Seeking a position as a DSP firmware/software engineer
- Digital filter design and implementation.
- Embedded real - time filter implementation.
- Fixed-point quantization.
- LMS/LS Adaptive filter.
- Signal identifications.
- Kalman filter applications.
- Device drivers.
Simulation: time/frequency domain, FIR/IIR digital filter, MATLAB/SIMULINK/GUI, PID compensator
Assembly: Super10,Z8C95,80196,80186,8096,8031/51,8048,68000, TMS320C5409
DSP: PPC405, ARM9,TMS320C2812,TMS320C2XLP,TMS320C50,TMS320C25, MSP430F437,TMS320C6414, TMS320C5509,TMS320C28335, PIC24FJ256GB110, MSP430i4020, MSP430FR57xx., ColdFire MCF5213.
Digital Design: TTL, CMOS, and I/O interface, flash memory programming
Software: VISUAL BASIC, LABVIEW, Verilog, HDL, Tcl/Tk and C/C++, PLC
Product involved: IC Instruments, Hard Disk Drive, CD/DVD
Certificate training: OOP/C++, SCSI, Fibre Channel/Arbitrated loop, TwinCAT
Interface Protocol: DMA, McBSP, SPI, RS232, USB, I2C, EtherCAT
RTOS: IBM, Threadx, TI Bios
FPGA: Xilinx, Altera
Confidential, Milpitas, CA
- Designed & simulated a stepper motor velocity profile, the stepper Pulse Width vs Reflected Power to-go using MATLAB.
- Developed a dual-frequency detection of a pulse-stream (13M Hz) vs a single-frequency using Xilinx XC3S1200E SPATAN 3.
Confidential, Roanoke, VA
- Work in collaboration with HW group in developing a screen brightness control using DSP MSP430FR5728:
- Designed & simulated a digital feedback system, PID compensator, to control the brightness using MATLAB and its GUI.
- Developed & implemented the algorithm, plus its associated interfaces protocols, such as SPI, I2C, UART, written in C.
- Developed test codes to troubleshoot peripheral functions while evaluation and bringing-up and PC boards.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- Work in collaboration with HW group in developing a pump flow rate control using 3-phase BLDC motor:
- Developed the motor speed feedback control algorithm and implemented the code in C/C++ using STM32h743xi and Xilinx FPGA, SPARTAN 6.
- Designed & simulated a digital feedback loop algorithm, PID compensator, to control the motor speed using MATLAB.
- Developed & implemented FPGA test benches using MATLAB & ModelSIM
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- Developed the application code of EtherCAT interface, involving C and XML code implements.
- Designed & developed a digital feedback loop algorithm, PID compensator, to control the current or voltage of a power supply in conjunction with RS232 interface, using C and MALAB.
- Developed & implemented an embedded real-time system in scheduling and prioritizing its incoming events and tasks, using DSP from either Microchip family, or TI family.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Developed & sustained a GUI tool that conducts manufacture commands, Using Tcl/TK and MATLAB.
- Designed & developed an automated GUI to capture and display the image of a magnetic surface.
- Developed an AGC algorithm to optimize the light intensity applying to a color image, using MATLAB.
- Designed & implemented Upload/Download algorithm using Endpoint Bulk mode
- Designed & developed write/read programming of flash memory, M25PE40, using Parallel to serial SPI bus
- Evaluated & analyzed IIR LPFs using TMS320C5510 in Assembly
Confidential, Lynchburg, VA
- Simulated & implemented Noise cancellation algorithm, using AGC method
- Designed & implemented Noise suppression, using LMS adaptive filter
- Designed & developed frequency converters, interpreted/decimated, using polyphase approaches with MATLAB simulations
- Evaluated & analyzed digital filters, FIR and IIR. in C & assembly.
- Designed a MATLAB GUI to extract interface protocol data using 3D plots.
- Designed & implemented DSP device drivers, in conjunction with Threadx, using DSP AT91SAM7S512 in C/C++
- Designed & developed stepper motor control algorithm, using SIMULINK
- Implemented Flash memory programming in C/C++
- Evaluated & analyzed battery charger algorithm, using MSP430F2230, in C.
- Flash memory programming & its device driver development in C/C++
- Phase Lock Loop design and its algorithm implementation in C/C++
- Implemented PLL state machine & controls algorithm written in C/C++
- Rotor Speed Estimator test fixture development, involving its data collections:
- Analyzed & simulated the rotor control system using SIMULINK