- AWS, Cloud, DevOps Engineer wif Overall 8+ years of experience in Linux environment, automation of build tools, configuration management tools following Agile methodology and Software Development Life Cycle including monitoring, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance in cloud and DevOps Environment wif Continuous integration and Continuous Delivery process.
- Around 5+ years of experience in Ansible and around 3+ years of experience in Ansible Tower.
- Experience in AWS operations and automation using CLI or APIs for various services like EC2, EBS, S3, Glacier, VPC, Route53, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, Ops Works, RDS, DynamoDB, Elastic Cache, ELB, Auto scaling etc.
- Experience in migrating on - premises infrastructure to cloud platforms like Azure, AWS, PCF, OpenStack.
- Expertise in infrastructure development and operations by involving in designing and deploying using AWS services like s3, EBSRoute53, ELB, cloud watch monitoring, AMI, VPC, IAM, cloud formation templates, cloud front, AWS EC2 Instance, DNS.
- Worked wif APIGEE Edge, Developer Portal & APIGEE Baas platform.
- Worked wif Kafka Admin team to set up Kafka cluster setup on the QA and Production environments and implemented to reprocess the failure messages in Kafka using offset id.
- Experience on Multiple AWS instances, Creating Elastic Load Balancer and Auto scaling to design fault tolerant, highly available and cost-TEMPeffective systems.
- Managing Azure Cloud Infrastructure which includes Azure Web Roles, SQL AZURE, AZURE Storage, Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles and AD licenses wif Service Fabric, Containers, Resource Manager, ARM automation, Key Vault, Encryption and Security.
- Expertise in container-based technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift along wif the development of Microservices architecture using Spring Boot including distributed SSO Authentication and Authorization, Distributed Session Management wif REST, JSON.
- Designing, installing, administering, and optimizing hybrid cloud components to ensure business continuity (i.e., Azure AD, ADFS, SSO & VPN Gateways); worked wif Virtual machines, virtual network, SQL database, traffic manager, storage, ExpressRoute, Automation on Windows Azure platform services.
- Used OpenStack APIs for Nova, Neutron, Cinder, Swift, Glance, Keystone etc. to manage OpenStack resources for applications running inside data center.
- Expertise in implementation of Office 365 and Azure Active Directory for single sign-on, authentication, authorization, and Azure Role-based Access Control (RBAC). Deployment of AD, Identity & Access Management, Azure Multi Factor Authentication, Azure Trust Center.
- Expertise in migrating cloud infrastructure from on premise to Azure, creating Azure ARM Templates, Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, creating Web Roles, worker Roles, Azure storage, used Microsoft server(2008/12/R2) Azure to deploy using ARM templates, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Active Directory and Cloud infrastructure.
- Experience wif Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) architecture and design, troubleshooting issues wif platform components, and developing global/multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large scale developments/deployments on Cloud Foundry and AWS.
- Managing Amazon Web Services infrastructure wif automation and configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet or custom-built.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environment’s configuration files, packages, Mount points and users. Also, to create AWS instance, configuration management, and software deployment. Created and used Ansible Playbooks in Ansible Tower and integrated Ansible tower wif Jenkins to deploy code to different servers.
- Expertise in configuring Chef Server, Workstation, and bootstrapping Nodes, wrote Chef Cookbooks and recipes using Ruby script. Performed testing wif kitchen and unit testing.
- Used Chef to manage configuration on connected server. Managed the configurations of multiple servers using chef and bootstrapped instances and integrated wif auto-scaling.
- Expertise in Maintenance of Source Control Management Systems such as GIT and Subversion, strong experience wif Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies wif GIT, Jenkins, SonarQube and Nexus repository.
- Experience on scripting languages like Shell, Perl, Python, PowerShell, Ruby, Bash. Ability in development and execution of XML, Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts.
- Skilled wif Linux Utilities: Kickstart, SSH, User Management, Process Management, Memory Management, and Text processing tools, Log Management, Package Management, Disk Management and Swap Partition/Files Management.
- Expertise in installing, configuring, and management of MYSQL, SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 , PostgreSQL, MongoDB & Cassandra.
- Expertise Achieving High Availability wif the help of monitoring tools like (SPLUNK, ELK) and automated Logstash (ELK Stack) as a part of Server Build and building Elasticsearch (ELK Stack).
Version Control: Get, Perforce, GitHub, Gila, Stash, Subversion and Team Foundation Server Continuous
Integration: Jenkins, Hudson, Cruise Control, Build Forge, build, Bamboo Atlas Sian CI Tool and TeamCity
Cloud Technologies: AWS (EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, S3, CloudTrail, IAM), Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Installer & Packaging: Install Anywhere, InstallShield, Wise Installer/ Studio and Linux RPM
Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef and Puppet
Build Tools: Maven, Gradle, Ant, Make and MS Build
Scripting: Perl, Ant, Maven, Shell Scripting, and Python
App Servers: HTTP, Tomcat, WebSphere, Apache, Nagios, Jobs, IIS 6.0
Quality & Security: SonarQube, Find Bugs, Ashcan, Covert, Clover, Coverture and Jacopo
Virtualization: VMware WorkStation, Oracle Virtual box and VSphere
Others: Joomla, Nexus, Art factory, Egg, Bugzilla, JIRA, Photoshop, and Wiki
Operating System: RHEL, Windows, Linux, Ubuntu, Solaris, and Mac OS X
Languages: Perl, Ruby, HTML, Core, Microsoft .NET, CSS Databases MySQL 5, Oracle, PL/SQL
Sr. AWS/DevOps/Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Mooresville, North Carolina
- Worked in extreme agile environment wif fast moving team and achieved stretch goals.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automation testing, and release management.
- Performed AWS operations using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Working experience wif AWS security, Platform security and Network Infrastructure.
- Delivery of API platform Testing and Automation Framework Development on Cloud Platform.
- Used Ansible to Setup/teardown of ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Log stash, Kibana) and troubleshoot the build issues wif ELK and work towards the solution. Used Ansible playbooks for provisioning instances on Open stack.
- Design, build, maintain and support the Apigee infrastructure
- Experience in preparing Helm charts to built atop Kubernetes and benefit from its cluster architecture.
- Involved in creating DevOps framework for various projects wifin the organization. Implemented DevOps (ATDD, CI, and CD etc.) for applications based on Microsoft Azure (App services and storage).
- Created AWS instances via Jenkins using EC2 plugin and integrated nodes into chef ecosystem via knife command line utility.
- Updating kernel & security patches in Amazon Linux environment, handling out of memory issues in Linux kernels during rebalance in Kafka cluster
- Used the command line interface to manage apps, services in Pivotal Cloud Foundry as well as Apps manager.
- Expertise in Azure infrastructure management (Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure)
- Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Used Airship for configuring, deploying, and maintaining Kubernetes
- Working wif Security Groups, configuring Inbound /Outbound rules, creating, and importing Key Pairs.
- Implemented routing rules and validation policies in APIGEE.
- Enabled AWS Cloud Watch to monitor major metrics like Network Packets, CPU utilization and load balancer.
- Configure and deploy AWS Lambda service to run codes in response to events and automatically manage resources.
- Experience in using AWS Elastic Search and Kibana visualization dashboard plugin. Also have prior experiences in using various plugins through AWS.
- Experience in using AWS Cognito
- Create bind user defined and built-in services in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
- Maintained high degree of competency across the Microsoft Application Platform focusing on .NET Framework, WCF, Windows Azure, and SQL Azure.
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform. Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Used Terragrunt to run terraform scripts to automate instances for EC2 instances that were launched manually before.
- Installing the Apigee Edge and monitoring the gateways Developed REST APIs wif authentication using Django as a platform Extensive windows and Linux configuration and automation.
- Used Airship to manage their infrastructure deployments and lifecycle through the declarative YAML documents setup ATDD process for running the automated test cases in cucumber and selenium
- Hands-on experience in standing up and administrating on-premises Kafka platform.
- Have involved in creating different Apigee API documents as part of the project requirements.
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation in Subversion/GIT and interfaced between development and infrastructure.
- Used Helm to manage Kubernetes applications
- Written Ansible inventory files and plays to automate infrastructure administration (infrastructure as code) and deployment automation. Created playbooks to install and configure required packages to setup the environments.
- Deployed, Managed and Operated multiple OpenStack distributions like Mirantis, OpenStack, Kolla and OpenStack.
- Automated provisioning of cloud infrastructure wif Ansible.
- Mastered wif Chef and Ops Works in Azure environment and implemented Chef-Kitchen on Azure and Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
- Communicating wif Developers/QA to make changes to pick dependent products.
- Worked wif Docker Trusted Registry as repository for our docker images and worked wif Docker container networks.
- Utilized Several Docker best practices to create base images from scratch and to create clear, readable, and maintainable clean docker files.
- Automating the deployment procedure, monitoring the deployments, and troubleshooting the failed deployments
Environment: Java/J2EE, GIT, IBM Rational ClearQuest, Jenkins, Apigee, VSTS, Kafka, RDMS, SVN, Chef, ATG Commerce server, PCF, OpenStack, ATDD, Helm, Amazon Web Servers (AWS), Cloud Engineer, visual studio, IaaS, PaaS ANT, Airship, MAVEN, Shell (bash), Apache Tomcat Application Server, Linux, SQL
Sr. DevOps/Aws/Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Charlotte North Carolina
- Responsible for versioning the source code, releasing binary files, creating, and applying labels on source files and release files.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services. Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2; auto-scaling; and VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts and are quickly evolve during develop iterations.
- Implemented multiple high-performance MongoDB replica sets on EC2 wif robust reliability.
- Configured Splunk app for ONTAP and Kafka.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks and adapted Chef Cookbooks as part of Configuration Management for setting up the environment and deployment of artifacts in various Environments dynamically wifout manual intervention.
- Working wif AWS services such as EC2, VPC, RDS, CloudWatch, CloudFront, Route53 etc.
- Build Data Sync job on Windows Azure to synchronize data from SQL 2012 databases to SQL Azure.
- Utilized Ansible Playbooks for pulling the artifacts from the centralized location and deploy it onto the Application/Web Server.
- Worked in creation and modification of Instances, AMI's, and Security Groups wifin EC2, Monitor and built reports through Cloud Checker, and CloudWatch.
- Fundamental mastery of the AWS cloud computing platform, and its many dimensions of scalability - including but not limited to: VPC (Virtual Private Cloud), EC2, load-balancing wif ELB, messaging wif SQS (and scalable non-AWS alternatives), auto-scaling architectures.
- Implemented ATG Personalization in mobile site and integrating wif ATG Ecommerce. customer data from the existing RDMS (SQL server) over to HDFS using Sqoop.
- Led Jenkins continuous integration server installation and configuration for all GIT Repositories.
- Configured Kafka heavy forwarder for Splunk in production environment.
- Automated application packaging and deployments.
- Managed Linux staging and testing environments.
- Scripting and automation capabilities to increase TFS efficiency and reduce manual tasks.
- Established coding standards and enforced them through automated tools.
- Experience wif Microsoft Azure, Azure Resource Management templates, Virtual Networks, Storage, Virtual Machines, and Azure Active Directory
- Automated the entire CI/CD using Shell scripts, Python, Ansible and Jenkins.
- Involved in installing, configuring and administration of Redhat Linux 4.x, 5.x, 6.x/7 servers by using Kickstart and Jump Start servers and supported various applications running on them.
- Integrated Kafka Heavy forwarder into the Splunk deployment server.
- Experience in implementation of TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, NIS, NIS+, DNS, DHCP, NFS, NAS, RAID, Jumpstart installation of Solaris and Kick start in RedHat Enterprise Linux.
- Responsible for Installation and Configuration of Solaris 8/9/10 servers, RHEL servers (3/4/5/6) and AIX servers.
- Configured Splunk app for ONTAP and Kafka.
- Responsible for distributed applications across hybrid AWS and physical data centers.
- Worked on NoSQL database Cassandra.
- Open-source Cassandra Migration from Data venter to other.
- Troubleshooting Cassandra issues.
- Manage IBM Products related DevOps methods using Chef (websphere versions & Portal server clusters) and worked wif Amazon AWS in moving QA environments to the cloud.
- Manage configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated wif Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Deployed a centralized log management system and integrated into Chef to be used by developers.
- Built a prototype Azure application that access 3rd party data services via Web Services. The solution dynamically scales, automatically adding/removing cloud-based compute, storage and network resources based upon changing workloads.
- Educated team about continuous integration and automated testing practices and supported them throughout development.
- Configured Jenkins to implement nightly builds on daily basis and generated change log that includes changes happened from last 24 hours.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud.
- Connected continuous integration system wif GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in's come from the developer.
- Integrated chef cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for CD framework and created roles, environments using chef handlers for different auto kickoff requirement jobs.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes, Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP. Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Using Kubernetes, I have controlled and automated application deployments and updates and orchestrated deployment.
- Created multiple ANT, MAVEN, DOCKER, Shell scripts for build automation and deployment.
- Analyzed the builds using the SonarQube.
- Asynchronous coding in NodeJS applying Express JS framework and NodeJS modules.
- Responsible for writing the Release Notes, documenting all the useful info about the release, software versions, changes implemented in current release, Defects fixed, Labels applied.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications on to Apache Tomcat application servers and configured it to host the wiki website.
- Coordinated wif software development teams and QA teams on issues and solved the problem.
Environment: Java/J2EE, GIT, IBM Rational ClearQuest, Kafka, Jenkins, VSTS, RDMS, SVN, Chef, ATG Commerce server, OpenStack, Amazon Web Servers (AWS), Cloud Engineer, PCF, visual studio, IaaS, PaaS ANT, MAVEN, Shell (bash), Apache Tomcat Application Server, Linux, SQL
Confidential, Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina.
- Responsible for Architecting Multi AZ Components in AWS like, EC2, IAM, VPC, RDS Wif Replication, S3 for Object and Static Webpages, Auto Scaling of Micro Services like ECS, ELB wif SSL Certs.
- Responsible to change the configuration of the ELB or Route 53 to achieve the Blue green deployment strategies by developing scripts in Python Boto3 to automate this process.
- Experienced in AMI's volume snapshots, RDS snapshots and performed LAMP installation and configuration on Ubuntu, Redhat and Amazon Linux EC2 instances.
- Developed Cloud Formation templates to develop complete Stack on AWS using services like EC2, RDS, S3, EBS, Cloud Watch, SNS, SQS, Cloud Trail. Developed Python scripts to pass in user data when creating the AMI to install services in the Boot time.
- Developed Ansible Playbooks using YAML scripts for launching different EC2 virtual servers in the cloud using Auto-scaling and Amazon Machine Images (AMI).
- Configuring, automation and maintaining build and deployment CI/CD tools git/git-Lab, ANT, Jenkins, Maven, Docker-registry/daemon, Nexus and JIRA for Multi-Environment wif high degrees of standardization for both infrastructure and application stack automation in AWS cloud platform.
- Established connection from Azure to On-premises datacenter using Azure ExpressRoute for Single and Multi-subscription connectivity.
- Implemented Azure Site Recovery/Azure Backup, Implement Azure RMS and EMS. Designed and configured Azure Virtual Networks (VNets) and subscriptions to confirm to Azure Network Limits, subnets, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing.
- Setup Azure Virtual Appliances (VMs) to meet security requirements as software-based appliance functions (firewall, WAN optimization and intrusion detections).
- Created Ansible Playbooks in Ansible Tower and integrated Ansible tower wif Jenkins to deploy code to different servers. Wrote Ansible Playbooks for installing JBoss, WebLogic, Nginx and WebSphere for configuring load balancers and fail over.
- Integrated Terraform wif Ansible, Packer to create and Version the AWS Infrastructure, code deployment and orchestration wif tools such as Puppet, Chef, Cloud Formation, and automation validation using Test Kitchen, Ansible and Terraform.
- Terraform template to create Load balancers, EC2 instance wif auto scaling and monitoring on the fly for different environments. Creating an AWS RDS MySQL DB cluster and connected to the database through an Amazon RDS MySQL DB Instance using the Amazon RDS Console.
- Installed and configured Jenkins wif SonarQube and GIT by installing GIT plugins and building the artifacts SonarQube for static and dynamic code analysis using Maven automation tool and storing the build artifacts into Nexus repository and deploying it to WebSphere/Tomcat server.
- Developed Jenkins Files as groovy scripted pipelines to build the Docker images, push them to the Docker registry and perform the rolling deployments on to the Kubernetes Clusters.
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Ruby, Bash, PowerShell, and Python. Experienced wif version control systems Git and Subversion.
- Worked in designing and implementing continuous integration system using Jenkins by creating Python and Perl scripts.
- Expertise in Shell Scripting and Perl Scripting for Environment Builds and Automating Deployment on WebSphere Application Servers and WebLogic Application Servers.
- Extensive PowerShell experience developing, implementing, and maintaining automation scripts to meet business needs in large scale, highly available, online production environments.
- Used several Python libraries such as wxPython, Numpy and matplotlib for representation or plotting of Network Analysis.
- Wrote PowerShell scripts for reporting and automation addressing either a single customer's environment or multiple customer environments also to perform alerting, reporting, monitoring and routine maintenance for domain resources
- Built various containers using Docker engine and Docker Machine environments, to deploy the micro services-oriented environments for scalable applications. Experience in writing Docker files to build the micro-service applications.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes. Also configured Kubernetes cluster and supported it running on the top of the CoreOS.
- Deployed Kubernetes Cluster on AWS, VMWare using MiniKube, Kub spray, performed the deployments of the Docker images on to the clusters by updating the Labels and selectors in the Pod definition.
- Installation of the ELK stack to create a comprehensive log management system to provide insight into the traffic patterns happening on the network.
- Experience in deployment of JIRA applications into existing/default VPC and configuring Amazon Elastic File System to sort the artifacts can be accessed through multiple nodes for High Availability.
- Involved in all phases of Software development life cycle (SDLC) and experienced wif fast paced Agile methodologies.
Environment: Java/J2EE, GIT, IBM Rational ClearQuest, Jenkins, VSTS, RDMS, SVN, Chef, ATG Commerce server, Amazon Web Servers (AWS), Cloud Engineer, visual studio, IaaS, PaaS ANT, MAVEN, Shell (bash), Apache Tomcat Application Server, Linux, SQL
AWS Cloud Engineer
- Responsible for architecting, designing, implementing, and supporting of cloud-based infrastructure and its solutions.
- Proficient in AWS services like VPC, EC2, S3, ELB, Auto Scaling Groups (ASG), EBS, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudFront, CloudTrail.
- Experienced in creating multiple VPC's and public, private subnets as per requirement and distributed them as groups into various availability zones of the VPC.
- Created NAT gateways and instances to allow communication from the private instances to the internet through bastion hosts.
- Used security groups, network ACL's, internet gateways and route tables to ensure a secure zone for organization in AWS public cloud.
- Implemented domain name service (DNS) through route 53 to have highly available and scalable applications.
- Maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers using Cloud Watch service.
- Created EBS volumes for storing application files for use wif EC2 instances whenever they are mounted to them.
- Implemented and designed AWS virtual servers by Ansible roles to ensure deployment of web applications
- Experienced in creating RDS instances to serve data through servers for responding to requests.
- Created snapshots to take backups of the volumes and images to store launch configurations of the EC2 instances.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process.
- Used AWS Lambda to run servers wifout managing them and to trigger and run code by S3 and SNS.
- Implemented Cloud Trail to capture the events related to API calls made to AWS infrastructure.
- Developed installer scripts using Python and UNIX for various products to be hosted on Application Servers.
- Implementation using Jenkins along wif Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Created function in Lambda that aggregates the data from incoming events, then stored result data in Amazon Dynamo DB and S3.
- Provided python build script for building and deploying the application.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT from scratch.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, EBS, RDS, Route53, ELB, Cloud Watch, CloudFormation, AWS Auto Scaling, Lambda, Elastic BeanStalk), GIT, SQL, Jira, AWS CLI, Unix/Linux, Ruby, Shell scripting, Jenkins, Chef, Terraform, Nginx, Tomcat, JBoss.
Build & Release Engineer
- Designing and implementing for fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by Using DevOps Technologies like Puppet.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT, Stash Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Implemented build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools to build a continuous delivery pipeline.
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using chef.
- Created and maintained various Nodes/Slaves in Jenkins for TEMPeffective light weight Build farm.
- Configured Git wif Jenkins and schedule jobs using Poll SCM option.
- Implemented a GIT mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both GIT and SVN.
- Experience wif build tools Ant, Maven and writing build.xml and pom.xml respectively.
- Used ANT and Python scripts to automate the Build and deployment process to deploying the web services.
- Expertise in querying RDBMS such as Oracle DB 11g, DB2 for data integrity and verifying DB packages code deployments.
- Experience writing chef cookbook and recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrating chef cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks, Recipes, Resources and Run lists, Managed Chef client nodes, and uploaded cookbooks to chef-server using Workstation.
- Managed Chef Server in pushing the infrastructure changes to client nodes, monitoring the logs and security.
- Created Puppet manifests, profiles, and roles module to automate system operations.
- Assist wif maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN and have also build tools in Jenkins in moving from one environment to another.
- Experience in monitoring System/Application Logs of server using Splunk to detect Prod/Non-Prod errors etc.
- Debugged build failures and worked wif developers and QA people to resolve the related issues.
- Coordinated release activities wif Product, QA, and development team to ensure a smooth release.
Environment: Git, SVN, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, CHEF, Remedy, Python, Rational Clear Quest, Nagios, AWS, Jira, MySQL, Oracle 11g.