Citrix Engineer Resume
- Around 7 years IT experience that includes Citrix, Windows and VMware environments.
- Experience in Windows NT, 2000, 2003 and 2008 Server administration.
- Professional Working Experience on HP Servers (DL360/380/580, ML580), IBM X Series Servers and DELL Power Edge Servers (1850, 2500, 2600, 6400).
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of Citrix Metaframe Presentation Server 3.0/4.0/4.5, XenApp 4.5/5.0/6.0/6.5.
- Working knowledge on XenServer 5.6 sp2, Xendesktop 5.6/7.6 and Provisioning server 5.6 sp2.
- Publishing applications and providing access to the users using console.
- Migrating from Citrix Metaframe Presentation Server 1.8 to 4.0 and Xenapp 4.5 to 6.0/6.5.
- Configuring MetaFrame Presentation Server Policies, Load Management and Printers.
- Knowledge on Citrix Password Manager and Access Gateway.
- Working Knowledge on Citrix Edgesight 5.4.
- Created Packages using Installation Manager & deploy those packages to different Citrix Servers.
- Monitoring and Managing Citrix Metaframe Presentation Servers and Citrix Xenapp Servers.
- Creating a test Environment in Citrix and VMware for Production Team to test their applications.
- Expertise in building Windows 2000, 2003 and Windows 2008 servers Array configurations, Diagnosing Server and Updating Firmware.
- Experience working in large international complex directory environments with experience supporting Windows 2000, 2003 Active Directory (AD).
- Experience in installing VMWare ESX 3.0/3.5/4.0/Esxi 4.1/5.0.
- Worked on VMware P2V, V2V and P2P migrations with Platespin and VMware.
- Maintaining the File & Print Server & cloning the Desktops on Network in Windows environment.
- Experience in DNS, WINS, DHCP, RAID levels and Active directory.
- Providing comprehensive documentation for system builds.
- Worked on change management, request management & Incident tickets using Remedy/Service Center.
- Experienced in offshore management, support & maintenance activities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in Data center administration.
- Work well both independently and as part of a team. Work well under pressure & conflicting priorities.
OS: Windows Server 2003/2008R2/2012
Vmware: VMware VSphere 3.5/4.1/5.0, Workstation, ESX Server 3.5
Citrix: Citrix XenServer, XenDesktop 5.6, Metaframe PS 4.0, XenApp 6.5/7.0
Software: Symantec Ghost, VERITAS Backup Exec - Netback up, MS Office XP, 2003, 2007, 2010, Symantec Antivirus (Corporate)/Endpoint Protection.
Hardware: HP/COMPAQ ProLiant servers, HP/IBM Blade Centres, IBM X-series Servers, Dell Power Edge Server
Languages: C, C++
Databases: SQL Server 2005/2008, Oracle 10g/11g
Confidential, Minnesota, MN
- Implemented new project consisting 400+ Citrix Servers on Windows 2008 R2 (64 bit) Windows bit and 64bit includes Citrix ICA 4000 concurrent users approx.
- Created a new server 4.5 Farm and migrated servers from old XPe and MPS4.0 farm.
- Administrated and worked on Citrix Xenapp 6.5 farm and Windows 2008 R2 64bit.
- Brokers connections between users and their virtual desktops.
- Communication with the DDC and enables a direct ICA connection between the virtual desktop and the users endpoint device.
- Involved into DR/HA project for a datacenter Based on Citrix Xenapp 4.5, Involved with the migration the farm to 4.5/6.0. New implementation of Citrix infrastructures.
- Administrated VMWARE Servers Farm comprising of VMWARE ESX 4.1 Servers consisting various Windows servers 2003 and Window 2008.
- Management console's Installation Manager for the purpose of deployment the same applications to number of servers.
- Involved with the implementation and administration of Citrix Edgesight 4.5 and Managing Netscaler 9 and Configuring managing Citrix Web interface 4.6/5.3 and migrating Citrix Web Interface from 4.6 to 5.3.
- Involved into Citrix AMC, IIS for Citrix websites, Citrix Web Interfaces and Citrix License servers upgrades.
- Troubleshoot issues surrounding the configuration of the environment and troubleshoot application 'collision' issues in the shared environment.
- Windows Server 2003 Active Directory environment, administering DRA, networking issues, User accounts, Computer Accounts, connectivity, Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Group Policies configurations and Implemented DMZ Servers.
- Responsible for working on Service center trouble tickets created by users from various locations, working closely with business units inside the organization to deploy various in-house and off the shelf applications on Citrix servers.
- Coordinating with the various applications teams for deployment of new environment.
Confidential, Marlborough MA
- Installed, Configured and managed Virtualized IT environments using VMWare on Windows Server platforms on-premised apps using Citrix tools.
- Responsible for administering & supporting 350 Citrix server environment on Windows Server 2003/2008 R2.
- Responsible for Terminal server builds & XenApp server deployments in both Physical & virtual environments.
- Systems admin including Windows Server 2003/2008, SQL Server, Terminal Servers, XenApp & XenServer.
- Support for 350 Citrix terminal XenApp 6.0 servers and Provisioning Server 5.6 host for application servers.
- Installation, Configure and Maintenance of Fand O Application and other Stock Exchange related Applications.
- Installed and configured XenApp 6.5 server with published apps.
- Administration of existing XenServer 6.0, XenDesktop 5.6 and XenApp 6.5 infrastructure.
- Virtualization implementation using VMware, Citrix XenServer.
- Installation of SQL 2005 and creating databases and roles and taking backup.
- Troubleshooting done for various issues related to Citrix resource manager.
- Monitored Citrix server's health by using Citrix Edge Sight.
- Provided 24/7 Production support for Citrix environment.
- Responsible production support of Active directory (AD), GPO, GPP, Domain users, Users and groups and given appropriate permissions, shares and privilege to access LAN and Domain environment.
- Used to Quote HP servers as per the Project Requests.
- Active participation in moving the Data Center Migration from one Location to another Location.
- Configured servers in the DSView 2.x and 3.0 for KVM sessions as per the organization's policies.
- Created User accounts and groups in Active Directory.
- Worked on DNS, DHCP and WINS.
- Worked with Remedy Tool for ticketing process.
Confidential, Spark, MD
- Monitoring & maintaining Citrix Meta Frame PS 3.0 Farm which includes550+ servers, 4500+ user base & more than 100 various applications.
- Publishing and assigning the user permissions to access the Applications in Citrix Management Console.
- Creating the load evaluators for load balance purpose while users accessing the Applications.
- Maintaining the file server, application and Print Server.
- Maintaining the Print Drivers on Citrix Servers in the Farm.
- Worked on xendesktop 4.0.
- Created MSI Packages Using Installation Managers and deploy those packages to different Citrix servers.
- Created User Accounts, groups and running scripts on production servers.
- Assigned local security policies on member servers and standalone servers using RDP
- Manage and monitor Active Directory services and group policies.
- Strong Knowledge in creating various objects like User Accounts, Computer Accounts & Auto logon accounts.
- Assigning folder permissions to the users by gathering approval from the group owners.
- Worked on HP Open View Service Desk (OVSD) tickets.
- Raised tickets for any issues discovered during validation.
- Building ESX 3.0 Hosts and maintain those ESX servers through VI Client.
- Maintained Templates for easy building of servers.
- Maintained Snapshots for troubleshoots.
- Experience with VMware, creating VM Sessions for installing multiple OS and applications.
- Working on Ticket process in receiving Incident tickets in Remedy Tool in 24x7 environments.
- Created standard operating procedures and process documents for training off shore resources.
- Assisted in the planning, design, and operation of the firm's remote access infrastructure.
- Managed and troubleshoot multiple Citrix farms.
- Configuring XenDesktop farm and provisioning server farm.
- Developed and maintained Citrix-related standards, policies and procedures.
- Assist in Planning, design, implementation & improve disaster recovery procedures for Citrix systems.
- Continuously monitor the firm's remote access requirements to ensure that the IT Department can consistently provide the optimum services to users.
- Provided 24 hr. Citrix coverage on scheduled nights and off-hour support for maintenance.
- Provided troubleshooting instructions to Tier-1 support staff.
- Conducted ongoing Citrix technology assessment, research new Citrix related products and features and develop cost effective recommendations.
- Detailed understanding and implementation of XenApp Streaming Technology and components to include web Interface, Citrix Access Gateway and Netscaler configuration.
- Virtualization implementation using Vmware and Citrix XenServer.
- Responsible for design, implementation and managing firm remote access portal and resource.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes