- Over 8+ years of experience in IT industry comprising of Three years of Linux Systems Administration and Five years of Software Configuration Management (SCM). Extensive experience includes SCM, DevOps Build/Release Management, Change/Incident Management and Cloud Management.
- Experienced in implementing Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server including bootstrapping of chef client nodes for provisioning. Created roles, recipes, cookbooks and data bags for server configuration.
- Build and Continuous Integration with like Ant/Ivy, Maven, Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo, Gradle, and Teamcity.
- Experience with Version Control Systems like GIT, CVS, SVN (Subversion), ACCUREV, Perforce, and IBM Rational Team Concert.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins as build framework tool & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Experience in using Build Automation scripting like MAVEN, ANT and MSBUILD as build tools for building of deployable artifacts (JAR, WAR & EAR and DLL & EXE) from source code.
- Experience in configuration ofNIS, NIS+, DNS, DHCP, NFS, SAMBA, SQUID, Postfix, send mail, FTP, remote access, security management and Security trouble shooting skills.
- Experience in Creation and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in Solaris and Red Hat Linux.
- Experience using cloud providers and API’s for Amazon (AWS) Ec2, S3, VPC, SNS, AMI with Cloud Sigma (EU) and GFS storage.
- Experience in Installing Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Experienced in implementing and maintaining an Apache Tomcat /MySQL/PHP, LDAP, LAMP web service environment.
- Experienced in Trouble shooting and Backup and Recovery.
- Experience in Installing, upgrading and configuring Red Hat Linux 4.x, 5.x, and 6.x using Kickstart Servers.
- Experience with Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM), Veritas File System (VxFS), Veritas Net Backup, Veritas Clustering with SAN, NAS environment.
- Experience in writing shell scripts to automate the administrative tasks and management using corn.
- Experienced in Creation and upkeep of substance for the Ansible people group, and execution of Ansible modules in light of client and group prerequisites.
- Experience supporting 24x7 production computing environments. Experience providing on - call and weekend support.
- Handled configuration-management, application deployment, cloud provisioning, ad-hoc task-execution, and multi node orchestration using Ansible.
- Worked on Data-Center operation and migration across Unix and Linux platforms
- Installation and configuration of JBoss, Web Logic, Web Sphere 5.1/6.0 Application Server on Solaris and Linux boxes.
- Experience in integrating Unit Tests and code Quality Analysis Tools like JUnit, SonarQube and Find bugs.
- Involved in setting up Jira as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for the Jira bug/issue tracker.
- Independent problem solving and a good team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Configured servers to host Team Foundation Server (TFS) instance, build controllers and build agents.
- Hands on experience in creating and upgrading Cassandra clusters, including backup and recovery planning.
- Implemented Trip wire and Digital board band. Implemented active directory.
- Participated, documented, managed ITIL controls and supported Linux environment.
- Expertise in scripting for automation, and monitoring using Shell, PHP, Python & Perl scripts.
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, and TFTP)
- Good Interpersonal Skills, team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions.
Config Management: Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Docker, Maven, Nexus, Ansible, Artifactory.
Test and Build tools: Jenkins, ANT, MAVEN, Bamboo, Hudson and Gradle.
Issue tracking tools: Jira, Service Now, Bugzilla.
Version control system: GIT, CVS, SVN, RTC, source tree
Programming Languages: C, SQL, HTML, PHP, XML, Bash, Perl and Shell Programming, JSP, Pythonand Ruby.
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, Apache, Web logic, WebSphere and JBoss
Infrastructure as service: AWS, OpenStack and Rackspace
Database: SQL server 2008R2/2012, Oracle 11g, MySQL.
Disk Management Tools: Solaris Volume Manager (SVM), ZFS, Zones, Veritas Volume Manager, File system, Sun Solstice Disk Suite, Red Hat LVM.
Network Protocols/Services: LDAP, TCP/IP, UDP, FTP, SFTP, HTTP/HTTPS, SSL, NIS, NIS+, NFS, DNS, and DHCP
Cluster Environment: Sun Cluster Servers 2.2, 3.1, 3.2 and VERITAS Cluster Servers 4.1,5.0
Mail Server: Send Mail, IBM Lotus Notes, Microsoft outlook.
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet, maven& Nexus in Linux environment.
- Responsible for Distributed Version Control Systems like GIT, SVN, ACCUREV.
- Responsible for Database build, release and configuration.
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules.
- Responsible for Design of different Release Environments for new projects.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups
- Configured servers to host Team Foundation Server (TFS) instance, build controllers and build agents
- Manage deployment automation using Puppet, M Collective, Hiera, Custom Puppet modules, in Ruby.
- AWS Cloud management and Puppet automation
- Created puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations. Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch
- Integration of ANT/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, Confluence, Jira and Cloud Foundry.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Responsible for Java Application Server administration and tuning experience (e.g. JBoss, WebSphere, Tomcat, WEB LOGIC)
- Member of CCM representing changes for Release and environment configuration.
- Perform Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Migrated applications to the AWS cloud
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Batch, Shell script etc.
- Work with different team members for automation of Release components.
- Created multi AZ VPC instances
- Implemented AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
Environment: GIT, JENKINS, PUPPET, MAVEN, AWS, EC2, WEBSPHERE, ANT, PUTTY, CONFLUENCE, SOA, Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Works with Symantec and BSC team to setup the Symantec O3 IDLINK Open VPN Servers.
- Implemented cloud services AWS.
- Implemented Bash, Perl, Python scripting.
- Implemented automations tools Chef.
- Migrated to Red hat satellite server 6 version.
- Worked exclusively on VMware virtual environment.
- Worked on variety of Linux platforms Red Hat Linux, Solaris which includes installation, configuring and maintenance of applications on this environment.
- Worked with Red Hat Satellite Server which is used to push changes across various servers simultaneously.
- Worked on projects like PCI, SR to ensure all goes well and provided support till servers go in to production environment.
- Worked closely with DBA Team in order to adjust kernel parameters as per requirements.
- Experience in using VMware Motion to move VM’s from One Datacenter to another datacenter.
- Updating patches to keep servers updated against bugs present in the operating system using Red Hat Satellite Server, yum, etc.
- Build servers using Kick Start, Red Hat Satellite Server, and VSphere Client.
- Performed the daily system administration tasks like managing system resources and end users support operations and security.
- Responsible for independent support of Tier 2 issues: reboots, start/stop services, reset Terminal Service and pc anywhere connections, and administrative server maintenance. Daily follow up with clients to ensure resolution of all issues.
- Provide support to Account Managers, UNIX and Windows technicians, and other departments.
- Used Logical Volume Manager for the management of Volumes including creation of physical and logical volumes on Linux.
- Involved in installation and configuration of various Third party software onto servers.
- Involved in ILMT Agent Deployments and Oracle/SQL Upgrade project which includes various UNIX builds of different OS platforms across various data centers.
- Installed, configured and provided support for Tivoli Monitoring software across various OS platforms like RHEL, AIX and Solaris.
- Installed packages using YUM and Red Hat Package Manager (RPM) on various servers.
- Coordinated with various cross functional teams across IT operations to make sure smooth functioning of projects.
- Day to day resolution on Linux based issued though SMS ticketing system in compliance to SLA cycles.
- Troubleshooting network administration, IIS configuration, DNS setup and modifications, firewall rule sets, local and distributed director, connectivity, and supporting applications.
- HP ALM Administrator responsible for creating projects and user access as requested through Service Now Tickets
- Setup and Maintained the HP ALM Synchronizer Server - synchronizing HP ALM with TFS.
- Performed application installation and management on IBM AIX and Linux servers for applications like Web Sphere Application Server (WAS) 7, JBoss 4.2.x, 5.x, Sun JES Web Server 6.1, Oracle 10g, Sybase 12.5 etc.
- Automating many day to day tasks through Bash scripting.
Environment: Chef, Puppet, Git, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x/5.x/6.1, AIX 6.x, Solaris 8/ 9/10, Tivoli Storage Manager, VMware ESX5, Cassandra, Tivoli Net backup, and Web sphere, ALM. Windows 2012 Servers, Windows 2008, IIS 7.0 & 7.5
Confidential, Salt Lake City, UT
Linux/UNIX system admin
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Jenkins CI Automation.
- Installed/Configured and Managed Nexus Repository Manager and all the Repositories.
- Involved in all projects that move to production and work closely with the Data Center, Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes
- Created and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts for TC Server/Tomcat web Servers.
- Created the Release process of the artifacts.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion (SVN).
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automated build, testing and deployment of the products to various developments.
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management, Build/Deploy Pipeline Setup and End-End Job Setup of all the projects.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Written make, Maven and Ant build tools for application layer modules.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Perform periodic system audits on all environments to ensure that only controlled versions of software reside all environments.
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- JIRA is used as ticket tracking, change management and Agile/SCRUM tool.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, CHEF, TC Server, Tomcat, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX, Windows 7, Oracle, JIRA.
Linux System Administrator
- Created and deployed builds to different environments based on requests.
- Converted and automated builds using Maven and Ant. Scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins.
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes.
- Helped developers and other project teams to set views and environments.
- Created and applied Baselines and Labels for each Build Artifacts.
- Created UCM Projects, Development and Integration views for Development and Integration Streams.
- Designed and implemented Subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Wrote Puppet models for installing and managing java versions.
- Chef to aid with our deployment process, and migrating in house systems to Amazon Cloud Services.
- Using Chef and AWS allowed me to reduce costs for the department and eliminate unwarranted resources. Automated provisioning of cloud infrastructure with Chef.
- BuildOpenStacktest and development infrastructureand maintaining Chef Cookbooks for production rollout.
- Replaced existing manual deployment and management processes with Chef and AWS OpsWorks stacks across 4 product platforms.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into GitHub code management repo.
- Created and maintained documentation of build and release processes and application configuration to comply with audit requirements and Industry best practices.
- Managed GIT and SVN as Source Control Systems
- Created Pre-operation and Post-operation triggers in UCM.
- Developed scripts using PERL, BASH and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds.
- Provided level one support for build troubleshooting and production issues.
- Responsible for the EBFs (Emergency Bug Fixes) to push them to different environments and monitor their status.
- Performed merges for each build from Development Branch to Integration Branch.
- Created the Release Management plan with the implementation schedule.
- Conducted Sanity Testing to verify for the right build is deployed.
- 24/7 on call support for emergency site maintenance and immediate build and install requests.
- Worked with the automated scripts for the Build and Deployment of the applications.
- Responsible for Build and Install Schedules using Unix Cron jobs.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for the purpose of build and install on different environments.
- Created the build instructions docs and install (deploy) instructions docs for each application for different environments.
Environment: Java/J2ee, Eclipse, Chef, AWS (Amazon Web Services) Ant, Maven, Subversion, SVN, GIT, Python, Ruby, Nexus, Sonar, UCD, Jenkins, PERL, BASH, Solaris, UNIX.
- Involved in Building and configuring Red Hat Linux Servers 3 using Kick Start server as required for the project.
- Administration of RHEL 4, 5 and Solaris9, 10 which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting server issues.
- Deployed Red Hat Statellite server with custom repositories to provide a stable management solution for the linux environment.
- Installed and Configured Oracle on Solaris 9/10 and Redhat LinuxEnvironment.
- Creating, cloning Linux Virtual Machines, templates using VMware Virtual Client 3.5 and migrating servers across ESX hosts.
- Involved in SAN migrations at host level using LVM mirroring and SVM Mirroring.
- Creating LDOMs, installing Solaris, creating volumes, installing packages.
- SolarisLive Upgrade from Solaris 8, 9 and old update from Solaris10 newer update version across the whole environment.
- Creating, cloning LinuxVirtual Machines, templates using VMware 4/5 and migrating servers between ESX hosts.
- Installing Redhat Linuxusing kickstartand applying security policies for hardening the server based on the company's policies.
- Installed SolarisSoftware using Jumpstart/Flash Archives and involved in configuring/setup LDOM.
- Lockdown the local accounts to secure the environment using NIS.
- Planned, scheduled and Implemented OS patches on both Solaris & Linux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance and Secure Shell (SSH) implementation.
- Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling cron jobs, enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Experienced in firewalling dynamic infrastructures with Chef.
- Replaced an aging Puppet implementation with Chef for a late-stage start-up.
- Troubleshooting tickets, which includes storage, network, system related issues and logging RCA using BMC Remedy.
- Custom building Oracle RAC 11g and preparing servers for database installation which includes adding kernel parameters, software installation, permissions etc.
- Worked and performed data-center operations including rack mounting, cabling.
- Worked on creating disk groups, volumes, deporting, importing disk groups using VERITAS volume manager.
- Environment, Command line, Current working directory, root directory, executed command.
- Expertise in installation, configuration and administration of Windows 2000/2003/2008 servers, Active Directory and exchange server.
- Set up user and group login ID's, printing parameters, network configuration, password, resolving
- Administration of RHEL 5, 6 and Solaris 9, 10 which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting server issues.
- Installed and Configured Oracle ASR on total Solaris 10 Environment.
- Creating, cloning Linux virtual Machines, templates using VMware Virtual Client 3.5 and migrating servers across ESX hosts.
- Jumpstart Solaris servers, custom configure, install packages, patches, and harden. Managed LDOMs, installing Solaris, creating volumes, installing packages.
- Installed Opsware agents, created packages, policies, scheduled jobs on Opsware.
- Worked on Veritas Netbackup 6.5 which includes installation, creating policies, configuration and upgrading servers.
- Installing, configuring, custom building Oracle10g, Oracle RAC 11g and preparing servers for database installation which includes adding kernel parameters, software installation, permissions etc.
- Worked and performed data-center operations including rack mounting, cabling.
- Installing, configuring, administering Veritas Cluster Server 5.0, creating service groups, adding resources, enabling attributes, testing fail-over.
- Adding patches to keep the servers updated against bugs present in the operating system as well as other applications like VERITAS Storage Foundation, Web Sphere and Oracle.
- Implemented and administered VMware ESX 3.5, 4.x for running the Windows 2003/2008 Servers on development and test servers.
- Worked on creating disk groups, volumes, deporting, importing disk groups using veritas volumemanager5.1.
Environment: Red-Hat Linux Enterprise servers 4/5/6, (HP Proliant DL, ML Series, IBM p series, x series, Dell Poweredge Servers R610, R710), Solaris 8/9/10/11, ASR, Opsware, VMWare, SAN(EMC, Hitachi), NAS (Netapp), BladeLogic, Veritas Volume Manager4.1, Sun Enterprise Server M4000, M5000, T2k, T3k, Chef.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes