- 7 + years of experience as a Devops Engineer in Automating, building, deploying and releasing of code from one environment to other environment.
- Expertise in designing and developing Jenkins deployments.
- In depth understanding of the principles and best practices of software configuration management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in automating configuration management using Chef and Puppet
- Experience in Build automation tools like Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Cruise control.
- Experience in working with version control systems like Subversion, clear case, Perforce, GIT and used source code management tools like Tortoise SVN, GitHub.
- Used GIT as version control system for two applications. Managed development streams and Integration streams.
- Managing GIT and SVN which includes creating new users and writing some pre commit and post commit scripts.
- Extensive experience in using MAVEN and ANT as build tools for building of deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Proficient knowledge with Helm charts to manage and release of helm packages.
- Experience of database technologies such SQL, PLSQL, MySQL including NoSQL databases, Mongo DB
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, and Sona type Nexus.
- Experienced in trouble shooting and automated deployment to web and application servers like Web Sphere, Web Logic, JBOSS and Tomcat.
- Experienced working withDockerContainers on LINUX platform to streamline the deployment.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Used Chef and other configuration management tools to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments.
- Excellent experience in configuring monitoring tools like and Logstash, Fluentd, Instana, Kibana, Elasticsearch, Splunk for log management
- Experience in setting up CI usingConcourse, Team city and Jenkins Tools
- Experience writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrating Chef Cookbooks in to Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Expertise on Docker Setup and managing Docker environment
- Knowledge of databases like MySQL, Oracle and MS SQL.
- Good knowledge on networking concepts like routers, switches, DHCP, DNS, OSI layers, TCP/IP protocols.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Rally, Remedy, HP Quality Center, Fisheye, Crucible, Radar and IBM Clear Quest. Experience in validatingRESTAPIservices
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Configured Application Life Cycle Management (ALM) tools like JIRA, Trello, to track the progress of the project
- Experience in setting up, maintaining and administering theKubernetesCluster.
- Ability in managing all aspects of the software configuration management process including code compilation, packaging / deployment / release methodology and application configuration.
- Experience in installing, configuring, managing, tracing complex build problems, release issues and trouble shooting skills.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self - motivated, dedicated and understanding the demands of 24/7 system maintenance and has good customer support experience.
- Efficient in working closely with teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases.
- Good presentation and communication skills and a good team player by providing healthy working environment.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Ivy, MS Build
Version Tools: Clear Case, SVN, GIT, Perforce, RTC, CVS
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson
Web technologies: HTML, XML, JAVA Script, .Net, Servlets
Configuration Management Tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible
Languages: C, C++, Perl scripting, Shell scripting, Java, Python Scripting
Database: MySQL, Sql server, Oracle
Operating Systems: Windows server 2000/2003/2007/2008/ XP, LINUX (RHEL 4/5/6/7), UNIX(11.0,11.11,11.23), centos
Bug Tracking: JIRA, Bugzilla, HP quality center, Rally, Fisheye
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services(AWS), Open stack, Docker
Sr. Devops Cloud Engineer
- Built and managed a large deployment of Red Hat Linux instances systems with Chef Automation and provision virtual servers using vagrant and kitchen in Oracle VM virtual box, provisioned servers in Amazon EC2.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment
- Wrote puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Built Puppet manifests and bootstrap scripts to allow us to bootstrap instances to various roles without having to maintain AMIs.
- IntegratedKubernetesplatform into on premise HIPAA cloud solution
- Creating theTFSproject and create the Repositories to host source code for Existing and on Boarding New Applications
- Wrote a program to useRESTAPIcalls to interface with backup server, and parse output reports of an Excel file in Python to monitor customer backup usages.
- Migrated configuration management from Puppet to Chef
- Managed Chef Cookbooks to automate system operations and AWS Cloud management
- Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, Confluence, JIRA and Cloud Foundry
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Contributed to python library that deploys k8s clusters using helm charts, in-house tool(SSDT) for service deployments into the k8s clusters
- Setup datadog monitoring across different servers and aws services.
- DevelopedGroovyand Shell scripts using for channels to be hosted on Application Servers.
- Participated, documented, managedITILcontrols and supported Linux environment
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC and responsible for code build, release and configuration
- Perform Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Optimized volumes and EC2 instances and used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Autos calling groups
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch
- Splunk deployment, configuration and maintenance across a variety of UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, and GitHub and AWS
- Experimented with Docker, by using Docker-compose.
- Wrote multiple programs in Python to monitor virtual machine usage data using VMWareAPI calls and Created script in Python for callingRESTAPIs.
- Integrating OpsGenie with SAAS application like Statuspage.
- Integrated Kubernetes with Hashi corp Vault to inject configurations at runtime for each service using init, config sidecars and persistent volume sharing between app and config containers.
- Implement and automateDevopscontinuous integration and deployment pipelines and functions using Chef, Jenkins, Git,and ConcourseCI.
- Created datadog dashboards for various applications and monitored real-time and historical metrics.
- Analyzed metrics and logs using Instana and splunk for individual microservices and provided best practices in containerizing using minimum layers in Docker file.
- Project planned with date-based deliverables an organizational shift to Microservices with container implementation onKubernetes. Developed modules to collect stats of Jenkins servers and load to MongoDB for data analytics
- CreatedITILbased release/change management process to track, safeguard and deliver end to end releases from inception phase through actual release deployment to Production.
- Setup and configured continuous delivery within Azure using a combination of Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates and Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS).
- Expertise in usingAnsibleto manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages.Ansibleto assist in building automation purposes.
- Converted existing AWS infrastructure to server less architecture with AWS (Lambda, Kinesis) deployed viaTerraformand AWS Cloud Formation.
- Developed and Implemented kubernetes manifests, helm charts for deployment of microservices into k8s clusters.
- Debug/Deploy HL7 (v2) solution for XML (metadata), FHIR (format) and ETL tools in accordance with architectural plans in liaison for containerization of multi-Flux Treatments in AI Packaging Route Planner
- Troubleshoot POP3 and SMTP servers and all E-mail systems IMail, QMail, DMail, IMAP, SquirrelMail, Cpanel, ENSIM and SpamAssassin related issues, documenting root causes for any critical or chronic failures.
- Push /tag Source Code toTFSand Review Source Code and Automation
- Troubleshooting & monitoring theAzurecomponents and raising the support case and coordinating with Microsoft.
- Worked on applying patches and recommending necessary security fixes for web Application servers
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Batch, Python, Shell script etc.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Developed a service called Xunit Test Report Viewer which integrates bit bucket,Concourse and Jenkins to provide the clear GUI of the Xunit reports in the XML format.
- Setup Database clusters from scratch and automate the installation - MongoDB, RIAK, Cassandra, Neo4J
- Enable customers with better managing software development, deployments and infrastructure with tools such asAnsible, GITHub and Bamboo.
- Integrated Nagios and PagerDuty alerting system with Statuspage.
- Monitored performance and history of infrastructure with tools such as CloudWatch, Datadog etc.
- Installed and configured Instana APM on linux machine and monitored Kubernetes cluster, EC2 Servers and Websites.
- Experience in creating AWS AMI, have used Hashi corp Packer to create and manage the AMI's.
- Implemented multiple Tekton Pipelines in Kubernetes cluster and deployed various applications using Helm charts to create a Custom Resource Definition ( CRD) application with flux tool .
- Version controlled the source code ofARMTemplates, Shell Scripts, Ansible plays, PowerShell Scripts using Git/Bit Bucket version control system. Implemented Hashi Corp tools like Vagrant, Terraform, Consul, Vault.
- DevelopedGroovyand Shell scripts using for channels to be hosted on Application Servers.
- Automation of stack using Cloud Formation andTerraformScripts in AWS.
- Deployed the Azure VM's, Azure Storage (Blob, Files) usingARMTemplates and PowerShell scripts.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
Environment: SVN(Subversion), Anthill Pro, ANT, NAnt, and Maven, Graphana, Gradle, TFS, Chef, Instana, REST Api, Devops, ITIL, Docker, Jenkins, Clear case, Unix, Linux, Perl, Bash, Python, Groovy, Terraform, GCP, cpanel, Flux CD, PowerShell, Ansible, Ruby, Cruise control, AWS, Azure, Concourse, Mongo DB, Bamboo, Git, JIRA, Shell Script, Web sphere, Selenium.
Sr. Devops/AWS Engineer
- As a Release Engineer, supported multiple teams for multiple applications including Java/J2EE and iOS.
- Closely worked with developers, project managers and product owners to setup the road map, and supported day to day build issues.
- Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
- Experience with automated testing tools (i.e. Selenium, JMeter) for Oracle ADF and Java applications
- Written multiple Python, Perl and Shell scripts for automating various companywide tasks
- Decidebranching strategiesfor multiple projects in SVN
- Experience includingDockerdeploy tools such asVagrant,DockerCompose,Mesos,Marathon, andFleet
- Used IBM products like RTC as the source control tool and used Build Forge for CI.
- Used Maven to build rpms from source code checked out from GIT and Subversion repository, with Jenkins being the Continuous Integration Server and Artifactory as repository manager.
- Experience in Designing AZURE Resource Manager (ARM) templates and extensive experience in designing custom build steps using PowerShell. Worked on Chef Delivery for Continuous Delivery. Introduced Hashi Corp Vault for secure secret storage.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files & releases of Helm packages.
- Experience in setting up MongoDB Client and writing queries to validate data against Mongo Collections, MySQL
- Worked on Linux, LAMP & tomcat Administration for building and managing high traffic sites over physical and cloud environment (Apache Web Farm, CPanel, Load Balancer, Reverse proxy, PHP, MySQL Replication/Cluster, Memcached), Managed Version control using Subversion
- Automate Datadog Dashboards with the stack through Terraform Scripts.
- Implemented Azure Development, worked on Azure web application, App services, Azure storage, Azure SQL Database, Virtual machines, Fabric controller, Azure AD, Storage Accounts andARMtemplates.
- Experience Active Directory,AzureActive Directory, ADFS,AzureActive Directory Domain Service, SSO and MFA and security
- Practical experience with the deployment and configuration ofDockerinfrastructure onCoreOSandUbuntuOS’sfor container pipeline automated deployment in all required environments to support scaling AND service discovery.
- Attended every day scrum/agile meetings and weekly sprint meetings to evaluate completed work and to handover new tasks.
- Guided transformation from VMware to Open Stack withKubernetes
- Configuration Automation usingAnsibleand Docker Containers. Implemented and designed AWS virtual servers byAnsibleroles to ensure deployment of web applications.
- Setting up ec2 stack using Cloud Formation as well as withTerraformscripts.
- Managing the code migration fromTFSand CVS to Subversion repository.
- Working and supporting on continuous integration on Jenkins,Concourseand GO CD, maven, Git for Amazon EC2 deployment instances on cloud computing and store the build artifacts in S3 bucket deployment.
- Responsible for maintenance of source control systems Subversion and Git.
- Maintained two Jenkins servers and integrated with Electric Commander.
- Wrote scripts to construct procedures and sub procedure with parallel steps using Electric Commander.
- Deployed Enterprise Application Archive (EAR), Web Application Archive (WAR), JSP’s, and Servlets in staging, production.
- Identify Configuration Items (CI) and document their characteristics. After every deployment, delivered the Release notes on Confluence site.
- Involved in Setting up the backup server for Jenkins and prepared disaster recovery plans for Jenkins and bamboo.
- Created and maintained Shell scripts for building applications.
- Developed Full stack Web andRESTAPIapplications using ASP.NET Core, Python and implemented SQL, AWS S3 as backend.
- Installed and configured Instana APM on linux machine and monitored Kubernetes cluster, EC2 Servers and Websites.
- Experience in writing Jenkins PipelineGroovyScripts for Continuous Integration and buildworkflows and Used Jenkins uploading Artifacts into Nexus Repository.
- UsingAnsiblewith AWS allowed me to reduce costs for the department and eliminate unwarranted resources.
- Developed Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Configuration as Code (CaC), Pipeline as Code for AWS Azure, and using Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible,ARM, and Cloud Formation.
- Configured connection betweenAzuredata bricks toAzureDevopsGit.
- Involved in release planning and executed the release build request from the project team through JIRA Ticket.
- Installed and Configured Jenkins Plugins to support the project specific tasks.
- Experience migrating infrastructure and application from on premise toAzureand from Cloud to Cloud such as AWS to MicrosoftAzureand GCP. Implemented Hashi corp Consul for service discovery.
- Eliminated the states that are accumulated in Jenkins server by developing the scripted pipeline inGroovyto version control and make it distributable across organization
- Interact with developers and Enterprise Configuration Management Team for changes to best practices and tools to eliminate non-efficient practices and bottlenecks.
- Involved in implementation of enterprise integration with Web Services and Legacy Systems using SOAP, andREST(Using Axis and Jersey frameworks).
- Create and maintain fully automated CI/CD pipelines for code deployment using tools likeConcourse, GitHub, Jenkins
- Strictly enforcedITILprocess while pushing builds and deployments to prod and pre-prod environments.
- Coordinate with Release Management regarding appropriate system releases among other development platforms.
- Used Shell Scripting and Python scripting for Automation.
- UsedConcourseCI and pipelines to drive all Microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Integrate Datadog in Jenkins pipeline and Automate the Dashboard and Alerts.
- Installed, configured and managed MongoDB servers and performance tuning of Mongo Databases.
- HA Proxy, Keepalived, NginX, CPanel, PHPMyAdmin, Webmin, Sarg, DenyHosts, HIDS, Acunetix Vulnerability Scanner, Snort, MySQL
- CreatedKubernetesCluster on AWS cloud for Java Web Applications.
- Managing AWS infrastructure and automation with CLI and API and also working on Inbound and Outbound services with automationAnsible.
- Execution of Formation scripts orTerraformscripts to stack automation and then configuring the portal using Stratos Application server.
- Experience in using helm chart to deploy Kube objects (template) in Continuous Integration and deployment.
- UtilizedKubernetesand Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Implement CI using Cruise Control .Net and evaluateTFS2010 for migrating from existing version control system.
- Deployed, configured and installed multiple test (QA) servers on AWS,Azureand Google Cloud.
Environment: RTC, SVN(Subversion), Anthill Pro, ANT, Terraform, Graphana, GCP, Instana, Groovy, PowerShell, NAnt, and Maven, Gradle, TFS, Concourse, ITIL, REST Api, Puppet, Jenkins, Clear case, Unix, Flux CD, Linux, Perl, cpanel, Python, Ansible, Ruby, AWS, Bamboo, Hudson, Git, JIRA, Azure, Shell Script, Web logic.
Confidential - St. louis, MO
Devops/Build & Release Engineer
- Developed build using ANT and MAVEN as build tools and used CI tools to kick off the builds move from one environment to other environments.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like developments QA and production.
- Involved in setting up builds using Chef as a configuration management tool.
- Used Chef to configure and mange infrastructure. Wrote cookbooks to automate the configuration setups.
- Established Chef Best practices approaches to system deployment with tools with vagrant and managing Chef Cookbook as a unit of software deployment and independently version controlled.
- Designed and developed shell scripts.
- Hands on compiling builds using pom.xml and build.xml.
- Used the continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins and Hudson for automating the build processes.
- Used the version control system GIT to access the repositories and used in coordinating with CI tools.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code usingTerraformand Cloud Formation to build staging and production environments.
- Working onDevopsplatform and have gained experience in specialized areas related toAnsiblefor Cloud Automation
- Integrated maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Installed and configured GIT and communicating with the repositories in GITHUB.
- Performed necessary day to day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Created and maintained Subversion/GIT repositories, branches and tags.
- Written Helm Charts and Manifests inKubernetesand built a self-healing application deployment pipeline.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications on to the Apache Tomcat server and configured it to host the websites.
- Deployed application packages on to the Apache Tomcat server. Coordinated with software development teams and QA teams.
- Executed the planning of product software releases.
- Created performance measurements to monitor resources across Azure using Azure native monitoring tools utilizingARMtemplate.
- Created and implementedARMtemplates from a deployment, deployed the template using the portal, PowerShell, and using Azure quick start templates.
- Worked withTerraformtemplates for automating VPCs, ELBs, security groups, SQS queues, S3 buckets, and continuing to replace the rest of our infrastructure YAML, Hashi corp configuration language.
- Developed a Console app to fetch the data from Graph database usingRESTAPIand insert the data into SQL.
- Performed clean builds according to scheduled releases.
- Verified whether the methods used to create and recreate software builds are reliable and repeatable.
- Identified the Data Source and defining them to build the Data Source Views.
- Deployed the build artifacts into environments like QA, UAT according to the build life cycle.
Environment: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle, Apache & Tomcat, Terraform, Ansible, PowerShell, shell & Perl scripting, Subversion, REST Api, Jenkins, Hudson, Windows 2000/XP, LINUX, UNIX GIT, GITHUB, Chef.
Build /Release Engineer
- Provided centralized software configuration management for enterprise application projects in a multi-tiered high-availability environment.
- Integrated Eclipse IDE with different versioning tools like Clear Case, SVN, CVS, and GIT.
- Managed SVN branching and merging for older projects in multiple simultaneous releases.
- Providing configuration services on multiple platforms in the test environment running on one or more IT Platforms: Client/server, Jenkins, MSBuild, Microsoft Windows NT, OS/390, UNIX.
- Completing software builds and elevations, creating directories and security groups, and recreating prior versions. Monitored software, hardware, and/or middleware updates and utilizing technologies like Jenkins/Hudson, MS Build, TFS Team Explorer, and SVN.
- Worked on SVN&CVS Administration including user management, repo migration, repo creation, repository hook script implementation, Integration with Jira/GIT/Fisheye, troubleshooting.
- Very strong Project Management experience performingITILRM /SCM activities.
- Created and configure jobs, script builder, custom command builder, agents in Bamboo
- Extensive experience with Perforce. Experience with SVN/CVS, and GIT Software Configuration tools (Source Control).
- Managed all the environment and application level config using Git.
- Documented and published complete migration process of Subversion (SVN admin dumps) to UCM Clear Case (VOBS).
- Developed and build and deployment standards with input from development, IT/operations, and IT security.
- Evaluated build automation tools (Open Make and AnthillPro), recommended AnthillPro.
- Configured and deployed AnthillPro in Solaris 10 environment with multiple zones/containers, using Oracle database and multiple CVS servers and repositories. Configured services using SMF and XML.
Environment: Tomcat, Apache, Oracle, Jenkins, Python, JIRA, Maven, Artifactory, Git, ITIL, Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows.