation, Design Review.
- Automated the Linux/cloud Infrastructure by chef, python and bash script. Single click code deploys for production environment.
- Experience in implementing spring framework and Hibernate ORM tool. Involved in implementing persistence logic using Hibernate.
- Worked in developing web services in multi-tier architecture using Servlets and JSPs.
- Wrote JUnit test cases for testing the functionality of the code, Used HP Quality Centre and Bugzilla for bug tracking and testing. Used Apache Log4j Logging framework for logging of trace and Auditing.
- Participated in CAB meetings to discuss Release/Change scope as per schedules.
Environment: AWS, IAM, EC2, S3, ELB, Jenkins, Shell, Python, Pearl, Puppet, Chef, JAVA, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, spring, Hibernate, Webservices, Oracle, MySQL, Web Logic, JBoss, Tomcat, Toad, SQL Developer, VMware.
Software Engineer - Development
- Worked extensively on Java projects - asynchronous programming, multithreading, collections and a few design patterns. Good experience in JSP/Servlets, Spring MVC architecture, Hibernate, JDBC, oracle, PL/SQL, XML. Good knowledge in OOPS and OOAD concepts.
- Experience in Project Execution including Requirement Analysis, Procedure & database Design, Code Development, Testing and Implementation of projects for both National & International clients.
- Extensive experience of Application Development using Java, J2EE, spring, Hibernate, Servlets, JSP, Struts with Oracle, MySQL and MS sqlserver databases including WebLogic, Jboss and tomcat Application servers.
- Experience in implementing transaction, management and persistence projects using ORM frameworks (such as JPA and Hibernate).
- Good perception of Object-Oriented Programming (OOPs) concepts. Flexibility to develop configurable applications by developing components supporting dynamic page display, workflow management etc.
Environment: Java/J2ee, JSP, Servlets, Web Services, Struts, spring and Hibernate, Oracle, MS SQL Server 2005, Web Logic, Tomcat, Shell, Python, TOAD, SQL Developer, Eclipse.
- Ensures the consistency of test environment and production. Track corrective actions of change related incidents.
- Monitor and report success/failure of changes. Work within a development framework that includes involvement with configuration management and test support.
- Develop and manage the roll out schedules, implementation plans and activities/tasks for and across all functional groups involved in the release and work across functional groups involved in the release.
- Responsible for setting up ITIL v3.0 based processes in the Release Management space. Created several artefacts for the Release Management processes.
- Responsible to develop and coordinate software release activities with application and support teams beginning with the Software Testing phase.