Aws/ Devops Engineer Resume
- AWS Certified Cloud Consultant with 8+ years of professional experience in DevOps, Java and Cloud services like EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, ELB, Auto - scaling groups, Elastic Search, VPC, and IAM. Software Configuration and Build Management, process development and tools support including code compilation, packaging,and deployment/release methodology. Supporting and maintaining applications under AWS/Unix/Linux /Windows platform
- Building High Availability and Fault Tolerance Application using various AWS tools.
- Creating an IP address range, Creation of subnets, and configuration of route tables and network gateways.
- Create private-facing subnet with no internet access for backend Systems
- Launch and Configure Multiple Instances on EC2, and also in VPC
- Experience in creation of cloud formation templates, bootstrapping with Chef.
- Strong Experience in Amazon EC2 setting up instances, VPCs, and security groups.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Puppet, chef configuration management.
- Performed configuration, deployment and support of cloud services including Amazon Web Services (AWS), working on EMR.
- Worked extensively on IAAS, PAAS,and SAAS.
- Very good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle like Waterfall methodology and agile methodology and Scrum.
- Experience in Implementing Organization DevOps strategy in a variable environment of Linux and Windows servers along with adopting cloud strategies based on Amazon Web Services.
- Hands on Experience in various AWS Services such as Redshift Cluster, Route 53 Domain configuration.
- Extensive experience on DevOps essential skills like continuous integration, continuous deployment, continuous delivery, supporting Build Pipelines Release management, configuration management (Infrastructure as a code) and cloud computing.
- Expertise in using various Puppet features including Resource management (Package, Service, and File), User Management, Modules, Class, Definition, Templates, Factor and external commands.
- Solid experience on Ansible, for configuring and managing computers, combining multi-node software deployment, ad hoc task execution, and configuration management.
- Experience in managing AWS VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) environment with around 2000+ Linux and Ubuntu instances.
- Defined AWS security groups which acted as virtual firewalls to control the incoming traffic onto one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Experience on Airflow and related tools to get to the client requirements.
- Good hands on IAM (AWS permissions, Roles, Profiles, Policies, MFA authentication, User permissions, Groups based, AWS key & Secret Key)
- In-depth knowledge of S3 (Buckets & objects, Pre-signed URL, Permissions, Distributions, Relation between Cloud front, S3 & glacier) also knowledge of creating a website in S3 using static web hosting. Expert in storage class concept and its usage.
- Experience in snowflake integration of software requirement.
- Experience in real-time monitoring and alerting of applications deployed in AWS using Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail and Simple Notification Service.
- Experience in administering and configuring Nexus Repository Manager for Maven builds.
- Integrating Jenkins with Testing Frameworks like SOAP, Cucumber.
- Experience with monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk, Graphite, New Relic and Zabbix.
- Route 53 knowledge including Hosted zone and routing policy.
- Utilized Cloud Watch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS services, EBS volumes, to set alarms for notification or automated actions and to monitor logs for a better understanding and operation of the system.
- Strong experience with version control tools like Git, SVN,andGerrit for code review.
- Extensively worked with Change tracking tools like BMC Remedy, JIRA and used these tracking, reporting and managing bugs.
- Good knowledge of Workspaces, Glacier, Cloud Trail, AWS Config Network Concepts (Active directory, Computer name, Network commands).
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) users and groups for improved login authentication.
Cloud Technologies: Open Stack, AWS (VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, RDS, SNS, config, SQS, Glacier, IAM, VPC, Cloud Formation,andRedshift) Microsoft Azure, Spinnaker, Rack space, pivotal cloud Foundry (PCF).
Operating Systems: UNIX, red hat Linux (Rachel), Ubuntu, Windows 98/NT/XP/Vista/7/8SCM Tool: Subversion, GIT, Bit Bucket, TFS
Languages: Shell Script, ANT Script, Batch Script, Ruby, Perl, C, C++, Objective C, Python, Java, J2EE
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Art factory
CI tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Anthill Pro, Bamboo, U Deploy, X Deploy, Semaphore.
Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos.
Config Management Tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker
Bug tracker & Testing: JIRA, Bugzilla, Junit, Test Flight and Test Rail
Repositories: Nexus, Artifactory
Web Service Tools: JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, IntelliJ IDEA, Confidential Web logic, IBM Web sphere, IIS Server,Nginx VMware
Networking: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, CiscoRouters/Switches, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP.
Databases SQL Server: Confidential, DB2, Teradata
Monitoring and profiling tools: Spelunk, DynatraceJProfiler, kibana, Log stash.
AWS/ DevOps Engineer
- Hands-on involvement in Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and great information on AWS administrations like EC2, Elastic Load-balancers, Elastic, S3, Cloud Front, Elastic File system, RDS, Dynamo DB, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, IAM, Elastic Search.
- Maintained the user accounts IAM Roles, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Designing and Implementing AWS cloud-based solutions for on-premise applications.
- Responsible for automating the complete project using orchestrator and deploying the stacks in multiple environments.
- Migrated and automated cloud deployments using API's,tensile, python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Experience in using IAM to create and manage AWS users and groups, and use permissions to allow and deny their access to AWS resources.
- Regular review and monitor each of your IAM policies to improve the security of your AWS account.
- Responsible for moving data between different AWS compute and storage services by using AWS Data Pipeline.
- Installed, Configured and Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Tracing.
- Extensively used Docker for virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely to fasten Build/Release Engineering.
- Set up the Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Run Ansible Scripts to Provide Dev Servers.
- Performed installation, configuration, up gradation, patching on RHEL 6.x, 5.x and Windows 2008 and Windows 2012 in EC2 instances.
- Planning and implementing VPCs with multiple availability zones and multiple subnets to meet the dynamic IP requirements.
- Designed highly available, cost-effective and fault-tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Ansible, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, Route 53, SNS, Cloud front, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, SQS, Auto-scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances using API's.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, Web logic, PostgreSQL databases, MongoDB and Elastic search in both development and production.
- Made extensive use of Chef, Jenkins, Godthab,and Ansible to manage tobuild/deploy tasks, including Continues Integration.
- Configured Jenkins to create Docker image for build and performed tests on a Docker container.
- Expertise in Docker using swarm framework.
- Worked on Docker engine and Docker Machine environments, to deploy the micro services-oriented environments for scalable applications, Docker swarm to host cluster and container scheduling, Docker composes to define multiple container applications.
- Worked on Aws ELB group with multiple EC2 instances in it and used both S3 bucket EBS backed instances for volume.
- Experience in configuring Connection pool Data Source creation, Java Message Service, and JNDI in Web Logicserver.
- Integrated Cloud front with S3 storage for content delivery (CDN).
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server using Jenkins.
- Automated the contiguous process writing code using the shell, python scripting languages
- Developed a system to monitor agile teams and performed log analysis on ELK stack.
- Handled installation, administration,and configuration of ELK stack on AWS and performed Log Analysis.
Environment: Jenkins, Cloud formation, Confluence, Cloud watch, Ansible, Docker, RDS, Apache Tomcat, Maven, Web logic, Nexus, EC2, Git, SNS, Data Dog, Ansible, shell/Perl, Amazon VPC, Jason, PostgreSQL, Bash, bitbucket, Python, Pommel, Linux, Windows.
AWS/ DevOps Engineer
- Provisioning infrastructure on AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based automation through Terraform, Python Boot and Bash Scripts.
- Adopted new features as they were released by Amazon, including ELB & EBS.
- Created automation and deployment templates for relational and non-relational databases including MS-SQL, MySQL, Cassandra and Mongo DB for different micro-services.
- Created AWS cloud formation templates to create custom-sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB's, security groups.
- Acquaintance with tagging standards for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS Services like Cloud Front, cloud watch, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS,Redshift, S3, Route53, SNS, SQS, Cloud Trail.
- Managing a team of DevOps engineer for infrastructure support on AWS cloud. Creating Cloud Formation scripts for hosting software on AWS cloud. Automating the installation of software through Power Shell scripts.
- Expertise in Azure infrastructure management (Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Office365).
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IA as - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, and Autoscaling.
- Converted existing Terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize cloud formation during Terraform deployments to enable more control or missing capabilities.
- Proficient in using Docker in swam mode and Kubernetes for container orchestration, by writing Docker files and setting up the automated build on Docker HUB.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP.
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault-tolerant AWS infrastructure and micro service container orchestration.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins, GitHub and AWS amis. Whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins server automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it, the Docker container leverages Linux containers from the AMI baked in.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on a build for internal Data Centre Servers. Also, re-used and modified the same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 Instances.
- Hands on experience with Chef and OpsWorks in AWS cloud environment and implemented Chef-Kitchen on AWS and Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
- Deployed and configured Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full-text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch. Established a DevOps culture based on Docker and Kubernetes tools.
- Automated applications and MySQL container deployment in Docker using Python and monitor them using Nagios.
- Expertise in Working on Data Encryption (Client-Side and Server-Side) and securing data at rest and in transit for data in S3, EBS, RDS, EMR, Red Shift using Key Management Service (KMS).
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Design and implementation of VRealise suite and SAN/NAS implementation and management.
- Implementing Vrealized to proactively detect and remediate issues and ensure performance and availability, from applications through the entire infrastructure stack and across multi-cloud environments.
Environment: RDS, Apache Tomcat, Maven, Nexus, EC2, Git, SNS, SQS, shell/Perl, Amazon VPC, Jason, PostgreSQL, Bash, bitbucket, Python, Pommel, Linux, Windows.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
AWS/ DevOps Engineer
- Implementing new projects builds a framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, CHEF, and Maven in a Linux environment.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate the deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef-client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Converting production support scripts to chef recipes.
- Testing of cookbooks with chef-spec.
- Setting up a client-server model of Chef in the development environment of OCI.
- Worked on documentation - Chef basics, Initial setup of Chef, Data bags implementation, Coding standards, Cookbook document, Testing docs
- AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Using Cloud Trail, TESSA, Cloud Passage, Checkmarks, Quays Scan tools for AWS security and scanning.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Integration of Maven, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploys with Patterns/Release, Git, and Cloud Foundry.
- Installed the Ear, War files using XL deploy & XL release and Integrated Jenkins with XL deploy & XL release.
- Provided on-going support and administration for SVN, Clear Case, Clear Quest,and ANT build automation and Involved in the migration of code from SVN to GIT.
- Developed vRA deployment blueprints, designed and developed VMWare Orchestrator custom Workflows with the focus on VRA extensibility and REST API third-party integration to other systems of record and demand for services.
- Performance tuning, Monitoring, Capacity planning and Alerting system implementation with VMWare vRealize Operations Manager and its integration with VMWare vRealize, Automation Center, vRealize Log Insight, Splunk, IBM Tivoli.
- Assisted in troubleshooting and mitigating problems in VRA/CRO/crops production deployments.
- Worked remotely with an international team of engineers.
- Performed regular software release build and deployment based on defined process and procedure, including J2EE, UNIX Scripts, Confidential PL/SQL build and deployment.
- Managed a cloud platform base on the Lambda architecture including Kafka, Spark, and Cassandra.
- Involved in scrum ceremonies (stand-up, grooming, planning, demo/review,and retrospective) with the teams to ensure successful project forecasting and realistic commitments.
- Involved in scrum meetings, product backlog,and other scrum activities and artifacts in collaboration with the team.
- Experience with SSRS (tabular reports, parameterized reports, drilldown, drill through, subreports, charts etc.)
- Experience in transforming unstructured data from various data sources using SSIS like Conditional Split, Lookup, Merge Join and Sort.
- Migrating the data to respective DEV and QA Confidential database before doing code roll-out.
- Utilized SQL Developer and Toad for PL/SQL, database updates, and row/column data track during testing.
- Created Security Groups, configuring Inbound/Outbound rules, creating and importing Key Pairs.
- Used Elastic Load balancers and Auto-scaling groups to handle the traffic at peak times.
- Generated Perl &UNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Used tracking tool JIRA and triaged the issues and maintained bugs using JIRA tool.
- Manage the integration of new software projects and products into the built environment.
- Work with product development to resolve build-related issues in all projects.
- Strictly enforced ITIL process while pushing builds and deployments to prod and pre-prod environments.
- Used to write an install script in Ruby using all the extra helper functions from Chef.
- Configured the user's accounts for Continuous Integration - Jenkins, Nexus and Sonar.
- Gathered all the stakeholder approvals, necessary signoffs while acting as a release manager for two development teams.
Environment: Java 8, Agile Methodology, Structs, Spring IOC, Spring MVC, Drools, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Batch, Spring Security, HTML5, IBM MQ 7.0, 7.1 and 7.5, MB 6.1, 7.0, and 8.0, CSS3, Node.js, Bootstrap, AngularJS, JSTL, jQuery, AJAX, AWS EC2, S3, Micro Services, Hibernate.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Analyze the existing on-premise architecture and come up with cloud architecture and list all services needed to migrate the current architecture including price estimation of resources on AWS.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS.
- Extensively used Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks comprising all resources Data bags, templates, attributes.
- Implemented packer based scripts for continuous integration with the Jenkins server and deployed packer based scripts on to the Amazon ec2 instances.
- Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus.
- Redesigned and redeployed the Nagios implementation so that nodes automatically added/removed themselves via Chef.
- Wrote Python scripts to build custom utilities, data visualization for web apps and manage files and networks.
- Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS Set up Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling the GIT during the day and periodic scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins, JUnit, Selenium and Maven.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as on-premise. Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes, cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server.
- Setup and maintain automated environment using Chef Recipes and a good understanding ofKnife, Chef Bootstrap process etc.
- Worked on the transition project that involved migration activities to Maven from Ant to standardize the build across all the applications. Used Power Shell for automating windows build and deploy.
- Deployed Jenkins for CI/CD, creating jobs with DSL plugin and automate the jobs using polling techniques.
- Extensively Worked on Hudson and Jenkins for Continuous integration and for End to End automation for all Build and Deployments.
- Integrated Jenkins with various DevOps tools such as Nexus, Sonar Qube, and Puppet etc.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Development/Test/Production Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Automated Weekly releases with ANT/Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Written Chef Cookbooks in Ruby for deploying, configuring and managing collected for metric collection.
- Automated Nagios services for the database server, web-server, application-server, networks, file sizes, RAM utilization, Disk performances using Python script in Chef.
Environment: Chef, Git, Subversion, Apache Tomcat, Bamboo, Splunk, Jenkins, Maven, Art factory, Jira, CentOS, Yum, Python, Shell Scripts.
Build & Release Engineer
- Involved in identifying build errors in the system and identify the build issue and escalate it to the concerned team after careful analysis. Work and coordinate with them to get the fix in the release.
- Worked on Continuous Integration System i.e. Jenkins. Used Jenkins for official nightly build, test and managing change list. Installed Multiple Plugins for smooth build and release build pipelines.
- Proficient with Jenkins and Bamboo for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for application build and deployments.
- Developed the build CI/CD pipeline script using different programming languages like Groovy, Shell,and Python and secure them with Apache Kafka, Apache Nifi and Agile methodologies.
- Implemented VPC peering connection to access the entire CIDR block of the peer VPC without any restriction.
- Implemented AWS client API to interact with different services as Console configuration for AWS EC2.
- Used AWS Lambda to manage the servers and run the code in the AWS.
- Installed, configured and managed Puppet Master and Agent.
- Experience in writing Puppet manifests to automate the configuration of a broad range of services.
- Involved in Setup and Configuration of Puppet Configuration Management.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppetmaster, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Designed, created and maintained a complete build-release environment for C, C++ compilers.
- Involved in migrating from SVN to GIT. Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in's come from the developer.
- Created multiple Make, ANT, MAVEN, Shell scripts for build automation and deployment.
- Wrote batch scripts for compiling csproj files and creating Solution files and WSP files for deploying ASP.NET and Share point application.
- Maintained build management by modifying Nant and MS Build for all.Net applications to include new components and changes.
- Deployed .NET applications on IIS 7.5 and IIS 8.0 server.
- Deployed Asp.net (MVC) and Java applications to application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Manage 30+ Salesforce Organizations.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Extensive experience in using Version control systems includes Subversion (SVN), GIT, and Clear Case.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and Apache MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Expertise in troubleshooting techniques of JVM using Thread, heap dumps and analysis using EclipseMAT.
- Build and maintain SQL scripts and execute different scripts for different environments.
- Responsible for Change Management activities, to include new business planning, leading regular change control meetings, prevention,and detection of unauthorized migration to production environments.
- Used XL Release Orchestration tools for continuous integration and management of several tasks in the deployment process.
- Performed workload analysis on the prod system based on APM/RUM tools and come up with the workload to be simulated in a pre-production environment.
- Configured and maintained Hudson to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Led design and implementation of Monitoring and Alerting for Cloud with venter Operations (vCOPs) as a "single pane of glass" solution for Flex Pod. Installed vCOPS adapters to monitor NetApp storage, Cisco Nexus 5000 switches.
Environment: SVN, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Hudson, SQL, Chef, vCenter Operations (vCOPs), Apache Tomcat, shell, Kafka, Cloud Foundry, Puppet, JIRA, Microsoft .NET, ASP.NET, Windows, Python, Linux, Unix, Git, Clear Case.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product, which involves environment like Development, QA and Production.
- Installed and designed RHEL Kick start Installation by configuring NFS, NIS, DNS, DHCP
- Monitoring system performance, adding physical memory to the servers and User administration setup
- Troubleshooting Network, File system memory, CPU, Swap Space and issues, TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, SMTP in Linux and Solaris servers
- Maintaining infrastructure environment containing RHEL and Solaris
- Troubleshooting issues by checking logs.
- Performed Disaster Recovery in RHEL servers which comprises of LVM based FS and Red Hat Clustering
- Worked on Red Hat 5.x, 6.x and performed daily tasks using CRON scheduler and automated it.
- Installed and arranged Disk and document framework administration utilizing Logical Volume Manager (LVM) for LINUX frameworks
- Performed OS upgrades Kernel Upgrades to Solaris and RHEL on production servers and testing servers
- Installed and configured Nagios system monitoring, writing custom scripts for ESXi Servers.
- Administered VMware ESXi, for running the RHEL, Solaris, Windows, Centos,and Servers on Development and test servers using vCenter
- Configuring and maintaining System Securities using IPTABLES
- Performance tuning of Virtual Memory, CPU, framework utilization in Linux and Solaris servers by SAR tools
- The configuration of Monitoring tools in Linux and Solaris servers by Nagios.
Environment: RHEL, Solaris, Centos, Nagios, VMware ESXi, LVM, TCP, DNS, SMTP, Bash Scripting.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes