Sr. Devops/ Aws Engineer Resume
- Around 6+ years of experience in Linux Administration, Build and Release management involving extensive work towards code compilation, packaging, building, debugging, automating, managing, tuning and deploying code across multiple environments and Linux Administration.
- Experience in installing, configuration and administering of DHCP, DNS, FTP and LVM.
- Experience in using configuration management tools like Puppet/ Chef/AWS.
- Having Good Knowledge of AmazonAWS Cloud Services, (EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, Elastic IP, RDS, SNS, SQS, Glacier, IAM, VPC, Cloud Formation, Route53, Cloud Watch).
- Experience in monitoring System/Application Logs of server using Splunk to detect Prod issues.
- Deep understanding of Layer 7 protocols like HTTP, DHCP, DNS, and SSL/TLS.
- Strong experience on bootstrapping and maintaining AWS using Chef on complex hybrid IT infrastructure nodes through the VPN and Jump/Bastion Servers.
- Strong experience in automating Vulnerability Management patching and CI/CD using Chef, Ansible and other tools like Bitbucket, Git, Gitlab, Jenkins, Rundeck, Nexus and AWS/Azure.
- Converted existing shell scripts to cookbooks for the deployment and configuration management.
- Experience in migration of applications/databases in local DC to cloud infrastructure AWS.
- Have 3+ years of experience on Python Scripting in various projects for automating tasks.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Highly motivated and committed DevOps Engineer experienced in Automating, Configuring and deploying instances on AWS, Azure and Rackspace, cloud environments and Data centers, also familiar with EC2, Cloud watch, Elastic Search and managing security groups on AWS.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN, ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Have good working knowledge on distributed computing, e.g., NoSQL, Cassandra
- Experience with various components of Open Stack and Heat orchestration templates (HOT).
- Administration of Production, Development and Test environment’s carrying Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Centos and Solaris servers.
- Experience supporting Chef Environment with 200+ servers and involved in developing manifests.
- Experience in continuous integration technologies Bamboo and Jenkins. Designed and created multiple deployment strategies using Continuous Integration and Continuous Development Pipelines and configuration management tools with remote execution to ensure zero downtime and shortened deployment cycles via automated deployments.
- Experience working Data Center’s managing Servers, SAN and NAS devices like HP, Cisco, Brocade, EMC and HDS devices.
- Good experience and understanding of SAN (SAN arrays, HITACHI, EMC) technology including zoning, disk creation on various systems, maintaining and configuring various fiber switches and storages, Shell scripting (ksh, bash) to automate system administrative jobs.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Responsible in managing all aspects of the software configuration management process including code compilation, packaging, deployment, release methodology and application configurations.
- Administered tasks like taking backups, expanding file system disk space, creating NFS mounts.
- Established capabilities in application design, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, continuous improvement and change controls. Enhances and automates internal processes to generate efficiency.
- Coordinated different teams across the globe to deploy different builds to different environments on parallel development for multiple projects.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux (red hat), Ubuntu, Windows 98/NT/XP/Vista/7/8
SCM Tool: Subversion, GIT
Build Tool: Ant, Maven
CI tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Anthill Pro, Bamboo, U Deploy, X Deploy
Bug tracker & Testing: JIRA, Bugzilla, Junit, Test Flight and Test Rail
Repositories: Nexus, Artifactory
Web Service Tools: JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, IntelliJ IDEA, Oracle Web logic, IBM Web sphere, IIS Server
Languages/Utilities: Shell Script, ANT Script, Batch Script, Ruby, Perl, C, C++, Objective C, Python, Java, J2EE
Networking: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, CiscoRouters/Switches, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP.
Cloud Technologies: Open Stack, AWS (EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, Elastic IP, RDS, SNS, SQS, Glacier, IAM, VPC, Cloud Formation, Route53, CloudWatch), Microsoft Azure.
Databases SQL Server: Oracle, DB2, Teradata
Monitoring and profiling tools: Splunk, DynatraceJProfiler.
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA
Sr. DevOps/ AWS Engineer
- In my recent project I'm worked as AWS administrator, where I manage 1500 instances and which are in multiple regions and different AWS accounts.
- Responsible for deploying, growing and maintaining large distributed systems.
- Responsible for infrastructure design, deployment and operation of a variety of systems and coordinate such projects with internal IT and external vendors
- Used Subversion as source code repositories.Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Developed Shell/Python Scripts for automation purpose.
- Working on multiple AWS services in integration with Cloud Watch, Lambda, ELB and Auto - Scaling.
- We use AWS cloud formation templates to provision and manage infrastructure.
- Resolved merging issues during rebasing and re-integrating branches by conducting meetings with Development Team Leads.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Used Chef to automate Configuration management.
- Design and implement automated solutions for deployment and monitoring
- Design, deploy, proactively maintain, monitor, support Myriad in-house products
- Develop and implement automation and orchestration tools
- Build Infrastructure-as-code using AWS resources
- Provide solutions towards critical issues on WEB applications
- Build tools to monitor every components in the network
- Automate build and deployment processes.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points and Packages.
- Engineering by providing automation and instrumentation to improve productivity, reduce risk, and achieve scale.
- Deployed cloud stack using AWSOps work.
- Managed Ubuntu, Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWSEC2 using Open-Source Chef Server.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Have deployed various application through Docker containers.
- Used AGILE MVN method to develop a build and also ANT as a build tool.
- Involved in writing parent POM files to establish the code quality tools integration.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Used Jenkins, Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing and release management.
- Verified if the methods used to create and recreate software builds are consistent and repeatable.
- Suggested tools and related implementation to engineering teams regarding cloud based services.
- Executed QA services for enhancing efficiency of technologies AND related updates for cloud storage applications.
- Experience in Migrating applications to the AWS cloud.
- Involved in Research of the project application architecture to support/resolve build, compile, and test issues/problems.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
- Used Jira as ticket tracking and work flow tool.
Environment: AWS, SVN, Shell/Python Scripts, SCM, GIT, Jenkins, Chef, Build Forge, Docker, Maven, ANT, Apache Tomcat, Ruby, Jira, Cloud computing, Openstack, JVM.
Confidential, Middletown, NJ
DevOps/ Build and Release Engineer
- Worked closely with the Development Team in the design phase and developed Use case diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Being a DevOps Engineer my work is to maintain infrastructure throughout the development life cycle.
- Designed and implemented Subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion /GIT.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Worked closely with developers to pinpoint and provide early warnings of common build failures.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Web logic.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups, reports and queries.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
- Kept track of all the releases and request of the developers through Infrastructure management tool.
- Used the continuous integration tool Anthill Pro to automate the daily processes.
- Created views and appropriate meta-data, performed merges, and executed builds on a pool of dedicated build machines.
Environment: Subversion, GIT, AWS, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA, Ruby, LINUX, XML, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Web logic, MY SQL, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
DevOps / Build and Release Engineer
- Designed and Developed Jenkins Build deployments.
- Managed Nexus Maven repositories to download the artifacts during the build.
- Branching and merging code lines in the GIT and resolved all the conflicts raised during the merges.
- Used GIT as Version Control System for two applications. Managed development streams and integration streams.
- Designed and developed build Korn shell and Perl scripts.
- Experience in writing maven pom.xml and Phing build.xml for build scripts.
- Used Maven Nexus Repository to upload the build artifacts after a successful build.
- Installed and administered tools like Jenkins, Jira, Confluence and Fisheye.
- Trained teams on using Confluence for the document and collaboration activities.
- Written Perl/Shell scripts for deployments to servers.
- Used Jmeter and Selenium for load testing and Front End performance testing.
- Used Behat for User Acceptance Testing for the Website
- Deployed the build artifacts into environments like QA, UAT & Production according to the build life cycle.
- Worked on Develops automated tools that produce repeatable, auditable software builds and deployments across all environments and a variety of platforms
- Provided the reports using Bean shell scripting in Anthill Pro.
- Written WLST scripts and integrated with Anthill Pro to automate the deployment activities to various environments.
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA, Ruby, LINUX, XML, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Web logic, MY SQL, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts.
Unix/Linux /Systems Administrator
- Installation, configuration and administration of Red HatLinuxservers and support for Servers.
- Installation, maintenance and regular upgrades of Red HatLinuxServers using kick start based network installation
- Provided 24x7 System Administration support for Red HatLinux3.x, 4.xservers and resolved trouble tickets on shift rotation basis.
- Provide the support of building the server, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, software installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting and KVM.
- Managing Compaq and Linux workstations and servers.
- Installation of patches and other software packages
- Disk and File system management through Solstice Disk Suite on Solaris and other logical volume manager for other flavor of UNIX.
- Monitoring system performance, tune-up kernel parameter, adding /removing /administering hosts, users, disks on DNS / NIS domain.
- Configuration of Hardware and Software RAID on Digital & Sun Servers
- Installation of Oracle Patches and Troubleshooting, Creating and modifying application related objects, Creating Profiles, Users, Roles and maintaining system security.
- Administrative tasks such as System Startup/shutdown, Backup strategy, Printing, Documentation, User Management, Security, Network management, dumb terminals and devices carried out.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle 7.x/8.x.
- Implemented NFS, DNS and NIS under SUN.
- Performed the administration of the Domain Name Server and configuration of the Database Files.
- Wrote bash shell scripts for getting information about variousLinuxservers
- Installed and Configured Send mail Utility on Sun UNIX Servers.
- Administering NFS Mounts.
Environment: Red HatLinux2.6.x, SunFire, SunStorEdge L280, SunStorEdge A1000, A5000, JBODs Compaq servers, Solstice Disk Suite, Oracle 7.x/8.x.
- Installation, Maintenance, Administration and troubleshooting of Sun Solaris9,10 and Red hat9, AS 3.0 servers on various hardware platforms that include Sun 4800, V480, 280R, 4500, 3500, Dell6400, 2400, 1800 etc.
- Performed automated installations of Operating System using Jumpstart for Solaris and Kick- start for Linux.
- Extensively worked on hard disk mirroring and stripe with parity using RAID controllers.
- Implemented a High Availability Cluster using2V480s, aT3 and VERITAS Cluster Server 4.0.
- Developed, customized and build packages on Solaris and RPMs on Linux for deployment on various servers through Software Development Life Cycle.
- Designed bash, ksh, and Perl scripts to automate application and system management activities.
- These scripts provided the following functionality: application startup and shutdown, monitored systems and applications health, and web site management.
- Installation, Management, Configuration of LAN/WAN systems utilizing Cisco switches and routers.
- Installation and configuration of Veritas Volume manager.
- Taking Daily System Backups using Veritas NetBackup software. Managing and Administration of SAN environment creating fabric zone.
- Upgrading the firmware for arrays, switches and server.
- Performing Kernel upgrades and loading modules for Red hat.
- Produce interoperability verification documents for partner product validation and support validation process.
- Good scripting experience (power shell preferred).
- Experience working in an enterprise environment.
- Excellent knowledge with Remedy.
- Hardware support knowledge.
Environment: Red HatLinux2.6.x, SunFire, SunStorEdge L280, Sun StorEdge A1000, A5000, JBODs Compaq servers, Solstice Disk Suite, Oracle 7.x/8.x.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes