IT Systems Administrator and Support Technician with wide-ranging experience. Pro-active and dedicated with excellent written and verbal skills.
Microsoft Technologies: Windows Server and Windows client families, Active Directory, WDS, WSUS, DPM, Hyper-V, Office, Exchange, Terminal Services
Third Party Technologies: VMWare ESX and Service Manager, Citrix, Symantec, NextGen EMR, Level Platforms, Lotus Notes, InstallShield, Novell Zenworks and eDirectory, Netware, HP Thin Client Solutions
Programming Languages: VB Script, Basic, C, Pascal
Tier 2 Support Technician
- Primary local site Tier 2 support for hardware, software and network issues as well as Tier 2 remote support for company facilities abroad. On-call support scheduled in rotation with other Tier 2 technicians. In-Home support for select user base.
- Supported customers through a queue based system, addressed escalations from the company HelpDesk, creation and maintenance of user and machine profiles in Active Directory, workstation configuration and deployment, documentation of issues and solutions, inventory management, security badge creation, printer maintenance and mobile phone support.
- Member of Windows 7 upgrade test and development project. Rolled out Windows 7 to local site and provided extensive end-user training.
- Participated in two site location moves and coordinated with vendors for successful completion
- On-site Level 2 support on all Corning approved hardware, software, networks and systems as well as remote support of Corning's North American sites.
- Supported customers through a queue based system, addressed escalations from the company HelpDesk, workstation configuration and deployment, inventory management and documentation of issues and solutions.
- Software and hardware testing for Windows 7 upgrade
Technical Support Specialist
- Level 2 technical support for a state-wide client base
- Remote and on-site technical support for user base, networks and servers, on-boarding new clients and prepping their environment for IT systems monitoring, providing general cleanup of client servers, inventorying network devices, managing and deploying the Level Platforms monitoring system and preparing custom physical and Hyper-V Windows server builds for special projects involving Terminal Services, Citrix and SQL.
- Special year-long project assignment at Chest Medicine in South Portland serving as primary support lead. Managed local servers, printers and applications including the NextGen Electronic Medical Records system. Point contact on joint project with Maine Medical Center interfacing patient record transfers between differing EMR systems. Participated in site location move and coordinated with vendors for successful completion.
PC Support Technician
- Supported a statewide client base using remote access tools and on-site visits
- Daily maintenance and management of Windows Server 2008/2003/2000 and Windows 7/Vista/XP, applications support for Microsoft Office, Exchange email, QuickBooks and assorted applications, building and deploying servers, imaging client PCs, data migration, printer support, hardware diagnostics and component replacement.
Systems Administrator and Technical Support Lead
- Supported South Portland site PCs and customers with Novell Zenworks and VB Script management tools
- Duties included managing accounts, groups and printers in Novell eDirectory, PC and software deployments, software repackaging, backups, restores, migrations, audits and system patching.
- Maintained a secure and consistent PC environment through Windows group policies, planned and implemented various cost reduction projects, coordinated site NT to XP upgrade followed by SP2 upgrade, employed VMWare Workstation virtualization to reduce project development time and monitored for security threats.
Desktop Support Technician - Temp to Perm contract though Manpower. Assignment became permanent in 2000
- Provided IT Desktop support to 200 factory PCs and 100 Corporate Information Systems employees
- Resolved complex hardware and software problems, documented procedures, maintained IT asset database, prepared and deployed PCs, coordinated leased asset returns, administered Novell user accounts, monitored and maintained network integrity.
Desktop Support Technician
- Supported the Bath Iron Works Desktop refresh project
- Prepared lease replacement PCs and coordinated on-site delivery and installation
Installation and Support Technician - Contracted through Tad Resources
- On-site installation of network hardware/software and technical support for customer service calls