Sr. Cloud/devops Engineer Resume
- 6 years of IT experiencewith sound knowledge in Configuration Management tools like Ansible, Chef and Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), Build and Release, Linux, System Administration with cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, OpenStack, GCP.
- Hands on experience in utilizing AWS services like AWS code Deploy, Route53, EBS, S3, EC2, Cloud Formation, ECS, SNS, Lambda, SQS, CloudFront and Auto Scaling for deploying Java applications to the cloud.
- Worked on Splunk, ELK (Elastic, Logstash, and Kibana) for centralized logging and then store logs and metrics into an S3 bucket using Lambda function and Used AWS Lambda to manage the servers and run the code in the AWS.
- Extensively worked on different networking and transferring static and dynamic content using tools like the API gateway, CloudFront & Direct Connect. Hands - on using various Load balancing techniques across Network, Applications, and Classic for in-between various instances.
- Built and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket, Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Involved in designing and deploying a large application utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Beanstalk, SNS, SQS, IAM, ELB, VPC, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, Lambda, Cloud Formation) focusing on high availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Worked on setting up the Chef Workstation, Chef Repo as well as Chef Nodes from the scratch.
- Implemented Ansible roles and Ansible Playbooks for the server configuration and Deployment activities.
- Experience in designing AWS cloud models for Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IAAS), and Platform-as-a-Service (PAAS).
- Hands on experience in writing Terraform API modules to manage infrastructure, for automatic creation of RDS instances, VPCs, Auto scaling groups, Load balancers, SQS, S3 buckets.
- Experience in Infrastructure on AWS using IAM, API Gateway, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS), AWS Kinesis, Lambda, NACL, Elastic Beanstalk, Redshift, and Cloud Formation.
- Experience in Google Kubernetes Engine GKE, Google App Services for deploying micro services in different environment.
- Experience in Building and deploying the application code using CLI of Kubernetes called Kubectl, Kubelet, Kubeadm, and Kubespray and Schedule the jobs using KubeScheduler. Managed K8s charts using Helm and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications.
- Expertise with Docker images using a Docker file, worked on container snapshots, removing images, and managing Docker volumes. Orchestration of Dockerimages and Containers using Kubernetes by creating master and node.
- Created a CI/CD for building and deploying Java and .net applications in a Micro services Architecture Environment using Jenkins. Used Jenkins with SonarQube to get the better quality of the Source code.
- Experience in working with Jenkins CI tool with build automation tools like ANT, Maven, and Gradle & for the building of deployable artifacts (JAR, WAR&EAR, and EXE) from source code.
- Experience in working with the ELK (Elastic Search, Logstash, and Kibana) stack & Splunk to analyze & visualize large volumes of log data obtained from servers.
- Strong experience in installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of RedHatLinux, SUSELinux, Ubuntu, Cent OS, Windows Servers and customizing the Kickstart and Jumpstart scripts to automate the installation of various servers used for various internal projects.
- Strong Hands-on experience in development, testing, and production environment using SQL, PL/SQL procedure, python, Ruby, Power Shell and shell scripts and managed to host the server like Tomcat.
- Expertise in scripting for automation, & monitoring using Shell, Bash, PowerShell, Java, Python, YAML, Ruby & Perl scripts.
- Experience in installing, configuring, supporting, and troubleshooting Unix/Linux Networking services and protocols like TCP, SMTP, HTTP, LDAP, DNS, NFS, DHCP, NAS, FTP, SSH, and SAMBA.
- Experience in creating shared Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) with different tags in a single GCP project and using the same in all the projects and Knowledge on GKE service deployments in GCP.
- Focus on cloud-native solutions such as Kubernetes, Istio.
- Good knowledge in using Elastic search, Cloud Watch, Nagios, Splunk, Prometheus and Grafana for logging and monitoring.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and teamwork environments.
Cloud: AWS, OpenStack, Azure, GCP.
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
CI/CD tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Build Tools: Ant, Bamboo, Gradle
Container Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos
Version Control Tools: GIT, TFS, BitBucket
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, New Relic, Prometheus, Grafana & Graylog, ELK
Databases: My SQL, NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB), Cassandra
IAAC: Terraform, Cloud Formation, ARM Templates
Application Servers: Web Logic Application Server 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, Red Hat JBOSS 4.22.GA, WebSphere 7.x/8.x
Networking/Protocol: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP
Operating Systems: Linux (RedHat, CENTOS), Unix, Ubuntu 13/14 Windows 8, 10 MacOS.
Virtualization Tech: VMware ESXi, Windows Hyper-V, Power VM, VirtualBox, KVM
Scripting: Perl, Python, YAML, Ruby, Bash, Shell, PowerShell, JSON
Confidential | Chicago, IL
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Worked on installation of Docker using Docker toolbox. Createdcustom Docker container images,taggingandpushingtheimages.
- Setup Continuous integration with Jenkins and make use of wide range of plugins available to setup smooth developer friendly workflows.
- Experience in creating variousCloud Watchalarms to view the job run that took place in AWS batch for different applications across the teams.
- Setup Docker Orchestration platform Kubernetes for the deployment of Docker containers on AWS Cloud.
- Experience in application and architecture teams to conduct proof of concept (PoC) and implement the design in production environment in AWS
- Experience in AWS Scripting and Operations EC2, Confidential, S3, Glacier, VPC and Route53.
- Developed scripts for build, deployment, maintenance, and related tasks using Jenkins, Docker, Python, and Bash.
- Automating environment build and provisioning using virtualization, containerization, and orchestration tools with VM Ware, Docker, Kubernetes, and Jenkins.
- Expertise in automating builds and deployment process using Python and Shell scripts with focus on CI/CD, AWS Cloud Architecture.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in implementing PaaS, IaaS, SaaS style delivery models inside the Enterprise (Date Center), and Public Clouds using AWS and Kubernetes.
- Experienced in Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Setup and Implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI & CD) Process stack using AWS, GITHUB/GIT, and Jenkins.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Performed regular builds and deployment of the packages for testing in different Environments (DEV, QA, CERT, UAT and PROD).
- Experience migrating & deploying application of containers and managing applications with container management platforms (ECS, Kubernetes, and Docker Swarm).
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP
- Perform smoke tests to ensure the integrity of code deployment.
- Helped individual teams to set up their repositories in GIT, maintain their code, and help them setting up jobs, which can make use of CI/CD environment.
Environment: Aws, Kubernetes, Docker, RedHat Linux 7.x, DEV, QA, CERT, UAT, PROD, CentOS 5.x, 6.x, 7, Azure, Elasticsearch, Logstash& Kibana (ELK), Ansible, Jenkins, GitHub, Ruby, Shell, TFS, JIRA, Python, Oracle, WebLogic Server 11g, Apache Tomcat, Apache Mesos, Virtualization, Apache HTTP server, VMWare, Cloud Watch.
Confidential | Minneapolis, MN
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Configured Azure Virtual Networks, subnets, DHCP address blocks, Azure network settings, DNS settings, security policies and routing. Also, deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure Virtual Networks and subnet.
- Created Azure Automation Assets, Graphical runbooks, PowerShell runbooks that will automate specific tasks, deployed Azure AD Connect, configuring ADFS authentication flow, ADFS installation using Azure AD Connect.
- Configured GKE cluster orchestration with microservices application deployment in several nodes and pods, autoscaling, logging and monitoring. Google app service for the Java and python based microservice application deployment and updates.
- Providing day to day developer support to Azure customers by resolving escalated, complex technical customer issues on the Azure PaaS Services and delivering Azure Technical Support against CPE and workflow efficiency/SLA targets
- Performed Trail Runs for programs and software Applications, web applications in the Azure portal with the Chaos-monkey Tool to produce the desired information, which the instructions are correct.
- Deployed Windows and Linux based Docker containers with popular container orchestrators like Kubernetes and DCOS provisioned by the Azure Container Service and integration of container registries, specifically Docker Hub and the Azure Container Registry into DevOps workflows.
- Created pods and services using Master and Minion architecture of Kubernetes and developed microservices build by integrating Jenkins with Docker container using Cloudbees, Docker pipeline plugin, leveraging Python allowing for creation and maintenance build jobs and used Kubernetes to deploy services.
- Worked on Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Configuring Maps, selector services and deployed application containers as Pods. In order to provide secured network connectivity to the containers we used Calico. Responsible for build and deployment automation using Docker, Kubernetes containers.
- Provisioning servers/instances using infrastructure as code such as Terraform and CloudFormation. Code is stored in a private repository and constantly updated.
- L3 troubleshooting of middleware applications to make them up and running.
- CreatedKubernetes cluster with objects like Pods, Deployments, Services and Config Maps and created reproducible builds of theKubernetes applications, managedKubernetes manifest files and Helm packages and implementedKubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace versions.
- Experienced in tuning of ERP jobs, time/CPU consuming SQL Queries.
- Developed Ansible playbooks, inventories and custom playbooks in YAML, and encrypted the data using Ansible Vault and maintained role-based access control by using Ansible Tower and Implemented IT orchestration using Ansible to run tasks in a sequence, which can work on different servers.
- Managed to Set up Jenkins server and build jobs to provide Continuous Automated builds based on polling the Git source control system during the day and periodically scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins, Git.
- Implemented Python Scripts using stranded libraries for getting all the agent logs (Inventory, Remote connections, and Network usage and performance counters) from the flavors of LINUX.
- Worked on testing, evaluation & troubleshooting of MongoDB & Cassandra NOSQL database systems & cluster configurations to ensure high availability in various crash scenarios.
- Worked on Nagios and ELK for server monitoring, also used Net Scalar and monitoring tools like Nagios for Load Balancing and Controlling Flow of Traffic.
- Experience in JIRA for ticketing and as well as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for JIRA bug/issue tracker, integrated Jenkins with JIRA, GitHub, Maven.
- Build Data Sync job on Windows Azureto synchronize data from SQL 2012 databases to SQLAzure as well as in installation, configuration & administration of Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 Servers and Microsoft Visual Studio, used GIT HUB or source control, data collection, reporting, and project tracking.
Environment: RedHat Linux 7.x, CentOS 5.x, 6.x, 7, AWS, Azure, Elasticsearch, Logstash& Kibana (ELK), Ansible, Jenkins, Ruby, Shell, TFS, JIRA, Python, Oracle, WebLogic Server 11g, Apache Tomcat, Apache Mesos, Docker, Kubernetes, Virtualization, Apache HTTP server, Nginx, Nexus, Java, .Net, LDAP, JDK1.7,GitHub/Bit bucket.
Confidential | St. Louis, MO
- Created and Managed AWS environment with HA and used the features EC2, VPC, IAM, ELB, EBS, SNS, cloud watch, S3, creating AMIs and snapshots, RDS, creating security groups, Subnets and Storage Gateway.
- Migrated an On-premise VMware DC to AWS using Lift and shift methods.
- Worked as a DevOps Engineer for a team that mainly worked closely with many proprietary tools and Open source tools like Jenkins, Gerrit, AWS, JIRA, etc. Used for development and deployment of internal tools and programs.
- Monitored and maintained the AWS S3 buckets, which contained all the packets of each build. Each packet had metadata files, which were extracted to proceed with the flash testing.
- Configured and maintained the AWS Lambda function to trigger when there is a Jenkins build kicked off, which internally gets stored on AWS S3 bucket for everybody to access. Created Route53 to route traffic between different regions. Worked with Security groups & Network ACLs.
- Managed data warehouse using Amazon Redshift to analyze all data using SQL& existing business intelligence tools. Converted existing AWS infrastructure to serverless architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via Terraform& AWS Cloud formation.
- Builds, migrations and integrations of Kubernetes, Jenkins, spinnaker, Istio.
- To trigger changes made in AWS Dynamo DB integrated it with Lambda, created Cron jobs for initiating our daily batch data pulls, executing our continuous integration tests done under Jenkins& backup the Dynamo DB streams.
- Designed AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications. Used Cloud Front to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers.
- Hands-on experience on implementingCloud Solutionsusing various AWS Services includingEC2, VPC, S3, Glacier, EFS, AWS Kinesis, Lambda, Directory Services, CloudFormation, Ops works, Code Pipeline, Code Build, Code Deploy, Elastic Beanstalk,RDS, Data Pipeline, DynamoDB, Redshift.
- Worked with Scheduling, deploying, and managing Container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes and worked with building Kubernetes run time environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy in our open source platform.
- Worked on setting up Jenkins as a service inside the Kubernetes cluster to reduce the failover downtime to minutes and to automate the Docker containers deployment without using configuration management tool.
- Written Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual process. Setup and maintained automated environment using ChefRecipes within AWS environment. Good understanding of Knife,ChefBootstrap process etc.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment to build an internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified the same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Installed and used Chef Server enterprise on premise, workstation and bootstrapped the nodes using Knife command. Created various Roles& Environments& used Chef Handlers for auto kick-off requirement jobs.
- Involved in Setting up Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) Created AWS Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for instance RDP/SSH logon, worked with teams to lock down security groups.
- Used Kibana and Elastic search to identify the Kafka message failure scenarios and Implemented reprocessing of failure messages in Kafka using offset id.
- Designed an ELK (Elastic Logstash Kibana) system to monitor and search enterprise alerts and configured ELK stack in conjunction with AWS and using Logstash to output data to AWS S3. Terminated SSL on to Nginx to remove overhead on API servers.
- Developed AWS Lambda functions in Python to automate AWS Cloud Watch Scheduled Events between services like AWS SNS and AWS SES to deliver notifications regarding AWS EC2 instances to the team.
- Implemented JIRA to track all issues pertaining to the software development lifecycle &integrated JIRA with repositories of GIT to track all code changes.
- Developed PowerShell scripts to automate the project creation, setting permissions for users, groups in TFS. Developed automation scripting in Python using Chef to deploy & manage Java .Net applications across Linux/Windows servers.
- Worked with Red HatLinuxkernel, memory upgrades, and swaps area. Installed RedHatLinuxusing Kick-start & Sun Solaris with JumpStart. Configured DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS in Sun Solaris 8, 9& other Network Services.
Environment: Amazon Web Servers (AWS), OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven/ANT,GIT, Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK), Java, .Net, JIRA, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, MongoDB, Linux/RHEL, Vagrant, Active Directory, LDAP, VMWare Servers, Windows, PowerShell, Ruby, YAML, Kafka, Shell, Bash, Python, terraform.
AWS Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Configured and managed various AWS services including EC2, RDS, VPC, S3, Glacier, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, ELB, SNS, SQS, SWF and Route 53.
- Created S3 buckets, defined lifecycle policies, configured object versioning and GIT Event Notification for S3 bucket.
- Designed AWS cloud formation templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of web applications and database templates.
- Implemented cloud services AWS and implemented Bash, Perl, Python Scripting.
- Designed and Developed AWS Cloud infrastructure utilizing Ansible with AWS CloudFormation and Jenkins for Continuous Integration with high availability and secure multi-zones and automated end-to-end transit hub connectivity resource deployment in AWS via Terraform.
- Created and maintained various DevOps related tools for the team such as provisioning scripts, deployment tools and staged virtual environments using Docker.
- Experienced with deployment automation of all the microservices to pull the image from the private Docker Registry and deploy to Docker Swarm Cluster using Ansible.
- Extensively worked on using Chef Attributes, Chef Templates, Chef Recipes, and Chef Files for managing and configurations across various nodes.
- Managed Chef Server in pushing the infrastructure change to client nodes, monitoring the logs and security.
- Created CI/CD pipeline and configured all the build credentials and users in Jenkins.
- Managed the Maven repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects
- Performed WebLogic Server administration tasks such as installing, configuring, monitoring and performance tuning on Linux environment.
- Installed and configured the Apache Tomcat Application servers for Dev and Integration test environments. Automated the process of deployment to Apache Tomcat Application servers by deploying Perl Scripts and Python Scripts.
- Configured and administered JMS Server, Connection Factory, Topic/Queue, File Store, and Database Store and Distributed Destinations, JNDI, JDBC Connection Pools, Multi Pools and Data Sources on Web Logic Server.
- Installed, configured, and maintained Tomcat Application Server 7.x/6.x/5.x on RedHat Linux, AIX 6.1/5.3, and Windows 2008.
- Gained enough knowledge on Splunk architecture & various components (indexer, forwarder, search head, deployment server), Heavy & Universal forwarder, License model.
- Configured JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations, and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Configured Linux servers for clusters of Oracle Real Application and configured SAN-based mount points as well.
Environment: AWS, Ansible, Jenkins, Hudson, Git, Nagios, Splunk, JIRA, PowerShell, Java.Net, Bash Scripting, Python, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson, Ant, YAML, Nagios, Shell, Perl, JBoss Application Servers, Windows, WebSphere Application Server, Python, Splunk, Linux, Solaris.
Build & Release Engineer
- Involved in DevOps migration and automation processes for build and deploy systems. Used Jenkins and implemented CI/CD pipeline using plugins like conditional build step, deploy to Git.
- Created Jenkinsjobs and distributing load on Jenkins server by configuring Jenkins nodes, which will enable parallel builds.
- Performed automation of CI/CD pipeline in private cloud using Jenkins shared libraries and multibranch pipeline and automated the static code analysis through SonarQube in Jenkins pipeline for checking code quality.
- Used Puppet enterprise to manage application configurations in large VMware environments as well as new SOA environment.
- Experience in writing Puppet manifests and modules to automate the deployment process and to integratingPuppet manifests into Jenkins/Hudson jobs for a continuous Delivery (CD) framework.
- Implemented CI/CD web hooks & workflows around Jenkins to automate the dev test deploy workflow around Puppet codebase. Installed and Managed Jenkins and Nexus for CI and Sharing Artifacts respectively within the company.
- Used GIT version control to manage the source code and integrating with Jenkins to support build automation and integrated with JIRA to monitor the commits.
- Used ANT as a build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Worked on Python to pull a report from access report from Git through Rest API and configured through Jenkins.
- Implemented Maven as build tool on Javaprojects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Created and maintained the Power Shell scripts and Perl scripts deployment scripts for Tomcat application servers.
- Assisted on monitoring servers and responding to event notifications (Service outages, Load Alerts etc.) using Nagios.
- Built, Configured and Maintained Apache web server, kickstart, NFS, Samba and DNS servers on Red Hat and Centos.
- Kickstart both Virtual Server and bare metal from CPAN, obtaining the specs files convert them to rpm format for installation on both RHEL and CentOS Servers.
- Integrated ant with Shell scripts created in Bash to automate the deployments for the Java-based applications.
Environment: RedHat Enterprise Linux, Bamboo, Subversion, Perforce, Nagios, ANT, Python, Puppet, CentOS, Ubuntu, Kickstart, VMware, Nagios, TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, SNMP, and DHCP.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes