Senior RF Engineer
- Manager of Knight Sky's 24x7 Network Operations Center providing proactive monitoring of Knight Sky's TDMA and SCPC Satellite networks, NMS.
- Managed NOC personal and provide Senior RF Engineering support for 24x7 Network Operations department.
- Responsible for creating and administering RF provisioning and break fix training to network operators.
- Develop effective operational procedures and process flows in accordance with ISO 9000 methodology necessary to meet and exceed SLA in accordance with the expectations of Knight Sky's military and corporate clientele.
- Developed and maintain work schedules to ensure adequate staffing to allow the highest level of support for Knight Sky's customer base.
- Administrator of the Change Management Process and responsible for reviewing Engineering Change Management request for scheduled maintenances.
- Played key role in the development and implementation of a standardized process for new customer activations and internal escalation procedures.
- I lead the effort to redesign and standardize the NMS platform and fault detection and isolation reporting for all Layer 1 thru Layer3 and RF network components.
- Established departmental policies and procedures that ensured adherence to standardized fault management practices.
- Responsible for redesigning RF ground station equipment topology and RF spectrum utilization resulting in increased network monitoring visibility and RF capacity efficiency.
- Planned, scheduled, and implemented the installation of iDirect's GNMS Global Network Management System Software Version 126.96.36.199.
- Configured and managed Crystal Solutions Spectrum Monitoring software to monitor the health of all satellite space segment, as well as interference detection and analysis.
- Performed LBA Link Budget Analysis to determine space segment and customer hardware requirements in support of deployments for communication in natural disaster relief missions.
Information Assurance Security Specialist
- Preformed IA scans, reporting, and mitigation for all RF and Layer3 equipment to be in Compliance with DISA requirements DB1 .
- Planned, scheduled, and implemented installation and upgrades of Symantec Antivirus on multiple servers running Red Hat Linux at 10 locations around the world.
- Traveled to teleport locations to perform full security audits, to include various vulnerability scans and physical security evaluations.
- Conducted weekly Security Working Group meetings to enhance all aspects of security at corporate headquarters.
- Performed quarterly SCAP Security Content Automation Protocol and Retina scans on all customer devices.
- Compiled results from vulnerability scans and created and tracked PoAM Plan of Action and Milestones.
- Performed mitigation and remediation for all IA vulnerabilities based on results of weekly vulnerability scans.
- Performed weekly review of audit logs on all servers, and Cisco devices.
- Performed weekly updates to Symantec Antivirus definitions to various closed network devices.
- Performed all necessary Army mandated IAVA implementation across multiple platforms.
Senior RF Enginee
- Senior RF Engineer responsible for Tier II and Tier III NOC escalations and routine RF network maintenance and link budget analysis. Also supported RFI and RFP response and custom RF network design for military customers.
- Planned, scheduled and performed large upgrades of software and hardware at all domestic an international Teleport earth stations.
- Performed quarterly SRR scans of all DoD servers running Linux operating systems using DISA approved SRR scripts.
- Perform mitigation steps to mitigate any necessary IA vulnerabilities based on SRR results gathered during scans.
- Developed, tested and executed custom Linux script to mitigate Retina vulnerabilities.
- Traveled to teleport locations to perform full Security Audits, including SRR, CSA and Retina scans as well as mitigation of any findings.
- Planned, scheduled, and performed bandwidth re-grooms to combine bandwidth from multiple transponders onto one.
- Performed testing, configuration, including STIG, and installation of multiple IBM servers running Linux for the CSS COOP implementation.
- Assisted domestic and international customers with commissioning new site acceptance testing and scheduled network maintenance.
- Designed, implemented and managed iDirect iNfiniti and Evo TDMA networks running on the Red Hat Lunix platform. DB2
- Performed Link Budget Analysis for new and existing remote terminals and teleport upgrades.
- NOC controller and RF shift lead responsible for Tier II escalations and training for junior NOC controllers.
- Assisted military communication personal with the installation, commission and site acceptance testing for new VSATs and VoIP phones out in the field.
- Responsible for configuration and management of Solarwinds Orion Network performance monitor. Responsible for providing timely customer notification for all upcoming Layer 3 and RF network maintenances and outages due to Solar Sun Spots.
- Performed advanced trouble shooting of customers networks using HP Open View, What's Up Gold and IDirect Technologies, Solarwinds net management software, and Newpoint Compass Console.
- Performed Peak and Poll's for existing and new K Band and C band customer VSAT connections.
- Performed Extended Access List additions and deletions for Layer3 backbone connections.
- Monitored Layer3 Backbone and worked with domestic and international carriers to repair leased Line circuits.
- Routinely worked with remote teleport technicians to realign satellite dishes during inclimate weather or network outages.