- Over 8 years of System and Network Administration, experience on various OS platforms including Red Hat ENT Linux3,4,5 and 6 versions, Solaris 8/9/10,IBM AIX 3.5, 4.3/5L,6.1 and Window2003/2008.
- Experience in installing Operating Systems using DVD and Network. Experience in Jumpstart/Kickstart installations for Red Hat Linux and Sun Solaris servers.
- Involved in installation, configuration and administration of RHEL 3.x/4.x/5.x and 6.x Servers.
- Involved in Design Implementations, Capacity Planning, and SLA Agreements for the ongoing projects.
- Involved in upgrading ILO Firmware, BIOS and troubleshooted hardware issues from ILO, ILOM, ALOM and XSCF.
- Worked as Data Center Manager and has expertise in Racking, Physically inserting RAM and replacing faulted Disks.
- Involved in migration and consolidation of Unix Servers in Development, Staging and Production Environments.
- Expertise in creating local LDAP users and resolving User Permissions. Updated Patches and Packages using Automation tools and Commands.
- Performed all the Maintenance and Auditing tasks during Maintenance window. Expert in following all the Enterprise Process and Procedures during Change Management, Maintenance windows, migrations and upgrades.
- Experienced in configuration maintaining Veritas Cluster server, Netback up, Veritas volume manager, Veritas file system and Sun Cluster.
- Good experience in Verities products such as Volume manager 6.0 and Verities Clustering VCS .
- Virtualization Products Solaris 10 Zones/ Containers / Vmware ESX Server 3.5/4.0/4.1 / Virtualization Client 2.5.
- Experienced in creating and maintaining users, profile, security rights, disk space and process monitoring.
- Experienced in file system administration, resolving system errors crashes and file system errors.
- Experienced in Implementing NIM for AIX System Installations and Upgrades.
- Possess hands on experience with the Vmware ESX Server, Vmware Virtual Center, Vmware HA, Vmware DRS, and Vmware Consolidated Backup VCB .
- Creating new file systems, mounting file systems and unmounting file systems.
- Involved in installing, configuring and administering HP ProLiant DL 580 G5, DL 380 G7 and HP Blade Servers BL 280c G6, BL 465c and IBM Enterprise X3850 X5, X3950 X5 and Blade Servers.
- Installation, Configuration and administration of IBM Web Sphere Application Server V8.0/8.5, Weblogic 5.1, 6.1, 7.0, 8.1, apache/tomcat, samba send mail, Web Sphere Application Servers on RHEL, Solaris, AIX along with DB2 UDB IBM HTTP server with SSL for secure communication providing technical support to users.
- Closely worked with application Admins for websphere, web logic, IIS installation and connection troubleshooting. Security Configuration, Network, System Monitoring on UNIX based Servers Basic hardening of the system and network security, attaining the goal of allowing only the valid users/ports into the system.
- Experience in Managing various Network related tasks such as TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, DHCP and SMTP.
- Configuring and Administering NIS, LDAP and FTP on Linux and Sun Solaris server environment.
- Experienced in writing Shell scripts using ksh, bash.
- Experience in Troubleshooting Hardware, Storage, Application Bottlenecks. System Recovery, Crash dump analysis and Performance Tuning.
- Have very good experience working with Change Management for scheduling changes on
- Production and UA servers using BMC Remedy Ticketing System.
- Experienced in different tools for monitoring the health checkups for machines like CMC and Nagios version 2.10.
- Managing user accounts, system security, change management, documenting and following Company Standards.
- Experienced in supporting 7x24 production computing environments on-call and weekend support.
Linux Red Hat 3.x, 4.x, 5.x and 6.x, Suse SLES 9/10 , Sun Solaris 10/9/8/7/2.x, IBM AIX 5.x, 6.1, HP-UX 11.xx, 11iv3, Windows NT4.0, Windows 98/2000/2003/XP/VISTA.
HP DL360, DL385, DL 580,BL 280c,BL 465c G7/G6/G5, Sun Fire Servers - E25k,E15k,12k, E280R, E480R, V240, 420R, V440, V480, V490, V880,V890 4800, E6900 and E2900. IBM - F-SERIES AND P-SERIES, IBM RS6000, Blade Servers.
Data Centre Servers - E250, E450, E3000 and E3500, M3000, M4000, M5000, M8000, T1000, T2000, T5120, T5220, T5440.
Tape Libraries - Sun StorEdge L20/L40/L60, L180,Storagetek's 9840,6540,STK 700,L-1400, SE-6920 A/B/C Fibrechannel, Arrays - Sun StorEdge 3130, A1000/D1000, EMC DMX 800 and 1000
VERITAS Netbackup 7.0/7.5, VERITAS Storage Foundation Suite, Sun Cluster 3.2/3.1, Solaris Volume Manager, Tivoli Storage Manager 5.x, send mail, POSTFIX. CMC Central Monitoring Console , Nagios.
Oracle 11g/10g/9/8, Sybase 11.5.1, POSTGRESSQL, MYSQL, MSACESS
TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, NIS, SSH, DHCP, Cisco Routers / Switches and LAN
Lotus Domino 5 / 6, Apache http 2.2/2.0, Apache Tomcat 5.5/6.x, Weblogic 8.0/9.0/9.1/9.2/10.3, WebSphere 5.0/6.0/6.1/7.0/7.1/8.0/8.5 , JBoss 5.0,4.0, IPlanet, IIS, ESX 2.5.1, 25.2, 3.0, 3.5, IBM Http Server 6.0.
Linux/ Unix Systems Administrator
- Implemented NPIV as well as VSCSI storage infrastructure and mapping storage directly to the VIO clients using the client WWPN's and mapping the storage with VSCSI also.
- Worked on pSeries p550, p570, p590, p595, p695, p770 and HP BLADE Servers etc.
- Migrating Physical Server to LPAR. Installing ITM and License Metric Tool on AIX LPAR. Configure the Kerberos/LDAP .
- Creating Disaster Recovery for FCB in SunGard Datacenter.
- Extensive experience in installing, configuring, implementation, and support on IBM AIX / Linux.
- Experience in Working on AIX LVM. Migrated AIX servers from 5.3 to 6.1
- IBM Power VM experience including setup and management of VIO Servers and partitions .
- Created Power system cloud with Storage and Network. Using LPM .
- Experience on AIX administration tasks on EMC , Hitachi and IBM disk subsystem.
- Very Good knowledge of Multipathing software. power path , MPIO and Veritas.
- Very Goodl Knowledge of Cluster System including Veritas , MC Service Guard and Power HA.
- Configured, Administered, Maintained 2 node Power HA mirror . Failover and Falback of HACMP Resource Group. Added more resources to the HACMP Resource Group Configuration.
- Configured shared, Concurrent Vgs, Resource Groups, Application servers on HACMP Cluster.
- Experience in upgrade system firmware, Ethernet and Fiber card firmware.
- Experience in applying patches to the AIX servers at various TL and Service pack Levels.
- Experience in NIM installation, setting up NIM servers. Defined Nim clients on Nim master server, and defined resources.
- Working on Redhat Linux , KVM, Puppet , Apache and tomcat, Jboss Servers.
- Support oracle and db2 database, websphere, jboss etc.
- Supporting Oracle RAC on Linux servers and working on Satellite server , Vmware and KVM.
- Performed BOS Installations from NIM server using Lppsource and Spot, and mksysb .
- Migrations, patch Installations from NIM server .taking mksysb's of the servers from NIM
- Storage migration from IBM to Hitachi .Upgrade HMC .
- Setup SEA, Agregation on network card.
- Built, Administered, Configured, Monitored and Maintained the NIM Servers.
- Working on Virtualization Technologies, VIO, VMware and KVM.
- Installed and configured Sudo for users to access the root privileges.
- Installed and upgraded different versions of ssh/ssl. Good knowledge of scripts including dsh.
- Installed and configure splunk agent on AIX and Linux.
- Installing Samba server on AIX servers with NTLMv2. Installing and configure NFS Server.
- Supporting the DB2 database, SAS Application and Websphere on AIX including MQ .
- Installing new IBM Frames , Setup VIOS and LPAR. Building Redhat Linux Environment in Vmware Environment.
- Using Satellite server to update and manage the patches , Technology Level for Red Hat linux, Suse Server and SUMA for AIX.
- Using Tivoli Monitoring and TSM for Backup .
Linux/ UNIX Systems Administrator
- Installation and administration of RHEL 4.0/5.0/6.0 and Cent OS 5.
- Installation, configuration, administration of Solaris9, 10 on SPARC based servers using Jumpstart, worked on T. M series servers.
- Configured kickstart server and updating/applying patches to the servers using Redhat Satellite server.
- Remote system administration using tools like SSH, Telnet, and Rlogin.
- Planning and implementing system upgrades including hardware, operating system and periodical patch upgrades.
- Applied appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
- Performed capacity analysis, monitored and controlled disk space usage on systems.
- Monitored system activities and fine tuned system parameters and configurations to optimize performance and ensure security of systems.
- Adding servers to domain and managing the groups and user in AD, installing and configuring sendmail.
- Creating profiles manifests for new servers, and pushing them to servers using puppet.
- Responsible for maintenance of development tools and utilities and to maintain shell, Perl automation scripts.
- Creating virtual machines using Xen and deploying OS, managing hardware.
- Creating, installing, Web logic Application servers, deploying WAR, JAR files on them installed on both Linux, Solaris servers.
- Worked with project manager and auditing teams to implement PCI, SOX compliance.
- Jumpstarting Solaris 9, 10 on Sun servers, configuring servers. Configured/Maintained Zones, LDOMs, ZFS file system Sun Solaris 10 Servers.
- Management and monitoring of various services using Service Management Facility and Service Administration.
- Installing, configuring VERITAS Netback up 6.5 on Linux, Solaris servers, and creating backup polices.
- Designing Firewall rules for new servers to enable communication with application, Oracle 10g servers.
- Working on Volume management, Disk Management, software RAID solutions using VERITAS Volume manager Solaris Volume Manager. File system Tuning and growing using VERITAS File System VxFS , coordinated with SAN Team for storage allocation and Disk Dynamic Multi path.
- Worked on resolving production issues and documenting Root Cause Analysis and updating the tickets using BMC Remedy.
- Fine tuning of Servers and configuring networks for optimum performance.
- Organized various meetings with teams as mentioned above for tracking their requirements as inputs to get this done and designed the plan/steps involved and took user approvals.
- Setting up network environments using TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, SNMP agents, DHCP and Proxy.
- Installation, maintenance and administration of Oracle and Db2 Server on Sun Servers.
- Set up user and group login ID's, printing parameters, network configuration, password, resolving permissions issues, user, and group quota.
- Creating and maintaining user accounts, profiles, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring.
- Created new groups and tested first in development, QA Boxes and then implemented the same in production Boxes.
Documented Apache Web Server Development, Staging Production environments, installed configured and managed, Administered, maintained Red Hat 3.0 and 4.1,4.2,4.3.
- Troubleshooting Hardware, Operating System Application Network problems and performance issues Deployed latest patches for Linux and Application servers, Performed Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning for TCP stack.
- Installation Red hat Linux 4.1 and 4.2 on Dell, Proliant, and Enterprise Server3.0/AS3.5.
- Installed and configured Sun V880, V490, V440, V240 servers Mirrored root disks on all the servers by using Sun Disk Suite.
- Providing 24 x 7 supports to various application level server level network level Monitoring and troubleshooting of any datacenter outages. Day to-day administration on Linux, which includes Installation, upgrade and loading patches.
- Veritas Netbackup installation, Catalogue backup and maintenance Backup/restore on ADIC Intelligent Storage Scalar i2000k - Library Management Console using server Windows NT/2000 Sun Solaris server and checking the job failures.
- Production support of Apache and JBoss including installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting.
- Formatted raw disks partitioned them using the format utility. Created file system using newfs and mounted it. Created devices special files using mknod. Installed, managed Solaris Volume Manager Configuring mirror/Breaking mirror/metadata bases Solstice Disk suite 4.2.1 .
- Installed, managed Verities Volume Manager 3.5 VxVM on Linux 4.0.Created Role Based Access Control RBAC for users. Veritas Netbackup installation and maintenance Backup/restore Disk/Volume management with Veritas Volume Manager on Sun SPARC Storage Arrays Multi-Packs. Written shell scripts for Batch Processing.
- Monitored server and application performance tuning via various stat commands vmstat, prstat, nfsstat, prtconf, prtdiag, iostat, hpimliview, dmidecode etc tuned I/O, memory etc.
- Installation of Web logic, upgraded to service pack updates, installed BEA patches, configuring and creation new domain services starting stopping. Installation of Oracle on Linux and Solaris, creating database, creating Oracle users etc.
- Used Veritas Netbackup tool for Backup and recovery.
- Responsible for DNS and Configured DNS Servers and Clients and troubleshooting system and DNS issues.
- Installed and configured new hard drives and memory. Package, Patches management, migration, integration distribution in development, testing, QA, Training, Production environment. Testing: UAT, SIT, OAT, Performance testing
- Used Admintool for adding and managing new users, groups, software and printers.
- Created disk groups, volumes, volume groups and RAIDs using Veritas Volume Manager.
- Involved in disk configuration and disk crash recovery using format and fdisk. Bad spots on disk were repaired using repair and analyze. Created new slices, mounted new file systems and unmounted filesystems.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of High Availability Veritas Cluster Servers for failover and redundancy purpose.
- Involved in preparation of functional and system specifications. Estimated Storage requirements for applications.
- Installed of all the required Software, patches, documentation, licensing trouble shooting.
- Setup various user profiles, environment variables/security to ensure smooth operation.
- Responsible for fax link and sendmail.
- Used smitty AIX tool for Printers, Applications, Processes, Services, Software License Management, Software Installation, Users and Security Management.
- Responsible for the support of the moderately complex data and also helps in the design and configuration of system landscape.
- Develop and maintain the documents, library and procedural documents of the system.
- Interact with the clients to talk about the problems and request regarding the complex system issues.
- Installation of Solaris 8, 9 based servers with Jumpstart and Redhat Linux AS 2.1 test and IBM-AIX production environments.
- Performed project coordination function for evaluation, installation, monitoring, and maintenance of server software on variety of hardware platforms.
- Integrated ZFS and Containers to delegated rights to control the ZFS file system.
- Configured Apache with OpenSSL self signed certificate ldap-auth for centralized secure authentication.
- Installed/ upgraded patches and security Kernel patches for all applications in installed infrastructure.
- Proactive maintenance on systems by timely upgrading Patches to the systems and applications, Scheduling of batch jobs and cron jobs.
- Upgraded over 35 servers with Veritas Volume Manager from 3.x to 4.0.
- Built new systems for Production and migrated from Solaris 8 to 9.
- Maintained Volumes and File systems using VxVM / VxFS for Oracle, DB2, Sybase databases.
- Used Veritas Cluster Server 4.1 to create high available environments for NFS, WebLogic and Sendmail agents.
- Server Virtualization using VMware for Redhat Linux.
- Performed systems monitoring, upgrades, performance tuning and backup and recovery.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of TCP/IP, FTP, SFTP and VPN on Sun Solaris.
- Implementation of naming services like DNS, DHCP, IIS with Bind 8.4.x and NIS.