Sr. Network Engineer Resume
- 8 years of experience in Cisco/Juniper Networking, Security which includes designing, Deployment and providing network support, installation and analysis for a broad range of LAN / WAN protocols.
- Hands On experience Cisco IOS/IOS - XR/NX-OS, Juniper JUNOS for configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP-BGP, OSPF, LDP, EIGRP, RIP, BGP v4, MPLS.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in Tier II ISP Routing Policies, Network Architecture, IP Subnetting, VLSM, TCP/IP, NAT, DHCP, DNS, FT1 / T1 / FT3 / T3 SONET POS OCX / GigE circuits, Firewalls.
- Strong knowledge of TACACS+, RADIUS implementation in Access Control Network.
- Experience in Designing and assisting in deploying enterprise wide Network Security and High Availability Solutions for ASA.
- Extensive work experience with Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Load Balancers and Firewalls.
- Experience with configuring Nexus 2000 Fabric Extender (FEX) which acts as a remote line card (module) for the Nexus 5000.
- Experience working with Cisco Nexus 2148 Fabric Extender and Nexus 7010, 5000 series to provide a Flexible Access Solution for a datacenter access architecture
- Involved in troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP and other IP conflict problems.
- Configuring Virtual Chassis for Juniper switches EX-4200,Firewalls SRX-210
- Responsible for Check Point (Secure Platform R70) and Cisco ASA firewall administration across global networks.
- Knowledge on Voice Based Network.
- Experience in working with Cisco Nexus Switches and Virtual Port Channel configuration.
- Knowledge of implementing and troubleshooting complex layer 2 technologies such as VLAN Trunks, VTP, Ether channel, STP, RSTP and MST. Implementation of HSRP, VRRP for Default Gateway Redundancy.
- Experience in testing Cisco routers and switches in laboratory and deploy them on site production.
- Worked extensively in Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's ASA 5500/PIX security appliance, Failover DMZ zoning & configuring VLANs/routing/NAT with the firewalls as per the design.
- Worked extensively on Cisco Firewalls, Cisco PIX (506E/515E/525/) & ASA 5500(5510/5540) Series
- Knowledge in preparing Technical Documentation and presentations using Microsoft VISIO/Office.
- Worked on MPLS while ensuring secure networking, improving the network performance by prioritizing network traffic and allocating bandwidth according to usage and service requirements.
- Worked on Multicast to use the bandwidth more effectively while reducing the load on the sender.
- Knowledge of WAN Optimization Technology, Riverbed.
- Configuring Cisco Wireless Controllers and AP’s.
- Knowledge on VCMP mode.
- Configuring Cisco WAAS.
- Configuring the Network Admission Control (NAC).
- Excellent customer management/resolution, problem solving, debugging skills and capable of quickly learning, effectively analyzes results and implement and delivering solutions as an individual and as part of a team.
- Hands on Experience testing iRules using Browser(IE), HTTP watch
Networking Technologies: LAN/WAN Architecture, TCP/IP, Frame Relay, VPN, VLAN, VTP, NAT, PAT, STP, RSTP, PVST, MSTP
Networking Hardware: Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, ASA/Pix firewalls, Vmware, Ironport
Routing Protocols: OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP, RIP, MPLS, IS-IS, BGP, Multicasting
Security Technologies: PAP, CHAP, Cisco PIX, Blue Coat
Network Monitoring: Cisco Works 2000, Wire Shark, HRPing
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, LINUX, Cisco IOS, IOS XR, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft
Routers: CISCO 2600, 2800,3600,3800,7200, Juniper M & T Series, Cisco CRS-1, CRS -3, GSR
Application Servers: DNS, DHCP, Windows Active Directory Services, FTP, SFTP, Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2016 , Microsoft SharePoint 2007/2010, Windows server 2003/2008/2012 , Microsoft Active Directory (MS AD), Microsoft Domain Controller (MS DC), HP Proliant Servers, Microsoft Forefront Idenity Manager (MS FIM), Microsoft IIS
Load Balancers: Cisco CSM, F5 Networks (BIG-IP), Netscalar
Capacity & performance: IXIA, Spirent, Cisco works, IPerf, IXChariot
Cisco Switches: CISCO 2900, 3500,4500,5000,6500, Nexus 7k,5k,2k
Juniper switches: Juniper EX 4200, 4300, 9200, 2200,4600,3300
Juniper Routers: Juniper MX 5,10,40,80
Programming Languages: C, C++, Perl, VB Script, Power Shell, Python, SQL
Simulation Tools: Qualnet Developer, OPNET IT GURU, OPNET Modelar, Cadence
Firewalls: juniper net screen (500/5200), Juniper SRX (650/3600), Pix (525/535), ASA (5520/5550/5580 ), McAfee Web Gateway
AAA Architecture: TACACS+, RADIUS, Cisco ACS
Features & Services: IOS and Features, HSRP, GLBP, IPAM IRDP, NAT, SNMP, SYSLOG, NTP, DHCP, CDP, DNS, TFTP and FTP Management, Open Stack, IVR’s, HLD and LLD documents, Dell equal logics
Application Tools: JIRA, Solar Winds, Service Now, Sococo, Lync. Secure CRT
Confidential, Montgomery, AL
Sr. Network Engineer
- Configuring Static, IGRP, EIGRP, BGP and OSPF Routing Protocols on Cisco1600, 2600, 2800, 3600, 7300 series Routers.
- Responsible for entire company network infrastructure that includes Cisco Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Access Points, Servers and PBX.
- Configured Site to Site IPsec VPN tunnels to peer with different clients and each of client having different specifications of Phase 1 and Phase 2 policies using Cisco ASA 5500 series firewalls.
- Configured Easy VPN server and SSL VPN to facilitate various employees’ access internal servers and resources with access restrictions.
- Building the VPN tunnel and VPN encryption.
- Enabled STP attack mitigation (BPDU Guard, Root Guard), using MD5 authentication for VTP, disabling all unused ports and putting them in unused VLAN.
- Configured various LAN switches such as CISCO CAT 2900, 3550, 4500, 6509 switches and Access layer switches such as Cisco 4510, 4948, 4507 switches for VLAN, Fast Ether Channel configuration.
- Implemented VPC, VDC on Nexus Switches and also configured FEX.
- Configuring Static, IGRP, EIGRP, BGP and OSPF Routing Protocols on Juniper MX 5,10,40,80 series Routers.
- Implementation of Access Lists for allowing/blocking desired traffic.
- Configured inside ACL, outside ACL, inside/outside interfaces.
- Hands on experience with JUNOS OS
- Configuring VLANs/routing/NATing with the firewalls as per the network design.
- Configured EBGP load balancing and ensured stability of BGP peering interfaces.
- Worked on Route-Reflectors to troubleshoot BGP issues related to customer route prefixes also route filtering using Route-maps.
- Configured various LAN switches such as Juniper Ex 4200,4500,4300,3300 switches and Access layer switches such as Cisco 4510, 4948, 4507 switches for VLAN, Fast Ether Channel configuration.
- Deploying and decommission of VLANs on core Nexus 7K, 5K and its downstream devices
- Configuration and troubleshooting of CSM, integration with ASA devices.
- Worked extensively in Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco ASA 5500.
- Provided proactive threat defense with ASA that stops attacks before they spread through the network.
- Designed and implemented DMZ for Web servers, Mail servers & FTP Servers using Cisco ASA5500 Firewalls, CISCO PIX 506, PIX 515.
- Worked extensively on Cisco ASA 5500(5510/5540) Series, experience with convert PIX rules over to the Cisco ASA solution.
- Working on Juniper firewalls like SRX 6500,3600
- Worked on datacenter migration of existing PIX firewall to ASA firewall, PIX OS upgrade from 6.3 to 7.0.
- Worked extensively on Cisco ASA 5500(5510/5540) Series, experience with convert datacenter PIX rules over to the Cisco ASA solution.
- Mapped, Network Diagrams and physical identification in MS Visio.
- Updated documentation as necessary.
- Preformed IOS upgrades on Cisco routers and switches.
- Worked with engineering team to resolve tickets and troubleshoot L3/L2 problems efficiently.
- Server load-balancing utilizing F5 LTM-BigIP, including, APM and ASM modules.
- Maintaining and load balancing: web server traffic for customers using F5 load balancers.
- Worked as a team with other engineers to design, install, implement, and configure ASR 9K Network for interconnectivity, and egress redundancy.
- Troubleshoot basic BGP routing issues on Cisco 12xxx and Cisco CRS series.
- Propose network redesign based on client hardware guidelines, network policies and individual site’s unique characteristics.
- Implementing, troubleshooting and maintaining AP, WLC, WCS, NCS.
Environment: Cisco 2948/3560/4500/3560/3750/3550/3500/2960/6500 Switches and Cisco 3640/1200/ 7200/3845/3600/2800 routers, Cisco 1200 Aironet Access Points, Cisco Nexus 7K/5K/2K, Cisco ASA 500, Checkpoint, windows server 2003/2008: F5 BIGIP LTM, RIP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, LAN, WAN, VPN, HSRP.
Confidential, Elmhurst, IL
Sr. Network Engineer
- Responsible for implementing, supporting, and maintaining 24x7 network services.
- Coordinated efforts with Engineer’s to ensure all network devices conformed to defined network standards.
- Configured and troubleshooting HSRP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS WAN, QoS and Route Maps.
- Configured and maintaining Cisco 7200, 4400, 5000 and 6500 platforms.
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues involving VLAN’s, OSPF, QoS etc.
- Support, monitor and manage the IP network.
- Configuring and troubleshooting Juniper EX 4200, 4300, 9200, 2200,4600,3300
- Experience with configuring Nexus 5000 Fabric Extender (FEX) which acts as a remote line card (module) for the Nexus 7000.
- Performance monitoring of various applications and web servers to maintain quality of service and network stability.
- Maintained core switches, creating VLAN’s and configuring VTP.
- Designed IP Addressing schemes, VLAN tables and Switch port assignments, Trucking and Ether-channel implementation.
- Experience with F5 load balancers andCiscoload balancers (CSM, ACE and GSS).
- Gained hands on experience with VLSM, STP, VTP, VLAN Trucking.
- Configuring and troubleshooting Juniper MX 5,10,40,80 series Routers.
- Installed and set up Cisco routers and switches according to deployment plans.
- Applied access lists and NAT configurations based on implementation guidelines.
- Managed and developed network projects designed to strengthen network continuity and deploy security elements in an attempt to meet and exceed contract requirements, including system analysis and troubleshooting.
- Change management, monitoring network performance with network tools.
- IP Distribution for existing devices and new devices as they were added.
- Preformed maintenance on equipment as necessary, performing device upgrades, modification of configurations, password changes and diagnostic testing.
- Deployed a large-scale HSRP solution to improve the uptime of collocation customers, in an event where a core router became unreachable.
- Responsible for maintenance of multiple CheckPoint-1 firewalls on NT environment
- Worked with vendors and Engineering team to test new hardware and procedures.
- Prepared and maintained documentation using MS Visio.
- Basic and advanced F5 load balancer configurations, general troubleshooting of the F5 load balancers.
- Route configuration and point code checks for System Technician and Network Technician.
- Knowledge and experience of 802.11 a/b/g/n Ethernet standard for wireless Technology.
- Worked with other team members in testing of the network architecture.
- Implemented, configured redundancy protocols HSRP, VRRP, GLBP for Default Gateway Redundancy.
- Implementing, configuring, and troubleshooting various routing protocols like RIP, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP etc.
- Upgrade multiple Checkpoint firewall and NG on distributed NT environment. And manage network security policies which include access control, NAT, content security and authentication.
- Performing network monitoring, providing analysis using various tools like Wireshark, Solar winds etc.
- Responsible for Cisco ASA firewall administration, Rule Analysis, Rule Modification.
- Worked extensively in Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's ASA 5500.
- Experience in migration of VLANS.
- Primary responsibility is to design and deploy various network security & High Availability products like Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX other security products
- Installed various network hardware including concentrators, bridges, and hubs to establish communication connections with remote locations.
Environment: Cisco 4400/7200/3900/7600 Routers, Cisco3650, 6800/6500/3560 Switches, Nexus 7k/5k RIP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, LAN, WAN, CISCO ASA 5500, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, VLAN, QoS, Wireshark, Solar winds.
Confidential, San Ramon, CA
- Working with Network Design and implementation teams on various projects across related to Brach, Campus and Data Center.
- Designing and deployment of Partner IPSEC VPN tunnels.
- Involved in the configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP-BGP, OSPF, LDP, EIGRP, RIP, BGP v4. Configured IP access filter policies.
- Deploying and decommissioning Cisco switches and their respective software upgrades.
- Converting CatOS to Cisco IOS Config Conversion on distribution layer switches
- Experience with manipulating various BGP attributes such as Local Preference, MED, Extended Communities, Route-Reflector clusters, Route-maps and route policy implementation.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Site-to-Site and Client to Site VPN’s on Cisco PIX/ASA Firewalls and IOS Routers.
- Configuring NAT onto the Juniper SRX firewalls using Inflobox.
- To secure configurations of load balancing in F5, SSL/VPN connections, Troubleshooting CISCO ASA firewalls, and related network security measures
- NAT and access rules on PIX/ASA Firewall
- Converting Junos into Cisco OS and vice versa.
- Failover on PIX/ASA and Juniper Firewall (Active/Standby & Active/Active)
- Software upgrade (PIX/ASA F, Juniper SRX re walls)
- Experience configuring Virtual Device Context in Nexus 7010
- Experience in Configuring, upgrading and verifying the NX-OS operation system.
- Configuring and troubleshooting Juniper EX 4200, 4300, 9200, 2200,4600,3300
- Performed OSPF, BGP, DHCP Profile, HSRP, IPV6, Bundle Ethernet implementation on ASR 9K redundant pair.
- Configured CIDR IP RIP, PPP, BGP, MPLS and OSPF routing.
- Writing policies on to the cisco and Juniper Firewalls
- Configuring and Troubleshooting of Multicasting.
- Performing the ACL requests change for various clients by collecting source and destination information from them.
- Performed Break Fix support through driving to different buildings, identifying the root cause of the hardware issues with switches, routers.
- Design, implementation and operational support of routing/switching protocols in complex environments including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, Spanning Tree, 802.1q, etc.
- Performing troubleshooting on slow network connectivity issues, routing issues that involves OSPF, BGP and identifying the root cause of the issues.
- Experience working Juniper T-Series, M-Series, MX-Series, J-Series Routers.
- Configure Corporate, Wireless and Lab Devices which includes Bandwidth Upgrade, Adding New Devices, Decom the Devices, Testing (Pilot).
- Implemented DHCP, DNS, IPAM configuration on the servers to allocate, resolute the ip addresses from Subnet.
- Worked on Aruba Wireless LAN Implementation for 11n Infrastructure Across the Corporate Network.
- Troubleshoot the Network Issues onsite and remotely depending on the severity of the issues.
- Familiar with various MSIT Tools to check Networking Connectivity, Testing, Configuration and Adding or Removal of IP address blocks, Decoming or Adding the Devices.
- Created Visio Dean / Visio Documentation to give complete picture of network design for each building.
Environment: Cisco 2948/3560/4500/3560/3750/3550/3500/ switches and Cisco 3640/ 00/3845/3600/2800 routers, Cisco Nexus 7K/5K, Cisco ASA5510, Checkpoint, Aruba Controllers 6000, 3600, 3400,650: windows server 2003/2008: F5 BIGIP LTM.
- Troubleshoot traffic passing managed firewalls via logs and packet captures
- Configured and resolved various OSPF issues in an OSPF multi area environment.
- Managed fast Layer 3 switched/routed LAN/WAN infrastructure as a part of Network team.
- The LAN consisted of Cisco campus model of Cisco 3550 at access layer, Cisco 6513 at distribution/core layer.
- Worked with telecom vendors in regards to network fault isolation.
- Hands-on experience with WAN (ATM/Frame Relay), Routers, Switches, TCP/IP, Routing Protocols (BGP/OSPF), and IP addressing.
- Configured CIDR IP RIP, PPP, BGP and OSPF routing.
- Knowledge on Microsoft application servers like SQL, Active Directory
- Involved in the configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP-BGP, OSPF, MPLS, LDP, EIGRP, RIP, BGP v4. Configured IP access filter policies.
- Management and Deployment on Checkpoint Firewall.
- Use Checkpoint to establish Point-to-Point tunnels.
- Ability to use NAT and Firewall security policies in Checkpoint.
- Experience In working on Configuring Multicast.
- Identify, design and implement flexible, responsive, and secure technology services
- Experience with Firewall Administration, Rule Analysis, Rule Modification
- Modified internal infrastructure by adding switches to support server farms and added servers to existing DMZ environments to support new and existing application platforms.
- Deployed 7613 as PE and CE router and Configured and troubleshoot the Edge Routers.
- Excellent troubleshooting knowledge on T1, T3, OC-3 and OC-12.
- Configured egress and ingress queues for ISP facing routers using CBWFQ.
- Generating RCA (Root Cause Analysis) for critical issues of layer1/layer2/layer3 problems.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco catalyst 6509, 7613 with supervisor cards.
- Experience with implementing and maintaining network monitoring systems (Cisco works and HP Open view) and experience with developing complex network design documentation and presentations using VISIO
- Estimated Project costs and created documentation for project funding approvals.
Environment: Net Flow, TACACS,EIGRP,RIP,OSPF,BGP,VPN,MPLS,CSM,SUP720, Ether Channels, Cisco 7200/3845/3600/2800 routers, Fluke and Sniffer, Cisco 6509/ 3750/3550/3500/2950 switches, Checkpoint firewalls (SPLAT).
- Configured and supported TCP/IP networks.
- Monitored the network with Cisco Works 2000.
- Documented the design, implementation and troubleshooting procedures.
- Configured and troubleshoot VLAN, VTP, STP and Trunks.
- Responsible for procurement and installation of H/W, network drives and other IT infrastructure.
- Network Administrator responsible for the full Planning, designing, installation and administration of the Corporate WAN (wide area network).
- Experience working on Microsoft SharePoint 2007/2010.
- Worked on the datacenter environment, with routers and switches.
- Configuration, Management, Troubleshooting of Network devices (Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Servers, DSL Modems etc.).
- Maintained the Telecommunication Connectivity using DSL and T1 Lines.
- Maintained complex LAN/WAN networks with several VLANS and provided support for routing protocols.
- Managed IP addressing and implemented IP Access Lists.
- Evaluate and recommend inter-connectivity hardware, software, and services to fulfill various businesses needs as requirements develop.
- Worked on Routers Cisco 2620, 3750 and 2950 Switches & Link sys wireless access points.
Environment: TCP/IP networks, Cisco Works 2000, VLAN, VTP, STP, Trunks H/W, network drives, DSL, T1 Lines LAN, WAN, VLANs, IP Access List, Cisco 2620, 3750, 2950 and Link sys
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes