Network Engineer Resume
- Experience in Networking, including hands - on experience in IP network design providing network support, installation and analysis.
- Network Professional with around 8 years of experience in Designing and troubleshooting LAN, WAN, MPLS in Branch, Campus and Data Center environments.
- Expert level noledge of troubleshooting, implementing, optimizing and testing of static and dynamic routing protocols such asEIGRP, OSPF,BGP ability to interpret and resolve complex route table problems.
- Implementation traffic filters on Cisco routes using Standard, extended Access list.
- Expert Level Knowledge about TCP/IP and OSI models.
- In-depth expertise in analysis, implementation, troubleshooting & documentation of LAN/WAN Architecture and good experience on IP services.
- Experience configuring Virtual Device Context in Nexus 7k, 5k and 2k.
- Proficient in Cisco IOS for configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP-BGP, OSPF, LDP, EIGRP, RIP, BGP v4, MPLS
- Hands on Experience testing iRules using Browser(IE), HTTP watch, curl, Scripts(shell/batch file/Perl) and host files
- Configuring and testing Multicast for both IPv4 and IPv6 routing in Data Environment
- Technical Knowledge on Cisco DMZ, ASA 5500 series firewalls.
- Knowledge of implementing and troubleshooting complex layer 2 technologies such as VLAN Trunks, VTP Ether channel, STP, RSTP and MST.
- Experience in troubleshoot network issues including boundary protection devices, Cisco Nortel/Avaya and Bluecoat Proxy Servers
- Configuring Cisco routers and switches to enable and troubleshoot a variety of features such as trunk, Vlan, Ether channel, port security, routing protocols including EIGRP, OSPF & BGP and other related technologies such as multicasting, IP Telephony & IP Video.
- Hands-on configuration and experience in setting up Cisco routers to perform functions at the Access, Distribution, and Core layers.
- Experience with F5 load balancers - LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate Applications and their availability
- Worked on Cisco Routers, Active /Passive Hubs, Switches, Cisco PIX Firewall, NOKIA Firewalls Nortel VPN Concentrators TCP/IP, NAT and Checkpoint ESX/GSX firewall.
- Creating and provisioning Juniper SRX firewall policies.
- datacenter consolidation project. Consolidated 16 global datacenters consisting of Cisco 6500, 4500, 2800, ASA 5540, F5 BIG-IP 3600,. Consolidation was in preparation to upgrade datacenters to Nexus 7000, 5000, 2000, and ASR 1000 backbone infrastructure.
- Experience using Cisco ASR 1K,9K series switches.
- Experience working with JUNOS OS on JuniperRouters and Switches.
- Working noledge of frame relay, MPLS services, IPSecVPN's, OSPF, BGP and EIGRP routing protocols, NAT'ing, sub-netting, also including DNS, WINS, LDAP, DHCP, http, HTML, HTTPS, TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, OSPF, RIP, IPSEC, PPTP, VLAN, STP (Spanning tree Protocol), RTSP & Multicasting protocols
- Extensive Cisco and Infoblox experience as well as F5 exposure
- Experience in the setup of Access-Lists, and RIP, EIGRP, and tunnel installations.
- Proficiency in configuration of VLAN setup on variousCiscoRouters and Switches.
- Experienced in trouble-shooting both connectivity issues and hardware problems on Cisco based networks.
- Good noledge and experience in Installation, Configuration and Administration of Windows Servers 2000/2003, Active Directory, FTP, DNS, DHCP, TFTP, Linux OS under various and WAN environments.
Routers: (1800, 2500, 2600, 2800, 3600, 3750, 3800, 7200), ASR 1K and 9K.
Cisco Switches: (2900, 3500, 4000, 4500, 5000, 5800, 6500, 7600 Nexus 2k, 3k, 5kand 7k), MSFC, MSFC2.
Juniper: E series, J series and M series. Juniper SRX & VPN, T -Series, MX-Series Routers.
Routing Protocol: (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS, IGRP, LDAP, IGMP, RIP), Routed Protocol TCP/IP, SIP, Multicasting (PIM), 802.1Q.
LAN Protocol: VLAN, PVLAN, VTP, IPX, Inter-VLAN routing, ISL, dot1q, STP, IS-IS, RSTP, MSTP, IPVST, LACP, HSRP, GLBP, VPC, VDC, Ethernet, Port security.
WAN Technology: Frame Relay, ISDN, ATM, WAAS, PPP,ICMP,WiSM Module in 6509, X.25,L2VPN,L3VPN, E1/T1/DS1/DS3
Network Management: SNMP v2,v3, Syslog, HP Open View NNM, Net flow Analyzer, Sniffer, Wireshark, Cisco Works, 3Com Network Analyzer, SolarWinds, Orion.
AAA Architecture: TACACS+, RADIUS, Cisco ACS.
Operating systems: Linux, Unix, DOS, Windows XP/2007/2008,Windows 2003 server and Windows 2008 server
Network Security: NAT/PAT, Ingress &Egress Firewall Design, VPN ConfigurationInternet Content Filtering, Knowledge of Firewall, ASA, Cisco FWSM/PIX/ASDM, Cisco NAC,IPSec, Nokia Checkpoint NG, SPLAT, IPS/IDS (Snor), IPS 4260.
Application Protocols: DHCP, DNS, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, TFTP.
Documentation: Microsoft Office, Visio
- Configuration and troubleshooting on HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, RSTP, MST related issues coming innetwork environment
- Configuration and extension of VLAN from one network segment to their segment between Different vendor switches (Cisco, Juniper)
- Worked on F5 BIG-IP LTM 8900, configured profiles, provided and ensured high availability
- Conversions to BGP WAN routing. Which will be to convert WAN routing from OSPF to BGP (OSPF is used for local routing only) which involves new wan links.
- Creating Change Management for Router IOS upgrades and downgrades
- Configuring Firewall logging, DMZs & related security policies & monitoring
- Configuringthe Voice VLAN's (VOIP)andPrioritizing the voice traffic over the data traffic
- Key contributions include troubleshooting of complex LAN/WAN infrastructure that include routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF & BGP
- Managed F5 BigIP LTM appliances to load balance server traffic in critical serval access silos.
- ConfiguringVRRP & GLBP andVLANTrunking802.1Q, STP, Port Security on Catalyst 6500 switches.
- Experience with convert Checkpoint VPN rules over to the Cisco ASA solution. Migration with Cisco ASA VPN experience.
- Experience with Juniper NetScreen 520M Firewall and Palo Alto network firewall.
- Involved in the redistribution into OSPF on the core ASA firewall.
- To secure configurations of load balancing in F5, SSL/VPN connections, Troubleshooting CISCO ASA firewalls, and related network security measures
- Troubleshooting and installing of CRS, ISR, GSR, ASR9000 and Nexus 7010 and 7009 devices
- Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's PIX firewall, ASA 5500
- Responsible for Cisco ASA firewall administration across our global networks
- Implementing Cisco Wireless access points using LEAP and Cisco Radius for authentication, greatly increasing Wireless security.
- Manage all network and firewall devices whichincludes Cisco routers, switches, Check Point, Cisco PIX, Cisco ASA, Cisco FWSM and F5 Load Balancer in enterprise environment.
- Co-ordinated with global Security Management teams and support teams as required and completed Palo Alto and CheckpointFirewallrule add, modification, and delete
- Involved in the removal of EIGRP from all devices and making OSPF the primary routing protocol.
- Perform the installation and maintenance of VPN gateways, IDS/IPS, proxy servers, firewalls, and load balancers.
- Configuring network access servers for AAA Security Using Juniper IC (Infranet Controllers) MAG-SM360, MAG-4610.
- Perform new additions (VIPs, Pools, Virtual Servers, and Monitors) to the F5 BigIP LTM load balancer.
- Worked with application team to understand their requirements and come up with the best load balancing options (F5 BIG IP- created Virtual servers and load balanced across the web server into network).
- Experience in NOC(network operation Center) and DATA center
- Deployed BIG IP Enterprise manager to cluster all the F5 LTM, GTM, ASA, Netscreen devices for easier management and common configurations.
- Configuring and testing Multicast for both IPv4 and IPv6 routing in Data Environment.
- Monitoring and configuring Cisco 7600 routers at data center.
- Configuration ofFabric path and connectivity between Nexus 5K and Nexus 7k
- Configuring Cisco iOS ACL and Firewall rules to restrict and allow access to data resources.
- Involved in the modification and removal of BGP from the MPLS routers.
- Also prepared documentation for various Vlans and Voice subnetworks and worked on Visio for the same.
- Involved in configuring IP Quality of service(QoS).
- Worked on commissioning and decommissioning of the MPLS circuits for various field offices.
- Implementing & maintaining tools like Snort (IDS), MRTG, solarwinds products, JFFNMS, Netflow Analyzer, WhatsUP Gold, Smokeping, and NTOP.
- Supporting the team for migration work of applications and websites from Cisco CSS Load Balancers to the F5 BigIP Load Balancers.
- Replaced aging Checkpoint firewall architecture with new next generation Palo Alto appliances serving as firewalls and URL and application inspection
- Configuring and maintain access points through CISCO 4400 WLAN controller
- Replace branch hardware with new 2851 routers and 2960 switches.
- Performed basic security audit of perimeter routers, identifying missing ACL's, writing and applying ACL's
- Involved in scripting the iRules using TCL (Tool command language) and PERL for HTTP redirection
- Experience with configuring Virtual Server and Configuring Load balancing methods in F5 LTM
- Having Data Center Design Experience, installing and Configuring Network Devices in a Data Center including patching the cables in the Patch Panel. Design and implemented network infrastructure and configured all the network Infrastructure devices including Network Printers and Registers
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Network Configuration Specialist
- Configuring and troubleshooting WAN links, BGP, QoS for global customers.
- Creating base configuration for the leased line and creating service configuration.
- Commissioning and de-commissioning of circuits.
- Deploying PE-CE router configuration, Test & Turn-up, Logical Amend
- Activities as per order/service requirements
- configured and maintained IPSEC and SSL VPN's on Palo AltoFirewallsand Checkpoint
- Provisioning and making changes on BT Global MPLS Platform and its finance vertical
- Providing root cause analysis of fault tickets booked.
- Implemented L3 SVI's and L2 vlans, Inter Vlan Routing and HSRP configuration in Nexus on F series module.
- Worked with iRules using TCL for loading rules in HTTP to HTTPS redirection, SSL Termination.
- Configured Security Policies including NAT, PAT, AAA, ACL's Standard Access Lists, Distribute-Lists, Route-Maps, VPN Concentrators, IPS/IDS, (PIX, ASA) firewalls.
- Involved in Configuration of FirewallAccess lists (ACL) oncheckpointfirewall for the propernetworkrouting for the B2Bnetworkconnectivity
- Configured and troubleshoot on Juniper EX4500 and EX8200 switches
- Configured Cisco 7200 routers which were also connected to Cisco PIX 535 security appliances providing perimeter based firewall security.
- Cisco IOS and Cisco CatOS configuration and backups, Uploading and download IOS and CatOS using XModem, TFTP and FTP protocols
- Configuring rules and Maintaining Palo Alto Firewalls & Analysis of firewall logs using various tools
- Implementation and troubleshooting of routing protocols like, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP and IGRP and route redundancy protocol i.e., HSRP
- Implementation and troubleshooting of various switching issues related to VLANs, VTP, STP, Port security, ether channels, Inter-VLAN routing.
- Well versed with Cisco Hardware including Cisco Router and card types for1800, 2800,1900, ASR1002,3700, 3800, 7200 series for providing Leased line, Frame-Relay, STM and Ethernet
- Tools used IVserve, Classic/Tahiti, COT+, Chameleon, PMF, PNAD, and PPR.
Confidential, Branchburg, NJ
- Responsible for Internal and external accounts and, managing LAN/WAN and checking for Security
- Configured, installed, & managed DHCP, DNS, & WINS servers
- Configuration & maintenance of Cisco2600 series routers with OSPF.
- Configured and implemented various protocols on 2800 series router for efficient performance of network.
- Managed a TACACS server for VPN user authentication and network devices authentication
- Upgrading the network by translating protocols like EIGRP to OSPF.
- Monitor, evaluate & report on health of both Wide & Local Area (WAN/LAN) Networks.
- Maintaining the whole network and troubleshooting the network issues for efficient performance.
- Team member of Configuration ofCisco7206 router and Configuration of Catalyst switches.
- Configuration 7609, 7606 with OSPF and catalyst 6505, 4500, 3550 switches with various VLAN.
- Installed and configured F5 Load balancers and firewalls with LAN/WAN configuration.
- Worked on various Nexus Products 7010, 7009, 2248.
- Create and testCisco routers and switching operations using OSPF routing protocol.
- To secure configurations of load balancing in F5, SSL/VPN connections, Troubleshooting CISCO ASA firewalls, and related network security measures.
- Experience working with Layer 1-7 switching, TCP/IP, OSPF and load balancing (Cisco L2/L3 switches, firewalls, load balancers.
- Proactively manage customer Firewall's (FW), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) and other security threat data sources on Check point, Palo Alto and Juniper FW's.
- Installed and configured Cisco ASA 5500 series firewall and configured remote access IPSEC VPN on Cisco ASA 5500 serie
- Worked extensively in Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's ASA 5500/PIX security appliance, Failover DMZ zoning & configuring VLANs/routing/NATing with the firewalls per design.
- Workedwith security issue like applying ACL's, configuring NAT and VPN
- Experience in configuring routing protocols like EIGRP, RIP v2, OSPF & BGP and Cisco ACS protocols like RADIUS and TACACS.
- Troubleshoot issues related to connectivity, STP, VLANs, Trunking, VTP, Layer 2/3switching, Ether Channels, Inter-VLAN routing, log messages, high CPU utilization and parameters that can degrade Performance of the network.
- Tested BGP features such as as-override, Local pre, EBGP load balancing
- Maintained complex LAN/WANnetworks with several VLANS and provided support for routing protocols and also providing secure sessions over internet using IPSec and SSL encryption.
- Configured Multicasting protocol for IPTV and Multicast over GRE tunnels.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Jr. Network Support Engineer
- Designed, validated and implemented LAN, WAN & WLAN structure to suite client's need.
- Configured and troubleshoot OSPF and EIGRP.
- Experience with Checkpoint Firewall policy provisioning
- Involved in writing troubleshooting guidelines for MPLS VPN.
- Streamlined the process of deployment of operating system.
- Installed and configured workstations for IP based LAN's
- Installed and configured DHCP Client/Server Planning and configuring the routing protocols such as OSPF, RIP, and Static Routing on the routers.
- Worked on implementation of analysis, optimization, troubleshooting and documentation of LAN/WAN networking systems.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes