CAREER OBJECTIVE To obtain a challenging position as a Network Engineer or IT Support, allowing me to utilizemy skills and adaptabilityto stimulate productivity and promote an opportunity forprofessional growth and development.
Network Engineer /IT Network Specialist Team Lead November 2011- Present Confidential (Falls Church, VA)
- Manage a group of 10 Network Technicians with the responsibilities of installing the Militaries Department of Health Headquarters SIPRNET, NIPRNET and JWICS network.
- Configured and troubleshot DHHQs NIPRNET, wireless network, and VOIP network.
- Maintained the internal backbone network for the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine, PFPA, and TMA.
- Installed and configured Consolidated Server Room equipment such as CISCO 15454 MSPP, 5000 series UCS servers, ASR 1001, 4509 R+E, 3750 switches .Nexus 5000 and 2000 shared services switch, 6509 Fiber Switch , and VTC MSE 8000 brides.
- Ensured that various equipment were functioning properly such as the JUNIPER Storm, ISG 1000, M10i, M7i and Ex 4200, and the Avaya G450 switch. Blue Coat, for proxy and the Info Blox for DNS. Nitro Security and Palto Alto for the DMZ access control firewall.
Integrated Network Technician Confidential (Alexandria, VA) May 2011- Present
- Adhere to FCG labeling standards.
- Build closets (Mount and install backboards, cross connects, racks, patch panels, fiber optic and hardware).
- Install grounding for racks, equipment and cable as required.
- Complete all IDC connections (e.g. terminate 110/66 blocks and patch panels)
- Test continuity, horizontal and riser cable by using a volt-ohmmeter.
- Troubleshoot opens, crosses, shorts and transpose pairs on horizontal and riser cables.
CCNA Assistant Instructor (Seasonal) Confidential (Washington, DC) June 2011 - Present
- Assist CCIE Instructor with getting students ready for the CCNA 640-802 Exam.
- Teach basic routing fundamentals and topics such as Routing Protocols, Frame-Relay, VLSM , Nat, Access-List, Routing on a Stick, On-Demand-Routing, and Layer 2 &3 Switching.
Network Engineer (Remote Support) February 2010-Present Confidential (Clinton, MD)
- Design, Implement, Tier II Operational Support for Platform-based services, which include: ITS-DVB Network Broadband (NBB) Maritime Broadband Systems
- Layer 2/3 Routing/Switching, TCP/IP Protocol, DNS/IP, Broadband Systems/Satellite, Network Protocols, Unicast/Multicast, VOIP, NAT, IPSec, QoS, LAN/WAN, 10/100/1000 Ethernet, VLAN Trunking, VTP, Etherchannel, Cisco Routers/Switches
- Analyze system logs and identify potential issues with computer systems.
- Introduce and integrate new technologies into existing data center environments.
- Perform routine audits of systems and software.
- Ensure that the Cisco Proprietary network infrastructure is up and running.
- Install, troubleshoot, and configure Cisco routers and switches.
- Document configuration of the system.
- Perform general maintenance tasks, troubleshoot, and repair computer systems and peripheral equipment.
- Perform computer hardware and software installations.
- Ensure all systems work properly and equipment is packaged and transported correctly.
- Returns defective modules/parts to maintenance inventory, documents customer depot repair, maintain and restock assigned parts inventory to insure proper spare parts levels.
- Arrange for and/or prepare equipment for shipping/receiving, and handle customer pick-ups for equipment and supplies.
Integrated Security Specialist September 2010- May 2011 Confidential (Linthicum, MD)
- Planned installations by surveying and evaluating location; identified installation requirements; laid out equipment and wiring plans.
- Installed and programmed Access Control, CCTV, and Burglar alarm equipment such as PTZ and Dome Cameras, GE Topaz, Honeywell Vista, PCSC, GE Networx, March Networks, Galaxy Controls, Keyscan, Ademco, Pelco, Verint, Panasonic, Axis, and access control switches, panels and software such as Kantech 200, 300, and 400.
- Ran and terminated wiring to 110/66 punch down block, (Cat 5, Cat6, Fiber Optic, Banana Cable, 18/2, & 18/4).
- Adhered to FCG labeling standards), built closets (Mounted and installed backboards, cross connects, racks, patch panels, fiber optics and hardware).
- Performed testing: continuity test horizontal and riser cable; used volt-ohmmeter; troubleshooted open cross shorts and transposes.
- Programmed and calibrated equipment. Verified system functioning properly by testing equipment, connections, and signals; identifying and correcting problems.
- Integrated and configured equipment over IP addresses.
- Installed and maintained Emergency Telephone systems such as The Talk Alert System.
Level IV Technician September 2007-Sept 2010 Confidential (Beltsville, MD/ Waldorf, MD)
- Prepared for installations by reviewing installation orders, gathering equipment, supplies and tools and coordinating schedules with customers.
- Planned installations by evaluating location, locating access and laying-out equipment and wiring plan.
- Established satellite TV systems by installing equipment, running and pulling cable, running CAT 3, CAT 5 CAT 6, and Fiber Optic wiring, wire and wall fishing, cable modem and internet hook up, telephone and Ethernet wiring, programming and calibrating equipment while adhering to codes, regulations, and standards.
- Verified satellite TV systems for correct functionality and optimal performance by testing equipment and
- connections and identifying and correcting any issues.
- Maintained less than 1% below the area average repeat rate on all calls.
- Maintained accurate records through documenting installations, services, and repairs.
- Maintained and improved service with customers through listening to their descriptions of problems, answering questions, and resolving issues through diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, replacing and/or upgrading components.
- Ensured adequate supply levels by inventorying stock, placing and verifying orders.
- Updated and improved job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and training classes.
A+/Network+ Certification: 96 Academic Clock Hours
- Comp TIA A+ and Networking+
- CCNA CCNP
Academy of Computer Education Major: Music
High School Diploma
- CCNA CCNP and Security +Training
- A+/Net+ Training Certificate of Completion
- Direct TV Customer Service Award
- SBCA Certified Satellite Installer