- Have 8+ years of experience in automating, configuring, and deploying instances in the areas of Data Center Operations, Systems Administration, Cloud computing, Software Configuration Management (SCM)
- Expertise in Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services like EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Autoscaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Administration of various environments in software development life cycle (SDLC) Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, and CentOS. Experience supporting Chef Environment with multi servers and involved in developing manifests.
- DevOps experience with Puppet, Ansible, Chef, AWS (OPS Work), and Open Stack.
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi - platform servers using chef. Defined Chef Server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Experience in branching, tagging, and maintaining the version across the environments working on Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools like Subversion (SVN) and GIT.
- Experience in cloud stacks such as AWS (Cloud formation) and VMWARE stack.
- Creating Linux Virtual Machines using VMware Virtual Center (ESXI), hypervisor-v, PHP Virtual Box.
- Design high availability (HA) applications on AWS across Availability Zones and Availability Regions
- Good Exposure to Virtualization and Containers (Docker) and Hypervisors ESXi, ESX.
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts, and automated solutions using scripting languages such as Shell scripting (kasha, Bash), Python, Ruby, PHP PERL.
- Have a good knowledge of programming languages like Java, .NET
- Worked on web servers like Apache and application servers like Web logic, Tomcat, Web Sphere, and JBoss to deploy code.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins and Hudson by installing, configuring, and maintaining continuous integration (CI) and End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Good knowledge in CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies.
- Experience in using Nexus Repository Managers for Maven builds.
- High exposure to JIRA defect tracking tools for tracking defects and changes for Change management.
- Experience in Installing Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Configuring network services such as DNS, NFS, SMTP, NTP, DHCP, LDAP, send mail, FTP, remote access, security management, and Security troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Mongo DB, MSSQL, MySQL, and Server DB Tasks. Experience on Vagrant, AWS, and Kubernetes-based container deployments to create self-environments for dev teams and containerization of env's delivery for releases.
- Involved in provisioning and Automation servers on Public Cloud like AWS, AWS, and Kubernetes.
Operating Systems: Linux, Ubuntu, Centos, SUSE, RHEL, Windows
Networking: FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, TCP, DNS
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere, Web Logic
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle
Containerization: Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes
Atlassian Tools: Jira, Bit Bucket, Hip Chat, Bamboo
Scripting: Shell, Python, Ruby, Node JS
Database: Oracle9i, MySQL, MongoDB, SQLite
Version Control: CVS, Subversion, GIT
Configuration Management: Puppet, Chef, Ansible
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, Java Script, XML, JSON
Artifact Repo: JFrog, Nexus
Cloud Services: AWS: EC2, S3, RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, VPC, Route53, IAM, RDS, ELB, NAT instances, Code Deploy, AMI, DMS, Auto Scaling, Cloud Watch, Security Groups, Cloud Formation, CloudFront, Cloud Trail
Confidential, Chicago, IL
DevOps Engineer/Systems Administration
- Extensively involved in Build Management, Version Control, Release Management and Deployments of the Solutions to the DEV, QA, Staging & PROD Environment leveraging Azure DevOps process (CI/CD) and toolsets of VSTS, Visual Studio, AKS (Azure Kubernetes), Application Insights, Log Analytics.
- Worked as an administrator on Microsoft Azure and part of DevOps Team for internal projects automation and build configuration management. Involved in configuring virtual machines and resource groups.
- Worked on AZURE resources in the cloud and maintain Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline for fast-paced robust application development environment
- Automated the Build & Deployment environment end -to-end using Jenkins.
- Set up Cron job to regularly built jobs in Jenkins to builds and delivered to Artfactory(JFrog).
- Created a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Created the Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Groovy Declarative Pipeline scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Establish communication between instances and upload applications into source code repo for automation/DevOps responsibilities.
- Build artifacts (WAR,JAR and EAR) from JFrog Artifactory that are deployed into Apache Tomcat app server using groovy script.
- Experience in using JFrogand Nexus Artifactory Repository Managers for builds.
- Experience upgrading JFrog Version from CLI.
- Used Python script and SQL Query for uploading all the error logs in Postgres server and Azure blob storage and send attached to Slack Channel.
- Managed internal deployments of monitoring and alarm services for the Azure Infrastructure (OMS).
- Created Python Script to cleanup Azure unused resources.
- Implemented security in web application using Azure and deployed web application to Azure.
- Experience in creating Jenkinsfile in GIT repository by using Groovy that contains a definition of Jenkins Pipeline to automatically manage and execute jobs based on repository branches.
- Experience in build & deployment in DevOps through automation using scripting languages such as Shell, Bash, Perl, JSON, Groovy and Python.
- Installed and deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple app and configure Docker Swarm and Kubernetes.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Experienced in using Jenkins pipeline to drive all the Microservices builds out to the Docker registery and then deploy to Kubernetes, Created Pods and manage using Kubernetes.
- Deployment and orchestration of Docker Containers on the cloud platform and creating Docker images using Ansible. Writing files and building Docker images creating private repository.
- Worked on AUTH0 as a service provider and identity(SSO) provider. Created applications using dashboard and managed the user in auth0. Integrated certain user accounts by federating the Auth0 with Active Directory(LDAP).
- Documented all the configuration and the setup for integration process of LDAP with Auth0 in confluence wiki space.
- Responsible of installing, update diagnosing and troubleshooting the issue tracking and project management application, learning agile methodology by JIRA and worked in setting up JIRA for defect tracking and configure various workflows, customization and plugins for the JIRA bugs/issue tracker. Used Confluence to manage the documentation of the projects.
- Setup continuous integration environment using Jenkins with slack for notifications.
- Jira integration in Slack for all team to centralize communication for immediate update in Jira.
- Used Jira Confluence to Document DevOps WorkFlow step by step.
Environment: Microsoft Azure, Chef, Docker, JFrog, GIT, Maven, PostgresSQL, Shell Scripts, Python, Groovy, Bash Scripts, Tomcat, Apache, Kubernetes.
Confidential, Lansing, MI
DevOps Engineer/Systems Administrator
- Developed build and deployment processes for pre-production environments.
- Worked closely with the development and operations organizations to implement the necessary tools and process to support the automation of builds, deployments, testing and infrastructure (infrastructure as code) using Chef.
- Developed Chef recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure
- Administered Jenkins and secured Jenkins with role-based access controls.
- Setup all different kinds of projects in Jenkins ranging from software to maven style projects and matrix-based projects
- Managed SVN/Git repositories for branching, merging, and tagging using GitHub.
- Developed Shell/Perl Scripts for automation purpose.
- Resolved merging issues during re-basing and re-integrating branches by conducting meetings with Development Team Leads.
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications, Configure Files, Database, Commands, Users and Packages and automate Configuration management & Applications.
- Experience with TFS 2010+, VSTS, and similar ALM tool.
- Manage and maintain TFS server. Customize Work Items, Process Templates, Build Definition Templates and TFS Reports.
- Engaged in managing daily builds, configuration, and environment maintenance across multiple test and production environments in an Agile sprint lifecycle.
- Used Docker engine to create and run Docker containers, Docker registry for Docker image distribution and to create Docker images for application environments.
- Used Docker machine to automate Docker provisioning, Docker swarm to host cluster and container scheduling, Docker compose to define multiple contained applications.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers.
- Installed, configured and administered Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Assisted developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Used to write queries to deploy on different environments.
- Created and restored database backups like SQL server and MYSQL.
- Used BotoS3 in creating the S3 buckets and used these S3 buckets and glacier for storing and backing up for the AWS.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Shell and Python. Created and modified build configuration files including Ant's build.xml.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT.
- Worked on Azure instances and storage for builds, build deployments.
- Involved in Upgrade of Bamboo & Artifactory Server and use of AWS, Azure for cloud issues.
- Good knowledge and experience with deployments, Maintenance and troubleshooting applications on Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure Azure.
- Deployed, configured and installed multiple test (QA) servers on AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
- Implementation of DevOps environment using Chef for system configuration across environments.
- Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in's come from the developer.
- Configured Jenkins for Continuous Integration and designed and created several CI jobs utilizing various plugins ins Jenkins.
- Run Jenkins on-top of Kubernetes to drive all automation with web-hooks tied into our GIT system.
- Used Kubernetes to setup service selection and load balancing.
- Experience in Environment provisioning solutions using Docker, Kubernetes and implemented Continuous Delivery Pipeline with Git, Jenkins, and Docker.
- Own full life cycle of build system - from analysis, development, implementation and support of builds, unit testing and deployments.
- Coordinated with Release Management regarding appropriate system releases among other development platforms.
Environment: Amazon Web Services, AWS, Azure, Chef, Docker, Vagrant, GIT, Maven, DB2, PRTG, Shell Scripts, Tomcat, Apache HTTP, Kubernetes
Confidential - Tyler, TX
DevOps Engineer/Systems Administrator
- Responsible for version control, release management, automation and continuous delivery.
- Responsible for server configuration management using puppet. Installation and configuration of puppet services in master and client servers.
- Refactored puppet manifests to reflect best practices, wrote puppet modules in Ruby for various services such as installing and managing java versions, upgrading kernel, managing persistent SSH tunnels and various other services.
- Used puppet to maintain repository servers for the CentOS/RHEL package/rpms management.
- Installation and configuration of Jenkins for the continuous integration to create Jenkins jobs and configure it for the application deployment.
- Used GIT as a source code management tools and work on setting up new GitLab servers to move the running projects from GitHub to the GitLab servers.
- Worked on Maven to automate the build process for new java-based projects and integrate them with Nexus.
- Responsible for deploying and configuring multi-tier J2EE enterprise products in complex production and stage environments.
- Worked on different services of AWS like EC2, ECS, VPC, Internet Gateway, API Gateway, ELB, EBS, Lambda, Auto scaling, CloudWatch, CloudFront, etc. and migrating physical servers to AWS cloud environment
- Monitored apps servers using ELK - Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana for debug and logging.
- Infrastructure monitoring with SolarWinds and Splunk
- Deployed application servers like Nginx, node.js to software containers using Dockers as a containerization tool.
- Writing/modifying Docker file and build scripts for automation
- Installed of docker-machine in docker host/client and provision/bootstrap various nodes.
- Worked on automation for software container Orchestration viaKubernetes.
- DevelopedRESTfulAPIfor cloud management solutions based on Kubernetes platform.
- Implemented and maintain server virtualization using VMware ESXi, Oracle Virtual Manager, VMware tools update.
- Worked on virtual machines migrations using vMotion tool
- Scripting using shell scripting, PowerShell scripting and task automation using Crontab, task scheduler.
- UNIX/Linux/Windows systems administration with production systems as well as development environment (HDE and staging).
- Installed and administered Atlassian tools like JIRA, Confluence.
- Security patch management and upgradation of kernel in Linux/UNIX as well as Security update on windows servers.
- Management of firewall and iptables maintaining network security.
- Responsible for account,user and group administration, Permissions policy management and quota implementation.
- Worked on troubleshooting and administering different services like NTP, SSH, HTTPD, SNMPD, BIND, SMTP, GLIBC, SNMP, etc.
- Working on PCI (Payment Card Industry) remediation procedures to meet PCI compliance, developing and following the processes and procedures for PCI remediation and prepare SOX compliance report.
- Worked on identification of vulnerabilities present on CentOS, RHEL, Solaris and Windows servers, create scan report (Rapid7 scan), prepared MOPs and implement the same for the remediation.
- Collaborated with Network engineering team for the implementation of network bonding and server configuration after replacement of NICs in Linux servers.
- Build artifacts (war and ear) are deployed into a WebLogic app server by integrating the WLST scripts to Shell Scripts.
- Provided consultation to clients, involved in troubleshooting client-side issues, and understand client business, requirements, needs and issues.
Environment: Puppet, AWS, GIT, Maven, VMware, JIRA, Docker, Kubernetes, Confluence, Jenkins, GIT, PowerShell, Linux Shell, PCI, RHEL, CentOS, Windows
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
DevOps/ Systems Administrator
- Designed, Installed, and ImplementedAnsibleconfiguration management system.
- UsedAnsibleto manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Worked on developing procedures to automate various systems and tasks (e.g. automating code builds and deployments) using Jenkins, Git, Docker, Ansible, Cloud formation etc.
- Automated various service and application deployments with Ansible on CentOS and RHEL.
- Experienced in Ansible Tower configuration, setup, and playbook setup.
- Created Ansible supported YAML scripts to restart JBoss, Tomcat, and Jetty servers through GUI.
- Supported Ansible tower backup and security process.
- Involved inDevOpsprocesses for build and deploy systems.
- Developed Build using MAVEN as build tool and used Jenkins as CI tools to move builds from one environment to other environments.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft cloud services, MS Azure platform.
- Assisted on migrating existing applications from physical servers to azure cloud as well as creating new applications in the cloud platform.
- Installed and configured MAVEN and GIT servers and used Maven with GIT as build and source management to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Worked on installation of Docker using Docker toolbox and implemented software containerization.
- Used Integrated SVN, JIRA, Clover with Bamboo to implement a continuous integration environment
- Installed and configured Splunk and used to for the monitoring of the network issues.
- Installation and configuration operating system, RHEL servers, HP physical servers and VMs.
- Worked with DBA team in installing/configuring Oracle, Sybase servers and coordinated with application team for installation/configuration and troubleshoot issues with Apache, Web logic on Linux servers
- Used VERITAS Volume manager to create disk groups, volumes, volume groups, and RAID’s and involved in back up, firewall rules, LVM configuration, monitoring servers and on call support
- Created BASH shell scripts to automate cron jobs and system maintenance and scheduled cron jobs for job automation.
- Installed/Configured/Maintained/Administrated the network servers DNS, NFS, GPFS and application servers
- Extensively worked with the LAN/WAN, firewalls and routing for Internet and Intranet connectivity using different protocols like TCP/IP, DHCP, HTTP/s, FTP, SMTP & SSH
- Configured Kickstart for RHEL 5 to perform image installation through network
- Worked with Red hat Linux tools like RPM to install packages and patches for Red hat Linux Server and managed virtualized OS
- Worked on network connectivity, SAN storage, creating LVM and taking TSM backup
- Worked in solving tickets issued on day to day activities and problems related to development and test servers
Environment: Ansible, MS Azure, Docker, Bamboo, ANT, GIT, SVN, JIRA, Splunk, Maven, Red Hat Linux, Oracle, NFS, GPFS, SAMBA, Apache, SMTP, MySQL, Oracle, JBoss