- Twenty years of information systems experience architecting, supporting, and maintaining computer systems. Proven technical expertise in Windows operating systems.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft server products (Active Directory and supporting services; Exchange; SQL Server; Systems Management Server, etc.) and Citrix products (XenApp, XenServer, XenDesktop); Remote access solutions including Citrix Access Gateway and Netscaler; Citrix Password Manager, etc.).
- Experience with VMWare Virtual host environments, Network Appliance Network Attached Storage (NAS) management, networking concepts and issues, and scripting.
- Microsoft Windows Server Configuration and Management
- Citrix Provisioning Services
- Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy Management
- Citrix Edgesight Monitoring Configuration and Management
- DHCP, WINS, and DNS Management
- RSA SecureID
- Microsoft Operations Manager Configuration and Management
- Disaster Recovery Planning and Management
- Microsoft Exchange Server Configuration and Management
- Computer System Security
- Microsoft SQL Server Configuration
- Hardware and Software Troubleshooting
- Microsoft IIS Server Configuration and Management
- End User Support and Training
- Citrix XenApp Configuration and Management
- Anti - virus Systems update and support
- Citrix Web Interface, Access Gateway, and Netscaler Configuration/Management
- Remote Access Management
- Citrix Password Manager Configuration and Management
- Certificate Services Management
- Citrix XenDesktop
- Scripting languages: PowerShell, VBScript, Command line
Confidential, Springfield, Massachusetts
- Designed and implemented Citrix XenApp 6.5 farm. Built Test, Development, and Production environments from scratch. Developed Citrix and Microsoft policies appropriate to environment. Utilized Worker Groups for efficient use of server resources. Currently in progress of migrating applications and server hardware from old XenApp 5 farm to new XenApp 6.5 Farm. Documented design and build procedures. Created and delivered training to junior staff members.
- Participated on team for Desktop Virtualization project. Identified problems with Virtual Machine images deployed via Citrix Provisioning Services that could cause issues for end - users. Assisted with building and updating of Citrix XenServer XenDesktop, and Provisioning Services architecture.
- Used AppSense Environment Manager to improve user login experience in Citrix environments.
- Developed PowerShell scripts to automate tasks.
- Analyzed and audited Citrix environment. Recommended changes to environment to improve performance and stability, and bring environment into alignment with Citrix best practices.
- Recommended, tested and installed into production various Citrix and Microsoft hotfixes, etc.
- Managed day-to-day functions of Citrix XenApp 5 server farm containing 40 production, 17 test, and 24 “hot spare” disaster recovery servers. Performed maintenance tasks and troubleshooting as needed. Provided mentoring and guidance to junior team members to assist them with troubleshooting.
- Led the team investigating chronic, recurring server hangs on Citrix XenApp 5 servers. Worked with Microsoft and Citrix to determine cause and implement appropriate fixes. Evaluated slow login performance and took remedial action to correct issues causing performance issues.
- Utilized Citrix Edgesight 5.3 for troubleshooting and monitoring. Created alerts to indicate performance issues. Implemented archiving strategy for old Edgesight data. Updated to v 5.4 to support XenApp 6.5.
- Trained and mentored junior staff members; provided senior level support for issues.
- Participated in disaster recovery (DR) testing.
Confidential, Burlington, Vermont
Senior Systems Administrator
- Designed and implemented Citrix XenApp Farm environment starting with three servers running Citrix Metaframe XP, expanding to a 24 server XenApp 4.5 Farm for use by 6500+ clients. Utilized virtual machine technology to achieve best use of server resources. Created documentation for all processes and procedures. Trained junior team members and Help Desk staff.
- Led the team which implemented Citrix Remote Access solutions with Citrix Access Gateway and Citrix Web Interface, utilizing two-factor authentication with client certificates and RSA SecurID infrastructure. Updated infrastructure to Citrix Netscaler hardware for Remote Access. Implemented and maintained RSA ACE/Server SecurID two-factor authentication platform for remote access.
- Member of a team supporting 350+ Windows 2000 and 2003 servers. Created base-line installations, updated servers with service packs and patches, performed troubleshooting and repair tasks as required, participated in after-hours on-call rotation. Built new Windows 2003 servers as needed from scratch, either physical or virtual. Created documentation and trained Junior staff and Help Desk personnel.
- Designed and Maintained Windows Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP/WINS/DNS/DFS infrastructure
- Maintained and upgraded Hewlett Packard Systems Insight Manager (HPSIM) for server hardware monitoring. Implemented Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) for server monitoring and Citrix Edgesight for Citrix monitoring.
- Participated on team that researched and implemented VMWare virtual server technology. Configured VMs from scratch, and created and maintained template VMs. Assisted with installation and upgrades of VM hosts. Directly involved in using PtoV (Physical to Virtual) technology to convert physical servers to VMs.
- Baselined performance of servers in preparation for application deployment. Participated in Disaster Recovery planning and implementation.
Confidential, South Burlington, Vermont
Senior Systems Administrator
- Implemented and managed Windows NT 4.0 Terminal Server Edition and Citrix Metaframe 1.8 environment for critical application delivery.
- Managed Microsoft Exchange Server environment. Designed and implemented backup and disaster recovery strategies for Exchange Server. Re-engineered system to improve reliability and enhance performance. Maintained security for Exchange servers. Monitored and maintained Internet Mail connectivity.
- Project Manager for implementing connectivity to new corporate headquarters after acquisition.
- Managed Windows NT servers at five sites including user and share management, upgrades and troubleshooting systems to ensure 24x7x365 availability. Recommended and supervised the implementation of Windows NT 4.0 Server and Workstation.Developed standard computer configuration for all computers within the company. Provided computer support in a mixed environment of PC and Macintosh computers..
Confidential, Williston, Vermont
- Sold desktop publishing and print services to clients. Recommended, designed and implemented computer hardware, software, network, and telecom solutions to ensure compatibility with company’s systems.
- Managed and assigned incoming jobs to staff of eight as Manager of Desktop Publishing Department.
Confidentia, Barre, Vermont
- Designed and implemented computer and networking solutions for clients, providing pre-sale advice and post-sale training, support, and technical assistance to customers.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes