- Overall 7+ years of experience in DevOps, Amazon web services as well as build and release engineer, Linux system administration in solving the typical problems and deployment operation required in different environments and also supporting development.
- Experienced in cloud services on AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Experienced in utilizing AWS for importing volumes, propelling EC2, configure security groups, auto scaling, stack balancers in the characterized virtual private connection.
- Working experience in creating instances in AWS and deploying Linux and ubuntu environments.
- Using S3 bucket setting up data and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Experienced with IAM in creating new users & groups, defining roles and policies.
- Experienced in provisioning of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS virtual machines and web/worker roles on Microsoft azure classic and Azure Resource manager.
- Strongly experienced with Jenkins, Bamboo which are continuous integration tools.
- Knowledge and experience in creating Jenkins pipeline and implementing project builds the framework using
- Expertise in ANT and Maven build tools in Java environment.
- Strong command in Linux and Unix administration.
- Experienced in ansible and writing playbooks efficiently for virtual and physical instances provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Experienced in setting up chef workstation, bootstrapped instances using chef and integrating with auto scaling.
- Experience in source control tools like Git, Perforce, CVS, Tortoise SVN, IBM clear case.
- Experience with container - based deployments using docker and worked with docker images and containerization of applications using docker.
- Experience in using kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of docker containers.
- Experienced in integration of unit tests, code quality analysis tools like Junit, SonarQube and Veracode, selenium.
- Good knowledge on working, running SQL database scripts used as part of build and deployment processes.
- NoSQL database experience in MongoDB, CassandraDB.
- Experienced in implementing and administering monitoring tools like Splunk and Nagios.
- Experience in creating alarms and trigger points in CloudWatch based on thresholds and monitored the server’s performance, CPU utilization, disk usage.
- Hands on experience on terraform a tool for building, changing and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently
- Experienced in virtualization technologies VMWare, Virtual box, Vagrant for creating virtual machines and provisioning environments
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building deploying and in production support
Operating systems: Windows, Unix, Linux, RedHat, MacOs, CentOs
Cloud Services: AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP, PCF, Openstack and Rackspace
Monitoring Tools: CloudWatch, Nagios, Splunk, Zabbix, Sensu
Source control tools: GIT, Subversion, Perforce, CVS
CI/CD: Jenkins, Bamboo, Team city, GitLab
Build tools: Maven, ANT, Nexus, Gradle, Build forge, Cruise control
Repositories: Nexus, Art factory, JFrog
Configuration Management: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, CF Engine
Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift
Tracking Tools: Jira, Remedy, Clear Quest, ServiceNow, Rally
Scripting Languages: Shell Scripting, Powershell, JSON, Ruby, Python
DataBase: MySQL, MS SQL Server, No SQL, MongoDB, Oracle, DynamoDB, Cassandra, DB2
Virtualization: VM Ware, Virtual Box
Confidential, Peoria, IL
Sr. Cloud Engineer
- Worked as Senior Cloud engineer for provisioning and managing infrastructure through automation on AWS cloud environments and DevOps tools.
- Setting up scalability for application servers using command line interface for Setting up and administering DNS system in AWS using Route53 and Managing users and groups using the amazon identity and access management (IAM).
- Creating Security groups for both individual instances and for group of instances under a network
- Setup Auto scaling groups based on memory and CPU to adapt to unforeseen spikes without having an outage or needing manual intervention.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to automate repeatable provisioning of AWS resources for applications and to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool to automate the build process and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl & Python), and creating/configuring EC2’s (Windows/Linux).
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Set up Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling the Git source control system during the day and periodic scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins, Git, Junit and Maven.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks by variables which is executed on multiple target servers for installation, configuration of applications.
- Hands-on experience in writing Ansible playbook modules to configure JBoss and extending this configuration to multiple application servers fronted by a load balancer or other web server fronted.
- Launched Different EC2 Virtual Servers in the public cloud using AWS Auto-scaling and prebaked Amazon Machine Images (AMI) through Ansible Playbooks and Roles to maintain the production environment all times highly available.
- Created Docker images using a Dockerfile, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing docker volumes.
- Managed Kubernetes, running/managing containers, container snapshots and managing images. Enhanced SDLC cycle by using Docker containers delivered with Kubernetes for web application deployment.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Created many Clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating many pods, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels, health checks and ingress by writing YAML files.
- Developed Shell and Python scripts for release and build automation using Jenkins and Maven. Manipulated the existed scripts to meet the client requirements.
- Implement and maintain the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using CloudWatch.
- Installed, Configured and Managed monitoring tools such as Nagios, Splunk for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
Environment: AWS, Git, Github, Jenkins,Nexus, Maven, Ansible, Shell, Python, Ruby, YAML, Docker, Kubernetes, cloudwatch, Splunk
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. DevOps / Cloud Engineer
- Worked as Devops and Cloud engineer in Automating, Configuring and Deploying instances on AWS cloud environments.
- Responsible for maintaining and expanding AWS infrastructure using AWS stack especially worked with database setup and maintenance on AWS EC2 and migrated applications from customer on premises datacenter to the cloud.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using cloudwatch.
- Maintenance of source code in Git and branching, creating labels, merging of codes on git for QA testing and release.
- Integrating Jenkins with GitHub for continuous integration and deployment of the code by enabling git hooks, the build jobs are automatically created once the changes are made to the code by dev team.
- Implemented a Jenkins pipeline to replace MQ servers with AWS SQS Queues and wrote groovy script for Jenkins pipeline job.
- Used Jenkins for deployment into Tomcat application server.
- Managed Dependency Management within the teams by installing and configuring Nexus Repository Manager.
- Worked on using Maven as build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Developed installer scripts using Maven and worked on pom.xml files for maven build scripts.
- Used Ansible tower to auto deploy servers rapidly as per the requirement and also implemented and designed AWS virtual servers by ansible roles to ensure deployment of web applications.
- Worked on creating roles to roll out configurations to different environments and created playbooks for AWS deployments and bug fixes with Ansible.
- Maintained high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with scripting and configuration management using Ansible.
- Worked on build scripts and automated solutions using various scripting languages like python, Ruby, YAML.
- Worked on to setup Docker to automate container deployment through Jenkins and worked on docker container to create docker images for different environments.
- Developed docker images using a docker file and docker container snapshots and managing docker volumes also deployed Docker swarm using Ansible.
- Worked in using kubernetes for container management that runs docker containerized applications in a cluster of EC2 instances in Linux environment.
- Converted existing terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize cloud formation during terraform deployments to enable more control on missing capabilities.
Environment: AWS, Git, Github, Jenkins,Nexus, MQ server, Maven, Ansible, Shell, Python, Ruby, YAML, Docker, Kubernetes, cloudwatch, Terraform.
Confidential, Madison, WI
Sr. DevOps / Cloud Engineer
- Prepared capacity and architecture plan to create the Azure environment to host migrated IaaS VMs and PaaS role instances for refactored applications and databases.
- Built and installed servers through Azure resource manager templates and azure portal.
- Responsible of web application deployments over cloud services on azure using Visual studio and PowerShell.
- Configured and installed chef workstation and wrote cookbooks recipes on nodes managed by on premise chef server.
- Used chef for server provisioning and automating infrastructure and chef recipes to create a deployment directly into azure.
- Created Chefbooks to provision Apache webservers, tomcat servers and deployed Java enterprise applications to apache web server.
- Created Jenkins builds and deployed to the application server using udeploy for java and .NET applications.
- Worked with PowerShell and written a script that would automatically sync the parent fork repos in two different projects in VSTS Git/Azure Repos and integrated PowerShell with VSTS builds.
- Used docker as a new level of simplicity to defining and creating applications and services by encapsulating them in containers.
- Worked on Docker hub, creating docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Created a dynamic horizontal scaling cluster management platform using kubernetes to deploy dockerized microservice containers.
- Orchestration of docker images and containers using kubernetes by creating whole master and node.
- Used JFrog artifactory repository tool for maintaining the java based related packages.
- Worked on Data Lake for U-SQL data type that will organize U-SQL scripts and also to manage U-SQL code for CI/CD will make easy.
- Configured Servers to host Team foundation server (TFS) instance, build controllers and build agents.
- Wrote terraform scripts from scratch for building development, staging, production and disaster recovery for several cloud infrastructures.
- Worked with different bug tracking tools like JIRA and generated reports using JIRA for creating projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the project.
Environment: Azure, Salt stack, Powershell, Chef, Apache webserver, Tomcat server, ANT, Maven, Shell, Jenkins, Java, .NET, Git, Docker, JFrog, Kubernetes, DataLake, TFS, terraform, JIRA
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Designed AWS cloud formation templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of web applications and database templates.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, Creating Security groups, autoscaling, load balancers in the defined virtual private connection.
- Extensive experience in using Version control systems includes Subversion and Git.
- Worked on branching, merging, tagging and maintaining the version across environments using SCM tools like Subversion, Git.
- Acquired practical exposure with continuous integration/continuous delivery tools like Bamboo and code pipeline.
- Used Maven to create build and deployment scripts as build tools in Bamboo to move from one environment to other environments.
- Managed re-architecture of Bamboo and integration with confluence for release management and documentation assets. Re-architect a Maven based system reducing build times.
- Converted Java projects into Maven projects by creating POM file and ensured all the dependencies are built.
- Used Nexus tool to manage the repository in Maven and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Worked closely with the development and operations for organizations to implement the necessary tools and process to support the automation of builds, deployments, testing and infrastructure as code using ansible.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks with python SSH as the wrapper to manage configurations of open stack nodes and test playbooks on AWS instances using python.
- Developed containerized docker architecture solutions and maintained containers on a private docker hub.
- Deployed docker container to kubernetes clusters with using nginx load balancers using custom domain.
- Converted existing AWS infrastructure to serverless architecture with AWS Lambda, Kinesis and deployed with terraform and AWS cloud formation.
- Worked by using scripting languages like Perl, python, ruby, bash.
- Identified process improvement and automation opportunities within the release process to continuously improve the product quality.
Environment: AWS, Subversion, Git, Bamboo, Code pipeline, Maven, Nexus, Java, Ansible, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Perl, Python, Ruby, Bash.
Build and release engineer
- Worked on Build engineering and release management process, end to end code configuration and deployments of artifacts for entire lifecycle model in enterprise applications.
- Extensively used Git for source code version control and integrated with Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline, code quality tracking and user management with build tool maven.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Maven. Automated the process using plugins available Jenkins and move from one environment to other throughout the build pipeline.
- Integrated Jenkins with various build tools to achieve successful implementation of Jenkins CI/CD pipeline. Developed scripted pipeline to version control various pipelines and maintain the source of truth
- Configured puppet master and agent. wrote puppet manifests for deploying, configuring and monitoring into nodes.
- Utilized cloud formation and puppet by creating Devops processes for consistent and reliable deployment methodology.
- Wrote puppet modules to configure apache tomcat and different web applications to improve performance.
- Deployed the applications to tomcat application server and static content to apache web servers.
- Developed scripts using Bash and Batch files for automation of activities and Builds.
- Implemented a continuous delivery pipeline with docker, Jenkins and GitHub. Whenever a new GitHub branches are created Jenkins automatically attempts to build a new docker container from it.
- Coordinated with development teams to perform builds and resolve build issues.
- Scripted continuous integration with help of ruby and team city to build and deploy on AWS EC2 instance using Docker.
- Extensively used JIRA for issue tracking and project management and for tracking bug.
Environment: Git, Jenkins, Maven, Puppet, Apache tomcat, Bash, Docker, GitHub, Ruby, Team city, JIRA.