Seeking a client-focused dynamic organization as a Systems Administrator to promote excellence and growth. Passionate and articulate Systems Administrator with demonstrable multitasking and people skillset. With extended exposure and expertise in managing human and material resources, with intimate knowledge of Data Protection technologies and Data storage Management in Solaris, Red Hat and Centos Linux.
SUMMARY OF SKILL SET:
OS: Oracle Solaris 10 and 11, Red Hat Enterprise and open source CentOS Linux 6, WINDOWS 2008, 2012 Server, Win 7, 8.1
Hardware: Sun SPARC Enterprise M4000. Sun SPARC Enterprise T5120, T5240, M5000, T3 and T4 servers , HP ProLiant servers DL380p, DL380E, DL560.
Languages: UNIX Shells ksh, bash .
Software: Symantec NetBackup 7.1, ZFS, NFS, VMware 5.1, Puppet.
Linux Systems Administrator
- Maintained and updated systems to improve security, Stability and manageability
- Implemented IP Tables and ACL on Red Hat Linux servers.
- Disk configuration Managing File Systems in RHEL 6 environment using LVM..
- Implemented procedures for monitoring, upgrading and troubleshooting of SAN network system.
- Provided technical assistance for configuration of zoning policies in SAN related system.
- Employed BASH shell Scripting to automate basic tasks.
- Experienced documenting system procedures using BASH scripting.
- Setup ZFS file system to protect user's data on disk against silent data corruption and to ensure data integrity
- Experience in Installing and configuring NFS servers on both the host and client servers
- Created and exported shared directories on NFS servers
- Day-to-day functional administration tasks, as well as application-specific technical support, such as troubleshooting problems with TCP/IP, HTTP
- Employed VMware virtual software to install configure and run Redhat, Solaris and Windows Operating System.
- Configured master servers on Puppets to automatically update the latest versions of applications.
- Configured and maintained user accounts using PUPPET automation tool.
- Employed puppet to enforce and deploy desired state of files automatically should they get altered voluntarily or involuntarily.
- Employed Symantec Netbackup for Disaster recovery solutions
- Performed Operating System upgrades
- Performed data management using native CentOS utilities for archiving and compression
- Installed and maintained Apache web server
- Learning Apache Tomcat 7
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies required for accomplishing project goals
- Experience in 24x7 environment with on-call responsibilities.
- Developed project proposals and work estimates in conjunction with the board of faculty.
- Preparing slides for classroom lectures and scoring students.
- Monitoring and documenting progress of students.
- Attending bi-weekly faculty meetings.