Network Engineer Resume
- Experience in Networking, including hands - on experience in IP network design providing network support, installation and analysis.
- Network Professional wif around 8 years of experience in Designing and troubleshooting LAN, WAN, MPLS in Branch, Campus and Data Center environments.
- Expert level knowledge of troubleshooting, implementing, optimizing and testing of static and dynamic routing protocols such asEIGRP, OSPF,BGP ability to interpret and resolve complex route table problems.
- Implementation traffic filters on Cisco routes using Standard, extended Access list.
- Expert Level Knowledge about TCP/IP and OSI models.
- In-depth expertise in analysis, implementation, troubleshooting & documentation of LAN/WAN Architecture and good experience on IP services.
- Experience configuring Virtual Device Context in Nexus 7k, 5k and 2k.
- Proficient in Cisco IOS for configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP-BGP, OSPF, LDP, EIGRP, RIP, BGP v4, MPLS
- Hands on Experience testing iRules using Browser(IE), HTTP watch, curl, Scripts(shell/batch file/Perl) and host files
- Configuring and testing Multicast for both IPv4 and IPv6 routing in Data Environment
- Technical Knowledge on Cisco DMZ, ASA 5500 series firewalls.
- Knowledge of implementing and troubleshooting complex layer 2 technologies such as VLAN Trunks, VTP Ether channel, STP, RSTP and MST.
- Experience in troubleshoot network issues including boundary protection devices, Cisco Nortel/Avaya and Bluecoat Proxy Servers
- Configuring Cisco routers and switches to enable and troubleshoot a variety of features such as trunk, Vlan, Ether channel, port security, routing protocols including EIGRP, OSPF & BGP and other related technologies such as multicasting, IP Telephony & IP Video.
- Hands-on configuration and experience in setting up Cisco routers to perform functions at teh Access, Distribution, and Core layers.
- Experience wif F5 load balancers - LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for teh corporate Applications and their availability
- Worked on Cisco Routers, Active /Passive Hubs, Switches, Cisco PIX Firewall, NOKIA Firewalls Nortel VPN Concentrators TCP/IP, NAT and Checkpoint ESX/GSX firewall.
- Creating and provisioning Juniper SRX firewall policies. datacenter consolidation project. Consolidated 16 global datacenters consisting of Cisco 6500, 4500, 2800, ASA 5540, F5 BIG-IP 3600,. Consolidation was in preparation to upgrade datacenters to Nexus 7000, 5000, 2000, and ASR 1000 backbone infrastructure.
- Experience using Cisco ASR 1K,9K series switches.
- Experience working wif JUNOS OS on JuniperRouters and Switches.
- Working knowledge of frame relay, MPLS services, IPSecVPN's, OSPF, BGP and EIGRP routing protocols, NAT'ing, sub-netting, also including DNS, WINS, LDAP, DHCP, http, HTML, HTTPS, TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, OSPF, RIP, IPSEC, PPTP, VLAN, STP (Spanning tree Protocol), RTSP & Multicasting protocols
- Extensive Cisco and Infoblox experience as well as F5 exposure
- Experience in teh setup of Access-Lists, and RIP, EIGRP, and tunnel installations.
- Proficiency in configuration of VLAN setup on variousCiscoRouters and Switches.
- Experienced in trouble-shooting both connectivity issues and hardware problems on Cisco based networks.
- Good knowledge and experience in Installation, Configuration and Administration of Windows Servers 2000/2003, Active Directory, FTP, DNS, DHCP, TFTP, Linux OS under various and WAN environments.
Routers: (1800, 2500, 2600, 2800, 3600, 3750, 3800, 7200), ASR 1K and 9K.
Cisco Switches: (2900, 3500, 4000, 4500, 5000, 5800, 6500, 7600 Nexus 2k, 3k, 5kand 7k), MSFC, MSFC2.
Juniper: E series, J series and M series. Juniper SRX & VPN, T -Series, MX-Series Routers.
Routing Protocol: (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS, IGRP, LDAP, IGMP, RIP), Routed Protocol TCP/IP, SIP, Multicasting (PIM), 802.1Q.
LAN Protocol: VLAN, PVLAN, VTP, IPX, Inter-VLAN routing, ISL, dot1q, STP, IS-IS, RSTP, MSTP, IPVST, LACP, HSRP, GLBP, VPC, VDC, Ethernet, Port security.
WAN Technology: Frame Relay, ISDN, ATM, WAAS, PPP,ICMP,WiSM Module in 6509, X.25,L2VPN,L3VPN, E1/T1/DS1/DS3
Network Management: SNMP v2,v3, Syslog, HP Open View NNM, Net flow Analyzer, Sniffer, Wireshark, Cisco Works, 3Com Network Analyzer, SolarWinds, Orion.
AAA Architecture: TACACS+, RADIUS, Cisco ACS.
Operating systems: Linux, Unix, DOS, Windows XP/2007/2008,Windows 2003 server and Windows 2008 server
Network Security: NAT/PAT, Ingress &Egress Firewall Design, VPN ConfigurationInternet Content Filtering, Knowledge of Firewall, ASA, Cisco FWSM/PIX/ASDM, Cisco NAC,IPSec, Nokia Checkpoint NG, SPLAT, IPS/IDS (Snor), IPS 4260.
Application Protocols: DHCP, DNS, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, TFTP.
Documentation: Microsoft Office, Visio
- Configuration and troubleshooting on HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, RSTP, MST related issues coming innetwork environment
- Configuration and extension of VLAN from one network segment to their segment between Different vendor switches (Cisco, Juniper)
- Worked on F5 BIG-IP LTM 8900, configured profiles, provided and ensured high availability
- Conversions to BGP WAN routing. Which will be to convert WAN routing from OSPF to BGP (OSPF is used for local routing only) which involves new wan links.
- Creating Change Management for Router IOS upgrades and downgrades
- Configuring Firewall logging, DMZs & related security policies & monitoring
- Configuringthe Voice VLAN's (VOIP)andPrioritizing teh voice traffic over teh data traffic
- Key contributions include troubleshooting of complex LAN/WAN infrastructure that include routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF & BGP
- Managed F5 BigIP LTM appliances to load balance server traffic in critical serval access silos.
- ConfiguringVRRP & GLBP andVLANTrunking802.1Q, STP, Port Security on Catalyst 6500 switches.
- Experience wif convert Checkpoint VPN rules over to teh Cisco ASA solution. Migration wif Cisco ASA VPN experience.
- Experience wif Juniper NetScreen 520M Firewall and Palo Alto network firewall.
- Involved in teh redistribution into OSPF on teh core ASA firewall.
- To secure configurations of load balancing in F5, SSL/VPN connections, Troubleshooting CISCO ASA firewalls, and related network security measures
- Troubleshooting and installing of CRS, ISR, GSR, ASR9000 and Nexus 7010 and 7009 devices
- Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's PIX firewall, ASA 5500
- Responsible for Cisco ASA firewall administration across our global networks
- Implementing Cisco Wireless access points using LEAP and Cisco Radius for autantication, greatly increasing Wireless security.
- Manage all network and firewall devices whichincludes Cisco routers, switches, Check Point, Cisco PIX, Cisco ASA, Cisco FWSM and F5 Load Balancer in enterprise environment.
- Co-ordinated wif global Security Management teams and support teams as required and completed Palo Alto and CheckpointFirewallrule add, modification, and delete
- Involved in teh removal of EIGRP from all devices and making OSPF teh primary routing protocol.
- Perform teh installation and maintenance of VPN gateways, IDS/IPS, proxy servers, firewalls, and load balancers.
- Configuring network access servers for AAA Security Using Juniper IC (Infranet Controllers) MAG-SM360, MAG-4610.
- Perform new additions (VIPs, Pools, Virtual Servers, and Monitors) to teh F5 BigIP LTM load balancer.
- Worked wif application team to understand their requirements and come up wif teh best load balancing options (F5 BIG IP- created Virtual servers and load balanced across teh web server into network).
- Experience in NOC(network operation Center) and DATA center
- Deployed BIG IP Enterprise manager to cluster all teh F5 LTM, GTM, ASA, Netscreen devices for easier management and common configurations.
- Configuring and testing Multicast for both IPv4 and IPv6 routing in Data Environment.
- Monitoring and configuring Cisco 7600 routers at data center.
- Configuration ofFabric path and connectivity between Nexus 5K and Nexus 7k
- Configuring Cisco iOS ACL and Firewall rules to restrict and allow access to data resources.
- Involved in teh modification and removal of BGP from teh MPLS routers.
- Also prepared documentation for various Vlans and Voice subnetworks and worked on Visio for teh same.
- Involved in configuring IP Quality of service(QoS).
- Worked on commissioning and decommissioning of teh MPLS circuits for various field offices.
- Implementing & maintaining tools like Snort (IDS), MRTG, solarwinds products, JFFNMS, Netflow Analyzer, WatsUP Glod, Smokeping, and NTOP.
- Supporting teh team for migration work of applications and websites from Cisco CSS Load Balancers to teh F5 BigIP Load Balancers.
- Replaced aging Checkpoint firewall architecture wif new next generation Palo Alto appliances serving as firewalls and URL and application inspection
- Configuring and maintain access points through CISCO 4400 WLAN controller
- Replace branch hardware wif new 2851 routers and 2960 switches.
- Performed basic security audit of perimeter routers, identifying missing ACL's, writing and applying ACL's
- Involved in scripting teh iRules using TCL (Tool command language) and PERL for HTTP redirection
- Experience wif configuring Virtual Server and Configuring Load balancing methods in F5 LTM
- Having Data Center Design Experience, installing and Configuring Network Devices in a Data Center including patching teh cables in teh Patch Panel. Design and implemented network infrastructure and configured all teh network Infrastructure devices including Network Printers and Registers
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Network Configuration Specialist
- Configuring and troubleshooting WAN links, BGP, QoS for global customers.
- Creating base configuration for teh leased line and creating service configuration.
- Commissioning and de-commissioning of circuits.
- Deploying PE-CE router configuration, Test & Turn-up, Logical Amend
- Activities as per order/service requirements configured and maintained IPSEC and SSL VPN's on Palo AltoFirewallsand Checkpoint
- Provisioning and making changes on BT Global MPLS Platform and its finance vertical
- Providing root cause analysis of fault tickets booked.
- Implemented L3 SVI's and L2 vlans, Inter Vlan Routing and HSRP configuration in Nexus on F series module.
- Worked wif iRules using TCL for loading rules in HTTP to HTTPS redirection, SSL Termination.
- Configured Security Policies including NAT, PAT, AAA, ACL's Standard Access Lists, Distribute-Lists, Route-Maps, VPN Concentrators, IPS/IDS, (PIX, ASA) firewalls.
- Involved in Configuration of FirewallAccess lists (ACL) oncheckpointfirewall for teh propernetworkrouting for teh B2Bnetworkconnectivity
- Configured and troubleshoot on Juniper EX4500 and EX8200 switches
- Configured Cisco 7200 routers which were also connected to Cisco PIX 535 security appliances providing perimeter based firewall security.
- Cisco IOS and Cisco CatOS configuration and backups, Uploading and download IOS and CatOS using XModem, TFTP and FTP protocols
- Configuring rules and Maintaining Palo Alto Firewalls & Analysis of firewall logs using various tools
- Implementation and troubleshooting of routing protocols like, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP and IGRP and route redundancy protocol i.e., HSRP
- Implementation and troubleshooting of various switching issues related to VLANs, VTP, STP, Port security, ether channels, Inter-VLAN routing.
- Well versed wif Cisco Hardware including Cisco Router and card types for1800, 2800,1900, ASR1002,3700, 3800, 7200 series for providing Leased line, Frame-Relay, STM and Ethernet
- Tools used IVserve, Classic/Tahiti, COT+, Chameleon, PMF, PNAD, and PPR.
Confidential, Branchburg, NJ
- Responsible for Internal and external accounts and, managing LAN/WAN and checking for Security
- Configured, installed, & managed DHCP, DNS, & WINS servers
- Configuration & maintenance of Cisco2600 series routers wif OSPF.
- Configured and implemented various protocols on 2800 series router for efficient performance of network.
- Managed a TACACS server for VPN user autantication and network devices autantication
- Upgrading teh network by translating protocols like EIGRP to OSPF.
- Monitor, evaluate & report on health of both Wide & Local Area (WAN/LAN) Networks.
- Maintaining teh whole network and troubleshooting teh network issues for efficient performance.
- Team member of Configuration ofCisco7206 router and Configuration of Catalyst switches.
- Configuration 7609, 7606 wif OSPF and catalyst 6505, 4500, 3550 switches wif various VLAN.
- Installed and configured F5 Load balancers and firewalls wif LAN/WAN configuration.
- Worked on various Nexus Products 7010, 7009, 2248.
- Create and testCisco routers and switching operations using OSPF routing protocol.
- To secure configurations of load balancing in F5, SSL/VPN connections, Troubleshooting CISCO ASA firewalls, and related network security measures.
- Experience working wif Layer 1-7 switching, TCP/IP, OSPF and load balancing (Cisco L2/L3 switches, firewalls, load balancers.
- Proactively manage customer Firewall's (FW), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) and other security threat data sources on Check point, Palo Alto and Juniper FW's.
- Installed and configured Cisco ASA 5500 series firewall and configured remote access IPSEC VPN on Cisco ASA 5500 serie
- Worked extensively in Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's ASA 5500/PIX security appliance, Failover DMZ zoning & configuring VLANs/routing/NATing wif teh firewalls per design.
- Workedwif security issue like applying ACL's, configuring NAT and VPN
- Experience in configuring routing protocols like EIGRP, RIP v2, OSPF & BGP and Cisco ACS protocols like RADIUS and TACACS.
- Troubleshoot issues related to connectivity, STP, VLANs, Trunking, VTP, Layer 2/3switching, Ether Channels, Inter-VLAN routing, log messages, high CPU utilization and parameters that can degrade Performance of teh network.
- Tested BGP features such as as-override, Local pre, EBGP load balancing
- Maintained complex LAN/WANnetworks wif several VLANS and provided support for routing protocols and also providing secure sessions over internet using IPSec and SSL encryption.
- Configured Multicasting protocol for IPTV and Multicast over GRE tunnels.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Jr. Network Support Engineer
- Designed, validated and implemented LAN, WAN & WLAN structure to suite client's need.
- Configured and troubleshoot OSPF and EIGRP.
- Experience wif Checkpoint Firewall policy provisioning
- Involved in writing troubleshooting guidelines for MPLS VPN.
- Streamlined teh process of deployment of operating system.
- Installed and configured workstations for IP based LAN's
- Installed and configured DHCP Client/Server Planning and configuring teh routing protocols such as OSPF, RIP, and Static Routing on teh routers.
- Worked on implementation of analysis, optimization, troubleshooting and documentation of LAN/WAN networking systems.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes